ADVERTISEMENT

Sarah Sanders tossed out of restaurant by enraged owner.... politely leaves

Nonsensical rationalization and cognitive dissonance

As is every post you have made in this thread. I can be uncivil because 45 started it. That is your and everybody else's defense of this.

He said mean stuff so everyone who supports anything he has done is fair game. And if you have a problem with kids being separated from their parents, put the blame where it belongs. First, with their parents. No matter the reasons they were coming here, the way in which they tried to get into this country is the number one reason they are not with their children. Secondly, blame a feckless legislative branch that is too eaten up by partisanship, cowardice, and graft to do their damn job. When the law creating branch is telling the executive branch that they can fix laws by executive order (looking at you Chuck Schumer), then why even have a legislative branch to begin with. Most of the issues in this country today can be traced to the fact that Congress is so dysfunctional that next to nothing gets passed out of it. Finally, blame former administrations (both D and R) for giving preferential treatment to illegals with families by releasing them into the general population and then failing to follow up when they (shockingly) broke the rules by not appearing at their hearings. S

The reason VPM says that you guys want open borders is because of catch and release. You don't want them held. You don't want enforcement of our current laws. You don't want them quickly sent back. You want to let basically any non criminal that shows up at our doorstep to walk on in. So while you may say, we don't want open borders, the actual actions say something else entirely.

There is one side in here that is rationalizing that law enforcement and mean words should be met with angry mobs at restaurants and gas stations and refusal of service and it sure as shit is not mine. Most of us were taught the sticks and stones thing when we were young, is that another thing that you all have "progressed" past?

As is every post you have made in this thread. I can be uncivil because 45 started it. That is your and everybody else's defense of this.

He said mean stuff so everyone who supports anything he has done is fair game. And if you have a problem with kids being separated from their parents, put the blame where it belongs. First, with their parents. No matter the reasons they were coming here, the way in which they tried to get into this country is the number one reason they are not with their children. Secondly, blame a feckless legislative branch that is too eaten up by partisanship, cowardice, and graft to do their damn job. When the law creating branch is telling the executive branch that they can fix laws by executive order (looking at you Chuck Schumer), then why even have a legislative branch to begin with. Most of the issues in this country today can be traced to the fact that Congress is so dysfunctional that next to nothing gets passed out of it. Finally, blame former administrations (both D and R) for giving preferential treatment to illegals with families by releasing them into the general population and then failing to follow up when they (shockingly) broke the rules by not appearing at their hearings. S

The reason VPM says that you guys want open borders is because of catch and release. You don't want them held. You don't want enforcement of our current laws. You don't want them quickly sent back. You want to let basically any non criminal that shows up at our doorstep to walk on in. So while you may say, we don't want open borders, the actual actions say something else entirely.

There is one side in here that is rationalizing that law enforcement and mean words should be met with angry mobs at restaurants and gas stations and refusal of service and it sure as shit is not mine. Most of us were taught the sticks and stones thing when we were young, is that another thing that you all have "progressed" past?
Lol. Angry mobs....a few people is an angry mob these days? Watch a Trump rally. Now that's an angry mob. Maybe they should actually hold press conferences where they can be asked questions about their inhumane policies? How long has it been since Trump has had one? Over a year. Local Republicans are often refusing to do so.
Yes, those horrible parents. The ones whose lives are so desperate and often marred by unimaginable violence. And yet you and other Christians such as Van have zero compassion or understanding of the lives they lead and the desperation that leads to these decisions. A woman recently told a story after 9/11 in NYC about passing her baby off to a stranger because she was unable to run and this woman ran by her. She was not sure if she'd see her child again, but she made a desperate decision in a desperate situation. I imagine you'd fault her too. So unable to put yourself into another person's situation....
As for borders, they put a bipartisan bill on Trump's desk months ago, including his stupid, ridiculous, only for mouth breathing morons wall . He said he would sign it. He then refused.

I’m not talking about immigration and I don’t know who you mean by “you guys.” My point is that you’re completely full of crap if you think there’s a meaningful difference between not serving the minister of misinformation for a guy who spews vitriolic insults abound and the guy himself acting the way he acts. Give me a break.

Maybe some reading comprehension is in line too, pal. I haven’t said a damned thing about immigration.

It's starting to look like Stephanie Wilkinson will probably have to close the "Red Hen" permanently. I think this is an overreach by Trump supporters to close down her business. I wonder if SHS is relishing what harm she is causing to Ms. Wilkinson and her employees by tweeting about it?

So can the grocery store deny Sarah from shopping there? You talk about inhumane policies and guess you are talking about the kids at the border. Were you aware that Obama separated families too? Did you have as much outrage when he did it far more than Trump has? Also the President signed an executive order to keep families together. Were you aware of this and have you thought about how no other President who could have done this did not do it?
As I posted earlier, it was not right to kick her out.
Having said that, I don't ever recall you being so upset about similar, or worse for that matter, things that happened to liberals or poor people.:(

Reactions: outside shooter
It's starting to look like Stephanie Wilkinson will probably have to close the "Red Hen" permanently. I think this is an overreach by Trump supporters to close down her business. I wonder if SHS is relishing what harm she is causing to Ms. Wilkinson and her employees by tweeting about it?
That was the risk she took when she took on the Stupids.

As I posted earlier, it was not right to kick her out.
Having said that, I don't ever recall you being so upset about similar, or worse for that matter, things that happened to liberals or poor people.:(
If you are referring to baking cakes and pizza parties for gay weddings, then I see this as a different issue. We are a nation of many religions. But we tolerate each other's differences of beliefs. We can't impose our differences. For instance I am a believer in the doctrine of once saved always save can't impose my belief on a church who believes one can lose their salvation after receiving it. We tolerate each other's differences. If a gay couple asks people to participate in a wedding ceremony that they believe is sinful it would be wrong to ask them to do so. Would they make cakes or have pizza parties for other situations with the same gay people? I believe they would. I do remember the owner of Memories Pizza saying they have served gay people in their restaurant with no problems. It's just they didn't want to participate in the gay wedding because of their religious beliefs.
Blacks in the Jim Crow days had the system of separate but equal thrust upon them. Why would they have to sit in the back of the bus? How come they didn't get the front end? Many times there was not equality. The blacks would have to put up with substandard venues of commerce etc. What the left is doing today is sending conservatives to the back of the bus. They are telling them that they can't do commerce in this establishment or that one. This is wrong and hateful as it was when blacks had to do the same thing. If I was a conservative black and got told that I could not eat somewhere as a Trump Conservative I would be pretty upset about it because we as a nation have come very far on the issue of race relations. There are no more Jim Crow laws. Yet the left is instituting them again for political purposes. Maxine Watters should be thrown out of office for calling upon people to do more of the same.

Bill, she didn't tweet about it first. Someone else did and then Sanders commented on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...and-would-do-it-again/?utm_term=.c6d6e3dd0a65

"She knew, she said, that her restaurant and its half-dozen servers and cooks had managed to stay in business for 10 years by keeping politics off the menu."

Great job!

She knew that she could call 911 to keep those evil darkies out of her pool,and when the police arrived and didn't take HER side- she threw one against a wall and bit another

http://abc11.com/report-sc-woman-hit-black-teen-told-him-he-didnt-belong-at-pool/3662114/

So Goat says all you do is spout talking points, and in your attempt to prove that you don't, you vomit out the 3 biggest talking points on immigration out there.

I don't care what you say, Goat...this guy is not for real. He is an SNL parody of a dumbass, ignorant, right wing nut.
Aren't you just spouting off the Democrat line? Aren't we talking about political philosophy here? I am a true conservative. Therefore I see the right way for government to function from a conservative perspective. The rule of Law is very important to me. If we are not a nation of laws then what are we? I believe the government should function more as the founder's vision for this country. We have lost our way because of three presidents, Wilson,Roosevelt, and Johnson. If those are talking points then at least they come from a philosophy. Where do you get your Big government, intrusive government ideas from?

Indeed. They want the restaurant to be a safe space. Snowflakes melt down in the mere presence of someone with whom they disagree.

Yep- she wanted her pool to be a safe place, and thought she could count on the Cops to enforce HER rules.Even threatened the teenager hat she was going to call 911. And since that wasn't enough, she physically assaulted him...

Talk about "snowflakes" melting down... When the cops arrived and told her she couldn't hit the kid because that was, you know assault,
she decided that none of these folks agreed with her and they were all WRONG. So she decided to throw 1 cop into a wall, and bite another... How long before Trump tweets about this brazen attack on civil liberties and law enforcement?

http://abc11.com/report-sc-woman-hit-black-teen-told-him-he-didnt-belong-at-pool/3662114/

How long before all the folks who posted with such righteous indignation about the shameful way SHS was treated, respond similarly with a myriad of posts decrying the blatant racism and shameful conduct this woman displayed?

Aren't you just spouting off the Democrat line? Aren't we talking about political philosophy here? I am a true conservative. Therefore I see the right way for government to function from a conservative perspective. The rule of Law is very important to me. If we are not a nation of laws then what are we? I believe the government should function more as the founder's vision for this country. We have lost our way because of three presidents, Wilson,Roosevelt, and Johnson. If those are talking points then at least they come from a philosophy. Where do you get your Big government, intrusive government ideas from?

Hey Van- Time for you to display some moral outrage...

@Marvin the Martian How does one be civil with those who seek to harm and destroy them and their families? I'm waiting for Republicans to start demanding that homeowners be civil when burglars break into their homes with the intent to rape and murder.
I see here and on another thread you’ve already slid down that slippery slope and think all Republicans deserve to be treated like crap - or worse.

Yep- she wanted her pool to be a safe place, and thought she could count on the Cops to enforce HER rules.Even threatened the teenager hat she was going to call 911. And since that wasn't enough, she physically assaulted him...

Talk about "snowflakes" melting down... When the cops arrived and told her she couldn't hit the kid because that was, you know assault,
she decided that none of these folks agreed with her and they were all WRONG. So she decided to throw 1 cop into a wall, and bite another... How long before Trump tweets about this brazen attack on civil liberties and law enforcement?

How long before all the folks who posted with such righteous indignation about the shameful way SHS was treated, respond similarly with a myriad of posts decrying the blatant racism and shameful conduct this woman displayed?
Who do you think is going to defend her?

I see here and on another thread you’ve already slid down that slippery slope and think all Republicans deserve to be treated like crap - or worse.

You've completely missed my point. First, I said that I would have served SHS. The point is: How on Earth can republican officials who treat other Americans not just uncivilly, but violently, expect to be treated civility? That's beyond hypocrisy.

Reactions: meridian
Blacks in the Jim Crow days had the system of separate but equal thrust upon them. Why would they have to sit in the back of the bus? How come they didn't get the front end? Many times there was not equality. The blacks would have to put up with substandard venues of commerce etc. What the left is doing today is sending conservatives to the back of the bus. They are telling them that they can't do commerce in this establishment or that one. This is wrong and hateful as it was when blacks had to do the same thing. If I was a conservative black and got told that I could not eat somewhere as a Trump Conservative I would be pretty upset about it because we as a nation have come very far on the issue of race relations. There are no more Jim Crow laws. Yet the left is instituting them again for political purposes. Maxine Watters should be thrown out of office for calling upon people to do more of the same.

Now let me get this straight...SHS getting asked politely and privately to leave an eating establishment is the moral equivalent of the humiliation and degradation of African Americans during Jim Crow. Is that what you are saying? Really?

giphy.gif

Reactions: cosmickid

No offense but did you study US History at Trump U? It's like you don't know that what you're trying to portray as "the founders vision" is just ONE SIDE in a contentious series of arguments, debates and compromises.

The "founding fathers" were as divided as this board when it came to the ideals and beliefs they subscribed to. Do some actual research- like the many books,dissertations and entire curriculums that have been spawned over the study of this question for the past 300+ yrs. You don't get to conflate the "conservative view" with "the founder's vision" as if they are one and the same. I mean you do realize that descendants of the "Founding Fathers' were to some extent the driving force on both sides of the Civil War, Right?

You've completely missed my point. First, I said that I would have served SHS. The point is: How on Earth can republican officials who treat other Americans not just uncivilly, but violently, expect to be treated civility? That's beyond hypocrisy.
So you’re good with OTHER people treating all Republicans like crap?

So you’re good with OTHER people treating all Republicans like crap?

Not all Republicans. Only those in positions of power behaving barbarously. The restaurant owner had a constitutional right to ask SHS to leave her facility. I'm surprised that as a supporter of the American constitution, you aren't effusive in your support of the restaurant owner's constitutional right. ;)

No offense but did you study US History at Trump U? It's like you don't know that what you're trying to portray as "the founders vision" is just ONE SIDE in a contentious series of arguments, debates and compromises.

The "founding fathers" were as divided as this board when it came to the ideals and beliefs they subscribed to. Do some actual research- like the many books,dissertations and entire curriculums that have been spawned over the study of this question for the past 300+ yrs. You don't get to conflate the "conservative view" with "the founder's vision" as if they are one and the same. I mean you do realize that descendants of the "Founding Fathers' were to some extent the driving force on both sides of the Civil War, Right?
This is an important point. The people who drafted, debated, and ratified the Constitution disagreed vigorously about what it meant right from the very start, and their disagreements were very like our own. This is among the first things you learn if you actually study constitutional history.

The fact that this man is preaching to a flock is frightening beyond words.

Yes, it is frightening and I would love to be a fly on the wall at a Sunday morning service in that house of (Trump/God.....same thing) worship. I have to wonder if there are any Dems within that congregation? And, I would be curious to learn how many members have a sudden urge to escape to the rest room during the "passing of the plate" ritual. Better yet, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they "make change" from said "plate."

Reactions: toastedbread
If you are referring to baking cakes and pizza parties for gay weddings, then I see this as a different issue. We are a nation of many religions. But we tolerate each other's differences of beliefs. We can't impose our differences. For instance I am a believer in the doctrine of once saved always save can't impose my belief on a church who believes one can lose their salvation after receiving it. We tolerate each other's differences. If a gay couple asks people to participate in a wedding ceremony that they believe is sinful it would be wrong to ask them to do so. Would they make cakes or have pizza parties for other situations with the same gay people? I believe they would. I do remember the owner of Memories Pizza saying they have served gay people in their restaurant with no problems. It's just they didn't want to participate in the gay wedding because of their religious beliefs.
I sometimes feel our pastor took a time machine from the medieval ages. Sigh!:(

Not all Republicans. Only those in positions of power behaving barbarously. The restaurant owner had a constitutional right to ask SHS to leave her facility. I'm surprised that as a supporter of the American constitution, you aren't effusive in your support of the restaurant owner's constitutional right. ;)

I don't think anyone here has suggested that the owner was not within her rights to eject the lovely Ms Sanders. One can be booted from most anywhere without cause. I myself was booted from The Red Garter once, along with my mates, for reasons still unclear to me. Though in fairness, most of the evening was unclear to me.

I don't think anyone here has suggested that the owner was not within her rights to eject the lovely Ms Sanders. One can be booted from most anywhere without cause. I myself was booted from The Red Garter once, along with my mates, for reasons still unclear to me. Though in fairness, most of the evening was unclear to me.
If you are going to get kicked out of a place what could be better than the Red Garter. Congratulations!

I wonder how you reconcile your political beliefs with your Christianity. Because nothing, absolutely nothing you say follows any of what I've been taught in the Bible or by any of my pastors. It sure appears to me that your political thoughts overrule any Christian thoughts of charity you might have. Maybe you should just go into politics. In the world of Trump, it's obvious anything is possible.

Reactions: sluggo69
Huh? Like we have never had this behavior ever in our history, right? Trump encouraged Dylann Roof right? Crowd sourced politics is a fact of life. You brag about being a willing and eager part of it so you know this better than me. None of this has anything to do with Trump. It has to do with virtue signaling, political preening, tweets, and an unmistakable decline in mutual respect. This has invaded everything from the theater to sports to late night TV to dining establishments. It is ruining things we used to enjoy. The left wing are the radicals amongst us, always have been and always will be. They have discovered how to bring confrontation, provocative conduct, and disrespect to every aspect of life. If anything, Trump and his vocal supporters are the result of radicalism, not the cause of it.

Third world politics. Wear your pink hat and enjoy.
CoHoosier, It is silly and unsupportable to say "The left wing are the radicals amongst us, always have been and always will be. They have discovered how to bring confrontation, provocative conduct, and disrespect to every aspect of life." Do I really need to post historical accounts of Banistre Tarketon to show how far back rightwing radicals go?

You look crazy by posting that. Can't you think of something more reasonable to get your point across?

I wonder how you reconcile your political beliefs with your Christianity. Because nothing, absolutely nothing you say follows any of what I've been taught in the Bible or by any of my pastors. It sure appears to me that your political thoughts overrule any Christian thoughts of charity you might have. Maybe you should just go into politics. In the world of Trump, it's obvious anything is possible.
Let me ask you this. If Trump gets his Supreme Court nominee on the Court will the new member be able to get his robe dry cleaned or will he be refused service?
Now to your points. What is so unchristian about conservative principles? You speak of charity. I believe in charity. I give to charity. Taxation is not charity. It is the forced confiscation of private property ie your paycheck.

Thank you but it would be nice if SHS worked to defuse the issue but it's doubtful the boss would allow it.
Maybe the owner of the restaurant should apologize for treating Sanders they she was treated. Did you know that the story is out there this owner followed Sanders and harassed her at the restaurant she went to after being kicked out? I'm sure the story is on the net, but I don't have a link at this time.

My posts in this thread have all been directed at the Red Hen owners. I have not defended Sanders other than to simply point out she was a polite customer. Your calliing Sanders inhuman and she therefore deserves whatever she gets from anybody is simply a morally weak and unimpressive way of saying you have nothing to say I never thought of you as an easily triggered snowflake, but that is what you are.
Sanders picked the restaurant she walked into and then (quite unnecessarily) went out of her way to identify it publicly (in a Twitter post) after she left.

Any doubts that she was trying to harm the restaurant? Any doubt she was trying to use her public position to exact revenge on her terms? Hmmm. Maybe she was using her position to provide free advertising for a small business.

You, of course, are free to say whatever you want about the restaurant, but it isn't exactly correct to say the entire scope of Sanders' behavior was polite and admirable. No liberals made her do what she did.

Van, there is no point have any discussion with you. People can tell you the same thing 100 times and it refuses to break through from wherever you got your talking points. You claim to not watch Fox, yet you parrot every single one of their lies. President Obama did not separate families. The children they had came over by themselves. This is a new policy that Sessions announced. Of course I'm aware that after much outrage and pressure Trump signed an EO for 20 days. Are you aware that it is still going on? Are you aware that a judge ruled his policy is illegal? Are you aware we were condemned by the UN? Does that make you proud to be an American? I really don't care what happens to Sanders, Trump, Sessions, Mitch, and several others in the administration who constantly lie to us and propel these inhumane policies. They get harassed for being horrible humans. I'm a little more concerned with the more and more people gettingvandalized and verbally abused for the color of their skin, because Trump has made it cool to do that. Have you seen the video someone posted of an elderly woman in the face of a Hispanic man doing his job? I read today of two more stories, one starting a business in Indy that has been vandalized with threats and another electrician who had a noose hanging and the N word written. This is now an every day occurance in Trumpland. This is what he meant by Making America Great Again. . Taking it back to a point in time where only white people were comfortable living in America. So I'm much, much more concerned about that than some millionaires getting uncomfortable questions or being asked to leave a restaurant and getting their feelings hurt. As a Christian, I'd think that would be your concern too.

perhaps i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that either the Obama administration or someone's earlier, made it illegal to hold children in detention with adults, regardless of whether they came with their parents, with adult "guardians", or alone.

if i'm incorrect on this, please set me straight.

Adam Gopnik:

On the issue of Sanders being expelled from a restaurant, mixed emotions are the only ones a rational person can have. On the one hand, one of the ritual functions of restaurants is to make a common place for commonplace civilization to proceed. They build social capital from their openness to all kinds. Think of how much the civilization of American cities depends on our being able to grab not just bite but a bit of anonymity—we eat alongside others without the others looking down too sharply upon us. It’s a fundamental liberal value, worth protecting in all partisan instances and on all partisan sides. And, no, we don’t want to set a precedent in which politics are so personalized that even simple common coexistence becomes impossible. As a moral duty, we should share the pleasures and conversation of the table with as many people of as many views as we can—and, even when we can’t, we shouldn’t grumble too nastily under our breath at our kids when someone at a nearby table takes up the case for the Donald. (A self-directed moral rule, this.)

On the other hand, the Trump Administration is not a normal Presidential Administration. This is the essential and easily fudged fact of our historical moment. The Trump Administration is—in ways that are specific to incipient tyrannies—all about an assault on civility. To the degree that Trump has any ideology at all, it’s a hatred of civility—a belief that the normal decencies painfully evolved over centuries are signs of weakness which occlude the natural order of domination and submission. It’s why Trump admires dictators. Theirs are his values; that’s his feast. And, to end the normal discourse of democracy, the Trump Administration must make lies respectable—lying not tactically but all the time about everything, in a way that does not just degrade but destroys exactly the common table of democratic debate.

That’s Sarah Huckabee Sanders’s chosen role in life—to further those lies, treat lies as truth, and make lies acceptable. This is not just a question of protesting a particular policy; in the end there are no policies, only the infantile impulses of a man veering from one urge to another. The great threat to American democracy isn’t “policy” but the pretense of normalcy. That’s the danger, for with the lies come the appeasement of tyranny, the admiration of tyranny, and, as now seems increasingly likely, the secret alliance with tyranny. That’s what makes the Trump Administration intolerable, and, inasmuch as it is intolerable, public shaming and shunning of those who take part in it seems just. Never before in American politics has there been so plausible a reason for exclusion from the common meal as the act of working for Donald Trump.​
Look, man, this narrative you reproduced misses an important point as well.

It apparently asserts that both sides' conduct in the restaurant was "polite," but that inherently ignores the fact that Sarah Huckabee Sanders impolitely embarrassed herself by her post about it afterward (and her father further made it worse by his even later post).

The word would have gotten out with no action by Sanders whatsoever! Sanders' revenge post reveals her dark heart.

We've all been wronged in life. Only people like Sarah/Mike Huckabee Sanders try to exact revenge by targeting the class of average Joes that Trump claims he represents.

Where's the Trumpist leadership? We already found the Trumpist pettiness.

Reactions: Bill4411
Let me ask you this. If Trump gets his Supreme Court nominee on the Court will the new member be able to get his robe dry cleaned or will he be refused service?
Now to your points. What is so unchristian about conservative principles? You speak of charity. I believe in charity. I give to charity. Taxation is not charity. It is the forced confiscation of private property ie your paycheck.
Nothing is unChristian about conservative principles. We've had this discussion a million times. What's un Christian is supporting a vile, corrupt, inept, racist, bully, sexually abusing man like Donald Trump, even when he is splitting up families, attacking our allies, supporting our enemies, colluding and obstructing.
Doubtful a new Supreme Court Justice will get up and lie to the American people every day.

Maybe the owner of the restaurant should apologize for treating Sanders they she was treated. Did you know that the story is out there this owner followed Sanders and harassed her at the restaurant she went to after being kicked out? I'm sure the story is on the net, but I don't have a link at this time.
Maybe Sanders should apologize to the American public for lying to them every day?

Sanders picked the restaurant she walked into and then (quite unnecessarily) went out of her way to identify it publicly (in a Twitter post) after she left.

Any doubts that she was trying to harm the restaurant? Any doubt she was trying to use her public position to exact revenge on her terms? Hmmm. Maybe she was using her position to provide free advertising for a small business.

You, of course, are free to say whatever you want about the restaurant, but it isn't exactly correct to say the entire scope of Sanders' behavior was polite and admirable. No liberals made her do what she did.
Or then Trump go after them on Twitter like he did and like he does anyone and everyone that he disagrees with. But civility.

the high road would have been to just leave, killing them with politeness as she did, and let others present inform the twitter world of her being kicked out.

that she didn't take that route, doesn't make the one who kicked her out less out of line.

that said, if the lady who kicked her out claimed she did so because even one single policy Sanders publicly defended, were contrary to the restaurant owners religious beliefs, would that change anyone's thoughts on the subject.

i take issue with outlawing being a jerk. too many unintended consequences and unforeseen ramifications.

and one person's "jerk", is another's principled citizen.

plenty of restaurants and bakeries owned by non jerks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT