ADVERTISEMENT

Same old Hoosiers.

That is "same old fan" c'mon!

Cobbs pass (though may be overturned) could be a game changer. Got to have a little more patience, game is far from over, keep pulling for them!

Let's all go slit our wrists because the football team can't beat Ohio State, Penn State, or Michigan, three of the top programs in the history of college football.

Let's all go slit our wrists because the football team can't beat Ohio State, Penn State, or Michigan, three of the top programs in the history of college football.
That's my point, this is not Sister Mary of the Blind school, we are not favored, and it's the SECOND QUARTER.

Jesus people, stay with it. Had we not got rooked, we had a pick there.

They should just give up on having a good football program. It's never going to happen.
IU has a very good team, and is competing with one of the best teams in the country. The defense is very good, a big change from any IU team in recent memory. The offense has moved the ball. The Hoosiers need a turnover or special teams play to flip the field.

They should just give up on having a good football program. It's never going to happen.
13-10...what a blowout at start of 3rd quarter.

Seriously, why do you watch the games or come on this board? IU may not win but why talk like this?

Actually, if these truly are "The Same, Old Hoosiers" then they are currently very close to their once-in-a-generation magical season, to wit:
1945: Undefeated, ranked Number Four in the country and Big Ten Champions;
1967, 9-2, Rose Bowl participants; ranked Number Four in the country;
1979, 8-4 record, ranked No. 19 in the country, won the Holiday Bowl;
1987, 8-4 record, beat Michigan and Ohio State in the same season, ranked No 11 in the polls.
It's time for one of THOSE seasons, again. It just won't be this season, that's all.

Reactions: IUPaterade724
If I was Michigan I would not throw the ball. I would just try to wear down the Indiana defense with their rushing attack. Hoosiers had 22 yards rushing in the first half and got 45 yards on their first possession of the second half

I agree that could be effective, especially if IU Offense can't get something going. That said, IU is playing gritty still!

No one in Bloomington cares about football and no one ever will. The only thing that will ever change that is winning the B1G or making a BCS game. Nothing else is good enough. Until then football is simply a distraction and an excuse for the undergrads to get hammered until basketball season starts. That's just the reality.

No one in Bloomington cares about football and no one ever will. The only thing that will ever change that is winning the B1G or making a BCS game. Nothing else is good enough. Until then football is simply a distraction and an excuse for the undergrads to get hammered until basketball season starts. That's just the reality.

Maybe it was just the TV, but it looked like a lot of people in Bloomington cared today.

Both games against P5 teams at home so far have sold out.

Oh boy..fans getting delusional again about our basketball team. Oh joy. We'll lose to Wisconsin again for like the 50th straight time. Maybe accept an NIT game at Georgia Tech. Get bounced in the first game of the BTT.
IU has never won the conference tournament. Pitiful.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Oh boy..fans getting delusional again about our basketball team. Oh joy. We'll lose to Wisconsin again for like the 50th straight time. Maybe accept an NIT game at Georgia Tech. Get bounced in the first game of the BTT.

Just about 5 years ago we were #1 in the nation for most of the season. We also have 2 B1G titles in that period. Get back to me when the football team does that. We also haven't had a decent coach in 20 years. Archie is going to change that.

Just about 5 years ago we were #1 in the nation for most of the season. We also have 2 B1G titles in that period. Get back to me when the football team does that. We also haven't had a decent coach in 20 years. Archie is going to change that.

I'm all for Archie but those that think IU basketball is better than Wisconsin or MSU in this conference over the past 25 years, you are living in denial.

Get back to me when IU actually does something nationally again in Basketball in, oh say, the next 50 years. Oh, and Wisconsin owns IU like a rented mule in basketball.

Reactions: IUgradman
Why do you football only fans try so hard to put down the basketball program. Both teams have Indiana on the front of the jerseys so you should back all IU teams.

Crean isn't the coach anymore. I am hopeful things will be different now.

Why do you football only fans try so hard to put down the basketball program. Both teams have Indiana on the front of the jerseys so you should back all IU teams.

I agree with the sentiment Scott, but the other side of the coin is why do these basketball fans always revel in saying things like, "is it time for basketball season yet?" at the first sign of any adversity during the football season, year after year. It perpetuates indifference and a losing mentality.

Crean isn't the coach anymore. I am hopeful things will be different now.
Even with how bad Crean was he still won 2 conference championships and made 3 sweet 16's. What the football program has done the last 2 years is like making the CBI. Why not back both programs rather than trying to put one down to try to make the other one look better.

I agree with the sentiment Scott, but the other side of the coin is why do these basketball fans always revel in saying things like, "is it time for basketball season yet?" at the first sign of any adversity during the football season, year after year. It perpetuates indifference and a losing mentality.
That guy is a troll and not a real IU fan

If we lose to an unranked team then I will worry. No shame in losing to three of the top programs in the country.

Even with how bad Crean was he still won 2 conference championships and made 3 sweet 16's. What the football program has done the last 2 years is like making the CBI. Why not back both programs rather than trying to put one down to try to make the other one look better.

IU fans and admin should have taken a page out of schools like Wisconsin and MSU and learned how to go "all in" on both sports during their respective seasons. I could see if IU was like a Duke or UNC that the scale might tilt heavily toward bball but we've literally done zippo on the national scene for 25 years on the hardwood. Need to catch that magic they did.....and don't shift gears in the fall.

Our football program has been abysmal for decades and we've finally got some focus there. Our basketball team gets a lot of attention but is a shell of its former self. Need both programs really solid.

I love IU basketball and football. Why can't we be good in both? Like MSU?

It's tough to claw your way up from where we were. The football program was left to flop around like a fish out of water for decades. We have to recruit our way out of this which is tough to do with our history and location. We are moving the right direction, but slowly.

Same ole entitled "fan" attitude. Expect perfection against teams that have funneled money into their programs for decades, programs with rabid fanbases that show up EVERY week and demand to have a winning product. Unlike our pseudo fans that point and laugh and say "see I told you so."

IU and the administration have been listening to Fred Glass and are seeing the importance of facilities and a culture that breeds longevity. If you can't tell IU football is doing everything it can to bring our football program out of the depths of THE WORST PROGRAM IN THE HISTORY OF DIV 1 football there is no hope for you. And the "you" I'm referring to here isn't directly towards yourself, just the casual fan that wants everything now now now.

Get use to the East division and having Michigan, Penn State, and OSU (who get the best recruits in the country thanks to their rabid fans and money funneled into the program) repeatedly beating us until something on the ground level changes in our fans.

Yes this is a basketball state but I know we can have a special football program as well. Today hurt, and it will hurt for a while. I can't say I've felt this way towards IU football in the past. I have a new passion for the program and feel we are in good hands with Fred Glass and Tom Allen.

We had 30 recruits there who I bet come away today seeing IU is on the brink and maybe even feel "I can help push us over the top" and also like Allen's intensity and the campus, etc.

I bet many share Coach Allen's view: don't pity us, watch us win and let's expect nothing less than we can compete with and beat anyone in the B10.

IU will learn from this loss, like they have to the other top ranked teams they've lost to and no reason knocking off MSU shouldn't be on the table for next week!

Gotta admit: I'm a Hoosier. If it's got "Indiana" on the front, I'm backin' it. Heck, I'd back an IU Tiddly Winks team -- if they had one.
And, for the most part, it's fun being a Hoosier fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT