ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
I just got home from the game, so a lot of this is pending a re-watch on tv.

1) my son’s first IU game was a win and a thrilling one at that. So I’ve got one hooked. Poor bastard.
2) Big shout out to Beau Robbins. For coming in as a 4* he was pretty quiet for years. Had some really big plays tonight and saw a lot of snaps.
3) CTA said Illinois was stacking the box. Maybe that’s true, but that makes the play calls that much more inexplicable.
4) OL, rough. They need to do some real soul searching on run blocking.
5) I’ll need to watch my DVR and I admittedly am not smart enough to diagnose coverages, but CTA’s defensive calls seemed more like last season than they did Womack. Kane blitzed a whole lot in really exotic ways. I don’t recall seeing such a blitz heavy defense tonight.
6) Chase Brown is a stud.
7) Camper & DJ & Barner are going to be a good combo.
8) As poor as the offense was, they at least moved the ball some on most drives. I was so irritated at the number 3 & outs the last two seasons. It was nice to see the D get some kind of break.
9) The D bailed out the offense more than they deserved.
10) I like Bazelak. Certainly not a perfect performance but solid enough. He should never run a pitch option play ever again. That’s just tempting fate.
11) finally, can’t say enough about what Cam, Noah, and Josh did out there. Those guys played a lot of snaps and laid some hits on people. Also Sio had some really nice, including disrupting a play that ended with someone getting a TFL because he ate up two blockers and got held (uncalled) in the process. Classic DL work there.

Now I’m going to sleep til sometime much later today. Good night moon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT