ADVERTISEMENT

Progress being made in Chicago

"See, I post ..."

Why is it, when the (D)s take over as mayors of these places, crime always starts to rise, & drops when a (R) mayor gets back into power? Btw, is Gary, East Chicago or Chicago the 'Murder Capital of America' now?

Sincerely

Joe Hogsett
Chicago is #10 per capita so far for 2021:

1. St Louis
4. Detroit
5. Cleavland
7. Kansas City
10. Chicago
11. Cincinnati
13. Milwaukee
16. Indy
17. Louisville

Sad for the Midwest all the way around.

Reactions: billyhillui
Easy, two opposing idiots ran against each other and split their vote. She will be out in 2024, but that’s a long way away. She’s in tight with Lori’s last opponent, so the conspiracy is that she’s trying to tank Lori’s term by any means necessary.

Foxx’s BS will come back on her in time.
I hope you're right.

I saw that on the news last night. Absolutely ridiculous. To the mayor's credit she called foxx out.

How this prosecutor got elected is hard to imagine. It's like the prosecutor in Stl goofed last year and had to dismiss charges on three people charged with murder. Elected.

What's bizarre is no one in jail and no lesser charges........

Chicago is #10 per capita so far for 2021:

1. St Louis
4. Detroit
5. Cleavland
7. Kansas City
10. Chicago
11. Cincinnati
13. Milwaukee
16. Indy
17. Louisville

Sad for the Midwest all the way around.
Chi town best up their game, Gary & East Chicago are coming on strong.

Yikes

:O

Why are you talking to me about the 70’s and 80’s compared to now? Everyone knows crime was worse back then. General consensus is that poverty drives crime, but the pandemic hasn’t brought on severe poverty due to broadened government assistance and we didn’t see such a surge post 2008. So why the uptick in murders for the first time in decades (highest in 25 years)? And why do you feel undermining police is the answer to stem the rise?

I find it concerning, it doesn’t mean I’m having a panic attack. Your problem Dr is that you see admitting that you’re concerned to be the same as a condemnation of Chicago’s Democratic governance. Like the right wingers in this thread your view is entirely colored by your politics.
My ex boo’s bruh is an anesthesiologist in the Northwestern Hospital near/in Gold Coast…he informs me that our murder rates are very much underweighted now because of our battlefield learned knowledge of how to deal with battlefield traumas/ from the mid-east wars …murders would be much higher now if treated with 1980 s level response
Prolly should be measuring shots per square mile or shots per 100k as a basis for comparison for the crime activity level but that doesnt’ soften the pain for survivors of any dead

Reactions: Lucy01 and stollcpa
My ex boo’s bruh is an anesthesiologist in the Northwestern Hospital near/in Gold Coast…he informs me that our murder rates are very much underweighted now because of our battlefield learned knowledge of how to deal with battlefield traumas/ from the mid-east wars …murders would be much higher now if treated with 1980 s level response
Prolly should be measuring shots per square mile or shots per 100k as a basis for comparison for the crime activity level but that doesnt’ soften the pain for survivors of any dead
I buy that. But I would think that applies nationwide, not just to Chicago.

Another rolling drive by with unattended victims overnight in one of those non south-side neighborhoods. What's that like 5 such drive bys in the last 10 days?

Another rolling drive by with unattended victims overnight in one of those non south-side neighborhoods. What's that like 5 such drive bys in the last 10 days?
Keep your head on a swivel!

We also have a band of roaming purse bandits terrorizing all the North Shore malls.

I buy that. But I would think that applies nationwide, not just to Chicago.
I was doing a time based comparison ….not a geographic comparison. But no one can deny Chicago’s ER response to Gun violence has been more practiced than many other cities.

Gov Pritzker says Chicago is "nearly at a state of emergency" in addressing crime. But I'm sure it's all just a mirage...

Gov Pritzker says Chicago is "nearly at a state of emergency" in addressing crime. But I'm sure it's all just a mirage...
Lightfoot is asking for Feds, Trump offered her Feds she said kick rocks.

This evil stupid bitch is playing politics with peoples lives.

Lightfoot is asking for Feds, Trump offered her Feds she said kick rocks.

This evil stupid bitch is playing politics with peoples lives.
Asking for the feds to do what exactly? All I noticed lately is she's asking for feds to intervene in a shootout case where Foxx couldn't find charges.

No. Start your own thread about Indy. We want to bag on Chitcago since you & Dr Hapless are such pussies about it.😂
I have friends that stay on the South Side …South Shore…George Floyd riots rampaged up and down Stony Island Ave….I reported such to my North Shore friends ….one said he subscribes to multiple Chicago news venues ..(but not the Southtown Economist)and he told me none of it was reported on news venues. seems it was a story being so,d as mostly “peaceful protests“

So what is the tip over event into a state of emergency? By some numbers or when it hits Northiside hoods?
I'm pretty sure state of emergencies were called last summer during the rounds of rioting that happened. But it is hitting the Northside hoods now, hence Pritzker paying it lip service.

Chicago City Council set to start a pilot program with UBI (actually, it's "guaranteed" basic income, so I doubt they want it to be universal). They are randomly selecting people making less than $35K a year and will give them $500/month and then will track the spending. Money is coming from federal aid for COVID relief.

The Black Caucus wants the $31+ million to go towards violence prevention.

It would be interesting to see which of those two options might reduce violence the most. I think lifting people out of poverty would lower the violence rate in these Chicago neighborhoods, but maybe not as much as a "violence prevention program?"

Chicago City Council set to start a pilot program with UBI (actually, it's "guaranteed" basic income, so I doubt they want it to be universal). They are randomly selecting people making less than $35K a year and will give them $500/month and then will track the spending. Money is coming from federal aid for COVID relief.

It would be interesting to see which of those two options might reduce violence the most. I think lifting people out of poverty would lower the violence rate in these Chicago neighborhoods, but maybe not as much as a "violence prevention program?"
I too believe lifting people out of poverty would lower the violence rate. Unfortunately, $500 won't do much, particularly with the rising cost of basic necessities.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

I know quite a few South Side blacks that are older, well-funded and tick more of the conservative boxes than the other political persuasions. A few attend (or attended) Reverend Wright‘s church. They have serious conversations about putting National Guard or Police snipers on rooftops in high shooting rate areas. Tie them into the shot fired system as a means to violence prevention. The intimidation factor would be huge. As Charles Barkley once said, “ I am going to shoot the first guy my daughter dates so the word is on the street”. Sounds cray to most , but we don’t live it everyday.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta

This has failed time and time again across the world

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT