ADVERTISEMENT

Psu fan here thoughts on the game

You have some pro scouts who say Barkley is the better college football player than Tevin Coleman? Care to link me? They haven't said it because they don't care.

All they care about is his potential as an NFL RB. Just like they all thought Lelie had better potential to be an NFL WR. And we all know how that turned out, not to mention it says NOTHING of their respective college careers. Thank you for playing.
No, they all think he's a better football player, as does anyone who knows anything about football. There's a reason why you're constantly lost here.

I was just rewatching the IU-Georgia Southern game and our LB play was very, very good. Chris Covington is an athletic freak that you typically witness playing for a SEC school. Scales is just an All American, with damn good speed. Nate Hoff is probably the best interior defensive lineman IU has had in a generation.

I think we have at least a puncher's chance, maybe better against Penn state.

Covington is really starting to put it all together. He always had the athleticism but even against OSU and UVA he still looked like he was thinking instead of reacting.

Last week it looked like he stopped thinking and just played, and he was absolutely everywhere. Two sideline to sideline LBs on the field at the same time is a fun thing to watch.

Reactions: 76-1
Well, in fairness to that poster, he basically said we have tall, athletic wideouts and TE, which is true. Also in fairness, you came on an IU board and opened by saying you didn't know much about our team and then proceeded to proclaim that we don't have the athletes to handle your wideouts. That may be true, and may not, our secondary is pretty good, the bigger issue is we are not very good at pressuring the QB. Given enough time McSorley can pick apart any secondary and that will be the issue. The other issue for us is a mediocre, at best, OL to this point, which doesn't allow us to run the ball well against good opponents. This leads to quick 3 and outs at times and a tired D where our 2's are not as good as our 1's. (Not to mention it looks like several 1's may be out this week)
I don't think anyone is saying we are a top 25 team and this will be a very difficult game for us to stay close. We will need to get some breaks
to stay in the game, but that is why they play the games.
I agree that Barkley is clearly a better all around back than Coleman, but Coleman was better than "a nice back for you guys", please.

lol at the "nice back for you guys" line.....he was a unanimous 1st team AA TB.....

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Jordan Howard taken in the 5th doesn't fit your argument...plus Coleman had an injury one of his three seasons I believe....

This must mean IU has arrived. PSU fans coming to an Indiana Message Board for football validation. Well done Hoosiers.

Would you take Jordan Howard over Ezekiel Elliott or Leonard Fournette? Heck no! Plus Howard has been a pro bowl RB for the bears, Coleman has not.

I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp here. All I was saying in my posts was how I believe Indiana can't fully stop Barkley but should focus on taking away penn state's receiving threats the way Iowa did the majority of the game Saturday night, then all the sudden I had some folks trying to convince themselves that Tevin Coleman was the kind of talent Barkley is... I took the bait and presented why I disagreed. If you don't like it you don't have to read it or just put me on ignore.

As for Indiana football I just recall having a nice time with your fans at fed ex field a few years back and enjoy good football discussion. If I were being a jerk or was concerned about the game I'd be bringing up the schools record against each other and so on but that's not why I'm here.

I enjoy good football discussion, even with fans who are a bit blindly allegiant bc that's what makes college football fun!

lol at the "nice back for you guys" line.....he was a unanimous 1st team AA TB.....

Well, now he's up to being a "nice" player and "better than decent"....high praise indeed from such a knowlegable fan.

There have obviously been many fine PSU RBs in the past. I doubt any of them were unanimous 1st team AA, other than John C. So his faint praise is pretty insulting. And the thought that TC or any one player, including Barkley, could have lifted that Coleman's team to the Rose Bowl is ridiculous. As for Barkley's pro career, why don't we wait until he gets there. He may be a bust, like several other PSU "can't miss" TBs.

Per Coleman & Barkley, loved Coleman, glad he's doing well in NFL, but c'mon Barkley is clearly a top 5 pick next year and is more of a freak of nature than Coleman was. Die hard Hoosier gives Barkley the nod.

I do think PSU expended a lot last week in Iowa and has some potential for some let down, especially if IU can hang around (or get a lead) which could make them jumpy, though PSU can also finish well.

IU O-line will need to do better job, maybe best of season, to keep IU Offense going, and the more they can stay on the field, the better our very good 1st team D can hopefully contain Barkley and not give up big pass plays.

All smart money has to be on PSU, but they still have to play the game. If QB gets injured, not sure Indiana-born Tommy Stevens would come in and dominate passing as they key in on Barkley more. And IU is a unified team that could pull off an upset. 15% chance baby!

They have been working Stevens into the offense with multiple qb sets this year. Didn't see it vs Iowa but was used in all 3 prior weeks. I wouldn't be surprised to see psu go back to that this week after struggling in the red zone last week

Would you take Jordan Howard over Ezekiel Elliott or Leonard Fournette? Heck no! Plus Howard has been a pro bowl RB for the bears, Coleman has not.

I really don't understand what's so hard to grasp here. All I was saying in my posts was how I believe Indiana can't fully stop Barkley but should focus on taking away penn state's receiving threats the way Iowa did the majority of the game Saturday night, then all the sudden I had some folks trying to convince themselves that Tevin Coleman was the kind of talent Barkley is... I took the bait and presented why I disagreed. If you don't like it you don't have to read it or just put me on ignore.

As for Indiana football I just recall having a nice time with your fans at fed ex field a few years back and enjoy good football discussion. If I were being a jerk or was concerned about the game I'd be bringing up the schools record against each other and so on but that's not why I'm here.

I enjoy good football discussion, even with fans who are a bit blindly allegiant bc that's what makes college football fun!

Good thing you're not 'being a jerk and bringing up the schools records against each other'. lol, I just love the "you're such loveable losers vibe". Blow me.

One more point...a freshman, Dobbins will likely lead the conference in rushing this year

He may though I doubt it. He has no shot of more total yards and td's. Barkley is on pace for 60+ catches this year, a huge part of what makes him so dangerous is he's David Johnson as a receiver

Well, now he's up to being a "nice" player and "better than decent"....high praise indeed from such a knowlegable fan.

There have obviously been many fine PSU RBs in the past. I doubt any of them were unanimous 1st team AA, other than John C. So his faint praise is pretty insulting. And the thought that TC or any one player, including Barkley, could have lifted that Coleman's team to the Rose Bowl is ridiculous. As for Barkley's pro career, why don't we wait until he gets there. He may be a bust, like several other PSU "can't miss" TBs.

Larry Johnson, Kijana Carter, Blair Thomas, Lydell Mitchell, Lenny Moore, DJ Dozier, Curt Warner and of course John C. All 1st team AA... Barkley on his way to first team AA and a Heisman Trophy.

What am I supposed to say about Coleman? Was he a transcendent talent? No. was he a great RB for you guys... yes. Is he the kind of talent Saquon Barkley is? No.

So yes, he was a nice player for you guys.

I think he's the strongest we've had at the point of attack. He holds up against the run better than any iu interior dline player going back to the late 90s.

Of course, we certainly haven't seen too many "good" interior players on defense, right?

Interesting comment.....Green had a pretty good year but Hoff does seem to be more consistent. As you say, our 'great' DTs have been few and far between.

Larry Johnson, Kijana Carter, Blair Thomas, Lydell Mitchell, Lenny Moore, DJ Dozier, Curt Warner and of course John C. All 1st team AA... Barkley on his way to first team AA and a Heisman Trophy.

What am I supposed to say about Coleman? Was he a transcendent talent? No. was he a great RB for you guys... yes. Is he the kind of talent Saquon Barkley is? No.

You don't read well , do you? I said unanimous 1st team AAs....how many of those guys fit that description? That is rare. Probably only John C.

You don't read well , do you? I said unanimous 1st team AAs....how many of those guys fit that description? That is rare. Probably only John C.

Kijana Carter and Larry Johnson in addition to John C if you're talking unanimous AA. Although barring injury there is no question Barkley will be added to that list.

What you have to understand is even the old heads, guys who have been going to penn state games since Rip Engle was HC who have seen some of the greatest college football RB's ever both as psu players and opponents, all of them are saying the same thing, Barkley might just be better than any RB we have ever seen...

Reactions: mushroomgod_1
Oh the arrogance of the Penn State fans. Our players are better then yours. LOL Indiana, you like Iowa last week should be honored that your team can take the same field as Penn State. LOL Don't you just love self anointed Royalty? We get to hear it more from Nebraska fans at Iowa, but Penn State's fans are in the same mold. Yeah, I got to read all this last week when the Penn State fans invaded the Iowa forum. Hell, they even started a topic which apologized for the beat down they were going to put on Iowa before the game. LOL I just stopped by to see if they were going to do the forum beat down on you as well, and like the perfect little Nittany Trolls, they did. I am rooting for the Hoosiers Saturday, good luck. Now, back to my own forum. ;)

No, they all think he's a better football player, as does anyone who knows anything about football. There's a reason why you're constantly lost here.

Lol keep moving the goal posts. You have the reading comprehension level I would expect from somebody with the free-time to post 1,200 comments in 5 months. So let me rehash.

Claims I made:
-"Barkley has a ton of promise, no doubt, and could accomplish any/all of those things but he hasn't yet." (Fact)
- "He is remarkable. But has not yet had a season as good as Coleman's junior year, so it is all speculation." (Fact)

Your response:
- "Coleman was a very good back but Barkley is a once in a decade (or two) player." (Speculation)
- "Find 50 talent scouts and ask them if they think Coleman is better than Barkley." (Speculation on other people's speculation)
- "Based on college achievement, Barkley will be a top 5 pick, while Coleman went in round 3." (Speculation)

Not only is not a single one of your arguments rooted in verifiable fact, they don't even address the original viewpoint put forward. Most likely because you can't debate the original viewpoint and therefore would have to note something positive about IU. Good riddance.

Oh the arrogance of the Penn State fans. Our players are better then yours. LOL Indiana, you like Iowa last week should be honored that your team can take the same field as Penn State. LOL Don't you just love self anointed Royalty? We get to hear it more from Nebraska fans at Iowa, but Penn State's fans are in the same mold. Yeah, I got to read all this last week when the Penn State fans invaded the Iowa forum. Hell, they even started a topic which apologized for the beat down they were going to put on Iowa before the game. LOL I just stopped by to see if they were going to do the forum beat down on you as well, and like the perfect little Nittany Trolls, they did. I am rooting for the Hoosiers Saturday, good luck. Now, back to my own forum. ;)

And yet you've got so little of a life that you have wandered to the Indiana board to check out a penn state topic when you are an Iowa fan?

Hmm man I know it was a tough loss Saturday for you guys, but really it's time to move on and stop worrying about penn state

And yet you've got so little of a life that you have wandered to the Indiana board to check out a penn state topic when you are an Iowa fan?

Hmm man I know it was a tough loss Saturday for you guys, but really it's time to move on and stop worrying about penn state
I get it...you are one of those guys. Hit the showers Jerry....

LOL, I was so worried about it that you guys trolled the Iowa boards last week and your back trolling the Indiana boards this week. Who has no life. LOL

8 year olds, Dude.

Lol keep moving the goal posts. You have the reading comprehension level I would expect from somebody with the free-time to post 1,200 comments in 5 months. So let me rehash.

Claims I made:
-"Barkley has a ton of promise, no doubt, and could accomplish any/all of those things but he hasn't yet." (Fact)
- "He is remarkable. But has not yet had a season as good as Coleman's junior year, so it is all speculation." (Fact)

Your response:
- "Coleman was a very good back but Barkley is a once in a decade (or two) player." (Speculation)
- "Find 50 talent scouts and ask them if they think Coleman is better than Barkley." (Speculation on other people's speculation)
- "Based on college achievement, Barkley will be a top 5 pick, while Coleman went in round 3." (Speculation)

Not only is not a single one of your arguments rooted in verifiable fact, they don't even address the original viewpoint put forward. Most likely because you can't debate the original viewpoint and therefore would have to note something positive about IU. Good riddance.

So can I just focus on your arguments for a second? #1 you call it "Fact" that Saquon is yet to accomplish much when in fact he just ran for 1600 yds as a sophomore when in half the games he didn't even play from midway through the 3rd quarter bc psu was winning by so much Yet still was able to win Big 10 Offensive player of the year. He follows it up this year by currently being the front runner for the Heisman Trophy and leading the Big 10 in rushing AND receiving (FACTS)

#2 point you make which I do disagree with but I will address it is Barkley so far his Junior Year is on pace for a better season overall than Coleman's Junior Year. If you would like to compare Coleman's freshman and sophomore years to Barkley's freshman and sophomore seasons please be my guest

Claims I made:

Your response:

Barkley is the better, more talented player. Ask any knowledgeable football fan, coach or player. You’re evaluating based purely on statistics, which is simplistic, at best. I get that Your IU fandom clouds your judgement here, but you look silly.

LOL, I was so worried about it that you guys trolled the Iowa boards last week and your back trolling the Indiana boards this week. Who has no life. LOL

Again, Indiana plays psu this week so talking about the game. What stake does Iowa have in this game besides you still being butt hurt from losing on the last play of the game saturday?

Again, Indiana plays psu this week so talking about the game. What stake does Iowa have in this game besides you still being butt hurt from losing on the last play of the game saturday?
I might be butt hurt for a week, but due to Paterno and Sandusky, your going to be butt hurt for ever. LOL

PS, I am going, this isn't my board and these people don't want to hear it, from me, or you, so take a hike Gumby

So can I just focus on your arguments for a second? #1 you call it "Fact" that Saquon is yet to accomplish much when in fact he just ran for 1600 yds as a sophomore when in half the games he didn't even play from midway through the 3rd quarter bc psu was winning by so much Yet still was able to win Big 10 Offensive player of the year. He follows it up this year by currently being the front runner for the Heisman Trophy and leading the Big 10 in rushing AND receiving (FACTS)

#2 point you make which I do disagree with but I will address it is Barkley so far his Junior Year is on pace for a better season overall than Coleman's Junior Year. If you would like to compare Coleman's freshman and sophomore years to Barkley's freshman and sophomore seasons please be my guest

I never said he is "yet to accomplish much." I said he is yet to have a season like Tevin did. Which is objectively true. Barkley did not have 1600 rushing yards last year, he had 1,496 yards on 272 carries. Coleman's best season was 2,036 on 270 carries and unanimous AA honors. Again, I think Barkley can and probably will accomplish something similar but he hasn't yet. Which is also objectively true. On pace is nice but sill meaningless. I'm on pace to be 50 in 20 years, but that doesn't make me 50.

Kijana Carter and Larry Johnson in addition to John C if you're talking unanimous AA. Although barring injury there is no question Barkley will be added to that list.

What you have to understand is even the old heads, guys who have been going to penn state games since Rip Engle was HC who have seen some of the greatest college football RB's ever both as psu players and opponents, all of them are saying the same thing, Barkley might just be better than any RB we have ever seen...

Last college year rushing stats for some of the TBs mentioned in this thread:

1. K. Carter---1795 rush yds, including the RB, 7.8 ypc, 26 TDs
  2. L. Johnson--2087 rush yds, 7.7 ypc, 20 TDs
  3. R. Bush--1740 rush yds, 8.7 ypc, 16 TDs
  4. T. Coleman--2036 rush yds, 7.5 ypc, 15 TDs
  5. M. Gordon--2587 yds, 7.5 ypc, 29 TDs
  6. Barkley--through 4 games--518 rush yds, 7.8 ypc, 4 TDs
Career rush stats coleman v. barkley to date:
*Barkley--520 attempts, 3090 yds, 5.9 ypc, 29 TDs
*Coleman--452 attempts, 3219 yds, 7.1 ypc, 28 TDs

Thanks for your participation. Now go away.

I might be butt hurt for a week, but due to Paterno and Sandusky, your going to be butt hurt for ever. LOL

PS, I am going, this isn't my board and these people don't want to hear it, from me, or you, so take a hike Gumby

Lol you were going after your first post, at least according to you.

You know they're broken when they resort to Sandusky jokes. Totally classless but humorous at this point as when you have no ability to talk logically and respectfully about football and have any argument just go to the well of Sandusky jokes... they were funny for a time, like 5 years ago, now you just look like a dipsh*t loser whose upset his team lost and can't get over it. Buh bye!

I never said he is "yet to accomplish much." I said he is yet to have a season like Tevin did. Which is objectively true. Barkley did not have 1600 rushing yards last year, he had 1,496 yards on 272 carries. Coleman's best season was 2,036 on 270 carries and unanimous AA honors. Again, I think Barkley can and probably will accomplish something similar but he hasn't yet. Which is also objectively true. On pace is nice but sill meaningless. I'm on pace to be 50 in 20 years, but that doesn't make me 50.

I hate iPhones, i meant to write 1500 just hit the 6 by accident. Anyways if all you're doing is looking at stats that's fine, if you aren't going to take into account blocking ability (which Barkley is far superior, it's not even close) catching ability and winning games, we just have different criteria for what makes a great season

I do wonder though, since you are such a stat man why are you leaving off receiving stats for both players?

I hate iPhones, i meant to write 1500 just hit the 6 by accident. Anyways if all you're doing is looking at stats that's fine, if you aren't going to take into account blocking ability (which Barkley is far superior, it's not even close) catching ability and winning games, we just have different criteria for what makes a great season

I do wonder though, since you are such a stat man why are you leaving off receiving stats for both players?

Tevin was 8th among RBs in receiving last year...

In the NFL.

IU didn't use him in the passing game, mostly because we had no passing game, not because he couldn't do it.

Barkley had 400 receiving yards last year... it's not like he blew it out of the water.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Lol you were going after your first post, at least according to you.

You know they're broken when they resort to Sandusky jokes. Totally classless but humorous at this point as when you have no ability to talk logically and respectfully about football and have any argument just go to the well of Sandusky jokes... they were funny for a time, like 5 years ago, now you just look like a dipsh*t loser whose upset his team lost and can't get over it. Buh bye!
While I have appreciated your football input, I don't think anyone from Penn State can ever denounce Sandusky references. The guy was found guilty for 45 counts of child abuse, and many incidents occurred in Penn State football facilities. The acts were so agregiously neglected, the court justly sentenced the vice president and the athletic director to jail time. Furthermore, your beloved Jo Pa protected Sandusky by disregarding it. There is no amount of time that will make Sandusky comments irrelevant at Penn State. I don't even know how you can still follow the program.

[QUOTE
Tevin was 8th among RBs in receiving last year...

In the NFL.

IU didn't use him in the passing game, mostly because we had no passing game, not because he couldn't do it.

Barkley had 400 receiving yards last year... it's not like he blew it out of the water.

Look man, if you want to convince yourself how great Tevin Coleman is and that he's better than Barkley in your mind thats fine, there's no point in talking to you, it's like talking to a brick wall.

I hope for your sake Barkley doesn't have the kind of week I expect, is not sure what you would do with yourself as you seem like one of the those posters who always believes he is right and is completely unwilling to listen to an opinion that differs from your own. Even if you said 2+2=5 and you are clearly wrong about something, you're one of those who just refuses to stop arguing you point.

In other news though Coleman isn't lining up on Saturday, he hasn't for 3 years. Maybe you should move on from him

Reactions: Ewezrfan1
While I have appreciated your football input, I don't think anyone from Penn State can ever denounce Sandusky references. The guy was found guilty for 45 counts of child abuse, and many incidents occurred in Penn State football facilities. The acts were so agregiously neglected, the court justly sentenced the vice president and the athletic director to jail time. Furthermore, your beloved Jo Pa protected Sandusky by disregarding it. There is no amount of time that will make Sandusky comments irrelevant at Penn State. I don't even know how you can still follow the program.

Do you think we've forgotten what happened? Do you not realize that it made us alumni and fans sick to their stomach when the reports came out and for 2 years straight the university was dragged through the mud. We don't need internet tough guys like yourself you want to show off how much you think you know by bringing up Sandusky any chance you get. What kind of service are you doing to the victims there? Constantly bringing up something that was horrible just to take a jab at a football team.

You say my beloved joe pa, when have I defended joe pa? You see you are making assumptions that are simply inaccurate and unfounded.

You want to know how I follow the program? I support the student athletes of my alma Mater that had nothing to do with what happened. I support James Franklin and the current administration for their tremendous work in bringing back psu to a tremendously respected university. When have you once heard me defend joe? I'll answer for you, you haven't.

Sandusky jokes at this point are like Kent state jokes. Yea everyone knows what happened and it's been discussed to death. Here we are 6 years later and your making Sandusky comments for no other reason than you don't like seeing penn state football do well.

I guarentee you could not name a single child abuse case that has occurred in the United States over the last 5 years without a google search so please save your moral hierarchy speech that's inevitably coming bc lord knows we've heard this same song and dance.

I support my team m, university and students athletes. I do not support the 5 men who folks like you try to portray as being representative of the school as a whole, which is absolute and utter nonsense.

So yes to answer the original thought, when you have nothing else to say and resort to Sandusky jokes which when written on a cfb forum is meant as nothing more than a malicious post to attempt to make us feel bad, yes you are broken. Problem is people have moved on including most of your board, and when you are that guy in public that brings up Sandusky and penn state, nobody likes that guy. None of our fans give a hoot what a user of an anonymous user name on an anonymous board has to say, I assure you whatever call from the mountains type of response you want to write will be nothing more than another pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about indiana's complete ineptitude at beating psu in football. Have a good one

Reactions: uscgPSU
[QUOTE

Look man, if you want to convince yourself how great Tevin Coleman is and that he's better than Barkley in your mind thats fine, there's no point in talking to you, it's like talking to a brick wall.

I hope for your sake Barkley doesn't have the kind of week I expect, is not sure what you would do with yourself as you seem like one of the those posters who always believes he is right and is completely unwilling to listen to an opinion that differs from your own. Even if you said 2+2=5 and you are clearly wrong about something, you're one of those who just refuses to stop arguing you point.

In other news though Coleman isn't lining up on Saturday, he hasn't for 3 years. Maybe you should move on from him
That cleft in your chin must be a dimple from the seam of Barkley's nut sack. Your man-crush is a little unsettling. How about you let the season play out and let his body of work speak for itself before you anoint him the greatest of all time. Hell, given how physical the game is, a running back is always one play away from the end of a career.

How do you think coming to an opponent's forum and denigrating one of its all-time great players is going to sit with the posters ? Chirping about your superiority is bound to result in somebody taking offense and then resorting to personal attacks. In the case of Penn State, you ought to know how the fans of other programs feel about what happened with Sandusky and Paterno and that ultimately, if you piss people off, they will bring it up. You should expect it.
So if you want to politely discuss football, most posters here will accommodate you. If you want to gloat about the superiority of your program and players, expect a little nastiness in return. You don't walk into somebody else's house and insult their children by comparing how much better your own are. If you do, you shouldn't be surprised and hurt when the other kid's parents change the subject to the fact that your wife cheats on you. Or that your uncle is a child molester and your dad covered it up for 20 years.

Do you think we've forgotten what happened? Do you not realize that it made us alumni and fans sick to their stomach when the reports came out and for 2 years straight the university was dragged through the mud. We don't need internet tough guys like yourself you want to show off how much you think you know by bringing up Sandusky any chance you get. What kind of service are you doing to the victims there? Constantly bringing up something that was horrible just to take a jab at a football team.

You say my beloved joe pa, when have I defended joe pa? You see you are making assumptions that are simply inaccurate and unfounded.

You want to know how I follow the program? I support the student athletes of my alma Mater that had nothing to do with what happened. I support James Franklin and the current administration for their tremendous work in bringing back psu to a tremendously respected university. When have you once heard me defend joe? I'll answer for you, you haven't.

Sandusky jokes at this point are like Kent state jokes. Yea everyone knows what happened and it's been discussed to death. Here we are 6 years later and your making Sandusky comments for no other reason than you don't like seeing penn state football do well.

I guarentee you could not name a single child abuse case that has occurred in the United States over the last 5 years without a google search so please save your moral hierarchy speech that's inevitably coming bc lord knows we've heard this same song and dance.

I support my team m, university and students athletes. I do not support the 5 men who folks like you try to portray as being representative of the school as a whole, which is absolute and utter nonsense.

So yes to answer the original thought, when you have nothing else to say and resort to Sandusky jokes which when written on a cfb forum is meant as nothing more than a malicious post to attempt to make us feel bad, yes you are broken. Problem is people have moved on including most of your board, and when you are that guy in public that brings up Sandusky and penn state, nobody likes that guy. None of our fans give a hoot what a user of an anonymous user name on an anonymous board has to say, I assure you whatever call from the mountains type of response you want to write will be nothing more than another pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better about indiana's complete ineptitude at beating psu in football. Have a good one

I have had great conversations with other PSU posters on OUR board in other threads. As I've said in other threads, I have enjoyed PSU fans at our Stadium on game day. You should self examine yourself and your approach to dialogue with other fan bases if you want to avoid the inevitable path your conversations are going to eventually travel down. You have been an ass on the board.

No one has said they don't want PSU to rise again. I am sure there are many that don't. If you don't understand why that is then you are "broken". The PSU program prospered for hiding the acts and allowing them to continue. This bothers people and brings it to the surface when you act an ass. Happy Valley has an entirely different connotation to everyone outside your program.

Fine,

Barkley is currently on pace to become the first fbs rb EVER to have 1000 yds rushing AND 1000 yds receiving in a single year. If he pulls off that feet will you still be going on about how Coleman is better? Barkley is the clear front runner for the Heisman trophy right now according to every news organization that covers college football. look at any and every nfl draft list and saquon barkley is listed as #1 or #2 overall on every single list. But yet your former RB who left 3 years ago who was taken in the 3rd round of the draft and isn't evfen the starter on his team is somehow more talented? Eh is what it is, I admire your pride in your program! I had a ton of fun with your fans about 6-7 years ago when we played you in DC. I was sitting right on the 45 next to the Indiana section, had a great time with your fans, some of the best in the Big 10!
Not sure if you have ever heard of a young man named Lamar Jackson even though not great last week vs Clemson he still has a chance.

Looking forward to a great game! Last year with 6 minutes left we were winning the game against psu. We actually had a chance when we got the ball back and fumbled away the opportunity as the final score did not reflect the play on the field. IU actually out rushed and out passed psu but 2 turnovers and a key one in the end.

DeBoard has had some pretty good gameplans so far this year. Question marks for me will be Lagow of course and accuracy. Lord the first couple throws last week were so far off the mark. Can we run the ball effectively while moving the chains? Ellison just runs pissed off and he will need to do that again. The DL for Southern last week was stout and IMO I was impressed with the way we ran. With PR in the game I'm more comfortable and I don't think he will be intimidated. He knows his way around the pocket pretty good so hopefully that continues.

Defensively gotta stop the run again and keep mcsorley in the pocket. Even if we do that the guy drops dimes. Also no breakdowns in the defensive scheme like getting drug out of position on crossing routes. The cb's are gonna be on islands BUT we have good cb's.

Special teams...Night and day from years past and a growing threat each week.

With Wilson's teams I always watched the first couple plays on offense and defense to see what kind of an attitude we had. It was always a huge chip as both lines would come out and punch the other team from both sides. I really have not seen that kind of an attitude so far this year so I'll be keeping an eye out especially at the start. Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: 76-1 and Mr. Jim
Psu fan here, apologize for psu fan coming here boasting our talent. Not in good taste. To give you some background, im all psu but I graduated from iu and attend at least 1 game a year. I'll be on the field for the Michigan game in a few weeks.

So to discuss the game. Gun to my head, I see a 10-14 point win for psu where the game is close into the 3rd quarter. I've been going to iu games for quite sometime and iu is finally putting out a complete team, solid on offense and defense. I do think relying on the passing game plays into penn state's strength as the secondary is probably the strongest unit of the defense. I'm not sure what to expect from the iu defense but I bet they employ the same strategy as last year which nearly worked. It just places a lot of pressure on your db's even though they are pretty good. If the game is close, our kicking game could be a problem as we've missed 4 already this year which isn't like Tyler Davis, need to get that cleaned up. If iu turns the ball over like last year, I can see this game getting out of hand fast. It will be a packed house too and the stadium will be rocking, penn state has major home field advantage. All I all, I fully expect a close game for a while. But if lego gets goofy or penn State is really clicking on offense, I could see it getting out of hand. But I'd bet on the former.

That cleft in your chin must be a dimple from the seam of Barkley's nut sack. Your man-crush is a little unsettling. How about you let the season play out and let his body of work speak for itself before you anoint him the greatest of all time. Hell, given how physical the game is, a running back is always one play away from the end of a career.

How do you think coming to an opponent's forum and denigrating one of its all-time great players is going to sit with the posters ? Chirping about your superiority is bound to result in somebody taking offense and then resorting to personal attacks. In the case of Penn State, you ought to know how the fans of other programs feel about what happened with Sandusky and Paterno and that ultimately, if you piss people off, they will bring it up. You should expect it.
So if you want to politely discuss football, most posters here will accommodate you. If you want to gloat about the superiority of your program and players, expect a little nastiness in return. You don't walk into somebody else's house and insult their children by comparing how much better your own are. If you do, you shouldn't be surprised and hurt when the other kid's parents change the subject to the fact that your wife cheats on you. Or that your uncle is a child molester and your dad covered it up for 20 years.
A little formal education would’ve served someone like you well.

You know what also irks other fanbases is that the NCAA lifted PSU sanctions. That once the smoked cleared and they felt the backlash would be minimal, they deemed that PSU shouldn't be punished anymore for hiding what was going on behind the scenes. In the end, PSU barely got punished.

Maybe if PSU had actually paid their dues and done their time so to speak then people wouldn't feel the need to bring it up.

Furthermore, it didn't take long for many PSU fans to want Joe Pa's statue back.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Psu fan here, apologize for psu fan coming here boasting our talent. Not in good taste. To give you some background, im all psu but I graduated from iu and attend at least 1 game a year. I'll be on the field for the Michigan game in a few weeks.

So to discuss the game. Gun to my head, I see a 10-14 point win for psu where the game is close into the 3rd quarter. I've been going to iu games for quite sometime and iu is finally putting out a complete team, solid on offense and defense. I do think relying on the passing game plays into penn state's strength as the secondary is probably the strongest unit of the defense. I'm not sure what to expect from the iu defense but I bet they employ the same strategy as last year which nearly worked. It just places a lot of pressure on your db's even though they are pretty good. If the game is close, our kicking game could be a problem as we've missed 4 already this year which isn't like Tyler Davis, need to get that cleaned up. If iu turns the ball over like last year, I can see this game getting out of hand fast. It will be a packed house too and the stadium will be rocking, penn state has major home field advantage. All I all, I fully expect a close game for a while. But if lego gets goofy or penn State is really clicking on offense, I could see it getting out of hand. But I'd bet on the former.

I kinda see things the same way. Close through the third QTR with PSU pulling away the last 1 1/2 qtrs... our defense has some seriously detrimental injuries for the game. If they are out we could be out early. Our coach said he hadn't raised the play of the 2's yet and that we needed to in order to rotate effectively.

I don't think anyone on here doesn't believe PSU is and should be favored in this game. We are trying to build a long lasting program here. The depths that our program has climbed from is lost on those that haven't lived it. It isn't the same program however, the "Gene" pool is still flawed a bit. We are working to change it. If you look at this years recruiting class, I think it may surpass CKW's classes . We are gonna have a solid defense for years to come.

I don't think I've seen it discussed but the flip of Tommy Stevens to PSU really hurt in my opinion. We haven't been able to recruit a high quality QB recently although we think we have some good ones on staff. Tommy would have been a lock at starter for us in my opinion.

That's the way I see it as well.

I do think it's more likely that it gets out of hand than that we have a chance to win at the end. We're playing a hot team in front of 100,000. We've never won that game. I can only think of 1 game where we ever won in front of 90,000 or more--osu in '88.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT