ADVERTISEMENT

question on Iowa BB

dragonhawk1855

Recruit
Nov 8, 2018
have anyone changed their opinion for this season?
this really does no mean much but Iowa beat Savanah State 110-64 and only had 7 healthy scholarship players today C Garza missed as he was in a walking boot and McCaffery was held out due to a concussion protocal .

they used 4 walk ons that played major minutes.

this really does no mean much but Iowa beat Savanah State 110-64 and only had 7 healthy scholarship players today C Garza missed as he was in a walking boot and McCaffery was held out due to a concussion protocal .

Lol....you suck

You are right. Doesn't mean much at all. In fact nothing.

was talking about how the season is going vs last season where a JR High team could shoot at will against Iowa. the Savanah State is known to be a 3 point shooting as they came into the game avg'ing 39 3 point attempts per game.

but to the point they won the Y2 Classic accompishment that has not been duplicated for 32 years

right now they are 1 game from going undefeated in the OOC in 32 years, their defense has gone from 242 to the high 90's, for a improvement of 152 spots.

this year the players have finally bought into the idea to play defense vs last season where they thought that they could just outscore everybody.

Dr Franny Mac took a page out of Tom Creans scheduling OOC.
oh I don't know Wisconsin just played them, Iowa beat Oregon, UConn beat Pitt in the BT/ACC Challenge, ISU of the B12, UNI in the states B4 Tourney which was just canceled this year

when I look at the schedules of the other team it is pretty close. beside you guys have played these
Chicago State
Montana State
UT Arlington
UC Davis
Central Arkansas
some people that live in glass house should not throw stones.

oh I don't know Wisconsin just played them, Iowa beat Oregon, UConn beat Pitt in the BT/ACC Challenge, ISU of the B12, UNI in the states B4 Tourney which was just canceled this year

when I look at the schedules of the other team it is pretty close. beside you guys have played these
Chicago State
Montana State
UT Arlington
UC Davis
Central Arkansas
Archie will take care of the schedule going forward, those are remnants of the orange.

QtkftTP.jpg

McCaffrey is just fantastic. He really should get like a 10 or 15 year extension. Really good stuff you have there.

But did Fran go crazy and crush a chair or anything? That's really about the only thing most people want to know about Iowa games.

was talking about how the season is going vs last season where a JR High team could shoot at will against Iowa. the Savanah State is known to be a 3 point shooting as they came into the game avg'ing 39 3 point attempts per game.

but to the point they won the Y2 Classic accompishment that has not been duplicated for 32 years

right now they are 1 game from going undefeated in the OOC in 32 years, their defense has gone from 242 to the high 90's, for a improvement of 152 spots.

this year the players have finally bought into the idea to play defense vs last season where they thought that they could just outscore everybody.

Looking at T-Rank. They're 323rd in the country in 3PT%. Their adj Def Efficiency is 348th. They were 3-10 coming into the game and lost to S Dakota State 139-72. Great job on the sweet win hawkeyes!! http://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Savannah+St.

Tyler Cook is one of my all time favorite non Hoosier players.

If Justin Smith was just a fraction as assertive with the ball as Cook is, he’d be unstoppable.

Chicago State
Montana State
UT Arlington
UC Davis
Central Arkansas
And to balance that out, we’ve played:
Duke (well “played” is more accurate)
Marquette
Arkansas
Louisville
Butler

Iowa is going to be tough for IU. Good team and they have size to put fouls on Morgan and DeRon.

Why are you here?.?.?.....looking to get accepted into the big boy club or something...

Not at all.

13-15 losses on the year. Middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Quiet exit from both postseason tournaments they play in.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

I think that Iowa is a decent team. Much better than last year, for sure.
However, at #23, I suspect that they are overrated by about a dozen spots.
Iowa will probably be a bubble team for the NCAAT.

Btw I think IU, at #22, is overrated by about half a dozen.
The top echelon of the B1G will have to play well to beat Iowa at Carver.

Iowa is going to be tough for IU. Good team and they have size to put fouls on Morgan and DeRon.
They still have a defense ranked in the 90s with a bad nonconference schedule. IU might put 100 on them.

They still have a defense ranked in the 90s with a bad nonconference schedule. IU might put 100 on them.
compared to ending up 242nd in the 17-18 season that is quite the improvement.

as for who Iowa has these are 4* players by ESPN
PG JR Bohannon
SG RSJR Moss
SF FR Wieskamp top 100
PF JR Cook top 40
C SO Garza top 100
PG RSFR Connor top 100
the biggest thing is they are now buying into playing DEFENSE. this is something they do last year as they tried to outscore the other teams.
another thing about this team nobody is playing out of position.

yes Savanah State is a bad team but they went into the game shooting a avg of 39 3's per game. last season they would have run out of Carver Iowa's defense on the perimeter was that bad.

they did beat Oregon, UConn and ISU even Pitt from the ACC in the BT Challenge. winning the Y2 Classic. Iowa just might surprise people this year.

beside if I want to deal with poster who want to put Iowa down, I would rather deal with posters from another BT team as those on the other Hawkeye boards do nothing but trash the players and coaches constantly win or lose.

Dude, the number of 3s they shoot per game doesn't mean anything other than they have a one-dimensional offense (they shoot 3s ~58% of the time). They hit less than 29% of those 3s that they do take. You're also bragging about and expecting us to be impressed by blowing out a team that is 3-11. And a home game for Iowa, at that.

Last edited:
compared to ending up 242nd in the 17-18 season that is quite the improvement.

as for who Iowa has these are 4* players by ESPN
PG JR Bohannon
SG RSJR Moss
SF FR Wieskamp top 100
PF JR Cook top 40
C SO Garza top 100
PG RSFR Connor top 100
the biggest thing is they are now buying into playing DEFENSE. this is something they do last year as they tried to outscore the other teams.
another thing about this team nobody is playing out of position.

yes Savanah State is a bad team but they went into the game shooting a avg of 39 3's per game. last season they would have run out of Carver Iowa's defense on the perimeter was that bad.

they did beat Oregon, UConn and ISU even Pitt from the ACC in the BT Challenge. winning the Y2 Classic. Iowa just might surprise people this year.

beside if I want to deal with poster who want to put Iowa down, I would rather deal with posters from another BT team as those on the other Hawkeye boards do nothing but trash the players and coaches constantly win or lose.
You still have a cartoon character for a coach.

Reactions: kkott and ufo33
Iowa has a good roster but your coach is pretty bad. I wish some of those guys could transfer to IU. Archie would make players out of Garza and Wieskamp. Cook is there on his own.

I too have a question about Iowa bball: what the f*ck have they done to warrant a post here? If we're talking about B10 programs of interest, they don't make page 1... oh wait, I found them: a footnote on the bottom of page 2. Happy Holidays!

Iowa has a good roster but your coach is pretty bad. I wish some of those guys could transfer to IU. Archie would make players out of Garza and Wieskamp. Cook is there on his own.
I like Cook but Garza? He would never start, hell we have TJD and likely Brooks coming in next year, and he isn't starting over Juwan. Wieskamp would maybe start as a Junior, but he isn't starting over Romeo or Rob. You have to defend to play under Archie.

I like Cook but Garza? He would never start, hell we have TJD and likely Brooks coming in next year, and he isn't starting over Juwan. Wieskamp would maybe start as a Junior, but he isn't starting over Romeo or Rob. You have to defend to play under Archie.
this team is playing defense
they held UConn to 4-26 from 3 and Oregon to 6-19 from 3 with them using 3 guards that were supposed to be athletically superior
Garza more that held his own against Oregon 5* C Bol Bol
then they beat ISU by holding them to 6-23 from 3.
last season these are teams that would have destroyed Iowa from 3 in winning the games.

against Savanah State these were out due to injuries
Connor due to concussion Protocol
Pemsl had season ending knee surgery
Garza due to a ankle sprain
these 2 are RS'ing
Nunge
Fredrick out due to broken ribs,

they only had 7 scholarship players so 4 walk on players played.
the difference between this year and last are these
1st nobody has/will play out of position
2nd when healthy they can go a solid 2 deep at each position
3rd it looks like this
PG Jordan now has Connor has his backup. this will allow Jordan to move to the 2 which will allow Jordan to use his 3 point shooting to the advantage of the team
SG Moss now has Dailey as his backup this allows him to concentrate strictly on playing to SG position as he was/is not a PG
SF Wieskamp a solid 5th starter this allows Baer to be the teams 6th man again which is what he does best
PF Cook with his backup being Kriener a better shooter from 3 than Cook is
C Garza backup Kriener both can shoot the 3 and defend the outside and inside. Pemsl before he had season ending Knee surgery was going to be Cook's backup.

this years team will be a very good 3 point shooting team and because of the additions of Wieskamp and Connor the defense is much improved, Jordon is 100% heatlhy this season and already has a team high of 6 steals in a game this season. [and no it was not against Savanah State] but he was 6-14 from 3.

this years team is far better than last years team.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT