ADVERTISEMENT

PU vs UT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on winning the Junior Varsity game in the state yesterday. As usual, away from the tin hog barn, the crowd was pathetic. Can’t draw flies. No Purdue player would get significant minutes at IU. Edey would back up Ware. He’s just tall. Smith would be a nice bench player. He’ll get exposed against athletic guards who pressure him. Cupps>Smith
You are very sarcastic - love it

Congrats on winning the Junior Varsity game in the state yesterday. As usual, away from the tin hog barn, the crowd was pathetic. Can’t draw flies. No Purdue player would get significant minutes at IU. Edey would back up Ware. He’s just tall. Smith would be a nice bench player. He’ll get exposed against athletic guards who pressure him. Cupps>Smith
Not sure why you think the crowd was pathetic? It was Purdue dominated with 17k in attendance. It was loud the entire game.

And you don’t believe any of that about the players. But I’ll bite anyways, cuz why not? If it happens at all, it’ll take Cupps until year 4 to be anywhere near where Smith is at right now. Loyer would add some scoring and much needed shooting to IU. Edey would start over Ware and Ware would be great off the bench, but with edey at IU, Ware probably doesn’t transfer to IU. Reneau is def a step up from TKR at this point, but not sure how Reneau would fare with Edey staying in the post. I’d say Lance and X are pretty equal at this point in their careers.

Gallo and Mbgako would be great additions to Purdue off the bench. Gallo is what we wished Morton would be and Mgabko adds some length and would be a decent scorer for the second group. I’d say Purdues bench is better at shooting / scoring than IUs, but IUs is a bit more athletic (minus Cupps).

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I went to the IU game and watched highlights. What is different about this year's PU team and Matt after 20 years?
At this point it looks different due to Purdue being able to play different tempos and figure out how to win. Shooting the 3 ball a lot better, Smith is very much improved and Edey is even better than last year. Lance seems to have helped in the backcourt, hopefully Colvin and Heide get more mins throughout the year to be able to provide solid bench mins in March…

But as you always remind us… we won’t know if they’re actually different until the tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
At this point it looks different due to Purdue being able to play different tempos and figure out how to win. Shooting the 3 ball a lot better, Smith is very much improved and Edey is even better than last year. Lance seems to have helped in the backcourt, hopefully Colvin and Heide get more mins throughout the year to be able to provide solid bench mins in March…

But as you always remind us… we won’t know if they’re actually different until the tournament.
So, some freshman and a Saluki portal are the difference? Perhaps they are the Messiahs PU has been looking for.

So, some freshman and a Saluki portal are the difference? Perhaps they are the Messiahs PU has been looking for.
I said hopefully those two freshman can give solid mins and Lance HELPS in the backcourt that we didn’t get from Jenkins at all last year—DJJ didn’t give us the defense or toughness Lance provides.

Loyer and Smith are much more improved, with Smith (right now) being a top PG in the country. Loyer has had his off and on games, but has showed up when we needed a scorer to step up (UT and Zona). The pace we have been playing at seems to be a lot quicker than last year that match other conferences.

And edey is even better than last year.

But again, like you always remind us, we will see if any of it will yield different results in the tournament.

I said hopefully those two freshman can give solid mins and Lance HELPS in the backcourt that we didn’t get from Jenkins at all last year—DJJ didn’t give us the defense or toughness Lance provides.

Loyer and Smith are much more improved, with Smith (right now) being a top PG in the country. Loyer has had his off and on games, but has showed up when we needed a scorer to step up (UT and Zona). The pace we have been playing at seems to be a lot quicker than last year that match other conferences.

And edey is even better than last year.

But again, like you always remind us, we will see if any of it will yield different results in the tournament.
Are Edey, Loyer, and/or Smith entering the NBA draft after this year?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Edey may…. Not sure if he will sneak in to the end of the first/have a team take a chance on him. I don’t think he’ll come back to Purdue…but maybe. We already are over in scholarships so he’d have to pay his own way or Purdue would have to figure out something else.

but the other two? Pretty sure they wont. They are limited physically for the NBA…but seem to be pretty good for the D1 level.

If Love is so bad at defense good thing IU had a swing and miss in the portal. You know. Since he was your number 1 back court option.
Caleb Love has matured tremendously. Really enjoy watching his game. Actually, I really like the entire AZ squad - they are going to be a really tough out - and I'd take Tommy Lloyd as a coach in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Joetboiler
I'm not the one living on the PU board. Look inward, grasshopper. I'm happy to talk about #16 seed FDU

Caleb Love has matured tremendously. Really enjoy watching his game. Actually, I really like the entire AZ squad - they are going to be a really tough out - and I'd take Tommy Lloyd as a coach in a heartbeat.
Agree - all 5 starters can score - they will be one of the last teams standing - UConn is the most impressive team I’ve seen all year with Purdue

Holy crap

Purdue fans have to be the only fans in America that after beating the #1 team and having a bright season ahead run to big brother’s board and live there rather than discussing on their own board. Boggles my mind

Cav. Time to take the garbage out.

Reactions: indiana ed and DANC
Man, glad you’re not a scout cuz you’d be real bad at your job.
Not a scout, but you don't have to be to know that the reason Painter brought Jones on board is because he knew his guards were sub-par.

There's a reason why PU has lost to dogs in the last 3 NCAA tournaments after going in at #1. You guys will never figure it out.

• Haha
Smith was so ineffective against an uber athletic Bama team he only went for 27/5/8 and shot 4-9 from 3.
That's the unranked Alabama team that just lost to Creighton, right?

"uber athletic' lmao

Holy crap

Purdue fans have to be the only fans in America that after beating the #1 team and having a bright season ahead run to big brother’s board and live there rather than discussing on their own board. Boggles my mind

Cav. Time to take the garbage out.
Yeah, no one from this board ran to the Purdue board after beating number 1 Purdue last year…couldn’t have happened! I guess I just need to realize you actually think your takes are 100% correct.

But anyways, thanks man. That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said about Purdue. I know that had to be tough to say.

Yeah, no one from this board ran to the Purdue board after beating number 1 Purdue last year…couldn’t have happened! I guess I just need to realize you actually think your takes are 100% correct.

But anyways, thanks man. That’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said about Purdue. I know that had to be tough to say.
right on cue.

Not a scout, but you don't have to be to know that the reason Painter brought Jones on board is because he knew his guards were sub-par.

There's a reason why PU has lost to dogs in the last 3 NCAA tournaments after going in at #1. You guys will never figure it out.
Very true. I think we need to follow IUs model…it has worked out very well for the past 30 years. BRB will go tell Painter.

• Haha
Very true. I think we need to follow IUs model…it has worked out very well for the past 30 years. BRB will go tell Painter.
Your deflections are hilarious.

You just can't help comparing yourselves to IU. In the past 30 years, we've been to the Final Game, genius.

Holy crap

Cav. Time to take the

Stats in a situation like thatare going to be a bit deceiving, and no offense to Branden.

If you can shoot just a bit and feed Edey while grabbing the long rebounds in space by yourself...nums gonna be good.

Cupps would have solid nums in that situation plus he plays defense above his athletic level.
Yeah okay, sure Braden had a lucky good game! For a guy who isn’t good enough to play in the Big it’s weird that he’s averaging 14 ppg/6 rebounds/and 7 assists a game. Gimme a break man that’s just bad

Shows how stats are useless. I watched the game. Arizona wasn't interested in guarding those two, probably because they saw how ineffective they were in prior games. Arizona chose to try to guard Edey, which the rest of the Big Ten knows not to do. You shut down the rest of Purdue and let the big guy have his points, much like how IU beat Shaq back in the day.

How many points did Smith score against Alabama? Which sophomore guards in the country who have started every game in their careers have never lost a non conference regular season game? How many teams with two freshman guards starting have won the Big Ten Regular season championship and the Big Ten Tournament Championship? Which players on Purdue’s team have effectively led them to a 10-0 record thus far this season in games against non conference opponents? How many Big Ten teams have EVER won 34 consecutive non conference regular games?

• Haha
How many points did Smith score against Alabama? Which sophomore guards in the country who have started every game in their careers have never lost a non conference regular season game? How many teams with two freshman guards starting have won the Big Ten Regular season championship and the Big Ten Tournament Championship? Which players on Purdue’s team have effectively led them to a 10-0 record thus far this season in games against non conference opponents? How many Big Ten teams have EVER won 34 consecutive non conference regular games?
2 things: 1) Fairleigh 2) Dickinson

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Cavanagh
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT