ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Dolson on Woodson

I'll be thrilled to be wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing this work out well.

Also seems clear that this was probably plan C/ D /E, as Woody would have taken the job an hour after Archie was fired.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
I'll be thrilled to be wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing this work out well.

Also seems clear that this was probably plan C/ D /E, as Woody would have taken the job an hour after Archie was fired.
Yeah, it’s pretty clear he wasn’t in the top 5. That doesn’t mean it won’t work out.

I’m curious as to what the dynamics actually were with Matta and how they came to this arrangement.

I love Mike but I must admit I am very skeptical as well. He seems to possess an extremely mild temperament. Perhaps that is good as John Wooden rarely displayed a temper. I also wonder what if any relationship he has with high school and AAU coaches. If this blows up our program could take decades to come back considering the current trajectory. Matta could be the savior depending on the level of authority and responsibility he is delegated. There can be no mistakes in the assistant coaching hires. This is a huge gamble for the new AD. Mike was a smart player though so let’s go coach you’ve got a job to do.

Reactions: IUgradman
I love Mike but I must admit I am very skeptical as well. He seems to possess an extremely mild temperament. Perhaps that is good as John Wooden rarely displayed a temper. I also wonder what if any relationship he has with high school and AAU coaches. If this blows up our program could take decades to come back considering the current trajectory. Matta could be the savior depending on the level of authority and responsibility he is delegated. There can be no mistakes in the assistant coaching hires. This is a huge gamble for the new AD. Mike was a smart player though so let’s go coach you’ve got a job to do.
Would your view change if you knew that many AAU coaches already know a lot about Woodson and like him.

Would your view change if you knew that many AAU coaches already know a lot about Woodson and like him.
He has been in the NBA for decades and probably not dealing with high school players and coaches too often. That is one reason why the assistant coaching hires will be so important. Obviously I do hope he has close ties to the high school talent however I doubt that is the case.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT