ADVERTISEMENT

Republican anti-vaxers are stalling US race to herd immunity

You are one of the crazies for following that crap. You should throw your computer and phone away. You’re lost my friend. You need a reboot
You are ****ing off your rocker. There's no pleasing you... You mentioned CRAZIES, and I linked to a freaking NY Times story about how the QAnon CRAZIES have switched from "Stop the Steal" to "Stop the Vaccine" in a thread about how Republicans Anti-Vaxxers are stalling the drive to "herd immunity...

Not only was my post perfectly in line with the actual THREAD TITLE/SUBJECT, but it also served as a perfect segue to your comment about the CRAZIES who were exposed to us in the past year by providing an update on the shift in tactics by the Chief Crazies. I thought I was corroborating and expanding on the point YOU made, which was MY intention. Instead, you decided to (purposely?) misinterpret the entire POINT I was making and launch one of your patented, ignorant, vitriolic personal attacks on me.

My post was about extremist groups, particularly QAnon.I didn't imply that anti-vaxxers were any one specific group, as plenty of other groups (leftists, reluctant POC etc...) have been discussed elsewhere in the thread to great length.I do highly doubt that any of the fears from those groups coincide with the claims of people like David Icke, who is basically the epitome of a walking QAnon "theorist". From the NYT article...

"On Telegram, channels frequented by tens of thousands of QAnon followers are full of videos warning of the dire consequences of taking the vaccine. For example, David Icke, a British serial conspiracy theorist, posted a video called “Murder by Vaccine” saying that it transformed the nature of the human body. (The claims that the vaccines change human DNA are false.)

Mr. Icke was previously best known for pushing the idea that the world was controlled by shape-shifting alien lizards who inhabited a global network of underground tunnels."

My extended family is 99.9 % GOP, all likely voted for Trump, and based on what I've heard are basically 100% vaccine compliant. But as far as I know, None of them consider QAnon anything but a group of total nutjobs. And I think I can pretty safely say that NONE of them (or anyone they would even consider associating with) believe in "shape-shifting alien lizards". So I definitely was not trying to lump or imply anything about "all Republicans" in my post about the updated activities about extremist groups like QAnon.

Reactions: outside shooter
You are ****ing off your rocker. There's no pleasing you... You mentioned CRAZIES, and I linked to a freaking NY Times story about how the QAnon CRAZIES have switched from "Stop the Steal" to "Stop the Vaccine" in a thread about how Republicans Anti-Vaxxers are stalling the drive to "herd immunity...

Not only was my post perfectly in line with the actual THREAD TITLE/SUBJECT, but it also served as a perfect segue to your comment about the CRAZIES who were exposed to us in the past year by providing an update on the shift in tactics by the Chief Crazies. I thought I was corroborating and expanding on the point YOU made, which was MY intention. Instead, you decided to (purposely?) misinterpret the entire POINT I was making and launch one of your patented, ignorant, vitriolic personal attacks on me.

My post was about extremist groups, particularly QAnon.I didn't imply that anti-vaxxers were any one specific group, as plenty of other groups (leftists, reluctant POC etc...) have been discussed elsewhere in the thread to great length.I do highly doubt that any of the fears from those groups coincide with the claims of people like David Icke, who is basically the epitome of a walking QAnon "theorist". From the NYT article...

"On Telegram, channels frequented by tens of thousands of QAnon followers are full of videos warning of the dire consequences of taking the vaccine. For example, David Icke, a British serial conspiracy theorist, posted a video called “Murder by Vaccine” saying that it transformed the nature of the human body. (The claims that the vaccines change human DNA are false.)

Mr. Icke was previously best known for pushing the idea that the world was controlled by shape-shifting alien lizards who inhabited a global network of underground tunnels."

My extended family is 99.9 % GOP, all likely voted for Trump, and based on what I've heard are basically 100% vaccine compliant. But as far as I know, None of them consider QAnon anything but a group of total nutjobs. And I think I can pretty safely say that NONE of them (or anyone they would even consider associating with) believe in "shape-shifting alien lizards". So I definitely was not trying to lump or imply anything about "all Republicans" in my post about the updated activities about extremist groups like QAnon.
Remember when we laughed about your feed. Dumb Q shit is all you post about. Or trump. Get a new computer. Get a new phone. Start over. You’re a media created automaton. Regain your life. You’re as big of a hindrance to this country regaining its collective sanity as Q or antifa or cancel culture or any of the other bs

Last edited:

Why you always hatin' on Q?

Ironic you would say that. Are you not aware of the bs that's going on in public schools? Sure you are. You just approve of it.

Never said there wasn't bs going on in public schools.

But if I was going to pay extra to send a kid to a private school, I would expect more than just some nutbag teaching them.

Reactions: TommyCracker
If Biden came out tomorrow and said fully vaccinated people can resume a mask less, un-distanced life 100%, would that help kick the lagging young population into gear? I think it probably would.

But how do you enforce such a thing without some sort of unconstitutional, draconian passport?

They keep track of how many vaccines are given out and they know how many people live in the US. I think they can figure out when we would reach herd immunity without using passports.

What I've read is that people who have previously had COVID have the same level of protection after 1 vaccination as others after both vaccinations. Since it is already more dangerous for those folks, why force them to have 2 vaccinations?

But nobody is saying this, because they just want unthinking obedience.

My understanding is that if you get covid, you only have protection from that strand of covid. Not exactly the same thing as a vaccine that protects from multiple strands.

Polls.... Absolutely they are one of a number of groups. Some of the other groups are clearly left. Where is the campaign to get blacks and gays vaccinated at higher numbers. Why isn’t biden chastising them? Why aren’t you and cosmic linking articles about them. Well bc it just doesn’t fit for you. And that’s the problem with our country in a nutshell. We no longer view things holistically - we just point at who we don’t like and blame them for their part
There are, in fact, active campaigns in many urban areas encouraging minority populations to get vaccinated. Vaccine hesitancy remains a problem in the black community because of Tuskegee and other past medical atrocities.

Fortunately, blacks don't tune into major media outlets that actively discourage vaccination. White Republicans who watch Laura Ingraham and other Fox primetime opinion hosts get a regular diet of bullshit from people like Alex Berenson who argue that vaccines are causing a spike in severe illness, vaccines suppress the immune system, the side effects of the vaccine for non-seniors are worse than Covid itself, etc. Last night, Ingraham featured a doctor who made the debunked claim that natural immunity from acquiring Covid is stronger than vaccine-acquired immunity.

With bullshit like this regularly spewing out of their favorite channel, it's not surprising that 40% of Republicans say they won't get the vaccine. Sad.

There are, in fact, active campaigns in many urban areas encouraging minority populations to get vaccinated. Vaccine hesitancy remains a problem in the black community because of Tuskegee and other past medical atrocities.

Fortunately, blacks don't tune into major media outlets that actively discourage vaccination. White Republicans who watch Laura Ingraham and other Fox primetime opinion hosts get a regular diet of bullshit from people like Alex Berenson who argue that vaccines are causing a spike in severe illness, vaccines suppress the immune system, the side effects of the vaccine for non-seniors are worse than Covid itself, etc. Last night, Ingraham featured a doctor who made the debunked claim that natural immunity from acquiring Covid is stronger than vaccine-acquired immunity.

With bullshit like this regularly spewing out of their favorite channel, it's not surprising that 40% of Republicans say they won't get the vaccine. Sad.
Of course that’s reprehensible. But it’s only one element of all of this lack of participation. I point out cosmic and outside bc of their tunnel vision. As for blacks it’s mistrust rooted in structural racism (real and/or perceived) as well as access. Some Blacks and some republicans distrust the government

They keep track of how many vaccines are given out and they know how many people live in the US. I think they can figure out when we would reach herd immunity without using passports.
Who said anything about immunity. You need to read closer. I’m specifically talking about incentivizing the youngsters with their own freedoms to kick them into gear.

Why call it bs maybe the shot itself is bs

Reactions: Chicaco1908
Who said anything about immunity. You need to read closer. I’m specifically talking about incentivizing the youngsters with their own freedoms to kick them into gear.

My bad, but your hypothetical is improbable. Biden pushing for herd immunity to return to normal is much more realistic than him saying only vaccinated people can return to normal.

My bad, but your hypothetical is improbable. Biden pushing for herd immunity to return to normal is much more realistic than him saying only vaccinated people can return to normal.
Why can't we return to normal now? Everyone that wants a vax can get one. Why are we protecting people who don't want to protect themselves?

Why can't we return to normal now? Everyone that wants a vax can get one. Why are we protecting people who don't want to protect themselves?

We haven't reached herd immunity yet.

People who are vaccinated can still get covid but will not have as bad of symptoms from it and won't be as susceptible to spreading it to others. It's all about slowing the rate of transmission and keeping people from the worst of the symptoms.

We can't safely go back to normal until the anti-vaxers change their mind and we can get to herd immunity.

i don't understand this either. maybe someone can educate me. if you're young, strong and healthy and don't feel like putting a non fda approved drug into your system why should you as long as those who are vulnerable are getting vaccinated to protect themselves. back to normal living for everyone

we're not going to reach herd immunity so throw that out.

What I've read is that people who have previously had COVID have the same level of protection after 1 vaccination as others after both vaccinations. Since it is already more dangerous for those folks, why force them to have 2 vaccinations?

But nobody is saying this, because they just want unthinking obedience.

People who are vaccinated can still get covid but will not have as bad of symptoms from it and won't be as susceptible to spreading it to others. It's all about slowing the rate of transmission and keeping people from the worst of the symptoms.

We can't safely go back to normal until the anti-vaxers change their mind and we can get to herd immunity.
Why can’t the vaccinated go back to normal life and attend concerts, sporting events, eat at full restaurants, etc.? Normal life is the best incentive for vaccinations that we could offer. I’m about at the point of not caring about those that don’t get vaccinated and subsequently catch it. It’s their choice to put themselves at risk, isn’t it?

We're probably not going to reach herd immunity. Stop fixating on it. As much as you would like the government to be able to force everyone to get a vax, there will be hold outs. We live in America for better or worse and we can't force people or wait indefinitely for some future threshold that may or may not come.

Why have you become so comfortable with having freedoms parsed out to you by the powers that be based on bad science is probably the better question.

The only reason you think "we can't go back to normal" is because you've had your brain warped by political BS and have willingly submitted to federal and local government dictates (sometimes based on science, often times not).

Who is saying we can't go back to normal because of the anti-vaxers? Biden? Fauci? Grow up kid.

Why can’t the vaccinated go back to normal life and attend concerts, sporting events, eat at full restaurants, etc.? Normal life is the best incentive for vaccinations that we could offer. I’m about at the point of not caring about those that don’t get vaccinated and subsequently catch it. It’s their choice to put themselves at risk, isn’t it?
You have to prove you were vaccinated and a lot of people acting like a vaccinated passport is unamerican.

Personal responsibility doesn't really register with him. Can't make decisions without advisement from the nanny state.

We're probably not going to reach herd immunity. Stop fixating on it. As much as you would like the government to be able to force everyone to get a vax, there will be hold outs. We live in America for better or worse and we can't force people or wait indefinitely for some future threshold that may or may not come.

Why have you become so comfortable with having freedoms parsed out to you by the powers that be based on bad science is probably the better question.

The only reason you think "we can't go back to normal" is because you've had your brain warped by political BS and have willingly submitted to federal and local government dictates (sometimes based on science, often times not).

Who is saying we can't go back to normal because of the anti-vaxers? Biden? Fauci? Grow up kid.
Because i know it is not bad science.

You grow up and use your brain ;) You buying the bs from the right isn't any different than you claiming I am buying into bs from the left.

Oh yea, your bs opinion is fact. my bad.

Because i know it is not bad science.

You grow up and use your brain ;) You buying the bs from the right isn't any different than you claiming I am buying into bs from the left
Saying that the vaccinated should be free to live their lives is not BS or bad science. Fear mongering about masks and small gatherings only for the vaccinated definitely is.

I have my card.

Me too. I'd have no problem with that with life going back to normal for the proven vaccinated. As you can tell on this forum, a lot of people think having to show a vaccine card is in violation to their freedom.

Saying that the vaccinated should be free to live their lives is not BS or bad science. Fear mongering about masks and small gatherings only for the vaccinated definitely is.

I'm not fear mongering. I'm relaying what medical professionals say since you seem to be in the dark. It's not my fault if you can't handle the truth.

Share of vaccinated people in Wisconsin who have tested positive for covid so far: 0.03%

Me too. I'd have no problem with that with life going back to normal for the proven vaccinated. As you can tell on this forum, a lot of people think having to show a vaccine card is in violation to their freedom.
Again, you haven't answered the question. Why are we protecting people who won't protect themselves? If you have been vaccinated and are scared of large gatherings and being around those who are not, society needs to leave you behind as well, because your personal risk assessment mechanisms have been completely blown to bits.

You seem to have no limiting principle except herd immunity or zero risk.

Medical professionals who advise masking at this point are either dumb or trying to sell you something. So look out.

Bidens guidelines yesterday were a farce and not based on any real science, but if you recite "follow the science" enough times lemmings like you will follow along to just about anything.

i don't understand this either. maybe someone can educate me. if you're young, strong and healthy and don't feel like putting a non fda approved drug into your system why should you as long as those who are vulnerable are getting vaccinated to protect themselves. back to normal living for everyone

we're not going to reach herd immunity so throw that out.

Yeah we’re not reaching herd immunity. If you want it great do it, if you don’t don’t. But let’s get back regardless. The bummer is that without herd immunity I presume that as it continues to float around we could get more severe variants as opposed to having eradicated it. Sucks. My body my choice right. Can’t force people.

Maybe in time more will be persuaded

Last edited:
Reactions: Spartans9312

I'm not fear mongering. I'm relaying what medical professionals say since you seem to be in the dark. It's not my fault if you can't handle the truth.

The CDC says *unvaccinated* adults can go maskless outside in certain circumstances. So why can't kids?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT