ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nov 2022 in PA be a referendum on the "Big Lie"?...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
One week until Primary day in PA, and the Dem nominees appear to be pretty set. Fetterman who was the Lt Governor during the 2022 election will be the Senate nominee, and Josh Shapiro who was Attorney General will be the nominee for Governor. Both were instrumental in defending election integrity and beating back the Trump claims of a "rigged election"...

The GOP is a totally different scenario with 9 candidates for the Gubernatorial nomination and 5 for the Senate seat...The front runner for Governor would appear to be the State Senator Doug Mastriano, who basically led the attempts by the GOP to overturn the 2020 election. So obviously a Shapiro/Mastriano battle for Governor is going to involve a re-litigation of the 2020 election, and that should prove interesting...

Now unlike other battleground states and races, this Governor's race is not getting a lot of outside attention. For some reason, Mastriano has sought to keep away from the press and restricted the press from covering some of his events. So when he held an event outside at a motel complex recently and banned CNN, they outfoxed him by renting a room as a guest and being able to provide coverage from that vantage point. The video is pretty interesting, depending on what side of various political divides you fall on...

Not sure why he did not want press coverage of those proceedings... However as we look at the Senate race (which is widely believed to be a 2 man slugfest between Oz and McCormick) it turns out that Mastriano may end up having a broader influence on that race than conventional wisdom would suggest. More on that later...

First off Oz's unbelievably (and unintentionally) ridiculous latest ad...Not sure how anyone could see this as anything short of pathetic...The comments are brutal, and the video has less than 500 likes from close to 300,000 views. Imagine if you tube still had the "dislike" option...

Then there's McCormick attacking Oz as a RINO, despite the endorsement of people like Trump, and Ted Nugent... What no Kid Rock? I've seen ads from McCormick hinting at Oz's Turkish background, trying to xenophobically paint him as an outsider, who voted in Turkish elections in 2018, but not in any US races. The reality is if OZ had voted in New Jersey in 2018 he'd have likely voted for Dem candidates- his MAGA conversion seems to have coincided with his decision to run for office. But I digress...

No doubt the "I love guns" ad is a sad attempt from Oz to counter McCormick's portraying him as an out of touch RINO who lives in New Jersey and has no relevance to PA culture. Might be even more convincing an argument for McCormick if McCormick hadn't quit his job as a hedge fund manager IN Connecticut and moved to PA to run for Senate there. Don't ever let facts spoil a narrative...So here are the two carpetbaggers having at it on stage together a couple of weeks ago...

The interesting thing is that at that point it appeared that a heavy underdog (like Bartos) might benefit and pick up the undecided vote. But while the prediction that a back in the pack candidate might catch fire and possibly benefit from the large undecided vote was on point, the pundits missed on which underdog candidate it was likely to be. It wasn't Bartos, but rather (if polling is accurate) it is the woman in the red dress next to McCormick in the debate video that seems to be gaining steam. She is Kathy Barnette, she describes herself as "ultra-MGA" and is allied with Mastriano, and just like him all tied in on the "Big Lie". I admit I thought this was a two something race, and it still might be. But this video from (Canadian) youtuber David Doel and the politico article he summarized was pretty eye opening. And after the Derby- who knows. Right?

Reactions: PhyloeBedoe
One week until Primary day in PA, and the Dem nominees appear to be pretty set. Fetterman who was the Lt Governor during the 2022 election will be the Senate nominee, and Josh Shapiro who was Attorney General will be the nominee for Governor. Both were instrumental in defending election integrity and beating back the Trump claims of a "rigged election"...

The GOP is a totally different scenario with 9 candidates for the Gubernatorial nomination and 5 for the Senate seat...The front runner for Governor would appear to be the State Senator Doug Mastriano, who basically led the attempts by the GOP to overturn the 2020 election. So obviously a Shapiro/Mastriano battle for Governor is going to involve a re-litigation of the 2020 election, and that should prove interesting...

Now unlike other battleground states and races, this Governor's race is not getting a lot of outside attention. For some reason, Mastriano has sought to keep away from the press and restricted the press from covering some of his events. So when he held an event outside at a motel complex recently and banned CNN, they outfoxed him by renting a room as a guest and being able to provide coverage from that vantage point. The video is pretty interesting, depending on what side of various political divides you fall on...

Not sure why he did not want press coverage of those proceedings... However as we look at the Senate race (which is widely believed to be a 2 man slugfest between Oz and McCormick) it turns out that Mastriano may end up having a broader influence on that race than conventional wisdom would suggest. More on that later...

First off Oz's unbelievably (and unintentionally) ridiculous latest ad...Not sure how anyone could see this as anything short of pathetic...The comments are brutal, and the video has less than 500 likes from close to 300,000 views. Imagine if you tube still had the "dislike" option...

Then there's McCormick attacking Oz as a RINO, despite the endorsement of people like Trump, and Ted Nugent... What no Kid Rock? I've seen ads from McCormick hinting at Oz's Turkish background, trying to xenophobically paint him as an outsider, who voted in Turkish elections in 2018, but not in any US races. The reality is if OZ had voted in New Jersey in 2018 he'd have likely voted for Dem candidates- his MAGA conversion seems to have coincided with his decision to run for office. But I digress...

No doubt the "I love guns" ad is a sad attempt from Oz to counter McCormick's portraying him as an out of touch RINO who lives in New Jersey and has no relevance to PA culture. Might be even more convincing an argument for McCormick if McCormick hadn't quit his job as a hedge fund manager IN Connecticut and moved to PA to run for Senate there. Don't ever let facts spoil a narrative...So here are the two carpetbaggers having at it on stage together a couple of weeks ago...

The interesting thing is that at that point it appeared that a heavy underdog (like Bartos) might benefit and pick up the undecided vote. But while the prediction that a back in the pack candidate might catch fire and possibly benefit from the large undecided vote was on point, the pundits missed on which underdog candidate it was likely to be. It wasn't Bartos, but rather (if polling is accurate) it is the woman in the red dress next to McCormick in the debate video that seems to be gaining steam. She is Kathy Barnette, she describes herself as "ultra-MGA" and is allied with Mastriano, and just like him all tied in on the "Big Lie". I admit I thought this was a two something race, and it still might be. But this video from (Canadian) youtuber David Doel and the politico article he summarized was pretty eye opening. And after the Derby- who knows. Right?

The only way Shapiro can win is if the GOP nominates Mastriano.
He’s a horrible candidate

The only way Shapiro can win is if the GOP nominates Mastriano.
He’s a horrible candidate
But they are going to nominate Mastriano. And since I originally posted this, Barnette is surging as well... I know you have mentioned liking McCormick previously, but the latest RCP polling average shows Barnette surging ahead of McCormick and Oz and Fox are in ultra panic mode.

They know she can't win the general (she lost the House race she ran in 2020 by 20 points) and that a win in PA goes a very long way to keeping the Senate Dem, since it would be a pickup of a current GOP seat...But apparently she has the backing of the ultra MAGA crowd (including Bannon), and it's hilarious to see a clown like Hannity attack her for doing some of the same things he himself did- like claim Obama was a Muslim...

The best thing (imho) is that the GOP will continue to nominate these wacky Q types in states where they can't win, like PA. These are the Mas-type candidates, who are just too extreme for normal folks to vote for and just like in 2010 and 2012 will end up costing the GOP control in years when they should win handily...

But they are going to nominate Mastriano. And since I originally posted this, Barnette is surging as well... I know you have mentioned liking McCormick previously, but the latest RCP polling average shows Barnette surging ahead of McCormick and Oz and Fox are in ultra panic mode.

They know she can't win the general (she lost the House race she ran in 2020 by 20 points) and that a win in PA goes a very long way to keeping the Senate Dem, since it would be a pickup of a current GOP seat...But apparently she has the backing of the ultra MAGA crowd (including Bannon), and it's hilarious to see a clown like Hannity attack her for doing some of the same things he himself did- like claim Obama was a Muslim...

The best thing (imho) is that the GOP will continue to nominate these wacky Q types in states where they can't win, like PA. These are the Mas-type candidates, who are just too extreme for normal folks to vote for and just like in 2010 and 2012 will end up costing the GOP control in years when they should win handily...
Polling is bad for Mastriano against Shapiro. This is before the Democrats unleash their op-research.

The people running Barrette’s campaign are a bunch of amateurs who have no idea what they are doing. The media will eat them alive

Reactions: cosmickid
Polling is bad for Mastriano against Shapiro. This is before the Democrats unleash their op-research.

The people running Barrette’s campaign are a bunch of amateurs who have no idea what they are doing. The media will eat them alive
It's amazing to me that people are ignoring this thread, and this race is rapidly shaping up as one of the most important races in the battle for the Senate. Two weeks ago this woman was polling in single digits, and now Fox and even Trump are launching into an all out assault against her because they know she is a catastrophe waiting to happen...

Here she is disavowing homophobic, islamophobic tweets (That's not me), which frankly will only make her more popular to a lot of GOP Primary voters...But I guess we're supposed to believe that someone else was managing or hacked her twitter/ facebook accounts when she was basically a private citizen and hadn't even decided to run for office?

It's hilarious seeing Hannity, Ingraham, Trump and others slam her for basically saying the type of things they've said for the past 5 years...

It's amazing to me that people are ignoring this thread, and this race is rapidly shaping up as one of the most important races in the battle for the Senate. Two weeks ago this woman was polling in single digits, and now Fox and even Trump are launching into an all out assault against her because they know she is a catastrophe waiting to happen...

Here she is disavowing homophobic, islamophobic tweets (That's not me), which frankly will only make her more popular to a lot of GOP Primary voters...But I guess we're supposed to believe that someone else was managing or hacked her twitter/ facebook accounts when she was basically a private citizen and hadn't even decided to run for office?

It's hilarious seeing Hannity, Ingraham, Trump and others slam her for basically saying the type of things they've said for the past 5 years...

She’s a lunatic. I’m surprised you are not attacking Fetterman as well.
He may get the endorsement of the KKK

Pins and needles...

Smerconish argues closed primaries suck and that Pennsylvania will probably pit a far left against an extreme right candidate.

Will Nov 2022 in PA be a referendum on the "Big Lie"?...​

November will be a kitchen table / pocket book election, everywhere.

Only a true zealot will think the sacrifices of scarcity, high prices, and stock market crash were worth it.
Brownouts this summer will cinch it.

Only a true zealot will believe that statist indoctrination is better for their children than STEM, job skills, and other life skills. Advanced math courses are key foundations for success in Freshman calculus.

Complaining about or defending the big lie is too insensitive to accept in the current economic circumstances — it’s a losing proposition. Only a true zealot will double-down on that political football.

How many true zealots does everyone know?

Last edited:
You can’t trust someone that wears a wig!
Or should wear one.

donald-trump_wind_hair.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT