ADVERTISEMENT

Russia offered Taliban bounties for dead US troops in Afghanistan

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Per the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html

So, Trump was briefed on this in March, but, of course there has been zero response. Even when Russia is killing our soldiers, Trump won’t take any action. This is disturbing.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.

While some of his closest advisers, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have counseled more hawkish policies toward Russia, Mr. Trump has adopted an accommodating stance toward Moscow.

Trump is an enemy to the United States. He is bought and paid for by Putin and he'd rather see our men and women die than stand up to Putin.

Last edited:
If he would have responded through economic or military means he would have been a big ol meanie

What should his response have been?

This is the exact reason why I can’t get to the other side on him, is I see how he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t by a lot of people especially the media

I remember when he stopped travel from China he was a racist

This is the exact reason why I can’t get to the other side on him, is I see how he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t by a lot of people especially the media

It's the sucking up to dictators that is the issue.

He's pissed on our allies while playing bitch to dictators like Erdogan, Putin, Kim, etc.

His reaction is to call it out publicly at a minimum, you know like he does against our allies or anything Obama?

Maybe he sent Putin a Trump autographed copy of Lady Gaga's greatest hits instead.

So, your opinions on T.rump are not formed on your own knowledge and consideration of the facts, but on how others are hurting his widdle feewings.
Just another crying baby in the T.rump daycare.

So, your opinions on T.rump are not formed on your own knowledge and consideration of the facts, but on how others are hurting his widdle feewings.

Part of my opinion of him is formulated by the fact that the media has an obvious smear campaign against him because he is “racist” or offends their little sensibilities

I would suggest that you treat Stelios with a bit more kindness. It's fairly easy to see that he experiences issues connecting with reality. He's created this little fantasy of a successful business career and living in a wealthy location when the truth is he does very little with his life other than troll on this board. Maybe the kind treatment we could provide is to place him on ignore.

Reactions: StelioKantos
Putting him on ignore makes good sense. There's no point in engaging with him. I've had him on ignore for the last few weeks and I don't think I'm missing a thing.

I would suggest that you treat Stelios with a bit more kindness. It's fairly easy to see that he experiences issues connecting with reality. He's created this little fantasy of a successful business career and living in a wealthy location when the truth is he does very little with his life other than troll on this board. Maybe the kind treatment we could provide is to place him on ignore.

Per the New York Times:

So, Trump was briefed on this in March, but, of course there has been zero response. Even when Russia is killing our soldiers, Trump won’t take any action. This is disturbing.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.

While some of his closest advisers, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have counseled more hawkish policies toward Russia, Mr. Trump has adopted an accommodating stance toward Moscow.

Trump is an enemy to the United States. He is bought and paid for by Putin and he'd rather see our men and women die than stand up to Putin.

With friends like that, who needs enemies.

And NATO is the ones ripping off the country.

Per the New York Times:

Russia must have laughed their ass off when we went in there.

"Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it".

Reactions: sglowrider
Per the New York Times:

He took action he invited Russia and Putin back into the G8. It will be interesting to see how many crazy things will go Russia’s way if there is no way Trump and the Republicans can win.

Part of my opinion of him is formulated by the fact that the media has an obvious smear campaign against him because he is “racist” or offends their little sensibilities
I mean that's fine I guess. Have you seen his Twitter feed? It's pretty clear he is racist and has dementia. Who cares wtf the media is saying when it is coming straight from him? FFS look at his response to Charlottesville.

You’re dead right. But he’s still awful for this country.
Your point is spot on. Your inability to check it off and realize what is happening to our country isn’t.

It shouldn’t be. You’re right about the media.
You think people aren’t aware of both what the media does and what he’s doing?
You think you’re pointing something out to people that they don’t know?

He took action he invited Russia and Putin back into the G8. It will be interesting to see how many crazy things will go Russia’s way if there is no way Trump and the Republicans can win.
Good point. It’s disturbing.

The entire story is shocking. Russia gets US troops killed. Trump actually REWARDS them.

Does anyone in the Republican Party have any shame? How ‘bout The Pentagon? How can this be allowed to stand?

Reactions: Neves
Payback. That's more or less what we did with Bin Laden after the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in the 80s.

Plus the payback for Trump.... Trump Towers Moscow.

It will be interesting how many of his projects pop up in the most suspicious countries after he leaves the WH.

Reactions: Bill4411
Who is keeping our soldiers over there and spending the money to do it? The Dems and Republicans. 8 years Bush. 8 years Obama. 4 years Trump. Who paid the bill? The American people. Who lost their lives? Americans. Would our troops have bounties on them if they were brought home? How would we like it if Russia had their troops here or in say Cuba? How long is the list of places that want our troops? Is the Boogeyman gonna get us if we bring our troops home and quit spending that money?

Easy:

Who is keeping our soldiers over there and spending the money to do it? The Dems and Republicans. 8 years Bush. 8 years Obama. 4 years Trump. Who paid the bill? The American people. Who lost their lives? Americans. Would our troops have bounties on them if they were brought home? How would we like it if Russia had their troops here or in say Cuba? How long is the list of places that want our troops? Is the Boogeyman gonna get us if we bring our troops home and quit spending that money?

Amoebashit

The entire story is shocking. Russia gets US troops killed. Trump actually REWARDS them.

Does anyone in the Republican Party have any shame? How ‘bout The Pentagon? How can this be allowed to stand?
It's a complete disgrace. The Republican party is dead. This needs to be discussed. Trump knew about this and did NOTHING

Reactions: DrHoops
Payback. That's more or less what we did with Bin Laden after the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in the 80s.

That was 35 years ago. Trump is buddying up to Putin and trying like hell to get Russia into the G7. This is unacceptable. The fact that Trump isn't even mentioning this.

That was 35 years ago. Trump is buddying up to Putin and trying like hell to get Russia into the G7. This is unacceptable. The fact that Trump isn't even mentioning this.
Most nations aren't as shortsighted as we are. Thirty five years is nothing. Putin wants to revive Russia's standing in the world, back to when they were one of the two superpowers. So I'm sure the payback angle isn't lost on him.

Of course, Trump is still a chickenshit traitorous douchebag.

Well, first of all, it’s not even the same country or government. Secondly, if that’s the way Russia is going to operate, there need to be ramifications. They are a second world country outside of Moscow and should be treated as such. The days of them being a superpower are long gone. What’s left of their garbage country is essentially a Mafia state with nuclear weapons.

Imagine if Iran were doing this. Or Venezuela. I find Trump’s reaction highly disturbing.

Most nations aren't as shortsighted as we are. Thirty five years is nothing. Putin wants to revive Russia's standing in the world, back to when they were one of the two superpowers. So I'm sure the payback angle isn't lost on him.

Of course, Trump is still a chickenshit traitorous douchebag.

Reactions: Bill4411 and Neves
Donald Trump is a traitor to the flag of the United States of America. He deserves defeat in November, to be sure. After that, he deserves trial, conviction, and death.

Its never going to happen. He has too much dirt on everyone otherwise how did he get the 'enablers' in the Senate, for example, to do what they did?

i was too dumb to get this at first! :eek:
wink.gif

Reactions: DrHoops
It must end badly for Trump, to dissuade the next would-be American fuhrer from following in Covid-45's footsteps. Not Mussolini bad. Rudolf Hess bad...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT