ADVERTISEMENT

Prisoner swap

That’s just what The Treadstone Program wants you to think…
It would help that we, the US public, who the entire DC swamp actually work for, trusted the monster that we suck at managing.
If only we trusted the DC Swamp like Aloha, and I'm starting to lean to say you too, do. We would already be china, west field of operations. Y'both need to really start questioning some things A LOT harder. They work for us (although I know you and Aloha have a precarious position of being employee and employer. That's tough, kind of.

Reactions: DANC
If Haley or Christie would have won, I would have liked voted for either of those two.

There's no way anybody like that could win a Republican primary right now. It would be about like Joe Lieberman running for the Democratic nomination in 2004. Something like that.

For his part, Christie just ran as a battering ram against Trump. I honestly don't think he had any intention of competing for the nom. Haley did -- and, so, was far more muted in her criticisms of Trump than Christie was. But it obviously wasn't going to work. She basically just appealed to anti-Trump or Trump-meh Republicans and there simply aren't enough of them right now to overcome his support.

Should be interesting to see how it plays out when Trump, himself, is in the rearview mirror.

Says who? Europe? Japan? Australia? Canada? Our allies in the far east ( Japan, South Korea, Taiwan)? Seems to me you might be relying upon the kleptocrats who have manipulated your remaining braincells into Meme Generators......
We just let the enemy pour in from the border. They burn our flags and hoist Palestinian flags no problemo. BUT the left says all is well...

When we made the first trade (stupid trade) MANY pubs and dems were worried that this could create a problem.

Now here we are. Cornpop and Trixie are worthless on the world stage Mark, Period!

I would call Mr. Whelan an opportunist. He's a Michigan guy, Irish, Canadian and US citizenship. Worked overseas at Borg and Kelly Services dealing with security stuff.

The problem with an equal trade off is that there aren't that many Americans that the Russians could feasibly detain without a massive ruckus. Unlike their rogue's gallery of lunatics who are worldwide bastards

Probably the only thing we can do here is figure out ways to increase the sting for Putin.

It's always worth remembering -- for anybody, really -- that the world runs on leverage.

Gotta do what you gotta do.

Whelan isn't a marine. He was court martialed in 2008 for multiple counts related to attempted larceny, plus counts for dereliction of duty, making a false statement, wrongfully using another's social security number and a ton of making and uttering checks without sufficient funds.
Sounds like he might have been legitimately jailed in Russia.

We just let the enemy pour in from the border. They burn our flags and hoist Palestinian flags no problemo. BUT the left says all is well...

When we made the first trade (stupid trade) MANY pubs and dems were worried that this could create a problem.

Now here we are. Cornpop and Trixie are worthless on the world stage Mark, Period!
But my question was "who says we are a laughing stock that matters"? You referred to external elements outside the US. I am not trying to get all Ordfan on you (is he even around?), but I think it matters to be straight.

The State Department has had an advisory warning on Russia for 4 years. The current one states:

Do not travel to Russia due to the consequences of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces. U.S. citizens may face harassment or detention by Russian security officials, arbitrary enforcement of local laws, limited flights into and out of Russia, and the possibility of terrorism. The U.S. Embassy has limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia. The Department has determined that there is a continued risk of wrongful detention of U.S. nationals by Russian authorities. U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Russia should leave immediately.
One of my partners and I recently looked up Pakistan. Recommended against travel there bc of terrorism. My partner found a real nice hotel. $6 a night. Looked professionally shot. Like the mandarin oriental hotel group handled their marketing. But if you looked closely there was a dead guy laying there out front 🤣🤣

Last edited:
But my question was "who says we are a laughing stock that matters"? You referred to external elements outside the US. I am not trying to get all Ordfan on you (is he even around?), but I think it matters to be straight.
Well right now Russia matters and they are laughing like hell.

One of my partners and I recently looked up Pakistan. Recommended against travel there bc of terrorism. My partner found a real nice hotel. $6 a night. Looked professionally shot. Like the mandarin orientalist hotel group handled their marketing. But if you looked closely there was a dead guy laying there out front 🤣🤣
So when are you going?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Or more likely he wanted to deal with weak Biden Administration.
Well at least we have an admin to stupid to "think big". If Hilary was in there she would have probably negotiated another large portion of Uranium and the Clinton foundation accountants would be scrambling for offshore hiding places.

Well right now Russia matters and they are laughing like hell.
Oh I agree. They are laughing, but not because their military has been exposed to the world as being complete dogshit--to the point where only a fraction of western weaponry is being used in the Ukraine (and it is OLD weapon systems, tanks, etc) and has completely wrecked Russia's army; not because they caught with their pants down on the issue of sanctions. No, they are laughing because they have managed to sow seeds of dissent in social media--which you and millions of others have bought into.

One of my partners and I recently looked up Pakistan. Recommended against travel there bc of terrorism. My partner found a real nice hotel. $6 a night. Looked professionally shot. Like the mandarin oriental hotel group handled their marketing. But if you looked closely there was a dead guy laying there out front 🤣🤣
So, that effected your decision? Why? did you know him or something? People die every day, it's not like he achieved a gold medal or something. He was actually born to fulfill that fate. Boring. $6 a night !!. Take a fold-able entrenching tool and a bag of lime. $6 an freakin night !!!

You should lay off the Borscht and Newsmax. There is zero logic behind any of that and just a continued effort on your part to take a contrary position to anything left of right edge of the spectrum.
I am in my vehicle. I haven’t watched TV today.

So, that effected your decision? Why? did you know him or something? People die every day, it's not like he achieved a gold medal or something. He was actually born to fulfill that fate. Boring. $6 a night !!. Take a fold-able entrenching tool and a bag of lime. $6 an freakin night !!!
You gotta take that trip right? McM and his partner can repeat that line from Stand by Me over and over "hey, you wanna go see a dead body". The kicker would be "hell yah, there's one just outside the door of our hotel"

The State Department has had an advisory warning on Russia for 4 years. The current one states:

Do not travel to Russia due to the consequences of the full-scale invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces. U.S. citizens may face harassment or detention by Russian security officials, arbitrary enforcement of local laws, limited flights into and out of Russia, and the possibility of terrorism. The U.S. Embassy has limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in Russia. The Department has determined that there is a continued risk of wrongful detention of U.S. nationals by Russian authorities. U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Russia should leave immediately.
Yes and they have for Iraq and Iran also. But there should be a prohibition on travel to the effect of “if you FAFO you’re on your own.”

Well at least we have an admin to stupid to "think big". If Hilary was in there she would have probably negotiated another large portion of Uranium and the Clinton foundation accountants would be scrambling for offshore hiding places.
WHOA... Hillary with the Russians, Commala With.... well .... um being cat like and able to fight lying on her back like a cat. Lets pull this out....

easy-red-easy-button.gif

It would help that we, the US public, who the entire DC swamp actually work for, trusted the monster that we suck at managing.
If only we trusted the DC Swamp like Aloha, and I'm starting to lean to say you too, do. We would already be china, west field of operations. Y'both need to really start questioning some things A LOT harder. They work for us (although I know you and Aloha have a precarious position of being employee and employer. That's tough, kind of.
The government is NOT my employer. Hasn’t been for 15 years. I question everything- and my operational experiences inform me that Occam’s Razor is almost always accurate.

The government is NOT my employer. Hasn’t been for 15 years. I question everything- and my operational experiences inform me that Occam’s Razor is almost always accurate.
I thought that you were "recently" exited, or voluntarily exited.
Either way, Lets align with question even more.. We have some shady SOB's playing games up there!

Yes and they have for Iraq and Iran also. But there should be a prohibition on travel to the effect of “if you FAFO you’re on your own.”
Perhaps it is because many high profile US business have high profile dealings in Russia. This is the full warning:

The U.S. government has limited ability to help U.S. citizens in Russia, especially outside of Moscow. The U.S. Embassy is operating with reduced staffing, and the Russian government has restricted travel for embassy personnel. Furthermore, all U.S. consulates in Russia have suspended operations, including consular services.

There have been reports of drone attacks and explosions near the border with Ukraine as well as in Moscow, Kazan, and St. Petersburg. In an emergency, you should follow instructions from local authorities and seek shelter.

Russia may refuse to recognize your U.S. citizenship if you are a dual U.S.-Russian citizen or have a claim to Russian citizenship. Russia has denied consular officers visits to detained dual U.S.-Russian citizens. The Russian government has forced citizens with dual nationality to join the Russian military and prevented them from leaving the country. In 2022, the Russian government mobilized citizens for its invasion of Ukraine. Military conscription continues.

In Russia, the rights to peaceful assembly and free speech are not always protected. U.S. citizens should avoid protests and taking photos of security staff at these events. Russian authorities have arrested U.S. citizens who joined protests. Moreover, there are many reports of Russians being detained for social media posts.

U.S. citizens should know that U.S. credit and debit cards no longer work in Russia. Due to sanctions, sending electronic money transfers from the U.S. to Russia is nearly impossible.

Commercial flight options are minimal and are often unavailable on short notice. If you wish to depart Russia, you should make independent arrangements. The U.S. Embassy has limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in leaving the country, and transportation options may suddenly become even more restricted.

Click here for Information for U.S. Citizens Seeking to Depart Russia.

U.S. Embassy staff generally are not allowed to fly on Russian airlines due to safety concerns. Recently, the FAA downgraded Russia's air safety rating from Category 1 to Category 2. Additionally, the FAA banned U.S. flights in some Russian areas, including the Moscow Flight Information Region (FIR), the Samara FIR (UWWW), and the Rostov-na-Donu (URRV) FIR within 160NM of the boundaries of the Dnipro (UKDV) Flight Information Regions. Check the FAA's Prohibitions, Restrictions, and Notices for more information.

Country Summary:

Russian officials have interrogated and threatened U.S. citizens without cause. This includes former and current U.S. government and military personnel and private U.S. citizens engaged in business. U.S. citizens may become victims of harassment, mistreatment, and extortion.

Russian authorities may not notify the U.S. Embassy about the detention of a U.S. citizen and may delay U.S. consular assistance. Russian security services also target foreign and international organizations they consider “undesirable.”

Russian security services have arrested U.S. citizens on false charges, denied them fair treatment, and convicted them without credible evidence. Furthermore, Russian authorities have opened questionable investigations against U.S. citizens engaged in religious activity. U.S. citizens should avoid travel to Russia.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has destabilized security in southwestern Russia. In October 2022, the Russian government declared martial law in the following border areas with Ukraine: Bryansk, Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Rostov, and Krasnodar. Under martial law, authorities can set curfews, seize property, and restrict movement. The Russian government may detain foreigners, forcibly relocate residents, and limit public gatherings. U.S. citizens should avoid all travel to these areas.

Russian authorities have questioned, detained, and arrested people for “acting against Russia's interests.” Local authorities have targeted people for posting on social media or supporting "anti-Russian" groups and punished individuals for criticizing the government or military. The Russian government's current "LGBT propaganda" law bans discussion of LGBTQI+ related topics. In November 2023, the Supreme Court labeled the so-called "international LGBT movement" as extremist. This decision effectively made it a crime to support the human rights of LGBTQI+ persons in Russia.

Terrorists continue to plan attacks in Russia. The March 2024 Crocus City Hall incident proved they can strike suddenly. Terrorists may target tourist areas, transport hubs, and markets. They may also target government buildings, hotels, clubs, restaurants, and places of worship. Parks, events, schools, and airports are also potential targets. U.S. government employees under Embassy (Chief of Mission) security responsibility are not permitted to travel to the North Caucasus, including Chechnya and Mt. Elbrus. U.S. citizens should avoid travel to those areas.

The international community does not recognize Russia’s annexation of Crimea and does not acknowledge Russia’s purported annexation of Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhya. Russia staged its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, in part, from occupied Crimea and there is a heavy Russian military presence in these areas. There is intense fighting across these regions and Russian authorities there have abused both foreigners and locals. Authorities have specifically targeted individuals who are seen as challenging Russia’s authority.

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv administers consular services to U.S. citizens in Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhya. However, the conflict limits the Embassy's ability to help U.S. citizens in these areas.

Perhaps it is because many high profile US business have high profile dealings in Russia. This is the full warning:

The U.S. government has limited ability to help U.S. citizens in Russia, especially outside of Moscow. The U.S. Embassy is operating with reduced staffing, and the Russian government has restricted travel for embassy personnel. Furthermore, all U.S. consulates in Russia have suspended operations, including consular services.

There have been reports of drone attacks and explosions near the border with Ukraine as well as in Moscow, Kazan, and St. Petersburg. In an emergency, you should follow instructions from local authorities and seek shelter.

Russia may refuse to recognize your U.S. citizenship if you are a dual U.S.-Russian citizen or have a claim to Russian citizenship. Russia has denied consular officers visits to detained dual U.S.-Russian citizens. The Russian government has forced citizens with dual nationality to join the Russian military and prevented them from leaving the country. In 2022, the Russian government mobilized citizens for its invasion of Ukraine. Military conscription continues.

In Russia, the rights to peaceful assembly and free speech are not always protected. U.S. citizens should avoid protests and taking photos of security staff at these events. Russian authorities have arrested U.S. citizens who joined protests. Moreover, there are many reports of Russians being detained for social media posts.

U.S. citizens should know that U.S. credit and debit cards no longer work in Russia. Due to sanctions, sending electronic money transfers from the U.S. to Russia is nearly impossible.

Commercial flight options are minimal and are often unavailable on short notice. If you wish to depart Russia, you should make independent arrangements. The U.S. Embassy has limited ability to assist U.S. citizens in leaving the country, and transportation options may suddenly become even more restricted.

Click here for Information for U.S. Citizens Seeking to Depart Russia.

U.S. Embassy staff generally are not allowed to fly on Russian airlines due to safety concerns. Recently, the FAA downgraded Russia's air safety rating from Category 1 to Category 2. Additionally, the FAA banned U.S. flights in some Russian areas, including the Moscow Flight Information Region (FIR), the Samara FIR (UWWW), and the Rostov-na-Donu (URRV) FIR within 160NM of the boundaries of the Dnipro (UKDV) Flight Information Regions. Check the FAA's Prohibitions, Restrictions, and Notices for more information.

Country Summary:

Russian officials have interrogated and threatened U.S. citizens without cause. This includes former and current U.S. government and military personnel and private U.S. citizens engaged in business. U.S. citizens may become victims of harassment, mistreatment, and extortion.

Russian authorities may not notify the U.S. Embassy about the detention of a U.S. citizen and may delay U.S. consular assistance. Russian security services also target foreign and international organizations they consider “undesirable.”

Russian security services have arrested U.S. citizens on false charges, denied them fair treatment, and convicted them without credible evidence. Furthermore, Russian authorities have opened questionable investigations against U.S. citizens engaged in religious activity. U.S. citizens should avoid travel to Russia.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has destabilized security in southwestern Russia. In October 2022, the Russian government declared martial law in the following border areas with Ukraine: Bryansk, Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Rostov, and Krasnodar. Under martial law, authorities can set curfews, seize property, and restrict movement. The Russian government may detain foreigners, forcibly relocate residents, and limit public gatherings. U.S. citizens should avoid all travel to these areas.

Russian authorities have questioned, detained, and arrested people for “acting against Russia's interests.” Local authorities have targeted people for posting on social media or supporting "anti-Russian" groups and punished individuals for criticizing the government or military. The Russian government's current "LGBT propaganda" law bans discussion of LGBTQI+ related topics. In November 2023, the Supreme Court labeled the so-called "international LGBT movement" as extremist. This decision effectively made it a crime to support the human rights of LGBTQI+ persons in Russia.

Terrorists continue to plan attacks in Russia. The March 2024 Crocus City Hall incident proved they can strike suddenly. Terrorists may target tourist areas, transport hubs, and markets. They may also target government buildings, hotels, clubs, restaurants, and places of worship. Parks, events, schools, and airports are also potential targets. U.S. government employees under Embassy (Chief of Mission) security responsibility are not permitted to travel to the North Caucasus, including Chechnya and Mt. Elbrus. U.S. citizens should avoid travel to those areas.

The international community does not recognize Russia’s annexation of Crimea and does not acknowledge Russia’s purported annexation of Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhya. Russia staged its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, in part, from occupied Crimea and there is a heavy Russian military presence in these areas. There is intense fighting across these regions and Russian authorities there have abused both foreigners and locals. Authorities have specifically targeted individuals who are seen as challenging Russia’s authority.

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv administers consular services to U.S. citizens in Crimea, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhya. However, the conflict limits the Embassy's ability to help U.S. citizens in these areas.
Many MNC businesses have ceased operations in Russia. Getting money out of Russia is difficult and the optics and morality are trash.

Oh I agree. They are laughing, but not because their military has been exposed to the world as being complete dogshit--to the point where only a fraction of western weaponry is being used in the Ukraine (and it is OLD weapon systems, tanks, etc) and has completely wrecked Russia's army; not because they caught with their pants down on the issue of sanctions. No, they are laughing because they have managed to sow seeds of dissent in social media--which you and millions of others have bought into.

Exposed? All Putin has to do is push one f-ing button. Thats it, just one button Mark. But then there goes all the ammunition profits that the MIC is cleaning up on right now. This war could have been over a long time ago when there was an agreement on the table. The west (us) convinced Ukraine not to agree. Thousands of lives later here we are.

Not going to argue it you and I are miles apart on where things are headed.

Republican vice presidential nominee JD Vance said Thursday that the prisoner exchange between the United States, Russia and other Western nations was made possible because “Donald Trump’s about to be back in office.”

In an interview with CNN’s Steve Contorno, Vance said the prisoner exchange was “great news, at least what little we know.”

“We certainly want these Americans to come back home. It was ridiculous that they were in prison to begin with,” Vance said in the interview, which followed his visit to the US-Mexico border Thursday morning in Cochise County, Arizona.

“But we have to ask ourselves, why are they coming home?” the Ohio senator continued. “And I think it’s because bad guys all over the world recognize Donald Trump’s about to be back in office, so they’re cleaning house. That’s a good thing, and I think it’s a testament to Donald Trump’s strength.”

------

Does anyone want to remind JD Vance who was President when Paul Whelan was taken hostage?

Hint, the date was December 28, 2018
Vance is a dipshit

Haven’t had too to read the detail, how badly did Putin pick our pocket for these three?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT