ADVERTISEMENT

Psu fan here thoughts on the game

Yet there is unsealed testimony that Joe knew as far back as 1976, I have no idea if that testimony is factual or not, but neither can anyone say it isn't factual. Anyone who says unequivocally that Joe didn't know is either an idiot or sticking their head in the sand. We will never know for sure one way or the other, but it is hard to imagine that one of your long time assistants was engaging in this behavior and you had no idea .
So, you acknowledge a lack of factual support, yet you claim those who don’t believe JP knew are sticking their heads in the sand? As we’ve seen regularly from you, you’ve never been very close to the facts. Thanks for admitting it once again.

I know how horrible this guy is......but for one time, on this subject only, I agree with him. My belief is that Paterno's fault in the matter has been overblown. I believe he was a tired old man who knew very little about the subject of child sexual abuse. I don't know of any actions he took to 'systematically cover up' the abuse. Yes, he should have followed up with his superiors concerning the investigation. But is was their responsibility to conduct the investigation.
Horrible guys tell the truth, but great guys don’t? Interesting standards you have. Lol

Did Joe Pa know? Based on the multiple accounts from Mike McQueary that proved to be wholly unreliable, there's no proof that Joe Pa knew kids were being abused, just as the Second Mile people didn't know, the State Police didn't know, the State's Attorney's didn't know, the agency that approves adoptions in Pennsylvania didn't know . . . See a trend?

Since McQueary's version of events changed repeatedly, it's impossible to know what he told JP, but we do know MM was so concerned about what he saw that he left the facility and went to his dad's house. He didn't try to help the kid, apprehend Sandusky, call the cops, nothing. He just left. And neither he, his father, nor their family friend were concerned enough to call the cops, either. So, an eyewitness thought so little of what he saw that he left, only giving JP a vague report of it the next day, but JP should've done something more than inform his superiors (which he did)?

Again, multiple public and private agencies, each trained to spot child abusers and abuse, didn't catch Sandusky, but the coach who couldn't even remember his player's names, who witnessed nothing, and who was given what can generously be characterized as a far less than credible story, should've known and acted?

As for Louis Freeh, his hastily assembled report was reminiscent of a high school book report, replete with both factual errors as well as grammatical ones. It was roundly discredited by Dick Thornbirgh's far more thorough analysis, and Freeh quickly went quiet rather than defend a document unworthy of his previous government work and reputation.

As I said, you get dumber with every post.

Haha this post really does have it all. Some character assassination against McQuery, some whatabboutism on mcQuery's failure to act as if that absolves JoePa's failure to act, using the fact that the police were never told as some circular logic on how JoePa must not have known and therefore is absolved, some more faulty logic regarding some "trained abuse spotters" who couldn't spot a guy who was convicted of 52 counts of child abuse as if their lack of credibility absolves JoePa... completely neglects the reality that the claims were covered up or buried to protect the program these people root for, and that abuse continued long after JoePa first caught whiff of anything, and he did NOT do everything in his power to escalate to authorities. He did the bare minimum to stay out of jail unlike his superiors but he certainly didn't do everything he could.

Imagine my utter lack of surprise when you turn out to be a JoePa apologist.......

Reactions: Blue_J and 76-1
Horrible guys tell the truth, but great guys don’t? Interesting standards you have. Lol

lololol, my sides.

You are the Don Quixote of this board- imagining yourself as the last bastion of chivalry and justice, while the rest of us see nothing more than a sad, sad man shaking sticks at windmills.

Haha this post really does have it all. Some character assassination against McQuery, some whatabboutism on mcQuery's failure to act as if that absolves JoePa's failure to act, using the fact that the police were never told as some circular logic on how JoePa must not have known and therefore is absolved, some more faulty logic regarding some "trained abuse spotters" who couldn't spot a guy who was convicted of 52 counts of child abuse as if their lack of credibility absolves JoePa... completely neglects the reality that the claims were covered up or buried to protect the program these people root for, and that abuse continued long after JoePa first caught whiff of anything, and he did NOT do everything in his power to escalate to authorities. He did the bare minimum to stay out of jail unlike his superiors but he certainly didn't do everything he could.

Imagine my utter lack of surprise when you turn out to be a JoePa apologist.......
So, no countering factual information to refute anything of the facts I provided you? Please don’t ever wonder why your credibility on this or other subjects is nonexistent. You’ve given everyone reading your posts no reason to take them seriously.

lololol, my sides.

You are the Don Quixote of this board- imagining yourself as the last bastion of chivalry and justice, while the rest of us see nothing more than a sad, sad man shaking sticks at windmills.
And you’re the poster who tried to make an argument, absent any facts, and fell flat on your face. You look dumb because you are dumb. That you can’t see it isn’t a defense.

So, no countering factual information to refute anything of the facts I provided you? Please don’t ever wonder why your credibility on this or other subjects is nonexistent. You’ve given everyone reading your posts no reason to take them seriously.

Why counter something irrelevant to the topic at hand?! "Water is wet. Counter that or you lose this argument...."

You are the king of whatabboutisms and strawmen to try to pivot a topic away to something that may provide cover for your lunacy, and I will not let you. I said Barkley had never achieved yet what Coleman did. That is an undeniable fact, but you want to argue absolutely anything pro-IU, so you pivot into some strawman argument about scouts preferring Barkley as if it has anything to do at all with what I originally said.

I say Joe Paterno was part of a systemic cover-up of child abuse at PSU. You pivot into some strawman argument that, among other things, because child abuse spotters could not spot a man who was literally convicted of abusing children (52 counts), Joe Paterno is off the hook. Stop weaseling around it and address the argument.

Was child abuse systemically covered up as PSU, yes or no?
Did Joe Paterno do everything within his power to shine light on that child abuse, yes or no?

Reactions: 76-1
Law school is not intelligence -- anyone who can graduate from college with a 3.0 has plenty of intelligence to graduate from law school -- it's just a lot of work to put up with, check your sanity and dedication... but, no, it's really not a show of some great intelligence.

My point was not to state how smart I am or that I am the smartest guy in the room, but rather state that I am not stupid. The previous poster claimed I am a total moron who doesn't know how to make a logical point, which is false and unsubstantiated. I have an undergrad degree and a law degree, and you normally have to have some intelligence, be well read, and understand how to make a good argument to do so. Never claimed to be a genius. But, I can't really point to one of my law school classmates that was stupid or average.

Granted, the previous poster is a disturbed individual who has to be the smartest guy in the room and insults and picks fights with random posters: thus, my attempt to reason with him and provide actual evidence for an argument was likely wasted energy. The correct response is to ignore said types of people and not let them drag you down with them, which is what I am doing from here on out: life is too short.

Why counter something irrelevant to the topic at hand?! "Water is wet. Counter that or you lose this argument...."

You are the king of whatabboutisms and strawmen to try to pivot a topic away to something that may provide cover for your lunacy, and I will not let you. I said Barkley had never achieved yet what Coleman did. That is an undeniable fact, but you want to argue absolutely anything pro-IU, so you pivot into some strawman argument about scouts preferring Barkley as if it has anything to do at all with what I originally said.

I say Joe Paterno was part of a systemic cover-up of child abuse at PSU. You pivot into some strawman argument that, among other things, because child abuse spotters could not spot a man who was literally convicted of abusing children (52 counts), Joe Paterno is off the hook. Stop weaseling around it and address the argument.

Did Joe Paterno do everything within his power to shine light on that child abuse, yes or no?
I merely said Barkley is the better back, and I believe the vast majority of football knowledgeable observers agree with that assessment. Youve chosen to judge solely based on a statistical comparison, which overwhelmingly tends to be a superficial tactic of those who know little about the subject at hand. Pretty straightforward.

As for JP, you’ve presented no factual information whatsoever and nothing to refute the facts I’ve offered. You’re simply offering an emotional perspective devoid of any basis in fact, yet you want to be taken seriously, and you’re throwing a little fit because you aren’t. Sorry if I don’t have much sympathy for that approach.

I merely said Barkley is the better back, and I believe the vast majority of football knowledgeable observers agree with that assessment. Youve chosen to judge solely based on a statistical comparison, which overwhelmingly tends to be a superficial tactic of those who know little about the subject at hand. Pretty straightforward.

As for JP, you’ve presented no factual information whatsoever and nothing to refute the facts I’ve offered. You’re simply offering an emotional perspective devoid of any basis in fact, yet you want to be taken seriously, and you’re throwing a little fit because you aren’t. Sorry if I don’t have much sympathy for that approach.

More smugness, more strawmen, more avoidance of addressing anything pertinent. Never change Almighty Ewezrfan.

More smugness, more strawmen, more avoidance of addressing anything pertinent. Never change Almighty Ewezrfan.

The "Jo Pa was a tired old man who didn't know what sexual abuse was" argument is so laughable. If that is the case and Jo Pa was so naive to not understand that a grown man naked in the shower with young boys was a big red flag, well....then...Jo Pa must have been dumber than dirt.

Reactions: wakeman26

Wake: With all due respect, you're spinning your wheels. See the second paragraph of Jimbo's post above. This isn't a case of a guy who's simply an a-hole. He's not thinking clearly. Irrespective of the topic, this is always how it devolves.

The "Jo Pa was a tired old man who didn't know what sexual abuse was" argument is so laughable. If that is the case and Jo Pa was so naive to not understand that a grown man naked in the shower with young boys was a big red flag, well....then...Jo Pa must have been dumber than dirt.

No offense BCRB but you are not A.E. therefore you are uncapable of understanding the facts, thus rendering your opinion worthless. Please just take A.E.'s word for it. JoePa somehow knew touching boys in the shower should be reported to his supervisor but he could not possibly have known to contact the police. He couldn't even remember his players' names for crying out loud!

In Paterno's own words from his deposition:

"He (McQueary) had seen a person, an older person, fondling a young boy. I don't know what you would call it, but it was of a sexual nature. I didn't push Mike to describe it because he was already upset, but it was something inappropriate to a youngster."

"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him."

Nothing says "doing everything possible" like waiting a few days to tell your boss about potential child sexual assault.

Almighty Ewezrfan, I will ask you again:

Was there systematic covering of child sexual assault at PSU, yes or no?
Did Joe Paterno do everything in his power to stop it, yes or no?

Who claimed JP saw Sandusky in the shower with kids? Please link that or admit you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wake: With all due respect, you're spinning your wheels. See the second paragraph of Jimbo's post above. This isn't a case of a guy who's simply an a-hole. He's not thinking clearly. Irrespective of the topic, this is always how it devolves.
Says the guy who can't ignore me.

No offense BCRB but you are not A.E. therefore you are uncapable of understanding the facts, thus rendering your opinion worthless. Please just take A.E.'s word for it. JoePa somehow knew touching boys in the shower should be reported to his supervisor but he could not possibly have known to contact the police. He couldn't even remember his players' names for crying out loud!

In Paterno's own words from his deposition:

"He (McQueary) had seen a person, an older person, fondling a young boy. I don't know what you would call it, but it was of a sexual nature. I didn't push Mike to describe it because he was already upset, but it was something inappropriate to a youngster."

"I didn't want to interfere with their weekends, (so) either Saturday or Monday, I talked to my boss, Tim Curley, by phone, saying, 'Hey we got a problem' and I explained the problem to him."

Nothing says "doing everything possible" like waiting a few days to tell your boss about potential child sexual assault.

Almighty Ewezrfan, I will ask you again:

And McQueary was so concerned about what he saw, so upset about it, that he left. He didn't help the kid. He didn't deck Sandusky. He didn't call the cops. He went to his Dad's house. The he went home.

Does that sound like the actions of someone who witnessed the rape of a childhood?

So, no, there wasn't systematic covering up of sexual abuse by JP, and thee Odense absolutely doesn't support what you claim. Not sure how even someone as intellectually challenged as you can come up with a different conclusion, other than the high likelihood that the truth isn't your concern and never has been. That's why you have no credibility. Well, that's one of the reasons you have no credibility.

And McQueary was so concerned about what he saw, so upset about it, that he left. He didn't help the kid. He didn't deck Sandusky. He didn't call the cops. He went to his Dad's house. The he went home.

Does that sound like the actions of someone who witnessed the rape of a childhood?

So, no, there wasn't systematic covering up of sexual abuse by JP, and thee Odense absolutely doesn't support what you claim. Not sure how even someone as intellectually challenged as you can come up with a different conclusion, other than the high likelihood that the truth isn't your concern and never has been. That's why you have no credibility. Well, that's one of the reasons you have no credibility.

Hahahahaha so now Joe Paterno is lying in his deposition! He wasn't told that something of a "sexual nature" occurred! The Oracle of Rivals, Almighty Ewerzfan, can instinctly tell that Joe Paterno made that up, based on his psychological interpretation of a different man's actions.

According to A.E., either JoePa decidedly to lie in order to willingly potentially incriminate himself, or he told the truth. And if he told the truth that means that 1) he didn't care enough to ask Mike to clarify what exactly he meant by an older man fondling a "youngster" and 2) didn't want to bother his boss on a weekend after hearing an older man was fondling a youngster at their private facilities.

Almighty Ewezrfan is now omniscient on top of being a faux-intellectual fraud.

Hahahahaha so now Joe Paterno is lying in his deposition! He wasn't told that something of a "sexual nature" occurred! The Oracle of Rivals, Almighty Ewerzfan, can instinctly tell that Joe Paterno made that up, based on his psychological interpretation of a different man's actions.

According to A.E., either JoePa decidedly to lie in order to willingly potentially incriminate himself, or he told the truth. And if he told the truth that means that 1) he didn't care enough to ask Mike to clarify what exactly he meant by an older man fondling a "youngster" and 2) didn't want to bother his boss on a weekend after hearing an older man was fondling a youngster at their private facilities.

Joe told no lies and covered nothing up. The 1970s stuff is BS even the guy's own lawyer said he wasn't credible. Idiot also named a coach as a witness who wasn't at UP until 1991. Insurance company wouldn't pay PSU back for fake claims in 70s. Guy's a liar.

He was told something by a guy who was so concerned about what he witnessed that he left. He did nothing. And, as a result, idiots like you blame Paterno. And then, in the most insincere gesture of all, you invoke the victims, as if you care at all about them. You're about blame, pure and simple, and nothing else.

You get decidedly dumber with every post.

Reactions: denniskembala
He was told something by a guy who was so concerned about what he witnessed that he left. He did nothing. And, as a result, idiots like you blame Paterno. And then, in the most insincere gesture of all, you invoke the victims, as if you care at all about them. You're about blame, pure and simple, and nothing else.

But the point is, he was told. It doesn't matter who it was by. He was told. With even the remote possibility of any wrong doing occurring, you've gotta report it.

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
But the point is, he was told. It doesn't matter who it was by. He was told. With even the remote possibility of any wrong doing occurring, you've gotta report it.
The point is, no one really knows what he was told, only that McQueary onviously didn't believe there was anything to it since he took absolutely no action whatsoever. Nonetheless, Paterno did report whatever he was told, even though he clearly witnessed nothing.

Almighty Ewezrfan, he said, out loud and on the record, what he was told. He was told something of a sexual nature occurred where an older man was fondling a youngster. I guess I'm the only one here who would be concerned by that. That's a totally normal, nonchalant deal for Almighty Ewezrfan. You are more disturbed than I thought.

Almighty Ewezrfan, he said, out loud and on the record, what he was told. He was told something of a sexual nature occurred where an older man was fondling a youngster. I guess I'm the only one here who would be concerned by that. That's a totally normal, nonchalant deal for Almighty Ewezrfan. You are more disturbed than I thought.

You're another Penn Live idiot. "I don't know what you'd call it". Left that part out, eh clownbag?

And he reported the meandering story he was told, ebven though it obviously lacked credibility due to McQueary's complete lack of action or urgency. Why do you continue to deny the facts? If you're looking to be taken seriously, pretending these facts don't exist isn't the way to do it. Are you purposely ignorant in an effort to push an agenda or simply unable to understand what actually occurred?

There was no Law in 2001 that required Paterno, Schulz, Curley or Spanier to report anything.

...obviously you didn't think that comment through. The obvious response is regardless if there was a law or not, a moral obligation required it. If it was your child, would you not expect them too report it? Would you have wanted them to report it? If you answered yes (I would assume that is your answer) the question is why would you expect it? Because it is the only hope of protection the child had.

Certainly calls character, integrity, and lack of a moral compass into play. I don't think you can dispute that. There was more concern given to protecting the Programs image than protecting the child. That is a sad thing and why people are going to jail.

You're another Penn Live idiot. "I don't know what you'd call it". Left that part out, eh clownbag?

I posted his full quote up the thread. I have no issue with the facts. This really isn't controversial outside of the PSU fan base. I grew up admiring Paterno, I almost went to Brown because he went there, but I'm capable of recognizing when somebody ****s up beyond repair and adjust my opinion of them accordingly. He knew he ****ed up beyond repair. I will never, ever defend these actions, and believe the only people who would are PSU diehards or morally bankrupt sociopaths... Almighty Ewezrfan is not a diehard PSU fan so, I guess that answers that.

He has posted 20+ responses on why I'm wrong and an idiot and how smart he is, but has yet to answer these two questions:

Im done clogging this thread up, apologies to the rest of the board, but the Oracle of Rivals Almighty Ewezrfan should actually have to back up his antagonistic argumental posts and answer the questions.

Hoping for a great game today! I will be on a plane for most of it but hoping I can catch the 4th quarter.

There was no Law in 2001 that required Paterno, Schulz, Curley or Spanier to report anything.
PSU fans excusing and even supporting Paterno's behavior are part of the problem. I hope their fans know that this stain will NEVER go away. Outside of their fan base no one takes them serious anymore. It's a disgrace they still have a football program.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
I posted his full quote up the thread. I have no issue with the facts. This really isn't controversial outside of the PSU fan base. I grew up admiring Paterno, I almost went to Brown because he went there, but I'm capable of recognizing when somebody ****s up beyond repair and adjust my opinion of them accordingly. He knew he ****ed up beyond repair. I will never, ever defend these actions, and believe the only people who would are PSU diehards or morally bankrupt sociopaths... Almighty Ewezrfan is not a diehard PSU fan so, I guess that answers that.

He has posted 20+ responses on why I'm wrong and an idiot and how smart he is, but has yet to answer these two questions:

Im done clogging this thread up, apologies to the rest of the board, but the Oracle of Rivals Almighty Ewezrfan should actually have to back up his antagonistic argumental posts and answer the questions.

Hoping for a great game today! I will be on a plane for most of it but hoping I can catch the 4th quarter.
In other words, you're unwilling or incapable of countering any of the facts I've posted, preferring instead to rely on your emotional, fact free arguments. Thanks for acknowledging what we already knew about you.

And again, since you're terribly slow: No, there wasn't systematic "covering up" of child abusers at PSU, and the evidence doesn't support that there was. The evidence does support that JP did what he should've based upon what he very likely knew, though I don't doubt for a second that, upon learning more about what Sandusky did (well after the fact, by the way), that he didn't die regretful that he might've somehow done more. I've answered these repeatedly, unlike your flat out refusal to do the same.

And please save the "I almost went to Brown" nonsense. People who use the word "argumental" don't get admitted to Brown. Even you should understand that.

In other words, you're unwilling or incapable of countering any of the facts I've posted, preferring instead to rely on your emotional, fact free arguments. Thanks for acknowledging what we already knew about you.

And again, since you're terribly slow: No, there wasn't systematic "covering up" of child abusers at PSU, and the evidence doesn't support that there was. The evidence does support that JP did what he should've based upon what he very likely knew, though I don't doubt for a second that, upon learning more about what Sandusky did (well after the fact, by the way), that he didn't die regretful that he might've somehow done more. I've answered these repeatedly, unlike your flat out refusal to do the same.

And please save the "I almost went to Brown" nonsense. People who use the word "argumental" don't get admitted to Brown. Even you should understand that.

Hahahaha Almighty Ewezrfan, your ignorance shows with every post. You know what they say about assuming, it makes an ass out of yourself... but you've already done that about 1,200 times here since May.

I'm not here for an online dick measuring contest with a sociopath but if you want to see my diploma sometime I'll be happy to show you. Stop pretending to know things you don't and people would maybe listen to your Divine Intellect a little more, Almighty Ewezrfan.

Hahahaha Almighty Ewezrfan, your ignorance shows with every post. You know what they say about assuming, it makes an ass out of yourself... but you've already done that about 1,200 times here since May.

I'm not here for an online dick measuring contest with a sociopath but if you want to see my diploma sometime I'll be happy to show you. Stop pretending to know things you don't and people would maybe listen to your Divine Intellect a little more, Almighty Ewezrfan.
Again, you choose to avoid the facts, which says everything about the qualit and legitimacy of your position. You look uninformed for a very simple reason: You are.

But good call on Coleman being better than Barkley. Lol

PSU fans excusing and even supporting Paterno's behavior are part of the problem. I hope their fans know that this stain will NEVER go away. Outside of their fan base no one takes them serious anymore. It's a disgrace they still have a football program.

There are a number of PSU grads I feel bad for. The man they thought of as a hero turned out to be a horrible human being. Heartbreaking.

The Jobots who make excuses are disgusting.

Reactions: ZildjianZLine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT