ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Polls

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
How stupid is this? Duke barely has a roster currently. Yep. 2nd seems about right. I am sure Purdue will be good, but top ten good without Edey? Right.

If 9 players is barely, sure ... fwiw they have a good 6 man class coming in, Procter and Foster are still on the roster and they got Gillis to fill a reserve spot.

Yes, it's stupid AF to do rankings in April. So why are you looking at it?
Perhaps head to full on stupid-land and add some Brad Stevens to coach IU to the mix.

If 9 players is barely, sure ... fwiw they have a good 6 man class coming in, Procter and Foster are still on the roster and they got Gillis to fill a reserve spot.

Yes, it's stupid AF to do rankings in April. So why are you looking at it?

My neighbor graduated from Duke and he has them at preseason no. 1 perpetually.

IU should be ranked higher than 20th and should be picked to win the big ten. The expectations should be sky high.
You forgot to add: That way, if we end the season ranked 21st and 2nd in the conference, people can light up the message board with "Fire Mike Woodson" chants.

Last edited:
IU should be ranked higher than 20th and should be picked to win the big ten. The expectations should be sky high.
Based on what? Two years ago IU was predicted to win the BT with two first round picks and bearly got third, 3 full games out of first. IU has more talent than last year, but no first round picks, and finished 7 games out of first with a first round picks.

How stupid is this? Duke barely has a roster currently. Yep. 2nd seems about right. I am sure Purdue will be good, but top ten good without Edey? Right.

They got you to look at it, and link it on a fan message forum. Preseason polls are kinda dumb even when the rosters are set, and the season is about to start. In today's climate, in April, they're beyond worthless. But, people love them. And they love to talk about them. As we currently are.

As for Duke...they're loaded. They're going to challenge the "can't win big any more with freshmen" dynamic, probably as much as any recent team. No clue though if 2 is too high?

Reactions: aajohn2000
Based on what? Two years ago IU was predicted to win the BT with two first round picks and bearly got third, 3 full games out of first. IU has more talent than last year, but no first round picks, and finished 7 games out of first with a first round picks.
If the rankings are based in part on past seasons’ performances, then then the rankings are fundamentally flawed.

When it all shakes out I’d guess IU will be preseason #20-25 for a lot of people. Rankers will be a bit spooked by last year.

Doesn’t matter. We have a lot of talent and need to win with it and push to be top-10/15.

talent = parts. The sum of those parts (team) depends on how "the assembled" come together in a short period of time. If there are problems early on...I expect to hear "the guys are still getting to know one another...and haven't gelled as a team yet". Keep in mind that Woodson will be coaching "the assembled". Hard to project based on his coaching tenure thus far.

You forgot to add: That way, if we end the season ranked 21st and 2nd in the conference, people can light up the message board with "Fire Mike Woodson" chants.
With the roster he just bought he should have a top 15 team period. It is year four expectations need to be sky high at this point for those who actually believe IU should compete at a national level.

Based on the hype regarding this portal haul. If a team is going to be hyped up then it needs to deliver.

They got you to look at it, and link it on a fan message forum. Preseason polls are kinda dumb even when the rosters are set, and the season is about to start. In today's climate, in April, they're beyond worthless. But, people love them. And they love to talk about them. As we currently are.

As for Duke...they're loaded. They're going to challenge the "can't win big any more with freshmen" dynamic, probably as much as any recent team. No clue though if 2 is too high?
It just showed up on my feed. I wasn't looking for it, but touche.

Based on the hype regarding this portal haul. If a team is going to be hyped up then it needs to deliver.

Just looking at the roster now, only sheer buffoonery keeps us out of The Dance.

Last year was just that from June through Jan.

Reactions: Spartans9312
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT