ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting potential flip?

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Any chance we can get Center Grove DE Booker to flip from MN to IU? Don’t row the boat to nowhere when you can represent your state in a program on the rise!
Not sure if the Pike DE Montgomery committed to Mizzou is an IU potential either. But I hope all top Indiana kids start re-thinking the Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

I'm surprised that Allen hasn't reeled in a few upper echelon recruits given our season. Tom Allen has a real charm, he should parlay this season into a recruiting bonanza as far as I'm concerned.

Any chance we can get Center Grove DE Booker to flip from MN to IU? Don’t row the boat to nowhere when you can represent your state in a program on the rise!
Not sure if the Pike DE Montgomery committed to Mizzou is an IU potential either. But I hope all top Indiana kids start re-thinking the Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
If, and that is a big if, he flips, I would be watching for Oregon.

Reactions: vesuvius13

I can’t believe anyone would want to go play in Minnesota. Cold AF there.

When you have the amount of air time, compliments being handed out....let alone LeBron James tweeting his respect for Tom Allen and IU.....we should be able to capitalize on this as we go on.

It would be great to get 2 DE's and 2 OL to either transfer in or flip from other schools for this recruiting class.

Since it is late for the 2021 class I would think the plan would be to get some grad transfers in and hit the 2022 class hard based on the past 2 years success and all the positive press.

The only problem is if they were the difference makers we need for DE they would probably be headed for the draft this year.

At least that is my thought...

It would be great to get 2 DE's and 2 OL to either transfer in or flip from other schools for this recruiting class.

Since it is late for the 2021 class I would think the plan would be to get some grad transfers in and hit the 2022 class hard based on the past 2 years success and all the positive press.

The only problem is if they were the difference makers we need for DE they would probably be headed for the draft this year.

At least that is my thought...
maybe the NCAA will open up the transfer rules for all classes for next year

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
It's been known for a long time that, due to a lack of available scholarships, the 2021 class is going to be very small. It's been pretty much full since summer and I can't imagine CTA going all Arizona State and reneging on players who have already committed.

Also, as far as I know, the NCAA has not yet explained how many team scholarships are going to be permitted in 2022. Will it be above 85, given the fact that everyone is getting a "do-over" for 2020? Who knows? I don't think the NCAA has said. I think they should have said that teams will have, for example, 100 for 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 and then the number will drop back down to 85 or whatever from then on.

I've assumed that CTA is going to be very careful to not have so many active scholarships at the end of 2021 that it severely limits his recruiting opportunities for 2022 if the NCAA doesn't adjust the numbers. I think he will proceed with caution.

I have a feeling that many schools' rosters are going to become unbalanced (in terms of numbers of seniors, juniors, and so on) because of the "do-over." I think CTA is trying hard to avoid that. But, again, 2021 was always going to be a very small class for IU because there are so few seniors.

If I was in charge, I would say that scholarships don't count for any players that use the extra year when they are on that extra year.

So if their eligibility expires in 2023 but get to stay to 2024 because of the free year, then their scholarship doesn't count for 2024 against the 85 limit.

So scholarships would count for the duration of their original eligibility but not when they are using their free year.

Reactions: Tokyo Steve
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT