ADVERTISEMENT

SEZ project/renovation thread...

Hundred Hall:

IMG_8095.png

Last edited:
Welcome to the Lee Corso-era Memorial Stadium! The look would be complete if he pulled up the field and put down some of that plastic grass-looking rug they sell at Home Depot and Menards.
Can see the team bus arriving on the plastic grass
now.
images

Reactions: Thomtar
I was at that game. Strange start, typical finish.
I too went to the game and for several weeks, Corso was talking about how people loved the pregame warm-ups. The team warmed up in the field house and used the double deck busses to go to the stadium. A large number of fans were pi$$ed because the team arrived with less than 5 minutes before kick-off. I never arrived early for another game...

How will the new SEZ video board fit in these B1G rankings?

The south end zone board coming in 2018 is supposed to be 40 X 90. The one they're putting up for this season in the north end zone, which will remain for the future, is only 20 X 60, but they really couldn't put anything much bigger there without it looking obnoxious. Also, long-term that's just going to be a secondary board.

2719799_D-497_E-4569-_A359-25_AB88710142.jpg

Reactions: ESalum86
Yep, rode by there yesterday and the crane was gone. Gonna strain the ol' neck this year watching replays!
Ha ha yeah. I imagine there's gonna be a ton of complaining about that this year. It's only one year, folks.

Hey Hoosier fans. Rutgers fan coming in peace.

Stumbled upon this stadium renovation project and it looks great. Seems that the Big Ten has its own facilities arm race going on -- which I guess is what happens when you hand people parking lots full of money.

So what does this current renovation bring and what's in the plans for years to come?

We just re-did our football weight room (few mil private funding), built a very basic indoor baseball practice facility and a very nice football practice complex (8.5 mil private funding). A multi sport complex is getting started next year as well.

Lots of improvements but we still have some major areas of improvement in this never ending race.

Hey Hoosier fans. Rutgers fan coming in peace.

Stumbled upon this stadium renovation project and it looks great. Seems that the Big Ten has its own facilities arm race going on -- which I guess is what happens when you hand people parking lots full of money.

So what does this current renovation bring and what's in the plans for years to come?

We just re-did our football weight room (few mil private funding), built a very basic indoor baseball practice facility and a very nice football practice complex (8.5 mil private funding). A multi sport complex is getting started next year as well.

Lots of improvements but we still have some major areas of improvement in this never ending race.
This is a good detailed explaination:

http://iuhoosiers.com/news/2017/4/2...king-for-iu-athletics-excellence-academy.aspx

We enclosed our north end zone in 2009, and added a hall of champions, a new 25,000 square-foot weight room, a new football complex/offices, offices for the athletic department, and a new 20,000 square-foot academic center under the east stands:

IMG_9248.jpg

4581_E860-2_D62-4339-_BFC9-_C2_CE25851_DD1.jpg

5_E7_E4_B1_B-508_A-465_C-_B746-8_A7_D87_B93_B50.jpg

A9886_F70-91_CA-4_C86-9_C42-_CEA9_D63_D636_A.jpg

The current south end zone project on the other side of the stadium will be completed next July. It goes into more detail/renderings in the link I provided at the top of my post, but the main focus will be a new sport science facility, a new nutrition/dining hall for the athletes, a new health/rehabilitation center, a new career services/counseling center, a new club area for fans, and a rooftop terrace for fans.

A new videoboard was added in the north end zone for this year, and a larger videoboard will be added to the south end zone next summer. The older concessions/restrooms in the stadium, along with the press box and stadium club, will be renovated to be up to ADA standards. More ADA seating will also be added to the west and east stands. It will also allow for the football locker room to be expanded and renovated, and for a new football players lounge to be built...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT