ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting Analysis

Bad shooters good shots hits the nail on the head. A good shooter who is a willing defender could come in here and be a 3-4 year hero.

Interesting. I can't tell method he uses to denote good from bad shot selection but it looks reasonable in the graphs.

I think Indiana would hit 17-19 foot 2's if they settled down and looked to shoot the ball. Some of them are simply beyond their range out there past 21/22ft.

For every 3 they miss they give up a chance at a greater than 50% shot from closer inside. That is why a team with Trayce and Race needs to shoot well outside, and not just the mathematical 33% that is sometimes spouted. Otherwise it isn't worth it.
I'd look to reduce 3PA and start running curl screens and other midrange offense to supplement the points in the paint.

It's interesting, although Archie's job includes recruiting people who can shoot--so he doesn't really get a pass just because we're getting good looks.

If Franklin stays over 40% from three this year, he'll probably be the first Archie recruit to do so at IU. That's brutal when your rotation includes several juniors and seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT