ADVERTISEMENT

Rush

I suppose I'm a despicable human being, but I'm having a hard time mustering up much concern for him. Rush singlehandedly turned my parents into bitter, paranoid, hateful old grouches in their later years.

Proving once again that an apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Reactions: Hoosier_Hack
I suppose I'm a despicable human being, but I'm having a hard time mustering up much concern for him. Rush singlehandedly turned my parents into bitter, paranoid, hateful old grouches in their later years.

Hating Rush won't bring them back, doesn't change Rush, and just turns the hater into a bitter, hateful old grouch. Leave that to the Trumps of the world and bask in the sunshine 'cause you seem like a super dude and bring lots of smiles here.

Maybe they were just disappointed in their son.... I’d think that would be more likely than a radio talk show host.

Or maybe they met you and were disappointed that life could look so angry and bleak.

Seems more likely since Mark seems like a swell dude who parents would be proud to call their son.

Reactions: DrHoops and Thyrsis
Hating Rush won't bring them back, doesn't change Rush, and just turns the hater into a bitter, hateful old grouch. Leave that to the Trumps of the world and bask in the sunshine 'cause you seem like a super dude and bring lots of smiles here.
I'm not proud of myself. But I'm not going to claim I feel any sympathy. Truth does matter.

I will say that Rush is fortunate that he has every financial ability to try everything possible to find a cure, as opposed to others in the country, whom he has fought to take health care away from.

Rush's parents had lung cancer? That's a sad story if true.

But, if you're just being a dick, why don't you quit it?

If you are half as smart as you think you are, you know that I think blaming others for own individual behavior is a crock. This is especially disgusting because Mark is prompted by the announcement of a terminal illness. I don't care if you think I'm being a dick, I can't keep up with Mark.

I will say that Rush is fortunate that he has every financial ability to try everything possible to find a cure, as opposed to others in the country, whom he has fought to take health care away from.
Same thing with his cochlear implants, which were required after his drug abuse wrecked his hearing.

If you insist on being political, remember also that Trump led the way for Right to Try laws. This could benefit not only Rush but other similarly situated patients.

I hear you, Mark. Truth does matter, but I'm just a firm believer that the only person hate hurts is the person doing the hating. Lung cancer is an ugly, painful thing and it impacts not just the person who has it. There's no joy in that.
I think you guys are being way too hard on Mark. He's not actively hating anyone. He's simply being honest about his own failure to ferret out any sympathy for this man, which in and of itself implies he actually tried to do so.

I don't care if you think I'm being a dick, I can't keep up with Mark.

Truly the only area where you underestimate yourself. Didn't know that you and Rush were so close, but if you can't see why yours was a low and uncalled for blow, that's just one more insight into your true colors.

I think you guys are being way too hard on Mark. He's not actively hating anyone. He's simply being honest about his own failure to ferret out any sympathy for this man, which in and of itself implies he actually tried to do so.

Wasn't trying to be hard on Mark. Was actually trying to be supportive. I think he's one of the most interesting posters here.

Reactions: DrHoops
Truly the only area where you underestimate yourself. Didn't know that you and Rush were so close, but if you can't see why yours was a low and uncalled for blow, that's just one more insight into your true colors.

Thanks for that. I thought Mark’s post was disgusting and I’m glad you noticed my deliberate low blow. It wasn’t uncalled for. Mark invited it.

Are you kidding? He called his mom and dad “bitter, paranoid, hateful old grouches” and blamed that on Rush. Even if he believes that BS, who in the hell talks like that about their parents on a forum like this? I think Mark’s parents are nice people and Mark has the problem. Most mature and tolerant people can discuss politics without surrendering to name calling.

Reactions: Sassy61
Are you kidding? He called his mom and dad “bitter, paranoid, hateful old grouches” and blamed that on Rush. Even if he believes that BS, who in the hell talks like that about their parents on a forum like this? I think Mark’s parents are nice people and Mark has the problem. Most mature and tolerant people can discuss politics without surrendering to name calling.
Your outrage here is entirely uncalled for, and quite frankly, sounds manufactured.

Thanks for that. I thought Mark’s post was disgusting and I’m glad you noticed my deliberate low blow. It wasn’t uncalled for. Mark invited it.

LOL.

You think Mark saying he doesn't feel any sympathy for Rush is disgusting, yet you constantly defend Trump?

Truly, GTFOH.

Reactions: cosmickid
I am convinced he’s just an opportunistic prick who created that persona. I’ve had cases in front of his cousin. One of the smartest, sweetest men I’ve ever met. The whole family of lawyers were gentlemen.

Last edited:
LOL.

You think Mark saying he doesn't feel any sympathy for Rush is disgusting, yet you constantly defend Trump?

Truly, GTFOH.

Wrong, as usual. I’m sure Mark feels no sympathy because he has demonstrated often how he feels about those with whom he disagrees. But saying that in response to an announcement of a painful terminal illness takes a special disgusting individual. And the crack about his parents?

If you insist on being political, remember also that Trump led the way for Right to Try laws. This could benefit not only Rush but other similarly situated patients.
Right I mean, being political about Rush is quite a stretch.

Wrong, as usual. I’m sure Mark feels no sympathy because he has demonstrated often how he feels about those with whom he disagrees. But saying that in response to an announcement of a painful terminal illness takes a special disgusting individual. And the crack about his parents?

Get out of here with your indignation. Rush Limbaugh deserves NO sympathy. Zero. Zip.

If you'll recall he took a certain joy in mocking Michael J Fox, AND RBG.

I hope for his sake he beats it, but I certainly don't feel sorry for him.

Reactions: MaxCoke
How do you have any idea whether Mark's folks are nice people?

My mother is currently fighting stage 4 liver cancer. Cancer is not #winning you dipshit.

That's very sad news to hear, Hillz. I wish for her the utmost strength, optimism and determination to win such a difficult battle. Although, some of us may disagree politically, it proves just how juvenile and meaningless that really is compared to the importance of winning in life. Maybe all of us would be much better off by taking a break from arguing politics and sports, but unfortunately, it's human nature. Godspeed to her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT