ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Coaching Landscape

Middawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2020
I contend the opportunity exists for the right HC hire to spin straw into gold for IU in the Big Ten over the course of the next several years.

Hoping Dolson can articulate the Big Ten landscape to potential hires.

Some notes by team.

Ohio St. Restless fanbase, HC born on 3rd base.

Michigan. Hammer still above Harbaugh's head? Does he coach UM next season?

Penn St. Restless fanbase playing third fiddle. OC mid season change, near loss to IU is eye opening.

Maryland. Generational for Maryland QB will be gone right? Limited fan/NIL support.

Rutgers. Good, tough coach, talent issues, will he jump at another opportunity to leave Jersey?

Mich St. New coach, new system? What's the program cleanup look like as they move further away from their successful seasons.

Purdue. New Defensive coach/system. Talent deficit, NIL deficit as it all went to feeding Edey.

Illinois. Regression after an upswing from '22. Heart attack waiting to happen.

Iowa. Will he coach forever? Somewhat restless fanbase over horrendous Offense and nepotism.

Nebraska. Great fan support but terrible and borderline embarrassing results for 20+ seasons.

Wisconsin. Noticeable '23 decline, lowlight losing to IU, trending down?

Northwestern. Program and Coaching overhaul, usual talent deficient. Does the near billion dollar stadium attract talent? It's Northwestern.

Minnesota. Does Fleck row the boat down the Mississippi to SEC country if offered? Not much recruiting out of Minny.

USC. Fanbase not pleased with generational QB surrounded by a terrible defense and team.

Washington. Loses a Heisman caliber QB. Does Deboer have an eye on a Clemson, Alabama, or Georgia job?

UCLA. I know nothing about them, hope those long road trips to play in miserable weather aren't appetizing

Oregon. Will spend their way to the top half, Nike founder is like 90 years old though so what's that look like when he departs?

I had my doubts about Dolson but he hit this hire out of the park as far as I am concerned. Posters wanted DeBoer to take the job but Cignetti could be an improved DeBoer. DeBoer to a Washington program that won 4 games and turned them into PAC12 powers in the first year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT