ADVERTISEMENT

Republican anti-vaxers are stalling US race to herd immunity

I don’t think it’s all trumpers. As a parent of a grade schooler in an exceptionally liberal school with BLM drawn on the play ground there’s a bizarre phenomena of weird soccer moms that hate vaccines. We won’t get to herd immunity if same is predicated on enough folks getting vaccinated

Only idiots think that idiocy is a partisan phenomenon. Anti-Vaxxers have been around ever since there were vaccines.

By and large, people are idiots.

Only idiots think that idiocy is a partisan phenomenon. Anti-Vaxxers have been around ever since there were vaccines.

By and large, people are idiots.

I've always heard the saying as 'individuals are brilliant but people are idiots'.

People meaning groups

Reactions: hookyIU1990

The media is so bad.
Why would folks get vaxxed when they keep reading about horror stories in the NY Post about vaxxed people getting covid or experiencing freak side effects?

I was at the gym yesterday morning and walked by a TV. Woman’s picture with the chyron “woman has allergic reaction to vaccine”. What the hell? Why is this being splashed on a National news channel? It’s not news. It’s not important. It only gives the crazies validation and sows distrust. It’s not journalism.

I was at the gym yesterday morning and walked by a TV. Woman’s picture with the chyron “woman has allergic reaction to vaccine”. What the hell? Why is this being splashed on a National news channel? It’s not news. It’s not important. It only gives the crazies validation and sows distrust. It’s not journalism.

Reading stories like this makes it more likely that we can wave goodbye to herd immunity

Johnson and Johnson has over a billion dollars in judgments against them right now. At least 50,000 pending lawsuits. Courts have held that they have concealed data, changed data, etc. it would be illogical for educated people not to have concerns. My doctor is vandy med yale undergrad. He is reluctant too bc of the speed involved. He’s going to do it but it’s not easy. Most vaccines go through years of vetting

Uhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhh
Yeah exactly. I mean there’s no question we all have to do this but acting like it’s not a concern is silly. And remember we aren’t doing it for ourselves we’re doing it for others. Selfish Americans. It’s a virus that for 99 percent of us is a cold.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

This Post editorial blames the FDA, Fauci, Cuomo, and de Blasio for vaccine hesitancy but of course not their own shitty scaremongering coverage

Reactions: UncleMark
Actually, you’re on to something here. I’ve come across an alarming number of young liberals and African Americans that will not get the vaccine. They just don’t trust it since it was approved so quickly.

IMO, a large segment of Republicans won’t get it just because the perception is that liberals are for it. Science should not be a political football on either side, especially during a pandemic.
Spot on. How getting vaccinated became a pwn the libs (as UncleMark says) issue is beyond me.
In fairness this is the Republican position on most issues now

Reactions: larsIU

Vaccinated adults “may be transmitting something from their bodies” that could be impacting the “reproductive systems, fertility, and normal growth and development in women and children,” Leila Centner informed the school community. “Even among our own population, we have at least three women with menstrual cycles impacted after having spent time with a vaccinated person.” As a result, the school concluded “it is in the best interests of the children to protect them from the unknown implications of being in close proximity for the entire day with a teacher who has very recently taken the COVID-19 injection.”

Vaccinated adults “may be transmitting something from their bodies” that could be impacting the “reproductive systems, fertility, and normal growth and development in women and children,” Leila Centner informed the school community. “Even among our own population, we have at least three women with menstrual cycles impacted after having spent time with a vaccinated person.” As a result, the school concluded “it is in the best interests of the children to protect them from the unknown implications of being in close proximity for the entire day with a teacher who has very recently taken the COVID-19 injection.”
Incredibly sad we let cults teach kids.

Well, even though Covid is a new vaccine, it’s not a “new” thing. This has been studied for many, many years. You really think they’re just winging it?

If your doc is an anti-vaxer, you should find a new doc immediately.

Any medical professional worth anything should know there is nothing new in this vaccine.

I saw that this morning. That is right up there with jewish space lasers. If i had money to burn to send a kid to a private school, it definitely wouldn't be that one. I'm beginning to think private schools have a tendency to have crazy people in charge. They may be more of a "School of the Brainwashing".

No one said he’s an anti vaxxer. He is reluctant given the speed. You realize j and j has been pulled from the market right? You realize j and j has a history of fraudulent concealment right?

We should all get vaccinated but to be concerned is normal

Your blind faith in doctors and scientists is shocking. Have you not followed the current fed investigation re 15 million contaminated doses of j and j? This a current investigation into contamination at a plant making them. It’s all over the news today. Even when the science is right a dirty plant can screw it all up. We have no idea how these things are being handled. How old the ingredients are. On and on. Further Eu is now making them carry a rare blood clot warning with it. AstraZeneca has also had similar issues

Doctors and scientists. Look up Schlesinger law office in south Florida and read the results page. Those are from doctors and scientists f ups doc, including 12 mil for sticking a kid with an expired vaccine . You wouldn’t believe the stories I could tell. one firm among many.

I too believe in getting vaccinated doc but the decision to do so isn’t something to take lightly for many discriminating people. I think we all need to row together and I’m in doc but it does make me nervous given the speed etc
Take it to Facebook

But it’s just Trumpers & pubes🙄. I’ll wait for Hoops, Hickory, etc. to levy their harsh criticisms of how stupid these people are & hope they die off as well...
It’s more partisan bs. It’s blacks, gays, soccer moms, trumpers, people who just don’t want to inject shit into them, young people, on and on. It’s across party lines

It’s more partisan bs. It’s blacks, gays, soccer moms, trumpers, people who just don’t want to inject shit into them, young people, on and on. It’s across party lines
I'm running into it across all walks of life among those I associate with. Some don't surprise me, but many do. I don't try and argue with them or convince them they're wrong, I just tell them that the sooner we get most people vaccinated the sooner we can get back to normal, and they should think about doing their part.

Reactions: Schnitzelbonkers
I'm running into it across all walks of life among those I associate with. Some don't surprise me, but many do. I don't try and argue with them or convince them they're wrong, I just tell them that the sooner we get most people vaccinated the sooner we can get back to normal, and they should think about doing their part.
That’s all you can do. This year put a spotlight on all the crazies among us

Speaking of which... Q Tips rushing to the forefront of the Looney Bin Brigade...

You are one of the crazies for following that crap. You should throw your computer and phone away. You’re lost my friend. You need a reboot

Last edited:
You are one of the crazies for following that crap.
I don't read the NYT and I'd agree that they wouldn't be the most unbiased source. But the argument that right wing nutjobs are determined to use disinformation to undermine confidence in vaccines is objectively true. Every right wing nutjob I know is passing along crazy stories on messenger and email. This includes my sister, my brother, my nephew, some cousins, many in-laws, a former pastor, one nutty co-worker. Going further, I can't think of a single right winger that I know who ISN'T buying into (and spreading) the nonsense. And, yes... a few moderates and even lefties are also buying into the nonsense.

I don't read the NYT and I'd agree that they wouldn't be the most unbiased source. But the argument that right wing nutjobs are determined to use disinformation to undermine confidence in vaccines is objectively true. Every right wing nutjob I know is passing along crazy stories on messenger and email. This includes my sister, my brother, my nephew, some cousins, many in-laws, a former pastor, one nutty co-worker. Going further, I can't think of a single right winger that I know who ISN'T buying into (and spreading) the nonsense. And, yes... a few moderates and even lefties are also buying into the nonsense.
I know a ton of right wingers. All vaccinated. There’s also a ton of black people in Stl. Local news said their vaccination numbers are staggeringly low. And liberal soccer moms at my kid’s school who “don’t do vaccines.” And what about lgbqt refusing to get it. To pick out “right wingers” as cited repeatedly in this thread without noting all the other group’s is more political BS - but par for the course for cosmic and you. Dual Airbags ....

I know a ton of right wingers. All vaccinated. There’s also a ton of black people in Stl. Local news said their vaccination numbers are staggeringly low. And liberal soccer moms at my kid’s school who “don’t do vaccines.” And what about lgbqt refusing to get it. To pick out “right wingers” as cited repeatedly in this thread without noting all the other group’s is more political BS - but par for the course for cosmic and you. Dual Airbags ....

Of course those refusing to be vaccinated are not a monolith. It’s just like the anti mask crowd. They came from all over the spectrum. However, just like the mask bull shit, the right wingers who are anti vaccine are doing so so for political reasons. Like Spartan said in another thread, the GOP has no policy goals, just to piss off the left.

Reactions: DrHoops
Of course those refusing to be vaccinated are not a monolith. It’s just like the anti mask crowd. They came from all over the spectrum. However, just like the mask bull shit, the right wingers who are anti vaccine are doing so so for political reasons. Like Spartan said in another thread, the GOP has no policy goals, just to piss off the left.

For sure. But the goal remains the same: to get as many vaccinated as possible. To only cite right wingers is political in and of itself and immaterial to the goal. All these damn blacks and gays from the left are slowing us down. Why isn’t dem leadership actively pushing a campaign to get them vaccinated?!! Are they complicit in keeping Covid going? Who cares what the political motivation is - the result is the same. Anything can be made political

Last edited:
The ones that really burn me are anyone who commented on the having to wear masks, the lockdowns, the vaccine timelines, blah blah blah but then don't immediately sign up to get the vaccine. What you waiting for. This shit's all over once enough people are vaccinated.

Oh what's that? You don't trust it yet you slather yourself in essential oils and take raspberry ketones for weight loss or whatever other shit Dr. Oz wants to sell you .

Charlatans. The lot of em.

To pick out “right wingers” ... is more political BS
Look at every poll on vaccine hesitancy. GOP voters are high up in every single poll. So are blacks, poor, rural, and evangelicals, so it's not just ring-wingers. But they are indeed solidly in the club, and seemingly the most vocal members of the club.

Look at every poll on vaccine hesitancy. GOP voters are high up in every single poll. So are blacks, poor, rural, and evangelicals, so it's not just ring-wingers. But they are indeed solidly in the club, and seemingly the most vocal members of the club.
Polls.... Absolutely they are one of a number of groups. Some of the other groups are clearly left. Where is the campaign to get blacks and gays vaccinated at higher numbers. Why isn’t biden chastising them? Why aren’t you and cosmic linking articles about them. Well bc it just doesn’t fit for you. And that’s the problem with our country in a nutshell. We no longer view things holistically - we just point at who we don’t like and blame them for their part

Last edited:
Reactions: mushroomgod_1

From the Post:

“The focus group revealed another unexpected development: Most participants said they would want a fake vaccination cardthat would allow them to claim they had received shots, after Luntz granted them anonymity to speak honestly.”

“One-thousand percent,” one woman said. “If I have a fake vaccine card, yeah, I can go anywhere,” added a man who said he had turned down free New York Yankees tickets because of the team’s requirement to show proof of vaccination to attend games. Other participants said they wanted a fake card to attend concerts and go on trips, citing the growing number of organizations saying they will require proof of shots.”

Prepare to wear your masks for a lot longer fellas. Our fate is in the hands of morons.
Are you asking about duration of immunity? Yeah, still unknown. But people vaccinated in September still have good immunity. So we can say at least 7 months. It will probably be years, but that can get stopped by unvaccinated people incubating variants, tossing immunity out the window.
Vacaniation = freedom of with your body.

I saw that this morning. That is right up there with jewish space lasers. If i had money to burn to send a kid to a private school, it definitely wouldn't be that one. I'm beginning to think private schools have a tendency to have crazy people in charge. They may be more of a "School of the Brainwashing".

Ironic you would say that. Are you not aware of the bs that's going on in public schools? Sure you are. You just approve of it.

If Biden came out tomorrow and said fully vaccinated people can resume a mask less, un-distanced life 100%, would that help kick the lagging young population into gear? I think it probably would.

But how do you enforce such a thing without some sort of unconstitutional, draconian passport?

In seeking herd immunity can you add those infected previously with those vaccinated?

What I've read is that people who have previously had COVID have the same level of protection after 1 vaccination as others after both vaccinations. Since it is already more dangerous for those folks, why force them to have 2 vaccinations?

But nobody is saying this, because they just want unthinking obedience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT