ADVERTISEMENT

Potential RB coaches?

$$$ should not be an issue - DMc was 5th highest paid RB coach in the country! I believe Bell was payed less than Sheridan. Not sure about DC & DL comparable pay.
If Hiller underperforms this yr, we should have plenty of $$ to go get a top OL coach

This is incorrect- Bell is getting $700,000 (there must have been a bidding war for his services DWS) ; Sheridan was paid $500k

btw Warren was paid $700k

Here's a guy without much of a resume' but all I needed to read was that he's worked under Jerry Kill at N Ill and MN..., (that means our RB's WILL learn to explode from hips and Attack the tacklers before they have a chance to attack them..)... :

Might just be a good pickup...

Reactions: red hornet
Here's a guy with an incredible resume', which makes you wonder how he's ended up in the frozen north...?? :

Based purely on that resume' he'd seem to be the top dog of the group so far...

I know zip about him aside from what is contained in the resume' above so...., if he's an axe murderer who's taken advantage of the new reverse crackdown on crime and is just expanding his hunting grounds don't go after me 😉....

Here's a guy with an incredible resume', which makes you wonder how he's ended up in the frozen north...?? :

I know zip about him aside from what is contained in the resume' above so...., if he's an axe murderer who's taken advantage of the new reverse crackdown on crime and is just expanding his hunting grounds don't go after me 😉....
Here's his Florida bio with a photo... :

If his personality fits with our existing staff he would seem to be The Guy...

I'm guessing he's at or near 55 years old so he's got a solid 8-10 years left in him (fire-wise)... Bringing in a mature guy is rarely a bad thing... (unless he really is an axe murderer 😉)...

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13

Welshman where are you...????

Axe murderer or hidden gem that has just fallen out of his proper setting????

We need an expert opinion here...

😎

Reactions: vesuvius13

I'm guessing he's at or near 55 years old so he's got a solid 8-10 years left in him (fire-wise)... Bringing in a mature guy is rarely a bad thing... (unless he really is an axe murderer 😉)...
I have NEVER been a huge fan of Coach T as STC, so if this guy could do the RB/STC here too, could we look at that two-fee too?

Kenni Burns- former IU RB is at Minnesota. Coach Wilt would know him.

Mike Hart- good chance Harbaugh is going to the NFL. Would he take Hart with him? If not Hart could be looking for a job.

Mike Hart was mentioned as a candidate to replace Harbaugh. Of course, Harbaugh remained there.

Reactions: GolfHacker1

Knox is my number two for sure. He just got the job at Buffalo after coaching at Florida.

I'd first make Kenni Burns tell us no. We paid McCullough 500K, and I'd offer all of it to him. That's a sizeable raise to what Minnesota is paying him. He's a good position coach and he's a good recruiter as well with ties to the Midwest.

If Burns says no, pivot to Knox, who has a wealth of experience and has gone toe to toe with the big boys in the SEC.

You can't go wrong with either one in my untrained eyes.

Knox is my number two for sure. He just got the job at Buffalo after coaching at Florida.

I'd first make Kenni Burns tell us no. We paid McCullough 500K, and I'd offer all of it to him. That's a sizeable raise to what Minnesota is paying him. He's a good position coach and he's a good recruiter as well with ties to the Midwest.

If Burns says no, pivot to Knox, who has a wealth of experience and has gone toe to toe with the big boys in the SEC.

You can't go wrong with either one in my untrained eyes.
There's no doubt that Burns would be a great hire but I just don't see it happening...

There's no doubt that Burns would be a great hire but I just don't see it happening...

I don't either. Thats why I said throw all the money we were paying McCullough, which was over 500K and was like 5th most in the nation and make him tell us no.

If he says no, pivot and target Knox. He's a quality coach, no doubt. Can't go wrong with either guy.

But ax murderers are probably good at coaching execution. Leave no stone unturned.

I would have to think Bell plays a bigger role with this decision. He might have some connections outside of CTA’s past.

As long as he doesn't try to hire anyone from his UMASS coaching tree.
Well..., their TE coach was only there a year and had previously coached at a near championship level prior to being there so I wouldn't ignore his prior accomplishments just because he wanted to move up to FBS and made the mistake of going to U Mass to do it...

Guilt by association is rarely a good predictor when it comes to a guys actual coaching talents...

Well..., their TE coach was only there a year and had previously coached at a near championship level prior to being there so I wouldn't ignore his prior accomplishments just because he wanted to move up to FBS and made the mistake of going to U Mass to do it...

Guilt by association is rarely a good predictor when it comes to a guys actual coaching talents...
I want P5 production. Not connections. Hiller is a connection without production. No thank you.

I want P5 production. Not connections. Hiller is a connection without production. No thank you.

First you have to be realistic about who is going to want to come here... After our disastrous 2021 season we aren't exactly what would be considered a "destination"..., that..., together with our highly regarded RB's coach leaving..., puts us us in a position where it's highly unlikely Any established position coach would come here...; which..., leaves us with "connections"...

I'd like to bring in Alabama's RB coach... Think we'll get him?

First you have to be realistic about who is going to want to come here... After our disastrous 2021 season we aren't exactly what would be considered a "destination"..., that..., together with our highly regarded RB's coach leaving..., puts us us in a position where it's highly unlikely Any established position coach would come here...; which..., leaves us with "connections"...

I'd like to bring in Alabama's RB coach... Think we'll get him?
Quite the gulf between P5 production and Alabama's RB coach, don't you think? There are dozens and dozens of P5 RB coaches that went to a bowl game this year. You don't think its realistic to get one of those guys to IU?

Reactions: IndyIUFan66
Quite the gulf between P5 production and Alabama's RB coach, don't you think? There are dozens and dozens of P5 RB coaches that went to a bowl game this year. You don't think its realistic to get one of those guys to IU?

I find it doubtful at best.. What we "want" versus what we'll get are I'm afraid going to be two very different things...

I'm out at this point...; I don't think I could have explained why any more clearly than I already have...

I'll give you this: I hope you're right and I'm wrong...

I find it doubtful at best.. What we "want" versus what we'll get are I'm afraid going to be two very different things...

I'm out at this point...; I don't think I could have explained why any more clearly than I already have...

I'll give you this: I hope you're right and I'm wrong...
I do get what you are saying

But we were just ranked #17 mere months ago. CTA was coach of the year last season. And we signed the #15 recruiting class in the country.

But now we have to settle for coaches with "potential" instead of coaches with proven P5 production.

That's rough.

Reactions: jb17 and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT