ADVERTISEMENT

Roe overturned. Be kind

If women do not wish to get pregnant isn't there way to prevent it? As much as it pains me to say it both my daughters were on birth control so such things do not happen. If women wish to not have any more children aren't there procedures they can have done to prevent it? I'm looking for solutions to how women can become safer while still getting their groove on.
I'm sure this will play well with their customers and given that they're an outdoor store are probably mostly Trump voters.

that’s a dick move.

Reactions: DANC
What happens if 40 states outlaw abortion? 45? 23?

My early prediction is a shift in “rights” from privacy to health care.
Easier to use a health care right to get an abortion protection than a privacy right.
Easier to get “right to health care” recognized as a right - maybe even as a Constitutional amendment - than a right to privacy Also.

But a couple of hundred million US folks just decided to study some Constitutional law and get political.
Conservatives have complained for years that liberal judges were "making new law." However, when the present majority claims to be mind-reading the Founding Fathers as of 1787, what difference could there be?

The Trump appointees have no idea what the Founding Fathers would have thought about modern abortion procedures or birth control pills. Any judicial opinion based on notions of originalism or textualism is just making new conservative law by politics.

George Washington was nearly bled to death and John Adams' family was innoculated by a doctor that transferred smallpox to them with a scalpel from the open sores on a suffering smallpox victim. There is no reason to think the Trump appointees can decipher what the Founding Fathers would have thought of modern methods.

I'm sure this will play well with their customers and given that they're an outdoor store are probably mostly Trump voters.

What? Dicks has been flying the rainbow flag, supporting trans in sports, etc. for a while.

all of the other chains are where you get the Trump voters (Scheels, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, gander mountain, etc.

What? Dicks has been flying the rainbow flag, supporting trans in sports, etc. for a while.

all of the other chains are where you get the Trump voters (Scheels, Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, gander mountain, etc.
So does this mean conservatives are going to cancel Dicks over flying a rainbow flag?

The underlying premise of the Roe Court was that a right to privacy extended to a woman's right to abortion. The privacy right was not explicitly stated in the Constitution, but was said to exist in the the language of the Bill of Rights and in particular, the 14th Amendment. The Court had been extending this privacy right for several years through a series of cases prior to Roe. The concept was highlighted by the famous "penumbra phrase" of Justice Douglas in Griswold.
And yet, the Supreme Court's nearly simultaneous ruling on the Second Amendment seems also to recognize a bunch of things not expressly stated in the Second Amendment. You really should read it.

The gun ruling claims it is limited in scope and allows several specific restrictions on guns, gun applications, gun possession etc. but these passages are based on past rulings of the Supreme Court itself, not on exact language in the Second Amendment itself or related 18th Century history.

Why?

Either the Second Amendment says it all or ... it's just politics by the only partisan branch of government that doesn't have to go through a primary process.

But they don’t have baseball gloves, basketballs and the like. Screw ‘em now.

Is banning firearm sales the equivalent of cancel culture? Wouldn’t people naturally opt to take trips to other stores if they are gun owners?
There's no such thing as cancel culture, that's just a propaganda slogan made to be used when someone is caught being a dickhead. The real word is "consequences" consequences for being a dickhead is not cancel culture. Polite civilized society has always corrected itself by making pariahs of dickheads.. .

Read. A. Book.

This is just unbelievably repugnant.
Lol. Companies have been putting this out ever since the verdict was leaked. What exactly is repugnant about helping women have the rights they have had for the last 50 years? I’d guess this will be a major positive for many young people.

A Rogue's Gallery of Dumbasses.
Yep, that is the exact description of the WC . Just like the Supreme Court Justices, a bunch of people, mostly men, well past reproductive age, telling young girls what they can do with their bodies. War on women continues. Minority rule continues. There will be consequences.

As a lawyer, I'm troubled that Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Aunt Lydia testified under oath that Roe was settled law. They perjured themselves.

As a Catholic, I'm happy. I can put this issue to bed and focus on what the church does best. . . bugger children.
Did they pin them down as to what they thought "settled law" meant?

It's weird to me that tweeting exact quotes from supreme court justices saying they wouldn't do what they did today equals losing your mind.
The justices said they would never overturn Roe v. Wade? Where?

That is fine, do they want a man to wear a Scarlet V to indicate the safe ones to get freaky with or just be like the first question you ask on a date?
Don't think my sexy wife during her dating years would believe a guy who claimed to have had a vasectomy even if he had a Scarlet V tattoo on his forehead.

• Haha
Yep, that is the exact description of the WC . Just like the Supreme Court Justices, a bunch of people, mostly men, well past reproductive age, telling young girls what they can do with their bodies. War on women continues. Minority rule continues. There will be consequences.
You should immediately go to DC and throw things at the justices you hate while carrying an AR-15 lookalike weapon. When the cops show up, point the fake gun at them.

Wear a vagina hat with an IU on it, so we know which one is you.

We will honor your memory here And I’m pretty sure your sacrifice will cause Mitch McConnell to overturn this decision.

The justices said they would never overturn Roe v. Wade? Where?
During their confirmation hearings all of the Trump appointees said Roe was established law and they respected that and wouldn’t seek to overturn. They lied, just like the man who appointed them.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
During their confirmation hearings all of the Trump appointees said Roe was established law and they respected that and wouldn’t seek to overturn. They lied, just like the man who appointed them.
Dark money. Dark consequences.

Now back to the misogyny from the sexually repressed crowd or maybe just out of touch Catholics, like the SC.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
Could you provide links to where they said they "wouldn't seek to overturn" Roe v. Wade? That would be a shocking departure from judicial nominees' (of both parties) refusal to answer what they would do in the future on any given case:

NPR would probably report if a conservative justice had said he "wouldn't seek to overturn" Roe:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT