ADVERTISEMENT

Russia offered Taliban bounties for dead US troops in Afghanistan

So Trump knew since 2019? What a complete disgrace. He is a traitor.

Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.

The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.

The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials.

So Trump knew since 2019? What a complete disgrace. He is a traitor.

Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.

The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.

The White House did not respond to questions about Trump or other officials’ awareness of Russia’s provocations in 2019. The White House has said Trump was not — and still has not been — briefed on the intelligence assessments because they have not been fully verified. However, it is rare for intelligence to be confirmed without a shadow of a doubt before it is presented to top officials.

Besides Trump, there needs to be serious inquiries into anyone in the admin or Congress who knew about this and took no action.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Toast? I doubt it.

Only enemies of the U.S. would drop a nonsensical post like this and then reach a ridiculous conclusion. I have to believe the people who “liked” the post are In fact Russian bots since anyone with two brains to tie together would not do so. If you are an IU grad it is pretty clear that was money wasted.

You underestimate how many of these folks are out there.

Reactions: Bill4411
That’s your conclusion? That the poster is an enemy of the US, as opposed to the Trump Traitor in the WH?
I get people don’t Trump but these anti Trump posts are an endless blather of fake news and fake claim talking points that have been debunked a hundred times over. At this point, any more talk about the Russian hoax is like tripling down on stupid. Bring some real facts instead of these crazy conspiracies and false accusations. If you remember, all these crazy fact-less accusations is what helped him get elected to begin with. I don’t hear anyone talking about what a great job sleepy creepy would do because any of us, who are honest, know that would be a disaster.

Only enemies of the U.S. would drop a nonsensical post like this and then reach a ridiculous conclusion. I have to believe the people who “liked” the post are In fact Russian bots since anyone with two brains to tie together would not do so. If you are an IU grad it is pretty clear that was money wasted.

LOL

I get people don’t Trump but these anti Trump posts are an endless blather of fake news and fake claim talking points that have been debunked a hundred times over. At this point, any more talk about the Russian hoax is like tripling down on stupid. Bring some real facts instead of these crazy conspiracies and false accusations. If you remember, all these crazy fact-less accusations is what helped him get elected to begin with. I don’t hear anyone talking about what a great job sleepy creepy would do because any of us, who are honest, know that would be a disaster.

Why are they fake? Reported by the AP and multiple sources.

I understand Trump doesn't read or listen to security briefings but why is this fake? I'll go ahead and say his press sec or anyone in his admin is not a reliable source.

And what is the basis of your argument? Again, Trump and anyone in his admin doesn't count. Why did he hold a briefing/meeting with Repubs only today regarding this situation? Doesn't he want the truth to be communicated by both sides?

The fact that we're having this conversation is disgraceful.

Lol!

I understand Trump doesn't read or listen to security briefings but why is this fake? I'll go ahead and say his press sec or anyone in his admin is not a reliable source.

And what is the basis of your argument? Again, Trump and anyone in his admin doesn't count. Why did he hold a briefing/meeting with Repubs only today regarding this situation? Doesn't he want the truth to be communicated by both sides?

It's sad to see what lengths people will go to defend this man. Open your eyes. We are talking about a president who has potentially endangered our troops due to incompetence or because he is too scared to push back against Putin. This shouldn't be taken lightly by anyone who cares about our country.

I’m sure you’re not much of a reader, but you might start with the Mueller Report.

When did you graduate from IU?

The final nail?

https://thehill.com/policy/national...calls-for-answers-on-russian-offered-bounties

This weekend started the rumblings in GOP operative circles that Trump may actually drop out from running for reelection. We will see.... but stars are aligning for a total bloodbath for Republicans this fall. Something this former Republican warned that would occur 4 years ago if Trump was elected. A blowback that would leave the govt in full Democratic control.

The disaster has already happened. It's called "Trump." As a result of this disgraceful development (i.e. Trump turning a blind eye to Russia money supporting attacks on U.S. soldiers), we're finally going to see some prominent Republicans currently in government break from Trump. He's done. Take it to the bank.

Reactions: DrHoops
Carl Bernstein, "Putin is like a grand master in chess and Trump was like a weekend checkers player".

Reactions: Bowlmania
Screenshot_20200630-160217%257E2.png

Instead, I made a more appropriate one for him:

kc2xc6j3_17xyre0_wa3su1.png

The Money Behind Trump’s Money : The inside story of the president and Deutsche Bank, his lender of last resort.

I would feel sorry for him if he wasn’t the worst person in the world.

My mum always says, we come into this world like a blank canvas. Its up to the parents to paint or shape you. Clearly Fred must have been a terrible father (based on his past history/world view.)
To be a man at 70+ years, so highly insecure and devoid of any signs of personal development ie his world view and value system that is solely based on monetary value is a failure of his parents.

My mum always says, we come into this world like a blank canvas. Its up to the parents to paint or shape you. Clearly Fred must have been a terrible father (based on his past history/world view.)
To be a man at 70+ years, so highly insecure and devoid of any signs of personal development ie his world view and value system that is solely based on monetary value is a failure of his parents.
Not for a second letting Fred (and his parenting influence) off the hook here, but narcissistic personality disorder likely has a genetic component.

Reactions: sglowrider
Who in the hell is going to vote for this guy? Aren't the trashy, confederate flag wearing folks pro-military?

The Double-Down Administration:

Pompeo doesn't rule out inviting Putin to expanded G7 summit
320e30397ec15802cdaf91494f7a64aa50eed9d3.webp

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday left the door open to President Vladimir Putin attending a US summit but insisted the administration has been firm over Moscow's activities in Afghanistan.

President Donald Trump "gets to decide if he wants him to come to a summit or not. That's his decision," Pompeo told reporters.

"I'll certainly leave that to him. But I do believe it is absolutely important that we have more frequent engagement with the Russians."

Trump, who has repeatedly reached out to Putin to build relations, mused last month about inviting him to an expanded summit of the Group of Seven industrial democracies -- which kicked out Russia over its takeover of Crimea.

Weeks later, Washington has been in uproar over reports, initially in The New York Times, that Russian intelligence offered bounties to Taliban-linked militants to target troops of the US-led coalition in Afghanistan.

Pompeo, while saying he would not discuss the intelligence, said the United States has long voiced concern to Russia.

"The Russians have been selling small arms and put Americans there at risk for 10 years, and we have objected to it," he said.

"When we see credible information that suggests that the Russians are putting American lives at risk, we're responding in a way that is serious," he said.

"Do we warn them, do we talk to them? I think the answer is, of course we do."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pompeo reminds me of the protagonist from the movie No Way Out.

A few years from now we will find out that Mike's name was actually Yuri Pompeoivch

Reactions: Bill4411
Disgusting people. All of them.

Never in my life would I trust John Bolton...but just watching the YouTube interviews are eye opening. Trump is completely incompetent in every way. Beyond that, he is a TERRIBLE person.

Bolton had a good point today. It is said that Intel never gave a verbal briefing. But they did brief the Brits. That would have presented a case where the PM could have mentioned it in a call and the President would have had no clue. If it was never presented, it was a mistake.

Bolton said someone should have presented the info so the President could prioritize his concern for getting to the truth.

And he said Vindman had been an excellent employee and deserves the promotion he is scheduled for.

I’m sure you’re not much of a reader, but you might start with the Mueller Report.
Muller report = $35 million waste of tax payer funds by people who could not accept losing power. Why would anyone waste time reading soiled Toilet Paper based on a faudulent FISA warrant and investigation. Don't worry - payback is around the corner with the Durham report. That one won't be based on made up shit in a Russian dossier.

Muller report = $35 million waste of tax payer funds by people who could not accept losing power. Why would anyone waste time reading soiled Toilet Paper based on a faudulent FISA warrant and investigation. Don't worry - payback is around the corner with the Durham report. That one won't be based on made up shit in a Russian dossier.

^^^triggered^^^

The disaster has already happened. It's called "Trump." As a result of this disgraceful development (i.e. Trump turning a blind eye to Russia money supporting attacks on U.S. soldiers), we're finally going to see some prominent Republicans currently in government break from Trump. He's done. Take it to the bank.
So you call record low unemployment, prison reform, and record support for HBCU a disaster? Biden has been in politics for 50 years. What has he accomplished?

First, the mainstream media including CNN, NYT, and MSNBC (to name a few) have been an endless blather of fake news and every time it originates from an "unnamed source". As long as it is negative to Trump they don't care and neither do you. It is ok to get a story wrong once in while but you can be that wrong consistently without a transparent negative bias. CNN would interview a chicken on air if it had something negative to say about the administration. Remember the negative reporting on Trump requesting a second scoop of ice cream...disgraceful.

Second, based on what have seen from our intelligence agencies after the Russia Collusion hoax, how could you possibly trust the first version of what they say? Not reacting to a briefing shows wisdom and restraint.

Third, why did he hold a briefing today only with Repubs? Clearly several members of congress have never recovered from his election win and are most consistent backstabbing liars any of us can remember. Do you remember when Trump was only in office for a few months and Durbin ran to a microphone minutes after a private meeting with the president - pure scum. These Dems hold the record in leaking and fit is not remotely close. There are more leaks during this administration than in any prior administration. I don't care who the President is these leaks are not good for national security. Had the administration shared the information regarding the strike on the Iranian defense minister with congress it would have been leaked and it would have compromised the entire operation. Even though that operation was a flawless military success our weak Dem congress people had nothing good to say.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
First, the mainstream media including CNN, NYT, and MSNBC (to name a few) have been an endless blather of fake news and every time it originates from an "unnamed source". As long as it is negative to Trump they don't care and neither do you. It is ok to get a story wrong once in while but you can be that wrong consistently without a transparent negative bias. CNN would interview a chicken on air if it had something negative to say about the administration. Remember the negative reporting on Trump requesting a second scoop of ice cream...disgraceful.

Second, based on what have seen from our intelligence agencies after the Russia Collusion hoax, how could you possibly trust the first version of what they say? Not reacting to a briefing shows wisdom and restraint.

Third, why did he hold a briefing today only with Repubs? Clearly several members of congress have never recovered from his election win and are most consistent backstabbing liars any of us can remember. Do you remember when Trump was only in office for a few months and Durbin ran to a microphone minutes after a private meeting with the president - pure scum. These Dems hold the record in leaking and fit is not remotely close. There are more leaks during this administration than in any prior administration. I don't care who the President is these leaks are not good for national security. Had the administration shared the information regarding the strike on the Iranian defense minister with congress it would have been leaked and it would have compromised the entire operation. Even though that operation was a flawless military success our weak Dem congress people had nothing good to say.
Man someone has TDS bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT