ADVERTISEMENT

Raise your hand

No..I'll agree...
But it's not like its gonna be a mid season fire.
Or even next season..
So that's why I never worry about it.
But some of it..Our players are very avge..

No, he does not. Were it not for the pandemic, I think we'd cut bait after this season. However, since things are getting worse bball wise and pandemic wise, it's like he's getting a second honeymoon. On the other hand, if things get so bad pandemic wise that the season ends prematurely, and certainly could, that would be the time to cut bait and buy him out, would give a new coach ample time to recruit and establish a new system of trying to put the ball in the basket. Hello Matta, Belein, Howland, and I wouldn't mind a Sampson or Alford redemption either at this point

Reactions: IUgradman
No, he does not. Were it not for the pandemic, I think we'd cut bait after this season. However, since things are getting worse bball wise and pandemic wise, it's like he's getting a second honeymoon. On the other hand, if things get so bad pandemic wise that the season ends prematurely, and certainly could, that would be the time to cut bait and buy him out, would give a new coach ample time to recruit and establish a new system of trying to put the ball in the basket. Hello Matta, Belein, Howland, and I wouldn't mind a Sampson or Alford redemption either at this point
Matta does intrigue me although I'm not sure he won at the level he should have given the talent he had. But 5 big 10 titles and 2 final 4s ain't bad.

Aw, just forget it. Had my rant all typed up and then thought better of it. You do you, buddy.
You were going to rant about another IU win? Let’s be clear - my expectations are for IU to again be a Big Ten and national title contender pretty much every year. I happen to believe that Miller can get us there. I happen to believe that the idea of firing Miller at this point or after this season is laughably stupid. I also think that doing so would set back our progress to getting to where I want us to be by more years. I’m patient, but not that patient.

Like you said, you do you.

You were going to rant about another IU win? Let’s be clear - my expectations are for IU to again be a Big Ten and national title contender pretty much every year. I happen to believe that Miller can get us there. I happen to believe that the idea of firing Miller at this point or after this season is laughably stupid. I also think that doing so would set back our progress to getting to where I want us to be by more years. I’m patient, but not that patient.

I'd feel better if the recruiting was going better. We are a TJD leaving early (realize that's doubtful) or injury away from being really bad. We simply don't have the horses or shooting to play with good teams.

I do love our D.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I'd feel better if the recruiting was going better. We are a TJD leaving early (realize that's doubtful) or injury away from being really bad. We simply don't have the horses or shooting to play with good teams.

I do love our D.
The defense is excellent. Outside shooting remains the problem. They get great looks but don’t hit enough of them. Franklin has made a huge leap forward as a player and shooter. We need Durham, Phinisee and Hunter to shoot like they were shooting at the end of last season.

Bottom line is, it infuriates me that you would bring up that game and that team in light of what we just saw tonight and try to imply that there is some type of parallel with or precedent for what is happening right now. I’ll just leave it at that.

Bottom line is, it infuriates me that you would bring up that game and that team in light of what we just saw tonight and try to imply that there is some type of parallel with or precedent for what is happening right now. I’ll just leave it at that.
It infuriates you to point out that even great teams occasionally win (or lose) close games that should have been easy wins? Obviously IU isn’t as good as that IU team and probably no team in the country is either, but we have a good team that won a close game when it probably should have been an easier win. It happens. IU fans should be happy we won, right?

It infuriates you to point out that even great teams occasionally win (or lose) close games that should have been easy wins? Obviously IU isn’t as good as that IU team and probably no team in the country is either, but we have a good team that won a close game when it probably should have been an easier win. It happens. IU fans should be happy we won, right?

On that night back in 1993 I definitely wasn’t happy. I WAS relieved. Tonight? Neither. I’m just pissed off and more than a little bit depressed. This “win” is just another brick in the wall. More seasoning on the shit sandwich that we’ve been served over and over again. Apparently you like the taste though.

"Set back our progress"? What progress?! Are you kidding? Just wait until next year and then tell me about IU's progress. Ha

Reactions: Cavanagh

I do love our D.

Couple of things....Trayce is already gone. Word is he's always been on a two year plan and he's done nothing this year to be forced to stay with the numbers he is putting up.

Secondly, speculating on recruiting is fun to discuss, but nothing to really panic about until you see the roster next year.

There are two major recruiting seasons coming up. Spring signage and a new transfer market.

For example Minnesota lost a top 50 ranked point guard (Washington? Can't remember his name) but replaced him with a no name transfer named Marcus Carr who's now playing like an all American.

Example two. Archie's first class of Romeo, Rob, Hunter, D Anderson, Forrester and Fitzner had us all sporting raging boners....and so far has busted with over half gone.

That's rough especially following Crean's last class (Durham, Smith and Moore) that also busted.

However TJD and Franklin are looking like studs. His first class to hit. Hopefully the Galloway class will be the second.

I'll judge the third when it gets here.

Anyway, TJD leaving isn't a death nail even though he's a beast. I thought Purdue was going to tank after the season Biggie had and they just gave the ball to Carsen Edwards and played defense with Haas. Anyway, I wouldn't judge recruiting til it's done.

Yeah losing Kauffman stung but, I doubt Kauffman is a program ending recruit any more as Keion Brooks was the end of the program.

Until I hear HS coaches freezing Archie out, I'm not going to get concerned until I see the roster next year.

That being said, Archie needs to get some better guys in here that will play his way. Parker Stewart is a good start. Big guard, good handle and really good looking shot.

I expect him to be a major upgrade over Durham. Plus he's going to be what, 22?

Maybe Archie pulls in a solid, tough transfer post player who sees the numbers TJD has put up and yeah.... we'll be fine.

(I also expect to lose some guys. Actually I expect most programs to lose guys like Purdue did with Haarms and Eastern last year.

Get used to free agency. It's going to be a new world).

If you still think Archie has this program going in the right direction.
CAM has absolutely been moving IU in the right direction. Increased wins every year, had the team in the tourney last year and playing their best ball at the end of the year. With that said, they have struggled this year and really had a couple loses that so easily could have been wins. Had they pulled those two games out, people like you wouldn’t be crying so much. Time will tell

The defense is excellent. Outside shooting remains the problem. They get great looks but don’t hit enough of them. Franklin has made a huge leap forward as a player and shooter. We need Durham, Phinisee and Hunter to shoot like they were shooting at the end of last season.
Guarding the 3 isn’t good for us. And since we have played several teams that hit them at a high clip, it has looked even worse. I feel like our defense has taken a step back, but still a lot of time to dial it in.

If the bottom falls out this year Archie cannot come back. IU will be a zombie program.

I would be surprised if Archie is let go after this Covid season even if things get worse. He likely gets a pass. Hell, let's not be naïve, we are going to see cancellations and missing players etc. Covid can sideline a basketball team a lot faster than a FB team.

If I am Dolson, I start thinking about who and the how and worry about the when once the pandemic settles. I don't think we will see interference from the BOT once the pandemic is "over".

Guarding the 3 isn’t good for us. And since we have played several teams that hit them at a high clip, it has looked even worse. I feel like our defense has taken a step back, but still a lot of time to dial it in.
IU was statistically the best team in the Big Ten at defending the 3 before last night.

I would be surprised if Archie is let go after this Covid season even if things get worse. He likely gets a pass. Hell, let's not be naïve, we are going to see cancellations and missing players etc. Covid can sideline a basketball team a lot faster than a FB team.

If I am Dolson, I start thinking about who and the how and worry about the when once the pandemic settles. I don't think we will see interference from the BOT once the pandemic is "over".
I think the anti-Miller faction greatly overestimates their numbers. I think they are a vocal minority of IU fans. A horrible season might make them a majority, but the season has to play out first.

Last edited:
I think the anti-Miller faction greatly overestimates their numbers. I think they a vocal minority of IU fans. A horrible season might make them a majority, but the season has to play out first.

It does have to play out but we aren't seeing what would be considered acceptable for this stage of the game.

AM is likely protected this season due to C19 (so next season is a gift) but I will be pleasantly shocked if he turns it around next season.

And I don't think the size of the "concerned fan" group is overestimated at all. I am not sure I can think of a single fellow alum/frat brother/donor/colleague that I know that is the least bit happy.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and mk23
It does have to play out but we aren't seeing what would be considered acceptable for this stage of the game.

AM is likely protected this season due to C19 (so next season is a gift) but I will be pleasantly shocked if he turns it around next season.

And I don't think the size of the "concerned fan" group is overestimated at all. I am not sure I can think of a single fellow alum/frat brother/donor/colleague that I know that is the least bit happy.
Well, I’m an alum too and keep in touch with a lot of them and my close college friends. We usually get together once a year for Indy 500 weekend (thanks COVID, for screwing that up) and sometimes a golf trip. We talk. While a few of my friends sometimes express frustration too (I get frustrated too, mostly about shooting), not one is on the “fire Archie” train. I know a few fans that are friends of mine that are, but none of them attended IU. Based on that and what I see on Facebook, the “fire Archie” faction has many more members among those that are fans, but didn’t attend, than among those that did. That’s my working theory now. It might make for an interesting study for some undergrad. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Well, I’m an alum too and keep in touch with a lot of them. While a few of my friends sometimes express frustration too (I get frustrated too, mostly about shooting), not one is on the “fire Archie” train. I know a few fans that are friends of mine that are, but none of them attended IU. Based on that and what I see on Facebook, the “fire Archie” faction has many more members among those that are fans, but didn’t attend, than among those that did. That’s my working theory now. It might make for an interesting study for some undergrad. ;)

your IU grad friends, all five of them, don’t follow the sport very hard if they want to keep Archie. Almost all of my friends, a good 50 or so, mostly frat guys, all think IU sucks. Every single one. Now maybe that’s because I start the conversation off with good ****ing lord we suck, but they all agree. I don’t have one guy that is in wait and see mode for IU. They all see the glaring obvious future when TJD bolts after this year. That progress you talk about, you honestly think next year is gonna be better than this year? This is the year archie needs to show what he can do with talent, the roster is not improving in the future, it is peaking right now.

Reactions: mk23
We have improved every year under Miller. His teams get better as the years go on . We are a great defensive team. This program is clearly trending in the right direction.

Are these true statements, and if so what does any of it mean?

Last year we were better than two years ago. Ok. So, we were better than a team that lost 12 out of the 13 games. Could the bar be set any lower? If the season where we lost 12 of 13 was an improvement over Miller’s first season, then, man that season must have been horrendous. Yes, we were likely an ncaa tournament team last year. So, clearly there was some improvement. But, the fact is that the team only had to show a pulse to have improvement. You almost have to try to lose 12 of 13.

Miller’s teams get better as the year progresses. Is this true? Does anyone recall the play in game versus OSU?

By most metrics, and by watching this is a very good defensive team. Before last nights game we were 24th in kenpom and top 10 defensively. Sound familiar? Last years PU team finished 24th in Kenpom and 11th in D. But, at the end of the day they were penciled in as NIT bound and we were projected as likely ncaa bound. This is despite sweeping us and finishing 10 spots higher in Kenpom and RPI. Why? Well, they had 16 wins.

This is a short season. B10 standings are going to mean everything to the committee this year. We are not going to see a team finish 13th that has a 12-2 non conference record. Maybe IU can prove that we are an improved team over last year. Well, to do that it’s pretty obvious what they need to do.

Can we show the preparation, mental toughness and sustained effort required to show we are clearly a better team than last year? The bar has been set pretty low.

RMK: “Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one.”

I am much more concerned about the mental makeup of this team than the physical. In a shortened season there is no time to be lackadaisical.

your IU grad friends, all five of them, don’t follow the sport very hard if they want to keep Archie. Almost all of my friends, a good 50 or so, mostly frat guys, all think IU sucks. Every single one. Now maybe that’s because I start the conversation off with good ****ing lord we suck, but they all agree. I don’t have one guy that is in wait and see mode for IU. They all see the glaring obvious future when TJD bolts after this year. That progress you talk about, you honestly think next year is gonna be better than this year? This is the year archie needs to show what he can do with talent, the roster is not improving in the future, it is peaking right now.
Thanks for weighing in you little blowhard. Post respectfully and you'd be treated respectfully.

We have improved every year under Miller. His teams get better as the years go on . We are a great defensive team. This program is clearly trending in the right direction.

Last year we were better than two years ago. Ok. So, we were better than a team that lost 12 out of the 13 games. Could the bar be set any lower? If the season where we lost 12 of 13 was an improvement over Miller’s first season, then, man that season must have been horrendous. Yes, we were likely an ncaa tournament team last year. So, clearly there was some improvement. But, the fact is that the team only had to show a pulse to have improvement. You almost have to try to lose 12 of 13.

Miller’s teams get better as the year progresses. Is this true? Does anyone recall the play in game versus OSU?

By most metrics, and by watching this is a very good defensive team. Before last nights game we were 24th in kenpom and top 10 defensively. Sound familiar? Last years PU team finished 24th in Kenpom and 11th in D. But, at the end of the day they were penciled in as NIT bound and we were projected as likely ncaa bound. This is despite sweeping us and finishing 10 spots higher in Kenpom and RPI. Why? Well, they had 16 wins.

This is a short season. B10 standings are going to mean everything to the committee this year. We are not going to see a team finish 13th that has a 12-2 non conference record. Maybe IU can prove that we are an improved team over last year. Well, to do that it’s pretty obvious what they need to do.

Can we show the preparation, mental toughness and sustained effort required to show we are clearly a better team than last year? The bar has been set pretty low.

I am much more concerned about the mental makeup of this team than the physical. In a shortened season there is no time to be lackadaisical.

good stuff

You don’t deserve respect. If you did, I’d give it to you. You don’t really follow IU basketball, you just like to engage in debate and stand up for your proud university. You are a loser both figuratively and literally. I hate that you graduated from the same institution as me.
I'm sure you're well respected as a braggard and blowhard. Congratulations.

Reactions: Radio Zero

Good points in this one. This season will be a test of their mental toughness without a doubt.

I'm sure you're well respected as a braggard and blowhard. Congratulations.

They all want to know my opinion on IU basketball because I follow it more than them and very invested into IU bball. Basically the exact opposite of you.

I am not only a season ticket holder that travels to multiple away games. I also buy and sell tickets as a side hustle that now has become a decent size money investment. I watch almost every second of ALL big ten games. You dont know shit about big ten basketball but do quick searches on kenpom and other sites to try to act like you know what youre talking about. Very annoying. I will be here to call you on your BS, like no1 you know is concerned about Archie, well that's because you dont know anyone who gives a F about IU bball. That is pretty obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT