ADVERTISEMENT

Tails of the Trinity Reformed Church in Bloomington

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
OK I know it should be tales, but I was trying to sort of be clever, because in some ways it seems we are dealing with human devils...

Not meant to insult anyone, and if you're offended then don't bother to read. May not have much relevance for folks outside of Bloomington anyway, but for locals it may provide a cautionary tale of things happening within the Bloomington Community that might need to be exposed.

A little background... It's that relatively new church down the street from Karst Park on Endicott Road... My understanding is that a wealthy woman bequeathed all of that land outside of the Karst entrance basically back to the stop light to the Church. So all of those 3 new houses on Endicott across from the park are owned by the Church

I know all of that because a friend of mine from the dog park lives in the neighborhood there by Grandview School. She says that the church is basically buying up all the houses in her neighborhood as well, and she likens it to something out of Stepford Wives. The women are forbidden to come out of the house when the husband isn't home and they all have multiple kids who of course attend the Church school, not Grandview. She tells us how the kids always play in the street, and when somebody pointed out to one of the fathers how dangerous those roads could be, he said it's ok, if something happens we'll just make a new one. She kind of thought he was joking...

Now none of that is why I'm sharing what was shared with me. My friend came upon a post from someone whose family had interaction with the Church, and this woman asked for people to share her story, so that's what I'm doing. I should note that my friend who lives in the neighborhood these folks are taking over has restricted the access to the page she posts on, out of concern over church members finding out who she is..

Now I'm sure that sounds melodramatic, but people who have had contact with these people are clearly worried. The issue I wanted to bring up is harassment of former members, which this lady discussed in her warning letter. This is the post that my friend (who doesn't actually know the woman) stumbled on to, and it further cemented the unease she has felt since the church members started to move into her neighborhood in large numbers. The church has been a previous topic of discussion from some of us, but we were all pretty shocked by this particular story.

This is what the woman wrote... I'll try to space it and make it more legible...

"Before I make this post I want to preface this by saying I am making it out of fear for our communities safety, and nothing more. This is not an attack on Christians either. I was raised in the church and love Christians as anyone else, but in my opinion these people are literally insane. My extended family attends this cult like organization and they are getting crazier and crazier.

Among many many counts of harassment and bullying towards both members and those in the community, they have now crossed a line within my own family. My cousin received a letter and a citation to appear at the church for "charges to be laid against her". Her only offense? Leaving the church body and coming out as transgender. That is it. She hasn't been a member of that church for almost a year and there has been nonstop harassment from members of the church and members on social media, through calls and texts, and now this.

Gwen was forced to block number after number because when she left so many people were harassing and insulting her. Below I have posted the letter and the citation to appear, as well as a screenshot of a post made by the head of the board on this church and an elder, saying it is better for one to die than to be transgender. This church is now openly and falsely embodying a judiciary court with zero legal standing. To me, this church has become dangerous. I know so many locals who know this church and the things that go on inside of it.

This church is not just conservative, they are extremists and extremists do dangerous things when they feel threatened. Please take the time to read this, read the letter, and share. Once again, this is not an attack on any religion because I truly believe this "church" is a false representation of the true love of Christ. I am truly concerned for the safety of this community while Trinity remains in operation."

The woman provided evidence demonstrating what she said, which I linked below. It's basically some conversations between various church elders on the topic of LGBTQ, (Elder Mullins reeks of compassion :() a copy of one of the letters this woman's cousin received, as well as a copy of the summons to appear before the "Church Court"..

I don't really know any other details, as far as whether law enforcement has been involved or anything along that line.

All I know is that the story was passed on to me by my friend, and the original woman who I don't know posted it in the hopes it would be shared. I found it interesting, so I shared it here for anyone that might find it interesting as well...

OK I know it should be tales, but I was trying to sort of be clever, because in some ways it seems we are dealing with human devils...

Not meant to insult anyone, and if you're offended then don't bother to read. May not have much relevance for folks outside of Bloomington anyway, but for locals it may provide a cautionary tale of things happening within the Bloomington Community that might need to be exposed.

A little background... It's that relatively new church down the street from Karst Park on Endicott Road... My understanding is that a wealthy woman bequeathed all of that land outside of the Karst entrance basically back to the stop light to the Church. So all of those 3 new houses on Endicott across from the park are owned by the Church

I know all of that because a friend of mine from the dog park lives in the neighborhood there by Grandview School. She says that the church is basically buying up all the houses in her neighborhood as well, and she likens it to something out of Stepford Wives. The women are forbidden to come out of the house when the husband isn't home and they all have multiple kids who of course attend the Church school, not Grandview. She tells us how the kids always play in the street, and when somebody pointed out to one of the fathers how dangerous those roads could be, he said it's ok, if something happens we'll just make a new one. She kind of thought he was joking...

Now none of that is why I'm sharing what was shared with me. My friend came upon a post from someone whose family had interaction with the Church, and this woman asked for people to share her story, so that's what I'm doing. I should note that my friend who lives in the neighborhood these folks are taking over has restricted the access to the page she posts on, out of concern over church members finding out who she is..

Now I'm sure that sounds melodramatic, but people who have had contact with these people are clearly worried. The issue I wanted to bring up is harassment of former members, which this lady discussed in her warning letter. This is the post that my friend (who doesn't actually know the woman) stumbled on to, and it further cemented the unease she has felt since the church members started to move into her neighborhood in large numbers. The church has been a previous topic of discussion from some of us, but we were all pretty shocked by this particular story.

This is what the woman wrote... I'll try to space it and make it more legible...

"Before I make this post I want to preface this by saying I am making it out of fear for our communities safety, and nothing more. This is not an attack on Christians either. I was raised in the church and love Christians as anyone else, but in my opinion these people are literally insane. My extended family attends this cult like organization and they are getting crazier and crazier.

Among many many counts of harassment and bullying towards both members and those in the community, they have now crossed a line within my own family. My cousin received a letter and a citation to appear at the church for "charges to be laid against her". Her only offense? Leaving the church body and coming out as transgender. That is it. She hasn't been a member of that church for almost a year and there has been nonstop harassment from members of the church and members on social media, through calls and texts, and now this.

Gwen was forced to block number after number because when she left so many people were harassing and insulting her. Below I have posted the letter and the citation to appear, as well as a screenshot of a post made by the head of the board on this church and an elder, saying it is better for one to die than to be transgender. This church is now openly and falsely embodying a judiciary court with zero legal standing. To me, this church has become dangerous. I know so many locals who know this church and the things that go on inside of it.

This church is not just conservative, they are extremists and extremists do dangerous things when they feel threatened. Please take the time to read this, read the letter, and share. Once again, this is not an attack on any religion because I truly believe this "church" is a false representation of the true love of Christ. I am truly concerned for the safety of this community while Trinity remains in operation."

The woman provided evidence demonstrating what she said, which I linked below. It's basically some conversations between various church elders on the topic of LGBTQ, (Elder Mullins reeks of compassion :() a copy of one of the letters this woman's cousin received, as well as a copy of the summons to appear before the "Church Court"..

I don't really know any other details, as far as whether law enforcement has been involved or anything along that line.

All I know is that the story was passed on to me by my friend, and the original woman who I don't know posted it in the hopes it would be shared. I found it interesting, so I shared it here for anyone that might find it interesting as well...

Kudos. Not a single Trump mention.

That’s a beginning . . .

A dog told you all of this? Impressive!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
When we left a church and did some church shopping, my wife wanted to try that church. We knew nothing of it. My wife and daughter left feeling spooked, for lack of a better word. They just felt that they weren't thought of as equal. I just knew it was not a church I wanted to go to.

In that church shopping, I was surprised by Sherwood Oaks. It is, for Bloomington, a mega church. That had me expecting a Joel Osteen get rich quick scheme. I was very pleasantly surprised, we attended there several times and strongly considered it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT