ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller

I’ll respond to you since you are civil. As for TMP, he or she can continue making IU fans look as most Purdue fans see them.

Sure I’d love a National Championship. That said, I was an IU fan during Knight’s titles. I remember watching the games in the tournament and was happy they won. Then I went to do my undergrad at Purdue and my loyalty has been with them for sports ever since.

I really don’t get all the hostility here. If IU is such the bigger brother, there would be no need to worry so much and respond so immaturely to Purdue fans.
Yeah, well, here is a copy of one of your posts from yesterday:

"One reason is that Archie was also an assistant at Arizona with Book Richardson, the guy facing possible prison time for this scandal. Did he have any idea what was going on all those 11 years under Sean Miller, who knows. If you were his parent and it meant he might be going to a coach that could be under investigation once these coaches start flipping on their colleagues to shorten their prison sentences, would you send your son to play for him?"

Your post suggests all this crap as plausible truth and now you whine about the predictable reaction you instigated. Your Post 77 whines falsely about what you call "all the hostility here" when your post from yesterday that I copied shows you brought the hostility with you.

"One reason is that Archie was also an assistant at Arizona with Book Richardson, the guy facing possible prison time for this scandal. Did he have any idea what was going on all those 11 years under Sean Miller, who knows. If you were his parent and it meant he might be going to a coach that could be under investigation once these coaches start flipping on their colleagues to shorten their prison sentences, would you send your son to play for him?"

Your post suggests all this crap as plausible truth and now you whine about the predictable reaction you instigated. Your Post 77 whines falsely about what you call "all the hostility here" when your post from yesterday that I copied shows you brought the hostility with you.

I’ve seen plenty of IU fans across different threads concerned about exactly what I wrote - I just wrote it first. There’s a difference between this and acting like a child.

I’ve seen plenty of IU fans across different threads concerned about exactly what I wrote - I just wrote it first. There’s a difference between this and acting like a child.
Now you're just not being forthright.

Your other posts state you are a Purdue fan and your profile says you've posted 44 posts under the "punaj" username. This is easy to look up.

So, Mr. Hypersensitive, why exactly did you create a new username this week and post your crap on the IU site instead of the Purdue site?

There is really nothing we can say to you that you did not intentionally seek with your previous posts.

Reactions: IUgradman
Now you're just not being forthright.

Your other posts state you are a Purdue fan and your profile says you've posted 44 posts under the "punaj" username. This is easy to look up.

So, Mr. Hypersensitive, why exactly did you create a new username this week and post your crap on the IU site instead of the Purdue site?

There is really nothing we can say to you that you did not intentionally seek with your previous posts.

Not really sure what you are talking about. I am a Purdue fan. Growing up in Indiana I used to be an IU fan before I went to Purdue.

Rivals sites start post counts from zero on each team site you post on. On GBI I have close to 2000 posts back to 2005 or so.

PUke fans are so desperate they are trolling us over the POSSIBILITY IU MIGHT have committed violations, lack of evidence be damned.

If any Iu fan posted 10% of what these Purdue clowns post here, they would be banned day one.

Reactions: IUgradman
IU vs a pathetic school.

Men's Basketball Rivalry
Indiana
Purdue
Series wins 89 117
NCAA Championships 5 0
NCAA Tournament Appearances 39 29
Big Ten Championships 22 23
Big Ten Tourney Championships 0 1
All-Americans 42 46
Consensus 1st Team All-Americans 15 25
Naismith Player of the Year 2 1
Big Ten Player of the Year 6 3

You just know this guy has this stuff ready to go every time someone makes fun of him for being a Purdue fan.....

Here are a few other #s.....IU 7 Naismith HoFers, Purdue 4
IU 11 1st team con. AAs since 1940, Purdue 8

Wisconsin has as many 1st team con. AAs as Duke.
Penn has more than UCLA....Columbia has 3 less than UCLA.

If we were all Chinese you guys would get more respect. They care a lot more about ancient history in China than in the U.S.

If that's all you've got, you need to give up.

Again, one of us is on the other team's message board looking desperately for validation and grasping at anything to make his school look superior. The other guy (who happens to be me, for you PUkes too slow to process this) is on his school's website keeping up with what is happening with the program and college basketball in general.

What does it take for you to feel better about the mediocre athletic program of your beloved institution ? Hanging out here makes you desperate and pathetic

If that's all you've got, you need to give up.

Again, one of us is on the other team's message board looking desperately for validation and grasping at anything to make his school look superior. The other guy (who happens to be me, for you PUkes too slow to process this) is on his school's website keeping up with what is happening with the program and college basketball in general.

What does it take for you to feel better about the mediocre athletic program of your beloved institution ? Hanging out here makes you desperate and pathetic
What were you saying about Purdue being superior to IU?

Purdue had a lot of their success before 1950
2 of Iu's banners are 1940 and 1953. Not exactly recent. Were you alive for any of the 5? I mean the last one was 30 years ago. Yes, far better than Purdue. But recent times they are really no better. Yes, a FF in 2002. Nothing better than Sweet 16 since, just like Purdue. I think Archie is a good hire. I just wouldn't anoint him the king of college ball just yet. IU has the brand and the state media so he should do well.

What were you saying about Purdue being superior to IU?
Happy for you. Purdue is a great academic institution. Matter of fact, every one of the B1G schools is a great academic institution with world-recognized programs.

That doesn't make your athletic program top 5, which is the whole focus of this message board. It does make your obsession with IU a little creepier, though. Why can't you just find some security and serenity, little bro ? Trolling other schools' athletic sites, looking for a little validation in the hope of finding something comforting in the possibility of their failure is small. And pathetic. And describes you perfectly.

Have a great day. Bask in that top 5 academic glory and chill. I know you don't play tomorrow but maybe IU will lose and you will have that to make your life worth living.

But recent times they are really no better. Yes, a FF in 2002. Nothing better than Sweet 16 since, just like Purdue. .

And yet, everybody still considers us a blue blood.

Archie was offered every job in the country the past few years. He wouldn't even take their phone calls.

Until we called.

You really think he would have even considered the Moo U job if we were "really no better"?

LOL!!

2 of Iu's banners are 1940 and 1953. Not exactly recent. Were you alive for any of the 5? I mean the last one was 30 years ago. Yes, far better than Purdue. But recent times they are really no better. Yes, a FF in 2002. Nothing better than Sweet 16 since, just like Purdue. I think Archie is a good hire. I just wouldn't anoint him the king of college ball just yet. IU has the brand and the state media so he should do well.

I'll just leave this here... where is PU on that list?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/pictures/hfjj45ehmk/college-basketballs-mos/amp/

Last edited:
Fortunately both alumni bases can brag about world class academic institutions. The state of Indiana is blessed to have so many strong schools. IU and PU compliment one another quite well, BSU has moved up nicely, ND is solid, then there are a number of small private schools that are outstanding...DePauw, Butler and others.

Archie was offered every job in the country the past few years. He wouldn't even take their phone calls.

Until we called.

You really think he would have even considered the Moo U job if we were "really no better"?

LOL!!
I don't know what moo u is. Sorry. I do know that since 2003 IU has gotten no farther than Purdue in the Big Dance.

Until we called.

LOL!!
If it's as great a job as you say, how come you got stuck with Mike Davis, Kelvin Sampson, and Clappy?

I have been alive for 3 of the titles. Were you alive the last time PU was in the final four. One of the reasons who don't have the media is that you earn it with winning.

Happy for you. Purdue is a great academic institution. Matter of fact, every one of the B1G schools is a great academic institution with world-recognized programs.

That doesn't make your athletic program top 5, which is the whole focus of this message board. It does make your obsession with IU a little creepier, though. Why can't you just find some security and serenity, little bro ? Trolling other schools' athletic sites, looking for a little validation in the hope of finding something comforting in the possibility of their failure is small. And pathetic. And describes you perfectly.

Have a great day. Bask in that top 5 academic glory and chill. I know you don't play tomorrow but maybe IU will lose and you will have that to make your life worth living.

My son is an engineer and went to Purdue. PU has a great engineering school, and the engineers run the place. The engineers don't mix much with the rest of the crowd.

The campus is very big, and is essentially one huge rectangle. It is very boring unless you are a huge fan of flat areas and red bricks.

There is not much intellectual/art/music life in and around campus. There is no area in the same league as Kirkwood just off campus. There are no great college bars/hang-outs. WL sucks.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
So quit whining like one .. you came here to troll, then whine like a lil' b' when others pull your pigtails.

Grow a pair.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT