ADVERTISEMENT

New DE in Portal from Minny w/dual IU Ties

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
Austin Booker from Center Grove. Went to MN - I believe when Wilt was the DE coach there who I presume recruited him? He's an Indiana kid with ties to Wilt and I'm almost certain IU wanted him coming out of HS. IU could for sure use a good DE (losing Head and Alfred Bryant this year). Let's hope year of change can be good one for IU starting with portal prospects!!

Austin Booker from Center Grove. Went to MN - I believe when Wilt was the DE coach there who I presume recruited him? He's an Indiana kid with ties to Wilt and I'm almost certain IU wanted him coming out of HS. IU could for sure use a good DE (losing Head and Alfred Bryant this year). Let's hope year of change can be good one for IU starting with portal prospects!!
Thought his Dad had some connection there. Hope it was Wilt.

Reactions: vesuvius13
He played in 6 games this season and had a total of 2 tackles (one of which was solo) this year. Does he have a lot of potential…..I have no idea but his stats don’t make my heart race.

Yeah... nothing special.....

But, in IU"s favor - His dad played f'ball at Liberty before Wilt, but Wilt was the DL coach there for 2 years....

His mom played b'ball at Taylor Univ. were Wilt played and Wilt's dad coached for 12 years ...

Obviously brought up with a strong religious background and close ties to Wilt which would be a big plus for IU....

but,... if he's not playing at Minny odds are it would be tough for him to be much, if any, help at IU.

Last edited:
We recruited him hard out of high school. Was a very good player at CG.

I would be worried about him being a reach for IU as they don't need to have any more with potential but with the chops to play well now. I don't know enough about him, or IU needs for 2023 to say yes or no on getting him to IU.

Reactions: jsenleo
Let’s hope we can land Booker and keep positive dominoes falling!
McGraw really liked Mark during his recruitment, so the chance to reset his career and be coached by him was an easy one for him. I know we reached out, but I’m not sure we broke a sweat trying to get him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT