ADVERTISEMENT

Portal QBs now earn $1-$2 Million?

I’m wondering if it will get even more out of hand when they expand the playoff field. More schools will have a shot if they get strong NIL $$$ from alums
Hopefully it brings an equilibrium to insane coaching salaries and asinine buyouts. Don’t need a $10mil/yr coach if you can buy a $10-15mil roster.

Reactions: YOTHN and midwolfe
My question is what are these people doing with the NIL after buying it?

Anyone seen a player's face on a billboard or mannequin?

Last edited:
Dont kid yourselves. This has been happening for decades. The difference is it was always hush hush. I remember Matt Linehart's dad bought Reggie Bush a house in LA or some such nonsense.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m wondering if it will get even more out of hand when they expand the playoff field. More schools will have a shot if they get strong NIL $$$ from alums

It will get more out of hand if/when the government raises the Corporate or personal tax rates on those individuals that fund NIL, buyouts, capital improvements, etc.

It's a tax write down. Would you rather give these massive funds to the government or to your alma mater if you were in this wealth class?

Nope.

The good news is we get to play by the same rules that the SEC and the routine year in year out top 20 have played by for years... The bad news is it's freaking expensive...

For sure!
I am just afraid that IU doesn't have enough football whales to play with the big boys!
At least until I win the lottery! 😁 :rolleyes:

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT