ADVERTISEMENT

Russia offered Taliban bounties for dead US troops in Afghanistan

Not sure where you get that I’m “defending him”. I’m just wondering what response would have been appropriate.

Any thoughts?

I’m willing to bet if a democrat were president, you’d have no less than 500 ideas on what they should have done about this. But with a republican in office you’re suddenly drawing a blank. “Gosh, what should Trump have done?”

Reactions: sglowrider
Washington Post: The Washington Post cites unidentified sources to confirm that the Russian program offering "bounties" to Taliban militants for killing U.S. forces in Afghanistan is "believed to have resulted in the deaths of several U.S. service members."

So...is the Trump administration just going to ignore this now? My guess is he will. To me, this seems more impeachable than the Ukraine situation. The man is a traitor to his country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ffaec2-b96a-11ea-80b9-40ece9a701dc_story.html

Washington Post: The Washington Post cites unidentified sources to confirm that the Russian program offering "bounties" to Taliban militants for killing U.S. forces in Afghanistan is "believed to have resulted in the deaths of several U.S. service members."

So...is the Trump administration just going to ignore this now? My guess is he will. To me, this seems more impeachable than the Ukraine situation. The man is a traitor to his country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ffaec2-b96a-11ea-80b9-40ece9a701dc_story.html

He is trying to co-op Putin with LOVE. That's the kind of man he is.

So US troops are fighting the Taliban, Russia, and the US in Afghanistan. Good to know.

Obama had 8 years to get out of there and failed. Bush got us over there not originally but escalated it into an all out war. Taliban were going to kill US solders or try whether Russia paid bounties or not. This is all Trump's fault. LOL. He is going to fail and will not get troops out of there in his 8 years. Taxpayers are paying for all this. The Republocrats are the same party and all they do is fight amongst themselves.

Obama had 8 years to get out of there and failed. Bush got us over there not originally but escalated it into an all out war. Taliban were going to kill US solders or try whether Russia paid bounties or not. This is all Trump's fault. LOL. He is going to fail and will not get troops out of there in his 8 years. Taxpayers are paying for all this. The Republocrats are the same party and all they do is fight amongst themselves.

Now address the actual point of the post. Quit deflecting.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Now address the actual point of the post. Quit deflecting.
The point is I don't see why anyone would vote for either these political parties. They are not accomplishing anything except running the country into the ground. I gave the Trump stimulus fund which will come out of taxpayer pockets to Jo Jorgensen. If they let her in the debates against these 2 clowns they will both look like the fools they are.

Non sequitur.

Amazing how you'll do whatever Trump wants you to...you're not even concerned about our soldiers on the ground. Russia has no business interfering in Afghanistan, putting bounties on US soldiers AND interfering in our free and fair elections. In my opinion, these are acts of war. Trump doing nothing is treason.

According to the articles, the Taliban has collected on some of the bounties. That means the Russians got what they paid for. Your whataboutisms are f*cking sick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
The point is I don't see why anyone would vote for either these political parties. They are not accomplishing anything except running the country into the ground. I gave the Trump stimulus fund which will come out of taxpayer pockets to Jo Jorgensen. If they let her in the debates against these 2 clowns they will both look like the fools they are.

Are there other examples of the the POTUS being aware that an adverse foreign government was putting a bounty on our military men and women and then doing nothing about it?

Reactions: DrHoops
I think that's a bunch of garbage. Let me know when the Republican Party wants to do anything for the people of America besides a tax cut for the wealthiest 1%. Health care? Nope. Infrastructure? Nope. A cohesive response to Covid-19? Of course not! There is nothing left of the Republican Party.

Reactions: largemouth
If I remember correctly, the Obama Administration killed Bin Laden. Obama listened to the Pentagon. Trump listens to Vladimir Putin.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
So according to Orange Julius, the Intel community has determined that the info was not accurate

Another day another lie. I wonder if the Republicans are going to do anything this time?
His defenses are incredibly flimsy and stupid. He didn't know about this just like he didn't hear the guy shouting 'white power' in the video clip he retweeted. Just like he barely knows people from his own administration who either turn on him or are sent to jail.

People who support him and eventually cast a vote for him are extremely gullible and willfully stupid at this point. They just want to 'piss off the libtards' at their own expense.

Comparing the two as if they are equally inept shows that you are part of the problem. Though it may have held true in previous elections, that thought process in the current atmosphere shows you are grossly misinformed and most likely a Trumper who is too embarrassed to admit you voted for an imbecile.

Reactions: Neves
Republicans are really going to sweep this under the rug aren't they?

I guess I should know better. It's just a sad state that our political environment is in.

Who??

I've seen Jo Jorgensen's name getting tossed around on social media. She's this year's Libertarian candidate.

If jsig actually did send his stimulus money to her campaign, he probably would have been better off using that money to buy Powerball tickets. His chances of winning at least some of his money back would have been infinitely better than any third party candidate winning at this point in the game.

I've seen Jo Jorgensen's name getting tossed around on social media. She's this year's Libertarian candidate.

If jsig actually did send his stimulus money to her campaign, he probably would have been better off using that money to buy Powerball tickets. His chances of winning at least some of his money back would have been infinitely better than any third party candidate winning at this point in the game.
I actually just heard of her yesterday. If this point of the game you have zero name recognition you are in big trouble and taking people’s money. At this point in 2016, people who followed knew who Gary Johnson and Jill Stein were.

Comparing the two as if they are equally inept shows that you are part of the problem. Though it may have held true in previous elections, that thought process in the current atmosphere shows you are grossly misinformed and most likely a Trumper who is too embarrassed to admit you voted for an imbecile.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I have never voted for Trump and never will. Why would I be embarrassed to admit to who I voted for on an internet forum and I think I already indicated who I'll vote for this time. If you want more info over the past votes, I'll fill you in.

I abandoned the 2 current parties 4 years ago. Not interested in their puppet news channels. I'm not interested in them telling me I have to give them my money and do what they tell me to do like use this or that health plan. I did my PEACEFUL protest and votted Libertarian while not knowing anything about them. I started listening to Libertarian podcast this year as the election nears and sports disappeared, I found that their 2 candidates are really impressive and more impressive than any politican I ever listened to. They preach something I can buy into. So, I gave them the Trump stimulus money even if I have no grand illusion they are going to win. You guys can now tell me how stupid I am, I could care less. This sight's views and attitude isn't going to change and I've pushed buttons enough here so done with all that. I have some Jo and Spike podcasts and you tube videos that I haven't seen or listened to and find them refreshing.

Sorry to burst your bubble. I have never voted for Trump and never will. Why would I be embarrassed to admit to who I voted for on an internet forum and I think I already indicated who I'll vote for this time. If you want more info over the past votes, I'll fill you in.

I abandoned the 2 current parties 4 years ago. Not interested in their puppet news channels. I'm not interested in them telling me I have to give them my money and do what they tell me to do like use this or that health plan. I did my PEACEFUL protest and votted Libertarian while not knowing anything about them. I started listening to Libertarian podcast this year as the election nears and sports disappeared, I found that their 2 candidates are really impressive and more impressive than any politican I ever listened to. They preach something I can buy into. So, I gave them the Trump stimulus money even if I have no grand illusion they are going to win. You guys can now tell me how stupid I am, I could care less. This sight's views and attitude isn't going to change and I've pushed buttons enough here so done with all that. I have some Jo and Spike podcasts and you tube videos that I haven't seen or listened to and find them refreshing.

It isn't about parties anymore, Republican party died in 2016, and that you equate Democrats on the same level of corruption and incompetence as Trumpublicans, well, that says a lot. You are void of critical reasoning and your particular ideology is jacked.

You don't get to live in the world you wish existed, you have to live in the world as it is.

It isn't about parties anymore, Republican party died in 2016, and that you equate Democrats on the same level of corruption and incompetence as Trumpublicans, well, that says a lot. You are void of critical reasoning and your particular ideology is jacked.

You don't get to live in the world you wish existed, you have to live in the world as it is.
LOL. The world? Do the Republocrats plan to take money from other countries and force a healthcare system on them too.

https://www.investopedia.com/articl...how-much-money-do-you-need-retire-uruguay.asp

I would love to hear how a libertarian government would ever work. It's absolutely impossible.

Trump's defense may come down to he did not get briefed on Russia offering bounties on our service men and I suppose if you had to tweet and play golf as much as he does maybe that is correct.

Trump's defense may come down to he did not get briefed on Russia offering bounties on our service men and I suppose if you had to tweet and play golf as much as he does maybe that is correct.
I think it's likely he was briefed on this. But it's no secret that he's semi-literate at best, he's admitted he doesn't like to read, and it's questionable when, if or how much of the President's Daily Brief he actually reads and comprehends.

This article doesn't relate to this latest intelligence, but it's still relevant and revealing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-looks-at-charts-in-intelligence-briefings-2020-5

I think it's likely he was briefed on this. But it's no secret that he's semi-literate at best, he's admitted he doesn't like to read, and it's questionable when, if or how much of the President's Daily Brief he actually reads and comprehends.

This article doesn't relate to this latest intelligence, but it's still relevant and revealing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-looks-at-charts-in-intelligence-briefings-2020-5
I saw someone who worked for ex POTUS say that every single paper coming into office is stamped that he has seen. They have records. Also it seems pretty obvious that people who leaked it are angry that nothing was done, hence getting the story out. I’m sure WH is much more concerned with how the story got out than doing anything about the issue. That’s how they roll.

Trump is having a security meeting with only Republicans today. No doubt to get their latest marching orders on this travesty.

Guess they have to be all on the same page for this one. Besides, they only have a few more months to grift, so every second counts.

Per the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/politics/russia-afghanistan-bounties.html

So, Trump was briefed on this in March, but, of course there has been zero response. Even when Russia is killing our soldiers, Trump won’t take any action. This is disturbing.

The officials familiar with the intelligence did not explain the White House delay in deciding how to respond to the intelligence about Russia.

While some of his closest advisers, like Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have counseled more hawkish policies toward Russia, Mr. Trump has adopted an accommodating stance toward Moscow.

Trump is an enemy to the United States. He is bought and paid for by Putin and he'd rather see our men and women die than stand up to Putin.
Only enemies of the U.S. would drop a nonsensical post like this and then reach a ridiculous conclusion. I have to believe the people who “liked” the post are In fact Russian bots since anyone with two brains to tie together would not do so. If you are an IU grad it is pretty clear that was money wasted.

Only enemies of the U.S. would drop a nonsensical post like this and then reach a ridiculous conclusion. I have to believe the people who “liked” the post are In fact Russian bots since anyone with two brains to tie together would not do so. If you are an IU grad it is pretty clear that was money wasted.
That’s your conclusion? That the poster is an enemy of the US, as opposed to the Trump Traitor in the WH?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT