ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo about to be out of the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012

If he does wind up not getting a contract, I would have hit the Nostradumbass prediction to 100% perfection.

I said after he got drafted by The Celtics that he would be traded, and out of the league in 5 years. Never could shoot the ball, need to do that to stay in the NBA. HS can only carry you so far, in this case about 20 Million far? Good for him.

Reactions: dean_oliver222

If he does wind up not getting a contract, I would have hit the Nostradumbass prediction to 100% perfection.

I said after he got drafted by The Celtics that he would be traded, and out of the league in 5 years. Never could shoot the ball, need to do that to stay in the NBA. HS can only carry you so far, in this case about 20 Million far? Good for him.
Overrated!

And he just laughed and laughed his way to the bank. Here he is 23 years old with $20 million. Watch it grow while not working another day that he doesn't want to for the rest of his life. Poor boy was overrated and what a shame!
You forgot to deduct taxes and his agents cut, plus what his dad and the hanger on’s took. So that 20 million is more like 8 mil . Then the life style of a millionaire isn’t cheap!

Just because you played at IU doesnt mean we should like you. He didn’t reach his full potential because of effort in my opinion. That makes me dislike you as a player, a lot.
I'm confused by this post. Didn't Romeo only play 1 year at IU? Didn't he also play injured the entire time? He wasn't exceptionally lazy, imo. He'll be back in the league. I'll go double or nothing with you on the $250 you owe me on the Bates bet.

I'm confused by this post. Didn't Romeo only play 1 year at IU? Didn't he also play injured the entire time? He wasn't exceptionally lazy, imo. He'll be back in the league. I'll go double or nothing with you on the $250 you owe me on the Bates bet.
You shouldn’t be confused, he didn’t bring winning to IU.

Reactions: bbafficionado
You have the link to the bates bet? No1 was man enough to take the bets when I was offering. Don’t think you sneaked by.

Reactions: Lucy01

He got bad advice; he should have stayed in school for 1 more year.

Appreciate Cav's optimism for all things IU.... doesn't make him right. I hope he is closer to being right about IU next year than I am. I was 8 in 93, and have a taste of what IU was. It is a different era for sure, but nothing about this past years team or the upcoming team compare. 2013 was the closest they have been... and IU in Woodson/ NIL money era arent even knocking on that door yet. As a Reds/Bengals fan, the last few months in the Reds case, and last 2 years in Bengals case, have made my general pessimism within sports fandom wane a bit.

Like many before him and many after, he would have benefited from more time in college. That's the reality. But if he were my kid I'd have told him to make the same decision. He got his money and enough to change his life forever. That's important because the other reality is these kids are one practice injury or game injury away from being done.

Live view of Cav with his Romeo, Galloway, and Cupps voodoo dolls:

supernatural-jensen-ackles.gif

Like many before him and many after, he would have benefited from more time in college. That's the reality. But if he were my kid I'd have told him to make the same decision. He got his money and enough to change his life forever. That's important because the other reality is these kids are one practice injury or game injury away from being done.
Has has he been in the league long enough to get the NBA retirement?

remember watching him as a HS soph shooting the lights out from Maravich range against Southport.

was that an anomaly, or did his shooting ability degrade rather than maintain or improve.

Live view of Cav with his Romeo, Galloway, and Cupps voodoo dolls:

supernatural-jensen-ackles.gif
High hopes for cupps. Someone has to dribble other than X.

I like Galloway as a 6th or 7th man. Not the starting 2. Which I am sure he will be again this year….

remember watching him as a HS soph shooting the lights out from Maravich range against Southport.

was that an anomaly, or did his shooting ability degrade rather than maintain or improve.
His 3P% is worse in the pros than college, which is hard to do. I would say 100% anomaly. Skinwalker ranch size anomaly.

Reactions: Lucy01
High hopes for cupps. Someone has to dribble other than X.

I like Galloway as a 6th or 7th man. Not the starting 2. Which I am sure he will be again this year….

TG made a colossal leap last yr.

i can't EXPECT that kind of advancement again this yr, but even half that level of advancement makes him a solid starter, and just maintaining his last yr's level would make him a really good 1st guard off the bench or more than serviceable starter.

he still reminds me of a poor man's VanArsdale, which is a compliment and in no way is a slight.

would love to see Gunn develop a really good handle..

he does that and his other offensive issues, including shooting, will take care of themselves.

Last edited:
So when he gets a second deal what are you gonna do Cav? Stop posting about him hopefully. It's unbecoming of grown (?) man.

BTW his 3P% is better in pros than college, albeit not by much. Not surprising you got that wrong though.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
So when he gets a second deal what are you gonna do Cav? Stop posting about him hopefully. It's unbecoming of grown (?) man.

BTW his 3P% is better in pros than college, albeit not by much. Not surprising you got that wrong though.
I was told he was the savior, best thing since Gordon. I thought he was OR from day one. I do like reminding everyone I was right, especially when I get told Tamar sucks.

My man got to 28.8%, you are right that is better. God he was such a putrid shooter. Can you imagine what this board would have done if Tamar shot 27% this past year?

I was told he was the savior, best thing since Gordon. I thought he was OR from day one. I do like reminding everyone I was right, especially when I get told Tamar sucks.

My man got to 28.8%, you are right that is better. God he was such a putrid shooter. Can you imagine what this board would have done if Tamar shot 27% this past year?
Tamar shot .313 in conference play, .288 (coincidental, eh?) when conference play went exclusive starting @Iowa, and went 0-13 in the NCAA tournament. Without an injured thumb. At least Romeo could take it to the basket and showed promise on D.

Not trying to drag Tamar down, you brought him up. I wish him the best at Mizzou and hope he captures what Woodson and the HS rankers saw. I just wouldn't use him as your comparison no matter how much popcorn you shared with his dad.

But Romeo did a lot of things well besides shoot.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
TG made a colossal leap last yr.

i can't EXPECT that kind of advancement again this yr, but even half that level of advancement makes him a solid starter, and just maintaining his last yr's level would make him a really good 1st guard off the bench or more than serviceable starter.

he still reminds me of a poor man's VanArsdale, which is a compliment and in no way is a slight.

would love to see Gunn develop a really good handle..

he does that and his other offensive issues, including shooting, will take care of themselves.
“A poor man’s VanArsdale”…haven’t heard that one too often through the years. Tom or Dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT