ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State analysis

Have we landed Harralson, Budunga or Sisley?
Gotta recruit them before you land them. I think we've made up ground with Bidunga and made him at least think about a race most thought was over. And, just as a precursor, I still think we won't get him, but CMW did the right think in recruiting him (and Booker). Crawl before walking, walk before run. I think his instate recruiting is on track.

Gotta recruit them before you land them. I think we've made up ground with Bidunga and made him at least think about a race most thought was over. And, just as a precursor, I still think we won't get him, but CMW did the right think in recruiting him (and Booker). Crawl before walking, walk before run. I think his instate recruiting is on track.
I doubt we get Flory.

Well the doubles it with the conference tournament as well. Sooo..
They beat two non-tournament teams and a team that played their way in during the tournament. Who cares? BTT did nothing either way to improve/hurt IU's seeding.

They beat two non-tournament teams and a team that played their way in during the tournament. Who cares? BTT did nothing either way to improve/hurt IU's seeding.
Where did I say it did? He was downplaying PU this year. I was just stating they won both. So it’s hard to say they didn’t earn it.

Now it is "doubt" when before I believe it was more along the lines of "no way" or "no chance".
Hmmm
I have heard so much in this recruitment, that it is hard to say what it is true.
I do know there is strong “loyalty” to the Adams family.
- I have also heard he really like Brantley at PU
- I have heard he loved IU atmosphere.

Who cares?
Actually, I do (and I would guess you do too, as do most Hoosier fans. We've done so poorly for so long, I think a lot of IU fans have started to downplay it's importance, but that is the worst streak of all and I'd love to see it erased). Our performance in the BTT is beyond embarassing and I'd rather have a BTT title than a S16 until we win at least 1. I don't buy the "lose and extra rest" theory, unless we at least get to an E8 this year.

Reactions: mohepa
I doubt we get Flory.
I said that in my post. I know, you can't resist the impulse to be negative, but I think CMW had to go after him and it would have been a mistake not to try, even with long odds.

Actually, I do (and I would guess you do too, as do most Hoosier fans. We've done so poorly for so long, I think a lot of IU fans have started to downplay it's importance, but that is the worst streak of all and I'd love to see it erased). Our performance in the BTT is beyond embarassing and I'd rather have a BTT title than a S16 until we win at least 1. I don't buy the "lose and extra rest" theory, unless we at least get to an E8 this year.
it’s especially embarrassing since it is basically a home game in Indy, and close to one when in chicago.

I don't root for IU to lose in the BTT, but sure as hell don't get bent out of shape over it. I think winning the B10 regular season is a far greater achievement than winning the BTT. I'll take a second weekend appearance over a BTT title and potentially a worn down team any day of the week.

Purdue played most of thier home/away schedule against the bottom 4 in conference.
I know that math can be hard but your comment is not correct. If Purdue played home and home against the bottom 4 in the conference, that represents 8 games. There are 20 conference games. 8 out of 20 is 40%, which is way less than 50%. Most implies >50%.

I blocked them on Twitter. Cannot stand them. They may be great guys one on one, but come across as arrogant and completely obnoxious on social media. I couldn't take it anymore.
I've never been able to stomach them either, but they do get really good guests and have some good interviews. Fortunately I have a friend who can watch them and he tells me if there's a good interview and I'll just watch that part.

I blocked them on Twitter. Cannot stand them. They may be great guys one on one, but come across as arrogant and completely obnoxious on social media. I couldn't take it anymore.
But I love listening to the Steve Greens, Kent Bensons, and the Jamal Meeks of the world..

Reactions: kkott
I know that math can be hard but your comment is not correct. If Purdue played home and home against the bottom 4 in the conference, that represents 8 games. There are 20 conference games. 8 out of 20 is 40%, which is way less than 50%. Most implies >50%.
Guessing he means the % of teams you played twice, not overall. Think thats 4/7. You're right, math is hard for you.

I said that in my post. I know, you can't resist the impulse to be negative, but I think CMW had to go after him and it would have been a mistake not to try, even with long odds.
Lol geesh, just saying I doubt we land him. Yes he should have absolutely went after him.

Listen idiot. Purdue played the bottom 5 teams more times than they played the 5 teams that finished right behind them (2-6). Now I really know this is hard for you.

If you knew that story you would understand why. SMH dude
What story? The story where you acted like you could predict the future and then it turned out you were wrong?

I've heard that story enough times to last a lifetime. From well before Romeo and through to this season. We're all kind of tired of it, in case you are wondering why you are the one getting picked on.

What story? The story where you acted like you could predict the future and then it turned out you were wrong?

I've heard that story enough times to last a lifetime. From well before Romeo and through to this season. We're all kind of tired of it, in case you are wondering why you are the one getting picked on.
Stalked by you? Idk why do you?

Lol geesh, just saying I doubt we land him. Yes he should have absolutely went after him.
Yes: geesh, lol! You said CMW should have gone after him. Not an endorsement by any stretch but the first thing I think I've seen you say in this whole thread that wasn't critical!

Guessing he means the % of teams you played twice, not overall. Think thats 4/7. You're right, math is hard for you.
I read what is written, not what people may have thought that they wrote; or what I would have guessed that they wrote. Clear communication is the responsibility of the poster, not the reader. My response was to what was written and is correct.

Yes: geesh, lol! You said CMW should have gone after him. Not an endorsement by any stretch but the first thing I think I've seen you say in this whole thread that wasn't critical!
Ok. Sorry. Just rainbows and unicorns here I see.
Iu basketball has been kinda a joke the last 30years

I have none not having seen them play, but this was an excellent piece by Assembly Call. They tracked down an IN kid who is a Hoosier fan from Noblesville who walked on at Akron and has played against KSU 6X over the last couple of years. Excellent piece. If we don't have our heads screwed on straight, it sounds like we can get beaten. The type of team that will come in ready and confident. Fortunately as a team it sounds like they don't shoot 3s well, but have a sharpshooter off the bench. Hoping others can add to this thread or link good articles about Kent State.

Yes, IU has shown they can be average at best several times.
Lots of teams with season records boasting single digit losses,
and 3pt snipers in the NCAA brackets.
Single digit losses explains Rutgers relegation to the NIT.
I say IU defends the 3 well and prevails.
Michigan survived v. Natural rival (regular season champ) Toledo.

How did I whine in my post above? The difference in recruiting Indiana vs star chasing is getting guys like Smith, Gillis, Kramer, etc.
Bob knight lived off recruiting the state and getting hard nosed kids that fit his system. I do t see that in the past 4 coaches Iu has had. Have we went after the big fish? Yes we have but we haven’t prioritized kids that are tough asses that can shoot, block out, hit FT’s and handle the ball.
I feel like you're just saying stuff at this point. I understand your frustration with regards to IU basketball. I think your frustration with regards to recruiting the state is largely misplaced or not very well thought out.

I take less stock in those early games. (Crean beat NC and Kansas and didn’t make the tournament)Little film on those teams. No metric, conference wins has Kent state better. Even shooting. They are not a great shooting team. Im standing firm on IU moving on.
BUT - Kent St. did have three double-digits losses in their conference, albeit all on the road.

I feel like you're just saying stuff at this point. I understand your frustration with regards to IU basketball. I think your frustration with regards to recruiting the state is largely misplaced or not very well thought out.
Iu has 4 guys from Indiana on the roster with one of them being Leal.

PU starts 4 guys from Indiana and has 7 on the roster. Just looks like a different focus from the two programs

PU starts 4 guys from Indiana and has 7 on the roster. Just looks like a different focus from the two programs
Purdue is never going to land nationally rated guys outside of Indiana, it's why they have to recruit mostly in-state kids. It's why they've had such low tournament ceilings the last 40 years and why this year isn't all that much different.

Purdue is never going to land nationally rated guys outside of Indiana, it's why they have to recruit mostly in-state kids. It's why they've had such low tournament ceilings the last 40 years and why this year isn't all that much different.
What have we done with a different approach?

You never answer the question: so to be clear, you want Smith and Loyer vs JHS and Reanu, correct? Colvin over Newton next year? These are yes and no answers.

What have we done with a different approach?
8 of the 11 players who committed to Archie Miller were from Indiana (not including Duncomb-OH and Gunn-IN as they never played for him). He never made the tournament. You tell me?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT