ADVERTISEMENT

Shitty coaching

T
We are in the 98th percentile of teams taking long two’s (within 3 feet of the 3 point line).
I’d be curious in what the raw numbers were. Is it 20 shots/game? Is it 20 shots attempted on the season?

There was an early game where I can recall at least three attempts where a player had a foot on the line (one of them was reversed to a 2 by an official). Very poor execution and awareness by players that should know better. Almost as bad as attempting a 3 with a foot on the out of bounds line.

Reactions: DCDAVID
IU is not going to pay Woody’s buy out this year, so we got him for another season and half. We don’t know how this season is going to end and what are team is going to look like next year. You can act like bunch of teenage girls and whine and cry over spill milk, or you can act like a grown up and see how things play out. Again Woody is going no where anytime soon.
There won’t be any whining. There will be apathy. Assembly Hall half empty, and/or perhaps having to play NIT games on the road. Fun stuff for a “blue blood”

IU is not going to pay Woody’s buy out this year, so we got him for another season and half. We don’t know how this season is going to end and what are team is going to look like next year. You can act like bunch of teenage girls and whine and cry over spill milk, or you can act like a grown up and see how things play out. Again Woody is going no where anytime soon.

The same thing was said about the buy out for Allen and yet, we have a new coach.

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Tony A. Was a guest on assembly call last night. He said a stat that made me puke. IU is in the 98th percentile for taking shots 3 feet inside of the three point line. That shot is the worst possible shot to take in college bball and we do it more than 98% of the teams. Now realize we are a horrid shooting team. Let that sink in.

We run actions for Gunn coming off screens to take that shot. I’ve seen it out of inbounds multiple times. So we game plan for a shitty shooter to take a difficult shot, that is the worst shot in the game analytics wise. Dumbasses.

Sitting dudes with 2 fouls for the half is essentially fouling them out in the 1st half. WTF good does it do to make sure they don’t get their third foul if the game is fuxking over when they go back in?? Oh and Mack finished with 2 fouls…. Dumbasses.

Too much talent for this shit showing. I place it squarely on Mikey W. If we miss the tournament I for sure will want him gone. This shit is pathetic.
If he had left them in the way the game is going, and both get a 3 or maybe 4th foul .You would complain about that.

The guard play for IU is the weak link not the coach. X is completely off the rails trying to get back to game speed and forcing plays like he did when he first got to IU. Cupps looks like the long term PG for the team but is learning as a Frosh. Galloway is good but struggles to shoot with any kind of consistency. Caleb Love would look pretty solid on this team this year. Woody should of put a full court press on getting him.

Chris Beard would be awesome coach at IU.
You are like man ho has a wife but she snores too loud so you ant another one.

The experiment is over. He is done
Why would he step down. First the team has a wining record. Second dealing with you naysayers builds character. Third the whims of this crowd who are tossed back and forth ,have no substance,never satisfied.

At least the previous hires made a little sense. Woodson’s hire continues to mystify. His press conferences actually capture how he continues to second-guess his in-game decision making. It’s all just completely odd. He’s definitely out of touch and his mediocre NBA coaching career might be better served leading the Indiana Mad Ants. Give Woodson and this staff Purdue’s roster and they’d have 5-6 losses. Conversely, Painter and his crew would have IU ranked in the top 5. Purdue’s second best scorer was dismal and the Boilers scored 87.
They never made it into the tournament or had twenty wins. Never satisfied.

A lot of BS in this post. Nobody laughed at ND, Who cares if the coach is black, yellow, red. The guy can’t coach. Period
INTERESTING post, would you be saying the same thing if he was white. Miller got 4 years no tourneys no twenty win seasons, interesting

If he had left them in the way the game is going, and both get a 3 or maybe 4th foul .You would complain about that.
No I wouldn't, because that would mean he is trying to adjust. HE has done this every single time a player gets 2 fouls. He is very predictable and treats college way too much like the NBA. It is clearly not working, and his insistence on doing it a certain way with no change, will be his downfall.

Same thing with JHS, he was pretty good at the mid range jumper (above 40% in the long midrange jumpers). CJ, and Cupps are horrendous at it, but he still allows it to happen like they are JHS.

No I wouldn't, because that would mean he is trying to adjust. HE has done this every single time a player gets 2 fouls. He is very predictable and treats college way too much like the NBA. It is clearly not working, and his insistence on doing it a certain way with no change, will be his downfall.

Same thing with JHS, he was pretty good at the mid range jumper (above 40% in the long midrange jumpers). CJ, and Cupps are horrendous at it, but he still allows it to happen like they are JHS.
Almost all coaches sit a player with two.

Why would he step down. First the team has a wining record. Second dealing with you naysayers builds character. Third the whims of this crowd who are tossed back and forth ,have no substance,never satisfied.
You really using this team by “overall record”
Who have we beaten? Honestly this team is very portly coached and constructed. Great individual talent when on a better team though. Could you imagine Ware on a good team?

Reactions: Tammany Hall
How do you know ,what the team will look like?
If history is any indication, poor shooting both from the field and the line, give up a lot of open 3’s and get out rebounded. X struggles and has an emotional fit flagrant foul. Anyone who gets 2 fouls in the first half sits until after halftime, regardless of game situation. Post game talk of getting them over the hump.

• Angry

Who is the coach ,he said he should have left MM in. HE CMW is learning his players too.

If history is any indication, poor shooting both from the field and the line, give up a lot of open 3’s and get out rebounded. X struggles and has an emotional fit flagrant foul. Anyone who gets 2 fouls in the first half sits until after halftime, regardless of game situation. Post game talk of getting them over the hump.
Do you want some cheese with that whine.

Take a deep breath. It’s going to be OK. Plenty of great things you can be doing as a hobby. I think you are taking things waasaaay too seriously.
You would not believe all the hate messages and naysayers i am getting. Its all good Ive been a fan for 55years and nothing will change that. Though good times and bad bad times . I bleed candy stripes.

You would not believe all the hate messages and naysayers i am getting. Its all good Ive been a fan for 55years and nothing will change that. Though good times and bad bad times . I bleed candy stripes.
I mostly agree with you that Woody has done enough positive so far, that it's ridiculous to think about pushing him out the door... except for his age and seeming lack of energy. See the thread about him not recruiting IN, and that's my concern, more for the future and direction, than the results this year. This could just be a bad collection of players, who's sum isn't greater than the parts. He can also argue no one expected JHS to develop and leave in a year, and that Newton is injured, so there are legit excuses for this year, and I expected it would be a rebuild and we'd not make the tourney, until he got MM and KW, and I applaud him for that. But, we also can't live off the portal. I think we need to be developing a culture and continuity and if the portal is your primary recruiting means, I don't think that happens. It's why I've said I hope Dolson is sitting down with Woody and monitoring the future and his plans regularly. The bball HC at IU is maybe the biggest concern for our AD, so I hope he's insuring this is a 1 year thing. He may not have to answer to fans and reporters about his actions, but he should to the AD. What I see is poor play and fundamentals and I feel like a big chunk of that is attributable to coaching and not chemistry. Frankly, Woody looks and sounds tired, and I fear he's not above cashing checks as long as he can. So, that's why I think this situation is different than Archie or Crean.

Last edited:
What is making you so passionate about Woody?
I am passionate for Indiana. I have been for over 55 years, CMW Happens to be the coach. I was crazy about RMK, G Mcginnis and S Downing. I was in college when CMW was playing.

I mostly agree with you that Woody has done enough positive so far, that it's ridiculous to think about pushing him out the door... except for his age and seeming lack of energy. See the thread about him not recruiting IN, and that's my concern, more for the future and direction, than the results this year. This could just be a bad collection of players, who's sum isn't greater than the parts. He can also argue no one expected JHS to develop and leave in a year, and that Newton is injured, so there are legit excuses for this year, and I expected it would be a rebuild and we'd not make the tourney, until he got MM and KW, and I applaud him for that. But, we also can't live off the portal. I think we need to be developing a culture and continuity and if the portal is your primary recruiting means, I don't think that happens. It's why I've said I hope Dolson is sitting down with Woody and monitoring the future and his plans. The bball HC at IU is maybe the biggest concern for our AD, so I hope he's insuring this is a 1 year thing. But, what I see is poor play and fundamentals and I feel like a big chunk of that is attributable to coaching and not chemistry. Frankly, Woody looks and sounds tired, and I fear he's not above cashing checks as long as he can. So, that's why I think this situation is different than Archie or Crean.
Few coaches can build a college winner with NBA principles. We are seeing that play out.

Best post in this thread. I've been following IU since the Lou Watson days when we listened on the radio and loved IU. Just got a better offer to go to Purdue. You seem like a fan I would like sharing bball stories with over a cold one.
Sadly, most of my stories don't revolve around IU bball anymore... my memory's not that good! I was 10 in 76 and just starting to watch the Hoosiers during that run, which made me love the candy stripes. I was 15 in '81 and 21 in '87 so I saw a lot of great bball, but it's been a long stretch of mostly underperforming since then. But, through it all Hoosier Nation has remained strong. Few schools would have stood by their team like IU fans have. Heck, when PU swooned, their attendance dropped by more than half and there was way less support than what we've seen. Living out of state, it's been great to go to games and be around my fellow Hoosiers. Some of the best have actually been the soccer matches I've seen! The next time I get back to Btown, let's put a night at Nicks on the calendar!

I mostly agree with you that Woody has done enough positive so far, that it's ridiculous to think about pushing him out the door... except for his age and seeming lack of energy. See the thread about him not recruiting IN, and that's my concern, more for the future and direction, than the results this year. This could just be a bad collection of players, who's sum isn't greater than the parts. He can also argue no one expected JHS to develop and leave in a year, and that Newton is injured, so there are legit excuses for this year, and I expected it would be a rebuild and we'd not make the tourney, until he got MM and KW, and I applaud him for that. But, we also can't live off the portal. I think we need to be developing a culture and continuity and if the portal is your primary recruiting means, I don't think that happens. It's why I've said I hope Dolson is sitting down with Woody and monitoring the future and his plans. The bball HC at IU is maybe the biggest concern for our AD, so I hope he's insuring this is a 1 year thing. But, what I see is poor play and fundamentals and I feel like a big chunk of that is attributable to coaching and not chemistry. Frankly, Woody looks and sounds tired, and I fear he's not above cashing checks as long as he can. So, that's why I think this situation is different than Archie or Crean.
Wow a level headed person. I give you two things that bother me. The behind the back shit by X And Ware not getting on the ground with Edey. You rarely see IU players getting on the ground scraping.

Reactions: glmiu11 and kkott
I am passionate for Indiana. I have been for over 55 years, CMW Happens to be the coach. I was crazy about RMK, G Mcginnis and S Downing. I was in college when CMW was playing.
Then you should know quality basketball and what quality coaching looks like. Woody simply isn’t the answer.

I got bad news for you. Woodson has never quit a head coaching gig. And IU has never had a standard that high.

The admins have surprised me with two quicker trigger firings in the last few years. I'd be surprised if they don't give him one more year to sort it out, assuming we miss the tournament this year, although that isn't certain. There are plenty of games left.
Woody absolutely gets another year regardless of what happens. The question is can QB convince him to step down rather than go through another buy out

• Angry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT