ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Dolson Signed a Three Year Contract in May 2024

Tammany Hall

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2010
Interesting IU didn't announce this. That's weak. It took a records request to get the info. See link below.

IndyStar Article

When this contract was signed in May there were obviously no actual improved results (as in wins) in the two major sports. However, it appears the Cig hire, NIL boost that helped our '24 Bball class and hopefully future classes, and general fundraising results were enough. I can only guess.

This contract is an ~80% raise and brings Scott's comp more in line with similar schools in the B1G. That's not unreasonable.

Personally, I think Scott is okay and now a net positive. He came in with no experience outside of IU (imo an outside hire would have made more sense) and probably made some mistakes early. Aside from that he's done a good job setting up our very important NIL structure/collectives, FB is trending up and he likely deserves most of the credit there, and he has always been a good fundraiser. On the BBall side, it's so political I don't know what's going on, except that it's too political.

Just my opinion, others may see it differently and that's fine. Interesting piece of news though.

Reactions: kkott
He seems to have fixed football which alone warrants an extension. The Woodson hire was made by people above him.

Reactions: CG Paul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT