ADVERTISEMENT

Rand Pauls yard waste

Crayfish57

All-American
Sep 18, 2013
I am starting a new thread on this. I don't know the details and not one person does of the Pelosi situation and I never said it was a good thing that happened and obviously a person with mental problems.

Since @Stuffshot is trying to say it was OK for Rand's neighbor to attack him for piling yard waste too close to HIS own property line I just have to wonder. So just how close to piling yard waste on your own property makes a physical attack OK? Does anyone really think that was the real reason? I have a neighbor that piles his on MY property. Does that mean it would be OK for me to physically assault him?

I can't even see where this all came into that thread I can no longer post in but does playing on a baseball team for one party warrant getting shot?

Liberals are jumping on this like hyenas

I am starting a new thread on this. I don't know the details and not one person does of the Pelosi situation and I never said it was a good thing that happened and obviously a person with mental problems.

Since @Stuffshot is trying to say it was OK for Rand's neighbor to attack him for piling yard waste too close to HIS own property line I just have to wonder. So just how close to piling yard waste on your own property makes a physical attack OK? Does anyone really think that was the real reason? I have a neighbor that piles his on MY property. Does that mean it would be OK for me to physically assault him?

I can't even see where this all came into that thread I can no longer post in but does playing on a baseball team for one party warrant getting shot?

My property is nothing but piles of yard waste. I dare any neighbor to make a deal of it.

Here's what I posted:

"He was personally acquainted with Paul and thought he should have dumped his yard waste farther from the property line. It was a purely personal dispute, no politics involved."

I never said it was OK, and you never learned to read or think.

Here's what I posted:

"He was personally acquainted with Paul and thought he should have dumped his yard waste farther from the property line. It was a purely personal dispute, no politics involved."

I never said it was OK, and you never learned to read or think.
So your source was what you chose to post that and that makes it fact? I just want to get this right so I understand just how your mind works

Reactions: vesuvius13
Doesn't work in my neighborhood. Dirty looks from neighbors. Doesn't look as nice.
Let me flesh this out. They are organic material. They will decompose. They will provide nutrients for your lawn next year. There is no earthly or heavenly reason to get rid of them. Raking and disposing of leaves is one of the most stupid things our society does and is a sign of our future downfall as a species.

Collect them & place them in the road for the city to dispose.
I collect them and compost them or use them to overwinter my banana trees. I even snag neighbor’s sleeves at night when they put them out at the street in bags

Reactions: jet812
Cray thanks for bringing up a 2017 dispute that deserved a new thread but for me it is the gunfight at the OK corral. I think the Clanton's get a bum rap and it was the Earp's that were the aggressors. So unfair.

@Crayfish57 after the responses of moderators and others in your thread you should feel to have open season to blow up any thread you like. There should be no fear of deletions, warnings, locks out of threads or bans.

You should do whatever you please without consequences. Of course we know “rules are for thee not for me”.

@Crayfish57 after the responses of moderators and others in your thread you should feel to have open season to blow up any thread you like. There should be no fear of deletions, warnings, locks out of threads or bans.

You should do whatever you please without consequences. Of course we know “rules are for thee not for me”.
Awww, an invitation from stoll to join him in Victimsburg, with the rest of the GOP.

So your source was what you chose to post that and that makes it fact? I just want to get this right so I understand just how your mind works
Well, yes, that was my source since I was responding to destroy your silly claim (in your original Post No. 1) that "Stuffshot is trying to say it was OK for Rand's neighbor to attack him for piling yard waste too close to HIS own property line".

Obviously, to even minimally-trained readers, my actual words do not indicate that I was "trying to say it was OK for Rand's neighbor to attack him" as you falsely accused. So, of course, my words were the source.

Don't you think my methodology was highly effective?

Let me flesh this out. They are organic material. They will decompose. They will provide nutrients for your lawn next year. There is no earthly or heavenly reason to get rid of them. Raking and disposing of leaves is one of the most stupid things our society does and is a sign of our future downfall as a species.
I understand all of that.

Now, since this thread has reminded me, off to blow my leaves out into the street.

They decompose. You don't need to do anything with them. Just leave them there. Free fertilizer for next year.
You're mostly correct, but it depends on the leaves and whether or not you want to have grass in the lawn next spring.

Our culprits are these beautiful sugar maples with zillions of leaves nearly the size of dinner plates. If not raked and mulched, the snow packs them down solid over the winter so they kill the grass underneath.

You're mostly correct, but it depends on the leaves and whether or not you want to have grass in the lawn next spring.

Our culprits are these beautiful sugar maples with zillions of leaves nearly the size of dinner plates. If not raked and mulched, the snow packs them down solid over the winter so they kill the grass underneath.
Ah. See, I hate grass, anyway. So no problem for me.

WTF are you being a whiny little girl about, now?

If they are thick they will stifle the growth of grass, even if mulched.
This is the correct response. Mowing/mulching works until the big dump of leaves. I can mow/mulch every other day until 11/10-11/11 (like clockwork, every fvckin’ year) when the monster 110-year-old Oak in the front yard dumps a massive amount of leaves. Can’t get the mower through in some areas and in others the shredded leaves still leave an impenetrable layer.

You can only do so much and then you have to remove a significant portion. Blow ‘em onto a large tarp and drag full loads back to the woods behind the house. It’s never “just mow and let then decompose.” A couple of small trees might allow for this, but not a yard with a lot of large, mature trees. There is no one-size fits all situations. To claim otherwise is foolish. Not interested in killing the grass by foolishly hoping the leaves will all decompose.

If they are thick they will stifle the growth of grass, even if mulched.

Depends upon the amount and property. I have huge old trees and a forest across the street.... I've gone with mulching them up last few years.... but there are so many I have to do it every few days this time of year. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 passes with the mower, so still a PITA.

Just leaving them out, as-is would not be an acceptable look, plus would absolutely suffocate the turf. Mulching is good free fertilizer.

Reactions: UncleMark
This is the correct response. Mowing/mulching works until the big dump of leaves. I can mow/mulch every other day until 11/10-11/11 (like clockwork, every fvckin’ year) when the monster 110-year-old Oak in the front yard dumps a massive amount of leaves. Can’t get the mower through in some areas and in others the shredded leaves still leave an impenetrable layer.

You can only do so much and then you have to remove a significant portion. Blow ‘em onto a large tarp and drag full loads back to the woods behind the house. It’s never “just mow and let then decompose.” A couple of small trees might allow for this, but not a yard with a lot of large, mature trees. There is no one-size fits all situations. To claim otherwise is foolish. Not interested in killing the grass by foolishly hoping the leaves will all decompose.

Yes, I've got a 100 year old maple that dumps in mid-November. Fortunately it's mostly over a large mulched area, and not lawn, but it's still ends up like an ankle deep blanket. Also have a huge magnolia tree, and magnolia leaves are large and dense. Leaving them be would kill any turf grass. So I mulch the shit out of them every 2-3 days.

Reactions: Univee2
Depends upon the amount and property. I have huge old trees and a forest across the street.... I've gone with mulching them up last few years.... but there are so many I have to do it every few days this time of year. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 passes with the mower, so still a PITA.

Just leaving them out, as-is would not be an acceptable look, plus would absolutely suffocate the turf. Mulching is good free fertilizer.
Unfortunately, leaves are very acidic and grass like a positive PH so at best they are about a wash for your yard. The best thing you can do for your yard is to put down lots of lime-grass loves that.

Unfortunately, leaves are very acidic and grass like a positive PH so at best they are about a wash for your yard. The best thing you can do for your yard is to put down lots of lime-grass loves that.
Lime? When, now?

Yes, I've got a 100 year old maple that dumps in mid-November. Fortunately it's mostly over a large mulched area, and not lawn, but it's still ends up like an ankle deep blanket. Also have a huge magnolia tree, and magnolia leaves are large and dense. Leaving them be would kill any turf grass. So I mulch the shit out of them every 2-3 days.
My entire yard is surrounded by oaks and maples. Live a few blocks from a forest preserve and my neighborhood is like a cleared out forest, with giant old tree everywhere. It's beautiful, but makes fall clean up a bitch.

Also, giant dead/dying trees are very expensive to have removed. About $10k.

Reactions: larsIU and twenty02
My entire yard is surrounded by oaks and maples. Live a few blocks from a forest preserve and my neighborhood is like a cleared out forest, with giant old tree everywhere. It's beautiful, but makes fall clean up a bitch.

Also, giant dead/dying trees are very expensive to have removed. About $10k.
Oaks are beautiful but take forever to grow. It's sad to see them cut imo.

Oaks are beautiful but take forever to grow. It's sad to see them cut imo.
Without a doubt. We had a giant one taken down on the corner of my lot last year. Sad day. Was easily over 100 years old, but we had no choice. A fungus had gotten into it, and the base was hollowing out and it was going to fall onto my neighbor's house.

Reactions: Bill4411
Without a doubt. We had a giant one taken down on the corner of my lot last year. Sad day. Was easily over 100 years old, but we had no choice. A fungus had gotten into it, and the base was hollowing out and it was going to fall onto my neighbor's house.

Sounds like a neighbor problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT