ADVERTISEMENT

Progress being made in Chicago

Lol. Carjacked for the second time in 2 months. Doc better watch out in that $160k ride.

First of all, you must not have read your own article, because he wasn't "car jacked". He had his car stolen once and people were trying to steal his car a second time (he wasn't in his car either time, so it's not "carjacking"), so he ran outside firing his gun into the air when the car was nowhere in sight.

Guess what? Those bullets are going to come down somewhere (although you probably don't believe in gravity either, given that it's all sciency and stuff). The answer to every problem in life is not a bullet. The guy sounds like moron...which is why he doordashes for a living.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
What the hell are you talking about you idiot? I've lived all over this city. My girlfriend of 3 years lives in Ukrainian Village. I go to Pilsen West Town, Little Village all the time. Even Bronzeville.

Do I hang out in Garfield Park, Austin and Englewood at nighttime? No. You don't either and you're lying if you say otherwise.
Was I in Garfield Park when I was walking by shell casings at Milwaukee/ Grand?

Was I in Garfield Park when I was walking by shell casings at Milwaukee/ Grand?

How long have you lived in this city? There are bullet holes in Holy Name Cathedral in downtown Chicago from the 1930s. You really think there aren't going to be any shootings EVER in downtown Chicago?

schipper4.jpg

How are you able operate here? OMG! You saw shell casings on Millwaukee and Grand Ave? Naperville is calling your name!

How long have you lived in this city? There are bullet holes in Holy Name Cathedral in downtown Chicago from the 1930s. You really think there aren't going to be any shootings EVER in downtown Chicago?

schipper4.jpg

How are you able operate here? OMG! You saw shell casings on Millwaukee and Grand Ave? Naperville is calling your name!
So your stance is the increasing gun violence in once safe areas like River North and The Loop is ho hum, because “Hey, Al Capone once lived here”.

Let’s call you assertion that the real violence is limited to a select few areas what it is, increasingly untrue by the day.

So your stance is the increasing gun violence in once safe areas like River North and The Loop is ho hum, because “Hey, Al Capone once lived here”.

Let’s call you assertion that the real violence is limited to a select few areas what it is, increasingly untrue by the day.

Okay, so...you are aware that Cabrini Green used to be a few blocks Northeast of Grand and Millwaukee, right? That was an incredibly dangerous area not that long ago. Murders in the Loop have DECREASED, not increased.

When I moved here in 1993, Old Town south of North Ave was horrible. There were prostitutes walking the around where the Home Depot is on North Ave. Wicker Park was awful. As was Logan Square. Where the Whole Foods is on Kingbury was total no mans land. As was Goose Island.

The fact is, you don't have any idea of what you're talking about. You must not remember that it used to be that you were in a VERY dangerous area between Greektown and United Center, right? Now you can walk safely all the way to the games. People with families walking their dogs safely at night there....and great restaurants on Randolph and Fulton Area. All that has been over the last 25 years.

Murder rates were worse in the '70s, 'and 80s than they are now, and they started their downward trend in '90. 1974 was the most dangerous year in Chicago history. Murders have risen again over the last couple of years for a variety of reasons. Economic uncertainty, the pandemic. The clubs in River North have always been drawn a mixed bag of people from everywhere.

Chicago-murder-rate-by-community-area.jpg

And...because you are going with your "gut", which is usually wrong, yes..the murder rate in Al Capone's day was about what it is today.

1200px-Chicago_Homicides_each_Year.svg.png

You really need to move. You seem to be having a panic attack.

Last edited:
Okay, so...you are aware that Cabrini Green used to be a few blocks Northeast of Grand and Millwaukee, right? That was an incredibly dangerous area not that long ago. Murders in the Loop have DECREASED, not increased.

When I moved here in 1993, Old Town south of North Ave was horrible. There were prostitutes walking the around where the Home Depot is on North Ave. Wicker Park was awful. As was Logan Square. Where the Whole Foods is on Kingbury was total no mans land. As was Goose Island.

The fact is, you don't have any idea of what you're talking about. You must not remember that it used to be that you were in a VERY dangerous area between Greektown and United Center, right? Now you can walk safely all the way to the games. People with families walking their dogs safely at night there....and great restaurants on Randolph and Fulton Area. All that has been over the last 25 years.

Murder rates were worse in the '70s, 'and 80s than they are now, and they started their downward trend in '90. 1974 was the most dangerous year in Chicago history. Murders have risen again over the last couple of years for a variety of reasons. Economic uncertainty, the pandemic. The clubs in River North have always been drawn a mixed bag of people from everywhere.

Chicago-murder-rate-by-community-area.jpg

You really need to move. You seem to be having a panic attack.
Why are you talking to me about the 70’s and 80’s compared to now? Everyone knows crime was worse back then. General consensus is that poverty drives crime, but the pandemic hasn’t brought on severe poverty due to broadened government assistance and we didn’t see such a surge post 2008. So why the uptick in murders for the first time in decades (highest in 25 years)? And why do you feel undermining police is the answer to stem the rise?

I find it concerning, it doesn’t mean I’m having a panic attack. Your problem Dr is that you see admitting that you’re concerned to be the same as a condemnation of Chicago’s Democratic governance. Like the right wingers in this thread your view is entirely colored by your politics.

Why are you talking to me about the 70’s and 80’s compared to now? Everyone knows crime was worse back then. General consensus is that poverty drives crime, but the pandemic hasn’t brought on severe poverty due to broadened government assistance and we didn’t see such a surge post 2008. So why the uptick in murders for the first time in decades (highest in 25 years)? And why do you feel undermining police is the answer to stem the rise?

I find it concerning, it doesn’t mean I’m having a panic attack. Your problem Dr is that you see admitting that you’re concerned to be the same as a condemnation of Chicago’s Democratic governance. Like the right wingers in this thread your view is entirely colored by your politics.

No...the problem is my view is colored by facts.

You have provided none, other than the fact that you saw some shell casings on the ground from two cars full of gang members shooting it out with each other. Unfortunately you were around the scene of a crime. I hate to sound like a broken record, but in 28 years I've lived here, I've never seen a gun or a shell casing. The closest thing I've seen was watching CPD Bomb Squad two buildings over removing devices from where a right wing nut that was building bombs in his apartment. Of course, he was taking Hydroxychloroquine (naturally) and god knows what he planned on doing. Luckily he accidentally poisoned himself.

What you don't understand that this isn't unprecedented as the data I posted shows. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about violence. You are the person making sweeping claims about murders where they aren't happening (in the Loop) I don't believe for a second that you knew "crime was worse back then".

Also, the pandemic has created massive amounts of stress on people. I have no idea if that's why violence is up. Another guess is that people being holed up in their houses all winter and the pandemic receding allowed them to be out and about and in contact with rival gangs. Just a guess.

And what the hell are you talking about? How am I "undermining police"?

No...the problem is my view is colored by facts.

You have provided none, other than the fact that you saw some shell casings on the ground from two cars full of gang members shooting it out with each other. Unfortunately you were around the scene of a crime. I hate to sound like a broken record, but in 28 years I've lived here, I've never seen a gun or a shell casing. The closest thing I've seen was watching CPD Bomb Squad two buildings over removing devices from where a right wing nut that was building bombs in his apartment. Of course, he was taking Hydroxychloroquine (naturally) and god knows what he planned on doing. Luckily he accidentally poisoned himself.

What you don't understand that this isn't unprecedented as the data I posted shows. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned about violence. You are the person making sweeping claims about murders where they aren't happening (in the Loop) I don't believe for a second that you knew "crime was worse back then".

Also, the pandemic has created massive amounts of stress on people. I have no idea if that's why violence is up. Another guess is that people being holed up in their houses all winter and the pandemic receding allowed them to be out and about and in contact with rival gangs. Just a guess.

And what the hell are you talking about? How am I "undermining police"?
Lol you can sit here and stick your head in the ground, but the stats are on MY side. We’re going to have the most murders in 25 years. This shit is literally happening by the hour now.

It calls for drastic measures to make it stop, have you seen any? Budget increase is a start but we need to go Giuliani on these animals.

Last edited:
Lol you can sit here and stick your head in the ground, but the stats are on MY side. We’re going to have the most murders in 25 years. This shit is literally happening by the hour now.

It calls for drastic measures to make it stop, have you seen any?
See, I post comprehensive data. You post one incident or another, which really mean nothing. It's happening every hour now? So...since murder rates were worse for decades, that means "shit" was happening by the hour before. Do you realize how spurious your posts are? Why are you having so much trouble?

In 2020, major cities across the country had huge spikes in murder rates. This isn't just a Chicago problem.

23905.jpeg

So, to your post, what are your suggestions? Perhaps you should present your ideas to the CPD. Lead us forward.

OMG!!:

We're not even safe in CHURCH anymore!!!:

Last edited:
302 children have been shot in Chicago alone this year. Only 214 people under age 18 have died from COVID in the whole country this year. 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
302 children have been shot in Chicago alone this year. Only 214 people under age 18 have died from COVID in the whole country this year. 🤔
16,500 people died of COVID in Illinois in 2020. 979 murders took place in Illinois in 2020. That ranks 13th in the nation per capita. I realize Trump's obsession with Chicago makes every Trumpster go nuts about Chicago....but...

Over 700,000 people are dead of COVID.

What's your point?

Last edited:

It calls for drastic measures to make it stop, have you seen any? Budget increase is a start but we need to go Giuliani on these animals.
Ruled a suicide fwiw.

Just another day in the Windy City...

No worries though..., it was "mostly peaceful" while the Mayor and her security entourage were there... :

Another Trump parrot.

Any thoughts on Indy football games getting shot up and canceled?

Crime is worse everywhere per capita. For example, Indy is on pace for one of its most violent years in recent memory.

People keeping up this Chicago crime scoreboard are truly pathetic. Stay in your shitty little town please, it’s not your concern. Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
Aren’t you the one that calls people hillbillies?

Anyway, it says something pretty clear that none of these cowards ever step up to defend their Indiana shit hole town or Florida retirement community when bashing Chicago.

Big cities have big city problems, Chicago’s are worse than usual right now. Bad governance is a big reason why.

But you do miss out on a lot when you live in a cultureless hellhole like most in this board. To them, a trip to Bloomington for a basketball game is like visiting Paris.
Sounds like you live in a gated community/One Flew Over the Coco's Nest.

Chicago sucks

The Rest Of IL.

Another Trump parrot.

Crime is worse everywhere per capita. For example, Indy is on pace for one of its most violent years in recent memory.

People keeping up this Chicago crime scoreboard are truly pathetic. Stay in your shitty little town please, it’s not your concern. Thanks
I've been to Gary & Chicago, & when you come to a Chicago stop sign, on the lower east side, you stop only if you don't ever plan to leave the city again.

Gary > Windy City

Car 54, ...?

Sounds like you live in a gated community/One Flew Over the Coco's Nest.

Chicago sucks

The Rest Of IL.
IL is strange state geographically and would be by far the worst state in the US without Chicago. Outside of the Chicagoland area is essentially a combination of Missouri and Kentucky. Indiana is by far superior in that regard.

IL is strange state geographically and would be by far the worst state in the US without Chicago. Outside of the Chicagoland area is essentially a combination of Missouri and Kentucky. Indiana is by far superior in that regard.
I'll take the burbs & hill country, southern IL, KY. & MO. over any part of Chicago, gated or not.

Dodging gunfire & rolling through stop signs is not my idea of 'the good life'. :O

Green Acres >>> City life

From Within

I'll take the burbs & hill country, southern IL, KY. & MO. over any part of Chicago, gated or not.

Dodging gunfire & rolling through stop signs is not my idea of 'the good life'. :O

Green Acres >>> City life

From Within
Great, well maybe just do that and STFU?

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
Great, well maybe just do that and STFU?
I did like the Shedd Aquarium & museums though. The air sucks, & they turned the Chicago River green when I was last there. Like any 'big city', if you stay clear of certain neighborhoods, especially at night, it's not as bad as often advertised. Food was good too. Love Chicago style pizza.

South of Chicago, they do seem to have a different attitude/way of life though. That's the part I prefer. I love the hill country. Bloomington is a fantastic place, especially the IU campus & the Hyper.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Another Trump parrot.

"Crime is worse ... Indy is on pace..."

That's because Indy has a (D)/criminal loving mayor/ Joe Hogsett. Even moderate (R) Indy mayors Goldsmith & Hudnut had crime under control much better than the most conservative (D) mayors the city has ever had. (R)s >>> crime/criminals. The liberal 'Chicago way' politics & criminal justice would never fly in Indy, fortunately.

Indy >>> Chicago

:O

• Haha
See, I post comprehensive data. You post one incident or another, which really mean nothing. It's happening every hour now? So...since murder rates were worse for decades, that means "shit" was happening by the hour before. Do you realize how spurious your posts are? Why are you having so much trouble?

In 2020, major cities across the country had huge spikes in murder rates. This isn't just a Chicago problem.

23905.jpeg

So, to your post, what are your suggestions? Perhaps you should present your ideas to the CPD. Lead us forward.

OMG!!:

Suggestion: elect Republican mayors.

Reactions: 76-1
Suggestion: elect Republican mayors.
Exactly, & what do they all have in common? (D) mayors/lax on crime/criminals. I. e., 'broken window' policing & enforcement/prosecution, a broken local criminal justice system/get out of jail free cards. Hell, some cities are now paying/rewarding criminals, for not committing crimes.

When you/we reward criminal behavior, guess what we get/deserve? Yep, more criminal behavior/crimes. We need to stop incentivizing crime & criminal behavior. They use to call that extortion, part of the 'rackets', & now a RICO violation. It sent Al Capone to prison (income tax evasion), now we reward people/gangs for it. This never ends well.

Not good/survivable/ending well

Leroy Brown :O

Last edited:

23905.jpeg

OMG!!:

"See, I post ..."

Why is it, when the (D)s take over as mayors of these places, crime always starts to rise, & drops when a (R) mayor gets back into power? Btw, is Gary, East Chicago or Chicago the 'Murder Capital of America' now?

Sincerely

Joe Hogsett

Kim Foxx is a big part of the current problem:

I saw that on the news last night. Absolutely ridiculous. To the mayor's credit she called foxx out.

How this prosecutor got elected is hard to imagine. It's like the prosecutor in Stl goofed last year and had to dismiss charges on three people charged with murder. Elected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
I saw that on the news last night. Absolutely ridiculous. To the mayor's credit she called foxx out.

How this prosecutor got elected is hard to imagine. It's like the prosecutor in Stl goofed last year and had to dismiss charges on three people charged with murder. Elected.

even after the Jussie fiasco… CPD’s handcuffed

Easy, two opposing idiots ran against each other and split their vote. She will be out in 2024, but that’s a long way away. She’s in tight with Lori’s last opponent, so the conspiracy is that she’s trying to tank Lori’s term by any means necessary.

Foxx’s BS will come back on her in time.

Easy, two opposing idiots ran against each other and split their vote. She will be out in 2024, but that’s a long way away. She’s in tight with Lori’s last opponent, so the conspiracy is that she’s trying to tank Lori’s term by any means necessary.

Foxx’s BS will come back on her in time.
Good. We have the same shit in Stl. Probably worse. But we are smaller so don't get the national attention Chicago gets. The sad thing is the message it sends to these families that live in the heart of the violence in the worst neighborhoods. Families. They live with it everyday and are largely ignored.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT