ADVERTISEMENT

Shooters

NOMORENIT

Freshman
Jan 29, 2020
This team has no shooters. Galloway can't hit a wide open shot. Mac can't. Cupps can't. Walker is horrible. Malik is having a night where he should have just stayed back in Bloomington. Keep CJ Gunn in and tell him to shoot as much as he wants. Ouch.....Walker just threw up another brick at the 10:52 mark. This is horrible.

Best example of complete lack of shooting was Reneau having time to set his feet, no one flying at him, textbook practice jumper for 3, and he missed. If you miss those you just can't shoot at a consistent level.

Reactions: bbafficionado
This team has no shooters. Galloway can't hit a wide open shot. Mac can't. Cupps can't. Walker is horrible. Malik is having a night where he should have just stayed back in Bloomington. Keep CJ Gunn in and tell him to shoot as much as he wants. Ouch.....Walker just threw up another brick at the 10:52 mark. This is horrible.
Walker hasn’t done much his one year here. Meanwhile, Sparks remains a bull in a china shop. Reneau disappeared. Ware shows no emotion. Cupps is weak. Disappointed. We’ve lost 15 of the last 18 games played against Purdue.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: BigMobe
We missed a three that bounced long nearly straight back to the shooters spot. But the shooter was long gone having faded and backpedaled down court before it even hit iron.

A coach should allow that maybe once. Once... Our staff doesn't even notice.

Reactions: bbafficionado
IU fans thought they had a star transferring in with Walker. This kid averaged 5pts at Miami. Galloway is this big miss. The senior is a gritty player and can slash but can't hit a wide open jumper or even a free throw.

You can add rebounding to the thread title to compliment shooters. Brayden Smith, the shortest player on Purdue’s team, has more rebounds than any single player on IU team. And he’s doing this while having a 7’4” center on his team. IU has more issues than just shooters . You have to want to rebound or another way of saying it, you have to care.

shooters alone will not be the cure just look at how the ball moves with purdue vs iu, We mostly just stand arount and do one on one.

Reactions: demunn
You can add rebounding to the thread title to compliment shooters. Brayden Smith, the shortest player on Purdue’s team, has more rebounds than any single player on IU team. And he’s doing this while having a 7’4” center on his team. IU has more issues than just shooters . You have to want to rebound or another way of saying it, you have to care.
The self-inflicted wounds and disadvantages this coaching staff has created are numerous. It is just s*** basketball.

I wish OSU would have beaten IU before this game. IU needs to rid themselves of this situation. Such a terrible situation. Absolutelty horrible decision making.
it is a really bad osu team but a win like that helps woodson keep his job.

it is a really bad osu team but a win like that helps woodson keep his job.
Yep. Unfortunately. I can see Woody winning his final two B1G games and going 2-1 in conference tournament and the dimwit fans being happy with momentum and want to keep this terrible situation going another season instead of improving it. So yeah, next season will be alot worse than this one. It took me a half second to get over finding out the loss 10
minutes ago. I'm actually happy it happened. Because it needs to happen.

Reactions: Tammany Hall
Cupps- afraid to shoot
Leal- afraid to shoot
Galloway-poor outside shooter
Walker- no shot
Reneau- great inside 5 feet, no shot
Mac- streaky shooter

The problem woodson has is he has to get three or more legit portal players this time around. He got ware which was nice but the other two were role players at best. This spring he needs guys who can start day one not payton sparks type role players. Maybe he can do it but that is what he is going to need to get to have any chance next year.

The problem woodson has is he has to get three or more legit portal players this time around. He got ware which was nice but the other two were role players at best. This spring he needs guys who can start day one not payton sparks type role players. Maybe he can do it but that is what he is going to need to get to have any chance next year.
GUARDS!

Yep. Unfortunately. I can see Woody winning his final two B1G games and going 2-1 in conference tournament and the dimwit fans being happy with momentum and want to keep this terrible situation going another season instead of improving it. So yeah, next season will be alot worse than this one. It took me a half second to get over finding out the loss 10
minutes ago. I'm actually happy it happened. Because it needs to happen.
This is right. It’s too bad, but the nature of our admin is they need huge pressure to do anything in normal times, and this situation is even worse. Dolson made this hire, so his job is at risk if he has to admit Woody failed. The Chair of the BoT is Woody’s best buddy who I’m 100% sure will want to give him time to fix it (he can’t). The season needs to go so badly they have to cry uncle and tap out.

Woodson is maybe the worst coach in IU history when you account for him having the most NIL in the conference to buy players. Nothing matters except him leaving, his negatives outweigh anything positive that could happen with the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT