ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Davis

Idk what Seth is talking about. Brad isn’t looking to coach — Celtics are trying to win a title. IU may change coaches next year or in three years — who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: nichlee
Doubt he knows anything but take it FWIW.

So Seth thinks after turning down the job 3 years ago, then enjoying 3 very successful years as the GM of the most storied NBA franchise that he now wants to get back into coaching and at the college level????

I mean serious question. If you had the choice between being a GM of the Celtics, or chasing 16, 17, 18 year old kids only to have them leave after a year because they think they can get more NIL money or you didn't play them enough, which one would you take?

Idk what Seth is talking about. Brad isn’t looking to coach — Celtics are trying to win a title. IU may change coaches next year or in three years — who knows.
long sailed, why would he want to be bobby when he is red?

Reactions: nichlee
So Seth thinks after turning down the job 3 years ago, then enjoying 3 very successful years as the GM of the most storied NBA franchise that he now wants to get back into coaching and at the college level????

I mean serious question. If you had the choice between being a GM of the Celtics, or chasing 16, 17, 18 year old kids only to have them leave after a year because they think they can get more NIL money or you didn't play them enough, which one would you take?
You mean choosing between dealing with a fickle fan base vs losing a postseason series to the Heat for a second year? I don't know. That's a tough one.

I'd take whichever makes me happier. Maybe he's tired of the big city, or tired of being a GM, or misses coaching, or any number of things. He is financially set so he can do anything he wants. And maybe he wants to coach, if that is his passion.

Probably just me but I'm a bit tired of treating Stevens like he'd be the second coming. He had his opportunity and passed. I'd take him if he came back but it'd be a different game for him now too.
Exactly. He's no savior. (But would be worth a shot.)

Besides, he'll play us like before, and then not take the job.

Reactions: demunn
You mean choosing between dealing with a fickle Tfan base vs losing a postseason series to the Heat for a second year? I don't know. That's a tough one.
Fickle? The word literally means "changing loyalties frequently". Did that happen with RMK in Bloomington? No...it started when the administration hired one turkey after another. We changed because the coaches changed....over and over. And its because they haven't hired a successful coach....yet. The fan base isn't fickle....the administration might be. They should add a participation trophy to the trophy case after every coach is hired. They need to go to the dealership to find a coach and stay off the used car lot.

Fickle? The word literally means "changing loyalties frequently". Did that happen with RMK in Bloomington? No...it started when the administration hired one turkey after another. We changed because the coaches changed....over and over. And its because they haven't hired a successful coach....yet. The fan base isn't fickle....the administration might be. They should add a participation trophy to the trophy case after every coach is hired. They need to go to the dealership to find a coach and stay off the used car lot.
Fickle is a lot broader than just "changing minds". Changing emotions, and player and coach loyalties. Reading this board is like listening to a bunch of hyper-emotional preteen girls sometimes. "This player or this coach is the greatest!!...This guy sucks and should transfer to an NAIA school, good riddance!...I know more about basketball strategy than this coach! He's a worthless sack of #$##!!!". God, makes me glad every day that my daughter is an adult now, and that I can at least block some of the more annoying posters here.

Reactions: Thcgh
WTF pays attention to Seth Davis?

Why not? People follow Trilly and other BS artists to seek out "inside info". Hell, my son played with Leal and Hickman, and still texts with Connor, and knows nothing. So when I hear "inside info", I know it is most likely BS. We will find out when we find out.

Reactions: asindc and ulrey
Why not? People follow Trilly and other BS artists to seek out "inside info". Hell, my son played with Leal and Hickman, and still texts with Connor, and knows nothing. So when I hear "inside info", I know it is most likely BS. We will find out when we find out.
Trilly is better and that’s not saying much. Although Trilly has been on fire during the transfer portal and coaching searches. Davis? When has he been correct.

Trilly is better and that’s not saying much. Although Trilly has been on fire during the transfer portal and coaching searches. Davis? When has he been correct.

Don't know. Don't care. Makes for interesting discussion whether he's wrong or right. If anyone believes anything on X, or any site, then caveat emptor. BTW - my son says Connor is an IU lean. Lol.

Don't know. Don't care. Makes for interesting discussion whether he's wrong or right. If anyone believes anything on X, or any site, then caveat emptor. BTW - my son says Connor is an IU lean. Lol.
or Michigan.

Well, a lot of coaching college ball now is free agency with a good number of 5th year guys who are 22-23. College basketball is more like the NBA than it’s ever been. It’s essentially a hybrid of both games in terms of recruiting. UConn reloaded via the portal with experiencesd players.

Well, a lot of coaching college ball now is free agency with a good number of 5th year guys who are 22-23. College basketball is more like the NBA than it’s ever been. It’s essentially a hybrid of both games in terms of recruiting. UConn reloaded via the portal with experiencesd players.

UConn only added Spencer. Castle was a frosh. The rest were from the prior team.

Reactions: ulrey
UConn reloaded with the portal?

Reactions: ribbont

Could not be said better, thread should have closed after this. Why would Stevens want to go back into college coaching in a totally new atmosphere with transfers and NIL when he can spend other peoples money in one of the most powerful positions in the NBA that he's already been incredibly successful with?

Now this tweet doesn't specify coaching. Woodson rolls over on another season Dolson departs with him. Brad decides to come back and exec the flagship university in his home state as AD 👀

You mean choosing between dealing with a fickle fan base vs losing a postseason series to the Heat for a second year? I don't know. That's a tough one.
Not sure the Heat have the juice this season. I don't think Emo Jimmy & the cast of misfits can will themselves there this time. The Celtics should have an easy time to the Finals but the West is so deep that whoever it's against will be a bout.

Last edited:
Doubt he knows anything but take it FWIW.

Getting Hard GIF by Saturday Night Live

Emma De Caunes Surprise GIF by CANAL+

comedy central GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show

I didn’t realize Newton was a transfer..
That 22 class for UConn with Spencer added in 23 was the key to this year. Add in castle and bam….they lost 4 of the top 5 minutes played from that 23 team.

Could not be said better, thread should have closed after this. Why would Stevens want to go back into college coaching in a totally new atmosphere with transfers and NIL when he can spend other peoples money in one of the most powerful positions in the NBA that he's already been incredibly successful with?

Now this tweet doesn't specify coaching. Woodson rolls over on another season Dolson departs with him. Brad decides to come back and exec the flagship university in his home state as AD 👀

Not sure the Heat have the juice this season. I don't think Emo Jimmy & the cast of misfits can will themselves there this time. The Celtics should have an easy time to the Finals but the West is so deep that whoever it's against will be a bout.
Maybe so on the Heat, but then I'm sure a lot of people said similar things last year, and the other Finals appearance a few years prior. I don't particularly like them, but I've grown to respect them, and would never count them out in a battle of wills. Something I can't say about Brown and Tatum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT