ADVERTISEMENT

Second game this season...

Outside of Romeo and Juan, this team is bad. Guys like McRoberts, Fitzner and Green should never see the floor. I watched Smith tonight as he through the ball right to an NE player, the player took off down the floor full speed and Justin just jogged back.

They really didn't seem very prepared tonight, I like CAM but these slow starts reflect on him. Look for an embarrassing loss to Purdue on Saturday, this team looks done.

Prepared??? They just flat out showed no toughness and no heart. What do you need to prepare to do that? Freaking weak-minded team.

Reactions: BigMobe
This is the first truly disappointing loss for me in the Archie era.

Even with injuries, no excuse to play as lackluster as we did tonight. None. Make a bad play, hang your head. No intensity - on offense or defense. Nebraska ran what they wanted to at will against us and we offered little resistance. On offense our spacing was horrible, our movement away from the ball almost non-existent. We didn't show urgency at all.

I've been his biggest defender, but this one is on Archie. He's gets paid big bucks to have these guys ready. And they weren't. Inexcusable.

I agree.

I'm an Archie guy but there's no defending this turd.

I'm worried Tim frikken Miles figured us out for the whole world to see (it's pretty simple, hang back, bottle up Romeo and Juwan, make us shoot over them, wear out Romeo and Juliet as they try to drive on every possession).

We'll see where we go from here.

I'm worried Tim frikken Miles figured us out for the whole world to see (it's pretty simple, hang back, bottle up Romeo and Juwan,

He literally said something to that effect during the televised Nebraska huddle. Said Romeo or Juwan would try to take over and do too much. And he was right.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Of course, who else can step up and lead?
The guy who SHOULD be stepping up to lead is Morgan.

Not only did I not see him holding guys accountable, but he made several careless plays. He has to set the standard and be MUCH better than he was tonight.

He literally said something to that effect during the televised Nebraska huddle. Said Romeo or Juwan would try to take over and do too much. And he was right.

I've never seen anyone give Smith that much space on the perimeter, but it worked cuz Smith couldn't make them pay (and didn't have the confidence to).

He just dribbled into the guy that was sagging off of him and ended up just clogging the lane.

Miles knew who did what for sure.. and I give him a ton of credit for it. Romeo and Juwan we're exhausted at the end of the game from trying too hard to take on multiple defenders with the dribble.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
This is the first truly disappointing loss for me in the Archie era.

Even with injuries, no excuse to play as lackluster as we did tonight. None. Make a bad play, hang your head. No intensity - on offense or defense. Nebraska ran what they wanted to at will against us and we offered little resistance. On offense our spacing was horrible, our movement away from the ball almost non-existent. We didn't show urgency at all.

I've been his biggest defender, but this one is on Archie. He's gets paid big bucks to have these guys ready. And they weren't. Inexcusable.
i am fine with the spacing. i couldn't agree more about weaksice movement. i have never understood why the repetitive high ball screen requires the weakside to stand unmoving. do you understand how much easier it is to help down when the man you are guarding never moves? i could go on but the ice is melting in my drink

Not a trolling attempt, just an observation. Looked to me like it was effort and defense tonight (as well as some poor shooting). When the other team only get 6 foul shot attempts you are either playing amazing defense (which clearly wasn't the case) or you simply aren't playing with intensity. You can blame the players or the coach, lord knows we do, but that's what it looked like to me.

I've never seen anyone give Smith that much space on the perimeter, but it worked cuz Smith couldn't make them pay (and didn't have the confidence to).

He just dribbled into the guy that was sagging off of him and ended up just clogging the lane.

Miles knew who did what for sure.. and I give him a ton of credit for it. Romeo and Juwan we're exhausted at the end of the game from trying too hard to take on multiple defenders with the dribble.
Don’t take this wrong way. (Because I am a fan of another school) but the offense looked very stagnant tonight. I wach just about every B10 game and some others. But watching tonight it was clear the only play they had was RL try to find a seam and drive, if he could find Morgan fine. NE figured that out and shut it down. Not sure if that is coaching or a total lack of talent other than the two mentioned.

Reactions: TommyCracker
That was one of the most disgraceful and embarrassing performances I can remember in a long time as an IU fan. Archie is our coach for the foreseeable future and I will back him but I still think it was a mistake not hiring Marshall or Bennett. Archie was not even in my top 4 candidate during the search but I will try to stay positive and back this team.
bennett turned down the job

Not a trolling attempt, just an observation. Looked to me like it was effort and defense tonight (as well as some poor shooting). When the other team only get 6 foul shot attempts you are either playing amazing defense (which clearly wasn't the case) or you simply aren't playing with intensity. You can blame the players or the coach, lord knows we do, but that's what it looked like to me.
Lot of truth there - and the former IMHO led to a lack of the latter.

Don’t take this wrong way. (Because I am a fan of another school) but the offense looked very stagnant tonight. I wach just about every B10 game and some others. But watching tonight it was clear the only play they had was RL try to find a seam and drive, if he could find Morgan fine. NE figured that out and shut it down. Not sure if that is coaching or a total lack of talent other than the two mentioned.

A combination of both. We need more talent, but Archie didn't get the best out of what he's got tonight.

Yeah I think you are spot on. That's what I saw too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT