ADVERTISEMENT

Reviewing game tape vs Akron

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
First offensive snap: LT retreats like it’s a pass block. Doesn’t engage his man who slides over and tackles Jaylin. If he drive blocks his man 2-3 more yards are gained.

2nd play: multiple combo blocks by OL. No one separated to get to the LB.

3rd play: Jaylin whiffs on a block, Tayven scrambles for a loss.

Pretty indicative of what we’ve been seeing this season.

The drops are the real culprit to me. IU gave away points there. To be fair, so did Akron with their own drops.

And I, for one, thought that they should have called timeout with one of those goal line situations and challenged the OL to man up and take a yard. That’s the real problem, that we can’t need a yard and expect it. Complain about Walt Bell all you want, but his hands are tied if he can’t call a vanilla play at the goal line. Vaguely reminiscent of the mid-Manning Colts who couldn’t score TDs from inside the 15 to save their lives.

On the TD run by Turner to the left side, Carter Smith had a great block, but the rest of the runs were up the middle or to the right. I kept wanting them to at least give the left side another shot.

The drops cost a TD and a couple first downs.

OL looked just like they did against Lville on the goal line runs, no push.

No targets for Lucas. After his TD against Lville, how does that happen? You can't tell me he doesn't win the 1 on 1 matchups either down the middle. He didn't seem like he had his normal burst on some of his outside runs.

2-2 still with opportunity in front of them.

Reviewing game tape vs Akron​

You, my friend, are a masochist.
I was interested in seeing how some of it looked on tv and testing my eyes live. I’ll go thru all of it relatively soon. Or preferably if it gets the BTN in 60 treatment.

I really want to see if my son got on TV at all acting the fool so I can add to his scrap book for the season.

Btw, DM me if anyone is going to Maryland and is tailgating in the CC1 lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT