ADVERTISEMENT

Sarah Sanders tossed out of restaurant by enraged owner.... politely leaves

Let me ask you this. If Trump gets his Supreme Court nominee on the Court will the new member be able to get his robe dry cleaned or will he be refused service?
Now to your points. What is so unchristian about conservative principles? You speak of charity. I believe in charity. I give to charity. Taxation is not charity. It is the forced confiscation of private property ie your paycheck.
Depends.

What color will the robe be, and will it have any insignia?

perhaps i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that either the Obama administration or someone's earlier, made it illegal to hold children in detention with adults, regardless of whether they came with their parents, with adult "guardians", or alone.

if i'm incorrect on this, please set me straight.
Not that I'm aware of. Sounds like a Fox News alert....but Obama....

the high road would have been to just leave, killing them with politeness as she did, and let others present inform the twitter world of her being kicked out.

that she didn't take that route, doesn't make the one who kicked her out less out of line.

that said, if the lady who kicked her out claimed she did so because even one single policy Sanders publicly defended, were contrary to the restaurant owners religious beliefs, would that change anyone's thoughts on the subject.
You just agreed with me. She did not take the high road. No leadership ( no matter how many neckties and business suits they wear).

You're not Cohoosier anyway. Quit confusing the thread by trying to save him.

Or then Trump go after them on Twitter like he did and like he does anyone and everyone that he disagrees with. But civility.
Oh my God. We first have to convince CoHoosier that Sweet Sarah Sanders was vindictive in her calling down the Twitter option on that poor one-room restaurant, and that she wasn't really a poor, polite, public servant. Trump tweets are so silly that I don't even propose to waste my time debunking them.

But Sweet Sarah has already changed her smoky eye makeup after criticism. There might be hope for her and her brain.

Look, man, this narrative you reproduced misses an important point as well.

It apparently asserts that both sides' conduct in the restaurant was "polite," but that inherently ignores the fact that Sarah Huckabee Sanders impolitely embarrassed herself by her post about it afterward (and her father further made it worse by his even later post).

The word would have gotten out with no action by Sanders whatsoever! Sanders' revenge post reveals her dark heart.

We've all been wronged in life. Only people like Sarah/Mike Huckabee Sanders try to exact revenge by targeting the class of average Joes that Trump claims he represents.

Where's the Trumpist leadership? We already found the Trumpist pettiness.
You'll get no disagreement on that from me.

No offense but did you study US History at Trump U? It's like you don't know that what you're trying to portray as "the founders vision" is just ONE SIDE in a contentious series of arguments, debates and compromises.

The "founding fathers" were as divided as this board when it came to the ideals and beliefs they subscribed to. Do some actual research- like the many books,dissertations and entire curriculums that have been spawned over the study of this question for the past 300+ yrs. You don't get to conflate the "conservative view" with "the founder's vision" as if they are one and the same. I mean you do realize that descendants of the "Founding Fathers' were to some extent the driving force on both sides of the Civil War, Right?
Excellent post. But still...

*curricula

Reactions: cosmickid
No offense but did you study US History at Trump U? It's like you don't know that what you're trying to portray as "the founders vision" is just ONE SIDE in a contentious series of arguments, debates and compromises.

The "founding fathers" were as divided as this board when it came to the ideals and beliefs they subscribed to. Do some actual research- like the many books,dissertations and entire curriculums that have been spawned over the study of this question for the past 300+ yrs. You don't get to conflate the "conservative view" with "the founder's vision" as if they are one and the same. I mean you do realize that descendants of the "Founding Fathers' were to some extent the driving force on both sides of the Civil War, Right?

Goat is right this is good. Imagine if the Founders silenced the other side because they didn’t like what they were saying.....we wouldn’t be where we are today. With great power comes responsibility.

You just agreed with me. She did not take the high road. No leadership ( no matter how many neckties and business suits they wear).

You're not Cohoosier anyway. Quit confusing the thread by trying to save him.

no idea what you're talking about. i just entered this discussion.

and the "high road" has almost infinite levels.

leaving without a fuss, (if she so did), then tweeting about it, wouldn't put her on the lower levels, but left plenty of room to move up.

isn't it a political axiom to let others do your dirty work for you.

while not the highest or lowest roads she could have taken, imo it was more politically bad form.

her expulsion would have gotten out regardless, and she could have stayed totally clean.

that said, we have become an almost oppressive and unbending tattle tale community.

no better example than permit Patty.

i know not her motivation for calling or pretending to call authorities on the girl selling water, but that stuff happens every day, (i had a kool aid stand shut down as a kid in the family friendly late 50s), and rather than racist or anti kids, she could just be anal regarding health and legal matters, and had she not been white and the girl black, no one would have said boo about it.

instead she got crucified unmercifully, and far beyond the scope of any sin she may had committed.

even if there was no racial motivation, forces were going to make sure it came off as if it were all about race and prejudice anyway.

mob mentality is not only alive and well, but actively being pushed on every front these days.

Not all Republicans. Only those in positions of power behaving barbarously. The restaurant owner had a constitutional right to ask SHS to leave her facility. I'm surprised that as a supporter of the American constitution, you aren't effusive in your support of the restaurant owner's constitutional right. ;)
You’ve said even good people in the Trump Administration, like Mattis and Haley are despicable, or words to that effect. Your bar for Republicans deserving being treated like crap is about ankle high.

I never said the restaurant owner couldn’t ask SHS to leave, by the way.

You’ve said even good people in the Trump Administration, like Mattis and Haley are despicable, or words to that effect. Your bar for Republicans deserving being treated like crap is about ankle high.

Haley is despicable. If you don't care about children in Yemen or Gaza, that's your moral question. She doesn't give a crap about the innocent kids dying, starving there.

divide and conquer.

Haley is despicable. If you don't care about children in Yemen or Gaza, that's your moral question. She doesn't give a crap about the innocent kids dying, starving there.
What is she suppose to do about children in Yemen? Pressure on SA? Okay let’s say she does that then what? Everything in this world is not our fault or responsibility to fix. Your anger should be directed at the corrupt government in Yemen that is self serving. You know this.

Fyi,

I've repeatedly and effusively praised Jeff Flake on this very forum. I have no idea what James Mattis's political affiliation is. He could be a democrat for all I know. The Republican brand is fully tainted at the moment and the few decent republicans are fleeing in droves. That's apparent. It's also neither here nor there. I judge each person as an individual based on their own actions and not their affiliation with a political party. (though that's becoming more and more difficult by the day)

What is she suppose to do about children in Yemen? Pressure on SA? Okay let’s say she does that then what? Everything in this world is not our fault or responsibility to fix. Your anger should be directed at the corrupt government in Yemen that is self serving. You know this.

um which government? You and I both know that when the Iranians meddle somewhere, she is the first to spew verbally. Or god forbid, an israeli child was killed. When our own "ally" is attacking schools, hospitals, and water supplies, she is silent. That's despicable. And yes, I would advocate for the US to take a much more active role in discouraging the Saudis and Emirates from taking any further steps in Yemen. What is happening there is absolutely despicable to the very heart of the word. It's the most serious tragedy on Earth at this moment and it is receiving no coverage. It's a genocide in every sense of the word.

Why should the life of a Yemeni child be worth less than the life of a child born in Manhattan? We did not choose to be born in the US and they did not choose to be born in Yemen. You should remember that every day. We are very very lucky. Pure luck.

um which government? You and I both know that when the Iranians meddle somewhere, she is the first to spew verbally. Or god forbid, an israeli child was killed. When our own "ally" is attacking schools, hospitals, and water supplies, she is silent. That's despicable. And yes, I would advocate for the US to take a much more active role in discouraging the Saudis and Emirates from taking any further steps in Yemen. What is happening there is absolutely despicable to the very heart of the word. It's the most serious tragedy on Earth at this moment and it is receiving no coverage. It's a genocide in every sense of the word.

Why should the life of a Yemeni child be worth less than the life of a child born in Manhattan? We did not choose to be born in the US and they did not choose to be born in Yemen. You should remember that every day. We are very very lucky. Pure luck.

Who started the fight? I don’t know but I ask

Who started the fight? I don’t know but I ask

Why does that even matter? There are kids dying right now and Nikki Haley is doing nothing to prevent it. The administration as a whole is encouraging the Saudis and Emirates. That is despicable. How would you feel if your kid was starving? Or what if this was your child? You and @Aloha Hoosier need to put yourselves in this dad's shoes: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8cdb572bc76_story.html?utm_term=.d51a971e290f

Why does that even matter? There are kids dying right now and Nikki Haley is doing nothing to prevent it. The administration as a whole is encouraging the Saudis and Emirates. That is despicable. How would you feel if your kid was starving? Or what if this was your child? You and @Aloha Hoosier need to put yourselves in this dad's shoes: https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8cdb572bc76_story.html?utm_term=.d51a971e290f
It goes to who is responsible.... if we stopped in Germany before Hitler who started the war, was deposed, would it not have mattered?

Niki Haley is doing her job, and doing it honorably.

And by the way, dying children is NOT something that is lost on me in particularly
What does that have to do with the children I have highlighted. Are the children responsible?

Job is being done.... the leaders of those countries, region, and RELIGION is to blame and be held responsible. When they have enough they will find a way to stop. Until then I support keeping the fight there and not here. I have spent more time than I care to remember on burial detail ...... it isn’t lost on me at all.

no idea what you're talking about. i just entered this discussion.

and the "high road" has almost infinite levels.

leaving without a fuss, (if she so did), then tweeting about it, wouldn't put her on the lower levels, but left plenty of room to move up.

isn't it a political axiom to let others do your dirty work for you.

while not the highest or lowest roads she could have taken, imo it was more politically bad form.

her expulsion would have gotten out regardless, and she could have stayed totally clean.

that said, we have become an almost oppressive and unbending tattle tale community.

no better example than permit Patty.

i know not her motivation for calling or pretending to call authorities on the girl selling water, but that stuff happens every day, (i had a kool aid stand shut down as a kid in the family friendly late 50s), and rather than racist or anti kids, she could just be anal regarding health and legal matters, and had she not been white and the girl black, no one would have said boo about it.

instead she got crucified unmercifully, and far beyond the scope of any sin she may had committed.

even if there was no racial motivation, forces were going to make sure it came off as if it were all about race and prejudice anyway.

mob mentality is not only alive and well, but actively being pushed on every front these days.
You know exactly what I am talking about. You agreed with me. I didn't mumble and you didn't deny.

Peppermint Patty is irrelevant to Sweet Sarah/Mike Huckabee Sanders. Nice/typical try at deflection but a total failure. Please address the issues.

You know exactly what I am talking about. You agreed with me. I didn't mumble and you didn't deny.

Peppermint Patty is irrelevant to Sweet Sarah/Mike Huckabee Sanders. Nice/typical try at deflection but a total failure. Please address the issues.

seek help dude.

i have no idea what you're talking about, and i'm not sure you do either at this point..

Reactions: meridian
seek help dude.

i have no idea what you're talking about, and i'm not sure you do either at this point..
This doesn't work. Admitting you don't understand something/anything disproves your repeated claims to explain everything to the rest of us. If you don't understand simple concepts, well, you don't understand the hard stuff either. Go back to shooting pool or playing euchre.

This doesn't work. Admitting you don't understand something/anything disproves your repeated claims to explain everything to the rest of us. If you don't understand simple concepts, well, you don't understand the hard stuff either. Go back to shooting pool or playing euchre.

Yo, dude, euchre isn't for the faint of heart!

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT