ADVERTISEMENT

RBG undergoes another cancer surgery

Lung cancer. I don't see her surviving until Trump leaves office. Serious problem for Democrats.
Why? They were removed, no further treatment necessary, and she voted from her hospital bed. RBG is a badass.

Lung cancer. I don't see her surviving until Trump leaves office. Serious problem for Democrats.
Besides Trump could be leaving office next week. Who knows with his nonsense. He’s probably jealous everyone else gets to just quit in his administration but him.

It's pretty morbid to make this kind of sterile post about someone's life, but it's also pretty despicable to respond to your post with a like. So I guess your sin is the lesser.
Life sucks and then you die? It's interesting how those who criticize others about living in an un-reality bubble have a problem facing reality. Reality like, maybe Democrats should get real and stop blaming others for their problems. A 6-3 SC with at least one third of the conservative judges morally corrupt is a serious problem for this nation. I guess someone needs to spell that out for you.

Last edited:
Why? They were removed, no further treatment necessary, and she voted from her hospital bed. RBG is a badass.
She is. I guess I've lost one too many friends to agonizing lung cancer.
Besides Trump could be leaving office next week. Who knows with his nonsense. He’s probably jealous everyone else gets to just quit in his administration but him.
Let's hope, but how would that help? Pence is worse than Trump in many ways.

She is. I guess I've lost one too many friends to agonizing lung cancer.
Let's hope, but how would that help? Pence is worse than Trump in many ways.
I’ve lost friends to it too, but she s had pancreatic cancer years ago, and that is usually a death sentence. Doctor said no treatment necessary, so I assume they think they got it all. Of course with cancer you never know. Pence is sane. That’s how it would help.

Last edited:
I’ve lost friends to it too, but she was had pancreatic cancer years ago, and that is usually a death sentence. Doctor said no treatment necessary, so I assume they think they got it all. Of course with cancer you never know. Pence is sane. That’s how it would help.
RBG is a tough woman and I wish a total recovery for her. I hope she retires when she wants to retire.

I saw a special on RBG recently, and it really increased my respect for her. I do not agree with much of what she says from the bench, but that is ok. I wish her well, and a full recovery.
Was it the RBG documentary? I learned a lot about her from it.

I saw a special on RBG recently, and it really increased my respect for her. I do not agree with much of what she says from the bench, but that is ok. I wish her well, and a full recovery.
She and Scalia were really good friends even if they were politically opposite.

The cancerous nodes were only found because she fell and broke her ribs... and a scan picked them up as part of that recovery. Actually much more likely this saved/extended her life....otherwise not being found for months/years later.
There is also a relatively high risk of invisible in addition to visible disease. This is the main reason why the cure rate for even stage 1 disease is 75% and not 100%. Surgery is potentially curative for early stage disease, and a combination of treatments (often chemo and radiation, or chemo with or without radiation followed by surgery) are potentially curative for stage III NSCLC, but lung cancer has a significant risk of having spread at a microscopic level -- in other words, there is a significant risk of invisible disease in addition to visible disease. The best surgery and radiation won't treat microscopic disease that has spread distantly throughout the body. The higher the stage of the cancer, the higher the chance that the cancer has spread and isn't truly curable, even if it appears it might be.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT