ADVERTISEMENT

Reluctantly Tom Allen needs a vote of confidence.

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
They're 20 million reasons why Tom Allen should not be let go this year. The Hoosiers are now a team that relies on the portal.

I can see Tom Allen meeting seven wins next year to save his job but don't throw the baby out with the bath water this year. Either fire him right after the Purdue game or give him a vote of confidence for the 2024 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I checked the game with 2:40 left and IU up 21-17 and I KNEW IU would lose 24-21, its what this program has done for decades. Why any kid worth a dime would come to IU is beyond me. And now we get to watch IU basketball get blasted tomorrow because they don't have a coach with a clue either. UCONN by 35.

I can see Tom Allen meeting seven wins next year to save his job but don't throw the baby out with the bath water this year. Either fire him right after the Purdue game or give him a vote of confidence for the 2024 season.

If he's not fired within 24 hours of the end of the Purdue game, that's all you'll need to know he's staying. No bullshit "vote of confidence" needs to be made. "Tom Allen is our football coach" is all that needs to be said.

Waiting a year might save $13 mill on Allen’s buyout, but the recovery/rebuild by the next head coach (thinking optimistically) will be much harder than if Allen is let go after the Purdue game.

If he's not fired within 24 hours of the end of the Purdue game, that's all you'll need to know he's staying. No bullshit "vote of confidence" needs to be made. "Tom Allen is our football coach" is all that needs to be said.
I think by definition if they say "Tom Allen is our football coach" that is a vote of confidence".

They're 20 million reasons why Tom Allen should not be let go this year. The Hoosiers are now a team that relies on the portal.

Doesn't have to be $20M, and it won't be when his buyout is negotiated. Try $10M. My source is pretty connected and I believe accurate.
This can't continue another season.

Toilet bowl for sure. Two awful teams and they are without 'the best QB in the division".

Oh….so their backup is playing in the Bucket?

Well, that means only one thing: that guy will have a career passing game on our pathetic misfit secondary. That’s what IU does. Make guys who have never played look like All Americans in an instant.

Doesn't have to be $20M, and it won't be when his buyout is negotiated. Try $10M. My source is pretty connected and I believe accurate.
I sure hope you’re right.I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple years now.
At this point it’s obvious he is in way over his head.He is no better at in game coaching than he was 7 years ago.

I sure hope you’re right.I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple years now.
At this point it’s obvious he is in way over his head.He is no better at in game coaching than he was 7 years ago.
Icing his own kicker before half is what I will remember of him.

Several of the players dads moved down in front of us in the 4th quarter. I was trying to be nice and not be too critical. When Allen called timeout to rethink the FG and go for the first down, one dad turned to me and said something about Allen icing the kicker again.

Who would want to play for Allen?

Good to hear. I hope they have a plan already in place, if not a successor candidate already identified. The money is a PITA, but it's only an impediment if they make it one.

Next year's schedule looks easier and we're going to be bringing back a QB with experience.

This team isn't far off as evident by the last 4 games.

Bucket game should be competitive. Then again I thought that in 2008.

Oh….so their backup is playing in the Bucket?

Well, that means only one thing: that guy will have a career passing game on our pathetic misfit secondary. That’s what IU does. Make guys who have never played look like All Americans in an instant.
I don't know...I hear he did not play today.

Next year's schedule looks easier and we're going to be bringing back a QB with experience.

This team is really far off. Not close actually. And, it’s got the worst possible head coach leading them.

Reactions: IUgradman

It’s going to be the same thing. 20+ into the portal and we’ll get 20+ out of the portal. We no longer develop players… Just look for a quick fix.

If IU doesn't want to wait and make things worse, they need to cut coach Allen lose today or very soon. This program needs to be shook up getting them to play better. I want IU to improve and play top teams getting upsets at times and I don't know how many years I have to see IU at the top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT