ADVERTISEMENT

Rashawn Williams

Step 1 is getting the commitment, step 2 is having a good season and keeping the commitment.

It will be more difficult for other schools to negatively recruit after a 7 or 8 win season. Plus, a player of that caliber can help get the attention of other high end talent.

Love it!!!!! Takes some of the sting out of losing David Bell this year. Think Westbook/Hale are going to have tremendous years this year and we have some 6'4/6'5 youngster's coming up behind them. And now adding Rashawn to our 2-4 Star QB's and things are looking up!

And yes, Coach Allen IS making things happen. People want to see things overnight, but it doesn't work that way, it does take 3-4 years to gauge real status of things. I believe we will see real fruits of labor start to show this season.

And Names will be on the jersey's too! (That good karma will continue forward!)

Love it!!!!! Takes some of the sting out of losing David Bell this year. Think Westbook/Hale are going to have tremendous years this year and we have some 6'4/6'5 youngster's coming up behind them. And now adding Rashawn to our 2-4 Star QB's and things are looking up!

And yes, Coach Allen IS making things happen. People want to see things overnight, but it doesn't work that way, it does take 3-4 years to gauge real status of things. I believe we will see real fruits of labor start to show this season.

And Names will be on the jersey's too! (That good karma will continue forward!)
It absolutely takes years for a program to start to build from where we were. I see a upward trend that I haven't seen in a while! I'm loving it!

Right. His quotes about why Indiana seem pretty solid. Plus he had offers from Michigan, OSU and MSU. So it's not like he was waiting on bigger programs.

I think IU has a good chance to hold on to him. I could see losing him to Michigan if they whiff on a couple more WRs and decide to circle back to Williams with a full court press. But at least at the moment I don’t see any reason to think he won’t be a Hoosier next year.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Here are the things I dug up on the Purdue board.

1. He’ll De-Commit after our 4 win season.
2. We will only win 2 Big Ten games.
3. He would never sniff the field at Purdue.
4. Wait till he sees the bucket game.
5. They didn’t want him anyways.
6. Tom Allen will be fired after next season.

yeah, Westbrook and Hale will be horrible! they need to worry about who is going to get the ball to Moore!

I think Sindelar will at the very least be adequate at the QB spot, whereas the biggest question for Purdue is whether their OL/RBs can generate a run game and pass protect Sindelar.

Reactions: vesuvius13

I think playing time was the biggest factor for this kid, and credit to the coaching staff he obviously feels good with them too. I have said many times before on here I think Allen is doing a good job (Archie I am not convinced). He's definitely a good get. Now what you hope for is he pulls some other friends along for the ride.

He reminds me of Chad Jo...I mean, Ochocinco, his build, intensirty, the way he plays, his attitude. Hope he plays just like Eightfive too.

I think playing time was the biggest factor for this kid, and credit to the coaching staff he obviously feels good with them too. I have said many times before on here I think Allen is doing a good job (Archie I am not convinced). He's definitely a good get. Now what you hope for is he pulls some other friends along for the ride.

I have no problem with you. You seem like a reasonable fan.

And all of those things COULD happen. I think you need a Tardis to find the universe in which they will happen but, they could ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT