ADVERTISEMENT

Pompeo does a 180.

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Last week he told ABC news' Martha Radditz that he had "no knowledge" of the Trump call with Ukrainian President Zelensky. Today he admitted he was on the call with Trump.

Rotten to the core.

That MAY be, but the fact that these people, are chaining themselves to Trump makes me think otherwise. He's also traveling with conspiracy lunatic Sebastian Gorka...the fake PhD neo nazi.

Why? Gorka isn't in the admin. The entire administration is either "acting" cabinet members, Javanka, or a loose bunch of crazy hangers on. We don't even have a Secretary of Defense. Stephen Miller, Jared Kushner...lord help us. Here's what the National Review says about Gorka. Yet, here is our Secretary of State traveling around the world with him.

We have privatized government to Trump Corp.

I think he might be one of the good ones. His conscious likely got the better of him here.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUPaterade724
No, he's not. His first instinct was to lie and deflect. He came clean only when he was caught.

Apparently he threw Volker as a sacrificial lamb to protect his own hiney. Didn't work. Pompeo is even more of a political animal than trump. Hard to fathom that.

That MAY be, but the fact that these people, are chaining themselves to Trump makes me think otherwise. He's also traveling with conspiracy lunatic Sebastian Gorka...the fake PhD neo nazi.

Why? Gorka isn't in the admin. The entire administration is either "acting" cabinet members or a loose bunch of crazy hangers on. We don't even have a Secretary of Defense. Stephen Miller, Jared Kushner...lord help us. Here's what the National Review says about Gorka. Yet, here is our Secretary of State traveling around the world with him.

We have privatized government to Trump Corp.
Mark Esper?

I think he might be one of the good ones. His conscious likely got the better of him here.

he did a recent interview on Bloomberg TV w David Rubinstein on his show and I thought did a heck of a job. I came away more impressed with him , though admittedly didn’t have a strong understanding of who he was before that.

It’s worth the quick view

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
did I hear that Rudy say he did not have a contract with the president for council.
Assuming you meant "counsel" there, you don't need a contract to create an attorney-client relationship. It's a dangerous potential ethical pitfall, in which lawyers can end up owing a duty of confidentiality to someone without realizing it, which is why intelligent lawyers always seek to define their professional relationships in specific terms on paper.

Rudy is obviously not one of those.

he did a recent interview on Bloomberg TV w David Rubinstein on his show and I thought did a heck of a job. I came away more impressed with him , though admittedly didn’t have a strong understanding of who he was before that.

It’s worth the quick view

Pompeo is a messianic nut.

Reactions: UncleMark
new republic? Since when are you a far lefty?

Republic sounded familiar to me... was honestly just googling and that was one of the results. Not familiar with that site. There was a certain foreignpolicy.com piece I couldn't find. There are literally 1 million articles on Pompeo and his rapture views. The man is completely nuts. He thinks there's a holy war coming.

Republic sounded familiar to me... was honestly just googling and that was one of the results. Not familiar with that site. There was a certain foreignpolicy.com piece I couldn't find. There are literally 1 million articles on Pompeo and his rapture views. The man is completely nuts. He thinks there's a holy war coming.

That's far from what he conveyed in the interview.

Pompeo has his talking points down pat. I've listened to several interviews.

He stays on script. Trump's likes this. Especially as compared to someone such as Bolton.

Reactions: toastedbread

He stays on script. Trump's likes this. Especially as compared to someone such as Bolton.

He's a shrewd political animal. He says exactly what he knows Trump wants to hear. Never an original thought from Pompeo. Everything is about staying in Trump's good graces in prep for his own political run. Pompeo opposes negotiatons with Iran, but if Trump agrees to them tomorrow, Pompeo does a 180.

Reactions: Bill4411
I wonder when Bolton is going to start his offensive. That WILL happen before the election.

That's a single interview. He has a decade+ track record. He doesn't shy away from his beliefs. He's an evangelical nut.
I don't understand what seems to be the current evangelical love for Israel. For years, firebreathing evangelicals have preached that Jews were nonbelievers and enemies of Protestants due in part to Pilate's treatment of Christ.

Now those evangelicals seem rabid supporters of Israel despite all the foreign aid to Israel that comes out of their middle class pockets.

Last week he told ABC news' Martha Radditz that he had "no knowledge" of the Trump call with Ukrainian President Zelensky. Today he admitted he was on the call with Trump.

Rotten to the core.

He never said he wasn’t on the call. Your statement and quote is false. Were you using a parody?? His remarks were in response to the Whistleblower report. He hadn’t seen it and that’s what he was referring to.

“”Pompeo was asked about the whistleblower complaint last week while in New York for the United Nations General Assembly, but he said at the time he had not yet read it in full.
He gave a similar answer to ABC News during a September 22 interview, where he was asked what he knew about the conversation.
"You just gave me a report about a (intelligence community) whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo told ABC News at the time.”

Get your facts straight.

I had an evangelical friend tell me...and I may be way off...that if the Al-Aqsa Mosque, the 3rd most important religious site in Islam, which is currently sitting on the place where the Temple Mount was believed to have been, falls back into Israeli/Jewish control, the Temple Mount will be restored and it will signal that the coming of The End Times/Rapture is imminent. That means Jesus is coming!!! Of course, those same Christians believe the Jews will burn in Hell for eternity, but it’s a useful relationship now.

I cannot believe how bizarre this stuff is and that we are basing foreign policy decisions on Bronze Age folklore.

I don't understand what seems to be the current evangelical love for Israel. For years, firebreathing evangelicals have preached that Jews were nonbelievers and enemies of Protestants due in part to Pilate's treatment of Christ.
Now those evangelicals seem rabid supporters of Israel despite all the foreign aid to Israel that comes out of their middle class pockets.

Last edited:
Another dead ender.

Pompeo sat there and played coy when asked about the call. His interview (linked) sure makes it sound like he wasn't on the call. Why not just say he was on it and the information by the whistle blower is incorrect? Instead, he pretended he didn't have any knowledge of what transpired.

You are determined to go down with this ship. Please don't act like you care about America in the future though, because your actions and stupidity prove you don't.

He never said he wasn’t on the call. Your statement and quote is false. Were you using a parody?? His remarks were in response to the Whistleblower report. He hadn’t seen it and that’s what he was referring to.

“”Pompeo was asked about the whistleblower complaint last week while in New York for the United Nations General Assembly, but he said at the time he had not yet read it in full.
He gave a similar answer to ABC News during a September 22 interview, where he was asked what he knew about the conversation.
"You just gave me a report about a (intelligence community) whistleblower complaint, none of which I've seen," Pompeo told ABC News at the time.”

Get your facts straight.

It's the holy land..
I could be mistaken, but I think it's only recently where the majority have become obsessed by Israel. I suppose it's because they are being told to. Keep in mind that many of the same lot used to hate Putin until they were told to love him. Easy bunch to manipulate. As you call them, parrots.

On the subject of religion, I was down in Bora Bora a few months back and did a dive with sharks. Black Tips and Lemon Sharks. The Lemon Sharks were big, but the black tips would avoid you if you were on a collision course.

Anyway, I have been binge watching YouTube vids about sharks and shark attacks. These three Australian friends and surfers would say a a prayer to Jesus just before they all paddled out to surf. This took place in Australia. "Keep us safe" and stuff like that. Well, within the first 5 minutes of paddling out, one of them was attacked by TWO great white sharks at once and it was caught on camera. He was lucky to be alive. The first thing he said was that God must have been watching over him that day. Here's all the religious mumbo jumbo.

Here is the video:

Hmmmmmm.....You pray not to get attacked, but then you get mauled by two of them five minutes after you get in the water and apparently God was watching over him that day. Interesting logic. Doesn't seem like a very nice god to me. "You are just going to get mauled today!"

I miss Christopher Hitchens.

I could be mistaken, but I think it's only recently where the majority have become obsessed by Israel. I suppose it's because they are being told to. Keep in mind that many of the same lot used to hate Putin until they were told to love him. Easy bunch to manipulate. As you call them, parrots.

Last edited:

Recently? Did we forget about 1095 to 1492?

Disgruntled sexualy dysfunctional social pariahs are and always have been that way. They were Hitler and Goebbels target, the main recruitment base for terrorists and now Putin/Trump are weaponizing the stupidity of the same type of people.

On the subject of religion, I was down in Bora Bora a few months back and did a dive with sharks. Black Tips and Lemon Sharks. The Lemon Sharks were big, but the black tips would avoid you if you on a collision course.

Anyway, I have been binge watching YouTube vids about sharks and shark attacks. These three Australian friends and surfers would say a a prayer to Jesus just before they all paddled out to surf. This took place in Australia. "Keep us safe" and stuff like that. Well, within the first 5 minutes of paddling out, one of them was attacked by TWO great white sharks at once it was filmed, I think he lost a leg or something like that. Anyway, he was lucky to be alive. The first thing he said was that God must have been watching over him that day. I guess he didn't lose a limb. Here's all the religious mumbo jumbo.

Here is the video:

Hmmmmmm.....You pray not to get attacked, buth then you get mauled by two of them five minutes after you get in the water and apparently God was watching over him that day. Wow, interesting logic! Doesn't seem like a very nice god to me.

My mom is a pancreatic cancer survivor. She says that when people have a tragedy they either turn toward faith or away from it. She was raised conservative leaning orthodox. Kept kosher at home, etc. This happened literally as I was born. She was operated on when I was 2 weeks old. Why would god give a new mother cancer?

As for my views, I believe in science. The one thing I find sad is that it's over when we die. It's depressing to think about. I've never had any interest in faith, but I suppose that's the only logical reason one might be faithful. A hope for afterlife.

On the subject of religion, I was down in Bora Bora a few months back and did a dive with sharks. Black Tips and Lemon Sharks. The Lemon Sharks were big, but the black tips would avoid you if you on a collision course.

Anyway, I have been binge watching YouTube vids about sharks and shark attacks. These three Australian friends and surfers would say a a prayer to Jesus just before they all paddled out to surf. This took place in Australia. "Keep us safe" and stuff like that. Well, within the first 5 minutes of paddling out, one of them was attacked by TWO great white sharks at once it was filmed, I think he lost a leg or something like that. Anyway, he was lucky to be alive. The first thing he said was that God must have been watching over him that day. I guess he didn't lose a limb. Here's all the religious mumbo jumbo.

Here is the video:

Hmmmmmm.....You pray not to get attacked, buth then you get mauled by two of them five minutes after you get in the water and apparently God was watching over him that day. Wow, interesting logic! Doesn't seem like a very nice god to me.

What's even crazier is that he got knocked off his board on a different occasion by a Great White and at a surfing competition in Norway two Orcas swam directly at him.

I pass out when I see myself bleeding. This only started when I was in my late 20s. I was making a sandwich with this Italian bread that was really crusty so I was using a serrated bread knife. I cut right into my index finger and blood was coming out like when you just turn the faucet on barely, but it's a constant stream. Anyway, I put pressure on it for a while and I thought for sure it would have stopped but I went to the sink and blood was pouring out of it. I started to feel faint, so I made a run for my bedroom, but passed out halfway there. I didn't have any idea what happened until my dog was licking my face.

Well, after that I thought to myself, that's probably what death is like. You just fade away and that's it. I'm comfortable with it. As the Flaming Lips said in their song Do You Realize??:

Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?

Sad, but true. We should live it up and not sweat the small stuff.

My mom is a pancreatic cancer survivor. She says that when people have a tragedy they either turn toward faith or away from it. She was raised conservative leaning orthodox. Kept kosher at home, etc. This happened literally as I was born. She was operated on when I was 2 weeks old. Why would god give a new mother cancer?

As for my views, I believe in science. The one thing I find sad is that it's over when we die. It's depressing to think about. I've never had any interest in faith, but I suppose that's the only logical reason one might be faithful. A hope for afterlife.

Reactions: toastedbread
The Incels are the saddest bunch of losers I've ever seen. If they weren't such a$$holes, I would feel sorry for therm, but they're horrible people.

Recently? Did we forget about 1095 to 1492?

Disgruntled sexualy dysfunctional social pariahs are and always have been that way. They were Hitler and Goebbels target, the main recruitment base for terrorists and now Putin/Trump are weaponizing the stupidity of the same type of people.

I pass out when I see myself bleeding. This only started when I was in my late 20s. I was making a sandwich with this Italian bread that was really crusty so I was using a serrated bread knife. I cut right into my index finger and blood was coming out like when you just turn the faucet on barely, but it's a constant stream. Anyway, I put pressure on it for a while and I thought for sure it would have stopped but I went to the sink and blood was pouring out of it. I started to feel faint, so I made a run for my bedroom, but passed out halfway there. I didn't have any idea what happened until my dog was licking my face.

Well, after that I thought to myself, that's probably what death is like. You just fade away and that's it. I'm comfortable with it. As the Flaming Lips said in their song Do You Realize??:

Do you realize that happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?

Sad, but true. We should live it up and not sweat the small stuff.

I get faint from nosebleeds or seeing some cuts as well. I've read that it's genetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT