ADVERTISEMENT

Sarah Sanders tossed out of restaurant by enraged owner.... politely leaves

You would have thought the Red Hen was being asked to bake a wedding cake for Sarah or something similarly offensive.

The owner and the employees deserve to be called snowflakes.

Indeed. They want the restaurant to be a safe space. Snowflakes melt down in the mere presence of someone with whom they disagree.
Similar to Trump’s melt downs when he disagrees with the press? Or when a company, politician, celebrity, organization (you name it) disagrees and/or criticises him, then he immediately turns to Twitter to name call and belittle them?

Yeah, we know who the biggest snowflake is!

Reactions: IUPaterade724
I'm not going to stress even a bit over poor Ms. Sanders. But I am struck by people's responses, particularly in the comments sections of various articles. It seems to me that no one on either side of this ever widening aisle cares a whit for consistency of thought or ideas. Whatever produces a result you like...that's cool.

What a field day for the heat.
A thousand people in the street.
Singing songs and carrying signs.
Mostly say "Hooray for Our Side."

Similar to Trump’s melt downs when he disagrees with the press? Or when a company, politician, celebrity, organization (you name it) disagrees and/or criticises him, then he immediately turns to Twitter to name call and belittle them?

Lol. You don’t know what a snowflake is.

Reactions: Lucy01
I'm not going to stress even a bit over poor Ms. Sanders.

We should all stress about that restaurant owner’s behavior. It signals deep divisions that leads to nothing good for our social structure.

If your reference about inconsistentancy is about Cakeshop, you need to read and understand that opinion and don’t rely on what the left wing press says about it. You seem to make the same error zeke made.

We should all stress about that restaurant owner’s behavior. It signals deep divisions that leads to nothing good for our social structure.

983d29d78dd9478920554ef28aa609e3-600-0-0206_DividerChief_foreign_tstmp_1486335232.jpg

Bingo.

Reactions: outside shooter

Trump definitely has his issues - and inability to handle criticism is one of many. Is there some reason you think I’m a Trump fan?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing

If your reference about inconsistentancy is about Cakeshop, you need to read and understand that opinion and don’t rely on what the left wing press says about it. You seem to make the same error zeke made.

My comment wasn't specifically related to the cake issue, nor any legal opinions or rulings. It was merely a comment on selective outrage in that certain actions are deemed outrageous by different groups of people based on whose ox is getting gored.

Reactions: Bill4411

That's fine for this board, which is likely above average in both intelligence and legal acumen. But the problem with such controversial (and narrowly focused) SCOTUS decisions is that people on both sides of the aisle now feel entitled to reject "customers' based on their own personal beliefs/biases.

You can't apply selective outrage and expect people to take you seriously. The same folks complaining about the owner at The Red Hen not wanting to serve Sanders as a matter of conscience, had no problem earlier when some slackjaw cafe owner in BF Tennessee defiantly posted a "No Gays Allowed" sign on his building the day after the SCOTUS ruling was announced. I actually referenced that story in a thread somewhere...

Reactions: MrBing and Bill4411
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...and-would-do-it-again/?utm_term=.c6d6e3dd0a65

"She knew, she said, that her restaurant and its half-dozen servers and cooks had managed to stay in business for 10 years by keeping politics off the menu."

Great job!
So you can refuse service because of political grounds, but you can't refuse to bake a cake over religious grounds? It's funny how some people have selective views that are not consistent. Did the owner kick out Obama's people because children were separated from their parents during his administration? In context as an example the people who own Memories Pizza in Indiana would gladly serve gays who came into their restaurant, but they couldn't in good conscience participate in a gay wedding. In the above story Sarah was kicked out because she is conservative. Is this the same thing? Was the owner correct in kicking out a conservative? What did Sarah ask the owner to do that was against his conscience,except being alive?

Reactions: Sassy61 and Lucy01
In the above story Sarah was kicked out because she is conservative. Is this the same thing? Was the owner correct in kicking out a conservative?
No, she was kicked out for being a inveterate liar, servile enabler to Trump, and all round despicable person. Any political convictions she might have were long ago subsumed to her fealty to The Donald.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
Maybe. Maybe they should be heralded for refusing to serve the modern American equivalent of Baghdad Bob.
We have people in this country, and even on this forum, that think those in the opposite party evil liars that are endangering our county’s future. Are we really going to go to “NO DEMOCRATS (or REPUBLICANS) ALLOWED” policies for our places of business?

Reactions: Sassy61 and Cajun54
So you can refuse service because of political grounds, but you can't refuse to bake a cake over religious grounds? It's funny how some people have selective views that are not consistent. Did the owner kick out Obama's people because children were separated from their parents during his administration? In context as an example the people who own Memories Pizza in Indiana would gladly serve gays who came into their restaurant, but they couldn't in good conscience participate in a gay wedding. In the above story Sarah was kicked out because she is conservative. Is this the same thing? Was the owner correct in kicking out a conservative? What did Sarah ask the owner to do that was against his conscience,except being alive?

Is it ALWAYS R vs D for you?

What the administration has done was inhuman. A severe human rights violation.

Then, after they did it, they lied about why they did it- and what forced them to do it. Sanders was a large part of that part of the story.

That being said, they should’ve served Sanders. I’d bet the patrons of the restaurant would’ve given her all she can handle, without the restaurant being involved. It’s gotta be hard for folks inthat administration to go out to eat- what they did was NOT what this country stands for, or ever should stand for.

Reactions: cosmickid
Is it ALWAYS R vs D for you?

What the administration has done was inhuman. A severe human rights violation.

Then, after they did it, they lied about why they did it- and what forced them to do it. Sanders was a large part of that part of the story.

That being said, they should’ve served Sanders. I’d bet the patrons of the restaurant would’ve given her all she can handle, without the restaurant being involved. It’s gotta be hard for folks inthat administration to go out to eat- what they did was NOT what this country stands for, or ever should stand for.
I am glad Trump stood up to the illegals, You don’t want your kids and you to be separated, Don’t cross into my country illegally!

Reactions: Sassy61
I agree with the cons on this. Politics should not enter in deciding who is allowed and who is not in a public restaurants. That is what the liberals have been bitching about for decades, if not centuries. Now, the table is turned, rare it may be, they are defending the restaurant. That is not right.

I agree with the cons on this. Politics should not enter in deciding who is allowed and who is not in a public restaurants. That is what the liberals have been bitching about for decades, if not centuries. Now, the table is turned, rare it may be, they are defending the restaurant. That is not right.
Surprising.

Reactions: Lucy01
Indeed. They want the restaurant to be a safe space. Snowflakes melt down in the mere presence of someone with whom they disagree.
I'm not going to stress even a bit over poor Ms. Sanders. But I am struck by people's responses, particularly in the comments sections of various articles. It seems to me that no one on either side of this ever widening aisle cares a whit for consistency of thought or ideas. Whatever produces a result you like...that's cool.

What a field day for the heat.
A thousand people in the street.
Singing songs and carrying signs.
Mostly say "Hooray for Our Side."

Maybe its because we have a president who doesnt give two shits what he says, how he comes across, who he denigrates, and the deviciveness all his tweeting has caused. There are zero reprecussions for his actions so maybe, just maybe, our society is taking notice of this and have the opinion that its ok to be abosulutely awful to people they dont agree with.

Surprising.
Why does it surprise you? Have I said anything wrong or anything earth-shaking? I only said commons sense. I have been against discrimination by the conservatives all my life. Naturally, I am against the other way around. Makes perfect sense to me; it should not even be a topic to discuss.:rolleyes:

That being said, they should’ve served Sanders. I’d bet the patrons of the restaurant would’ve given her all she can handle, without the restaurant being involved.
I'm going to guess that's why the staff called the owner in the first place. They weren't sure how to handle the situation if the patrons caused a ruckus.

Why does it surprise you? Have I said anything wrong or anything earth-shaking? I only said commons sense. I have been against discrimination by the conservatives all my life. Naturally, I am against the other way around. Makes perfect sense to me; it should not even be a topic to discuss.:rolleyes:
Mostly because liberals are consistent in supporting intolerance towards conservatives. ;)

Supreme Court ruled they had the right to do that. So sorry, Sarah!

You’re intellectually dishonest and a hypocrite. Perfect example of the waste of time to try and have a discussion with people like you.

I'm going to guess that's why the staff called the owner in the first place. They weren't sure how to handle the situation if the patrons caused a ruckus.
Did you read in an article that the other patrons were on the verge of causing a ruckus? I've read one article on this and there was no mention of any reaction by patrons, only by employees. What kind of people cause ruckuses over stuff like this anyway? Most people in restaurants don't even interact with people at other tables. Michelle Pfeiffer was sitting at the table next to ours in a Hawaii restaurant and no one in the restaurant bothered her. I realize she's not disliked so thoroughly by many people, but she was left alone like polite people tend to leave people alone. In the case of SHS, most people wouldn't even recognize her.

Supreme Court ruled they had the right to do that. So sorry, Sarah!

You’re intellectually dishonest and a hypocrite. Perfect example of the waste of time to try and have a discussion with people like you.
Did you have something to say about the situation? It appears you just got into the thread to insult a couple posters, but I’m the one that is a hypocrite? Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT