ADVERTISEMENT

Raise your hand

They all want to know my opinion on IU basketball because I follow it more than them and very invested into IU bball. Basically the exact opposite of you.

I am not only a season ticket holder that travels to multiple away games. I also buy and sell tickets as a side hustle that now has become a decent size money investment. I watch almost every second of ALL big ten games. You dont know shit about big ten basketball but do quick searches on kenpom and other sites to try to act like you know what youre talking about. Very annoying. I will be here to call you on your BS, like no1 you know is concerned about Archie, well that's because you dont know anyone who gives a F about IU bball. That is pretty obvious.
I know Aloha and he commanded officers and sailors in the Navy. He is a very respected man and he earned it. You want respect because you hustle tickets and brag about yourself on a message board. That's not how it works. You seem like a little ankle biting dog barking at a Rottweiler. That is very annoying.

Yes Archie has the program trending in the right direction. The problem is that at the rate we are improving we won't be a top 10 team for another 30 years. Good lord people, get your head out of the sand!

I know Aloha and he commanded officers and sailors in the Navy. He is a very respected man and he earned it. You want respect because you hustle tickets and brag about yourself on a message board. That's not how it works. You seem like a little ankle biting dog barking at a Rottweiler. That is very annoying.

Man. Who gives a F about what he has done in the Navy? This is an IU bball board. The only thing you should give a F about is does this guy know what he is talking about in terms of Basketball. Go to the water cooler or OTF if you want to talk about life and respect. He doesnt know shit about big ten basketball. I mean it is very easy to tell he use to be a pretty big fan but has straight mailed it in the last few decades. He doesnt give a shit about the results, and thinks good progress is being made.

I am a diehard fan, if you think otherwise you are a fool. Who cares if you like me, me hustling tickets means I need to know how good or not IU is because it effects the market significantly. I have to understand it to maximize my profit. Right now tickets would be about free for our next game.

Reactions: Radio Zero
your IU grad friends, all five of them, don’t follow the sport very hard if they want to keep Archie. Almost all of my friends, a good 50 or so, mostly frat guys, all think IU sucks. Every single one. Now maybe that’s because I start the conversation off with good ****ing lord we suck, but they all agree. I don’t have one guy that is in wait and see mode for IU. They all see the glaring obvious future when TJD bolts after this year. That progress you talk about, you honestly think next year is gonna be better than this year? This is the year archie needs to show what he can do with talent, the roster is not improving in the future, it is peaking right now.

Elite 8 baby!

Mediocre win? This penn state team throttled VT, lost at Michigan by four..... these are going to be normal type games even at the bottom of the B1G. This is the year where last place will still have chances to beat anyone. This team will be in every game played they just have to close it out. Turnovers and free throws will be the deciding factors in most games.

and that little ankle biting dog remark. Please. I get more outspoken in person. My grandfather was a E-9 in the Navy and shot down planes in WWII. That is right plural. That deserves respect. Who did Hawaii go fight and kill?

Mediocre win? This penn state team throttled VT, lost at Michigan by four..... these are going to be normal type games even at the bottom of the B1G. This is the year where last place will still have chances to beat anyone. This team will be in every game played they just have to close it out. Turnovers and free throws will be the deciding factors in most games.

This team will get blown out at least 3 or 4 times this year. They will for sure not be in all the games. The O will go cold and teams will go on huge runs on us.

This team will get blown out at least 3 or 4 times this year. They will for sure not be in all the games. The O will go cold and teams will go on huge runs on us.
Well that’s not horrible. I mean it is a long road. Just hope we can win those close ones.

Man. Who gives a F about what he has done in the Navy? This is an IU bball board. The only thing you should give a F about is does this guy know what he is talking about in terms of Basketball. Go to the water cooler or OTF if you want to talk about life and respect. He doesnt know shit about big ten basketball. I mean it is very easy to tell he use to be a pretty big fan but has straight mailed it in the last few decades. He doesnt give a shit about the results, and thinks good progress is being made.

I am a diehard fan, if you think otherwise you are a fool. Who cares if you like me, me hustling tickets means I need to know how good or not IU is because it effects the market significantly. I have to understand it to maximize my profit. Right now tickets would be about free for our next game.
It isn't about liking you or not. I don't think I would if I met you if you're like you are here but that's not the point. I'm telling you that you earn respect and you're not earning it. You can brag about all you think you know and the tickets you hustle but that's not going to do it. When I read your posts I see a toy poodle barking at Rottweilers.

I think I'll put you on ignore. I don't see a lot of value in your posts. But do you man.

Well thanks, but he doesn't need to know me and I don't need to know him. He is what he is. I think you nailed it about the little dog and big dog thing. I probably won't be able to read his posts without thinking about a little dog:

big%20dog%20fighting%20little%20dog.jpg

Happy New Year to you and the family Bing!

You're not a bigger fan than me or anyone else here. You're just driven by your emotions and bark loudly. Carry on.

It isn't about liking you or not. I don't think I would if I met you if you're like you are here but that's not the point. I'm telling you that you earn respect and you're not earning it. You can brag about all you think you know and the tickets you hustle but that's not going to do it. When I read your posts I see a toy poodle barking at Rottweilers.

I think I'll put you on ignore. I don't see a lot of value in your posts. But do you man.

Well you dont earn my respect about basketball knowledge by commanding guys in the Navy. You do you boo boo

You're not a bigger fan than me or anyone else here. You're just driven by your emotions and bark loudly. Carry on.

Keep being a loser, I won't settle. Hope you are able to catch a few IU games on TV next year! If not the box score will be available for ya!

You can only not see progress if you willfully ignore the objective facts and statistics. I can’t help you with your problem there.
I think we need to take the Middle Eastern or Chinese approach to the basketball program. If the IU basketball program is to return to the pinnacle of college basketball, it will most likely occur after many life times. Certainly, not in the lifetime of one man. Maybe, it will happen during our grandson's lives. Then again, it may happen during the lives of our grandson's grandsons. One thing is certain, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Well thanks, but he doesn't need to know me and I don't need to know him. He is what he is. I think you nailed it about the little dog and big dog thing. I probably won't be able to read his posts without thinking about a little dog:

big%20dog%20fighting%20little%20dog.jpg

Happy New Year to you and the family Bing!
That picture is perfect! Happy New Years to you and the family too! We need to get together for a few drinks soon as COVID allows it.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

CLARIFICATION: do not come to the AOTF to talk about respect! I don't want anyone to have false expectations!

Reactions: T.M.P. and Cavanagh
Keep being a loser, I won't settle. Hope you are able to catch a few IU games on TV next year! If not the box score will be available for ya!
Before I move on, I've watched every televised IU game and have since before I started at IU in 1979 (didn't miss attending a home game while at IU) graduated in 1983, and throughout my Navy career - even during my five years living overseas or when on one of my seven deployments. If I could see it live I did, even getting up in the middle of the night while living in Japan to see them on AFRTS. If I couldn't see it live I saw it when I got the tapes from one of my "five" IU friends in the mail. That might mean a few weeks delay, but I watched every game that was televised even if I knew IU had lost. When streaming options became available I watched them that way. My last ship we could watch the games live at sea - which was nice. Between assignments I managed to get back to Bloomington to attend a game many times. Bottom line is that I had to make an effort to watch IU play because of what I did. That's what a fan does. It's no effort now and I still don't miss a game. Now carry on.

Before I move on, I've watched every televised IU game and have since before I started at IU in 1979 (didn't miss attending a home game while at IU) graduated in 1983, and throughout my Navy career - even during my five years living overseas or when on one of my seven deployments. If I could see it live I did, even getting up in the middle of the night while living in Japan to see them on AFRTS. If I couldn't see it live I saw it when I got the tapes from one of my "five" IU friends in the mail. That might mean a few weeks delay, but I watched every game that was televised even if I knew IU had lost. When streaming options became available I watched them that way. My last ship we could watch the games live at sea - which was nice. Between assignments I managed to get back to Bloomington to attend a game many times. Bottom line is that I had to make an effort to watch IU play because of what I did. That's what a fan does. It's no effort now and I still don't miss a game. Now carry on.

loser

He's a civilian living in Bloomington so he can't understand what it's like being in the military and trying to watch our team play. Technology makes it easier now. II got to see almost every game during my deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan. Problem was I couldn't have a real beer while watching those games. Some of the fake beer tastes OK and works with smoking a cigar but that's all you get out of them. :cool: ;)

He's a civilian living in Bloomington so he can't understand what it's like being in the military and trying to watch our team play. Technology makes it easier now. II got to see almost every game during my deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan. Problem was I couldn't have a real beer while watching those games. Some of the fake beer tastes OK and works with smoking a cigar but that's all you get out of them. :cool: ;)

being in the military and not being able to see games has nothing to do with why I think Hawaii is a loser. He just doesn’t understand basketball that well, is a casual fan, and blindly follows our coach and his decisions.

being in the military and not being able to see games has nothing to do with why I think Hawaii is a loser. He just doesn’t understand basketball that well, is a casual fan, and blindly follows our coach and his decisions.
Man up and quit acting like a ankle biting toy poodle. Aloha isn't a loser and you might as well paint a f*cking L on your forehead for loser the way you're posting. I played basketball and had a scholarship offer to play but accepted a football scholarship instead. I know something about the game and your self professed basketball knowledge doesn't impress me. You're nothing more than an emotional casual fan on steroids. You think you know more than you do. I've been trying to ignore you but your stupid barking caught my attention again.

Also I've killed someone in combat and it's not what makes me proud to serve or what has earned me the respect I've been shown. If you think killing people is a requirement for getting respect in the military you're dumber than I thought. Be proud of your grandfather because he did what he needed to do for his country but if you could ask him what he was proud of the killing part wouldn't be it.

Man up and quit acting like a ankle biting toy poodle. Aloha isn't a loser and you might as well paint a f*cking L on your forehead for loser the way you're posting. I played basketball and had a scholarship offer to play but accepted a football scholarship instead. I know something about the game and your self professed basketball knowledge doesn't impress me. You're nothing more than an emotional casual fan on steroids. You think you know more than you do. I've been trying to ignore you but your stupid barking caught my attention again.

Also I've killed someone in combat and it's not what makes me proud to serve or what has earned me the respect I've been shown. If you think killing people is a requirement for getting respect in the military you're dumber than I thought. Be proud of your grandfather because he did what he needed to do for his country but if you could ask him what he was proud of the killing part wouldn't be it.
You and Aloha post the same garbage every post! You’re not special!

So since we are off topic I’ll bite. You didnt know my grandfather. He took great pride in telling people he shot down planes and Killed the enemy. People in the military come in many different flavors. You should know that better than me. I know some absolute loser degenerates that put some time in the army. I also know special forces in Dubai as we speak.

Being in the military doesn’t earn my respect. I know way too many folks some even family that are jokes but “served our country”. If we went into a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, I’d be more prepared than many of the folks I know that have served.

So since we are off topic I’ll bite. You didnt know my grandfather. He took great pride in telling people he shot down planes and Killed the enemy. People in the military come in many different flavors. You should know that better than me. I know some absolute loser degenerates that put some time in the army. I also know special forces in Dubai as we speak.

Being in the military doesn’t earn my respect. I know way too many folks some even family that are jokes but “served our country”. If we went into a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, I’d be more prepared than many of the folks I know that have served.
No one wants your respect. It would be good if you posted like a decent person and not like a ankle biting toy poodle. That shouldn't be so hard to do.

No one wants your respect. It would be good if you posted like a decent person and not like a ankle biting toy poodle. That shouldn't be so hard to do.

you got a few likes out of that ankle biting poodle line. Roll with it, talking basketball for sure isn’t your forte. Stick to the military. Peace out buddy.

you got a few likes out of that ankle biting poodle line. Roll with it, talking basketball for sure isn’t your forte. Stick to the military. Peace out buddy.
He gets special treatment on the Cooler from a Pinko Mod there!

Reactions: Crayfish57
your IU grad friends, all five of them, don’t follow the sport very hard if they want to keep Archie. Almost all of my friends, a good 50 or so, mostly frat guys, all think IU sucks. Every single one. Now maybe that’s because I start the conversation off with good ****ing lord we suck, but they all agree. I don’t have one guy that is in wait and see mode for IU. They all see the glaring obvious future when TJD bolts after this year. That progress you talk about, you honestly think next year is gonna be better than this year? This is the year archie needs to show what he can do with talent, the roster is not improving in the future, it is peaking right now.
There's nothing better than a bunch of "frat guys" discussing a game they don't understand.

Bottom line is, it infuriates me that you would bring up that game and that team in light of what we just saw tonight and try to imply that there is some type of parallel with or precedent for what is happening right now. I’ll just leave it at that.

Good post. The reality is your wasting your time. For some strange reason people fell in love with Archie and they are going to ride the ship to the bottom of the ocean. It’s annoying, but it’s cool people have that much passion for the program. Enjoy the new year.

Couple of things....Trayce is already gone. Word is he's always been on a two year plan and he's done nothing this year to be forced to stay with the numbers he is putting up.

Secondly, speculating on recruiting is fun to discuss, but nothing to really panic about until you see the roster next year.

There are two major recruiting seasons coming up. Spring signage and a new transfer market.

For example Minnesota lost a top 50 ranked point guard (Washington? Can't remember his name) but replaced him with a no name transfer named Marcus Carr who's now playing like an all American.

Example two. Archie's first class of Romeo, Rob, Hunter, D Anderson, Forrester and Fitzner had us all sporting raging boners....and so far has busted with over half gone.

That's rough especially following Crean's last class (Durham, Smith and Moore) that also busted.

However TJD and Franklin are looking like studs. His first class to hit. Hopefully the Galloway class will be the second.

I'll judge the third when it gets here.

Anyway, TJD leaving isn't a death nail even though he's a beast. I thought Purdue was going to tank after the season Biggie had and they just gave the ball to Carsen Edwards and played defense with Haas. Anyway, I wouldn't judge recruiting til it's done.

Yeah losing Kauffman stung but, I doubt Kauffman is a program ending recruit any more as Keion Brooks was the end of the program.

Until I hear HS coaches freezing Archie out, I'm not going to get concerned until I see the roster next year.

That being said, Archie needs to get some better guys in here that will play his way. Parker Stewart is a good start. Big guard, good handle and really good looking shot.

I expect him to be a major upgrade over Durham. Plus he's going to be what, 22?

Maybe Archie pulls in a solid, tough transfer post player who sees the numbers TJD has put up and yeah.... we'll be fine.

(I also expect to lose some guys. Actually I expect most programs to lose guys like Purdue did with Haarms and Eastern last year.

Get used to free agency. It's going to be a new world).

Do you have inside information on TJD or is it just an assumption? If we lose TJD, Archie, isn’t going to make it to year 6.

Our guards are remarkably bad shooters. I don’t know if that’s Archie’s fault. But it needs to change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT