ADVERTISEMENT

Pledge of Irrelevance

aajohn2000

All-American
Apr 12, 2012
North Carolina
I have moved over the full acceptance of being just an average program that is living off the glory of 30+ years ago. We can stop pretending to be a "blue blood". We are not a blue blood. We can stop pretending we are a highly desirable destination for talent. We are not. Proof is we cannot assemble a full roster complete with guards in over 7 seasons. Schools like UK, Duke, UNC and Kansas are thee blue bloods. IU is not. We, by and large outside of Indiana, are irrelevant. And we have been for the better part of 20 years. This is reality. We live in NC and my daughter goes to UNC. I look forward to watching two blue bloods go at it tonight and witness good basketball and two elite programs. I am adopting UNC as my "other" favorite team. This will at least give me one program to cheer for in March. This sucks.

Last edited:
It can be done. Top-5 NIL, biggest basketball budget in B1G, great fans, great home court, facilities are fine.

Our admin, AD, and coaches waste it all.
It can, but will it? That's an honest question. Next season will see another haul of transfer players. Do you have any confidence in this staff to make that team a contender in the Big Ten? On the national scale? There is zero chance.

The staff looks half asleep a lot of the time
As someone else said, this season was lost when we lost in recruiting last spring. We have no good guards. WE cannot play defense. Just not much to get excited about this season or next. It's like groundhog day every season (sans last year). LY was the high water mark and we finished 3rd in the league and got throttled in the 2nd game of the tourney. That's about as good as it gets for IU these days.

Just a bad hire that had a very slim chance for success. A 63 year old man that hadn’t played or coached in college in over 40 years. IU rolled the dice when they absolutely needed to make the right hire
Go get the coach down at Ole Miss. We would be a contender in year one and be a league favorite every year after. But we still operate with the holier than thou and would never do it. Beard is my top choice. I don’t think a coach like collins will leave NW. why would he for IU? I highly doubt it’s considered a “dream job” like we think it is.

I have zero confidence in this staff. Woody is awful. Dolson is an idiot for hiring him.
He bridged the gap to knight and for that, I am thankful. It was good to see coach come back and somewhat heal some wounds. I think woody was instrumental in making that happen. Now, move on and get someone who has a long runway and upside and return our program to relevance and on an annual basis.

Go get the coach down at Ole Miss. We would be a contender in year one and be a league favorite every year after. But we still operate with the holier than thou and would never do it. Beard is my top choice. I don’t think a coach like collins will leave NW. why would he for IU? I highly doubt it’s considered a “dream job” like we think it is.
You guys are always for that magic bullet quick fix. When are you going to wise up.

As someone else said, this season was lost when we lost in recruiting last spring. We have no good guards. WE cannot play defense. Just not much to get excited about this season or next. It's like groundhog day every season (sans last year). LY was the high water mark and we finished 3rd in the league and got throttled in the 2nd game of the tourney. That's about as good as it gets for IU these days.
Not only can IU not play defense, but their defensive philosophy is idiotic, it appears. Stupid switches, overhelping, leaving a shooter to make sure a non-shooter doesn't get a look. Pure lunacy.

Indiana has to quit piddle dicking around with this program. Go get the best coach. You get the right guy you can get back where everyone would like this program to be. This program is not in a good place, and there is no reason to think it’s going to get any better. Nothing in life rests positively on the probability of a 65 year old changing their ways.

It can be done. Top-5 NIL, biggest basketball budget in B1G, great fans, great home court, facilities are fine.

Our admin, AD, and coaches waste it all.
In an interview, it would be easy to find out which coaches could get the job done at IU. Ask about what it takes to win. How to make key plays in close games. Talk about the types of adjustments you make at halftime. What you look for in a recruit. What wearing the "Indiana" jersey means.
Honestly, it would not be that hard to hire the right guy.

Not to mention, an incredible consultant to have right now is Teri Moren, whom has done an amazing job building a winning culture.

Quinn hired hom dolson did he he was told
This seems to be the prevailing take on this hire. Is there any proof this is the case? I do not doubt that folks on BOT and Buckner voiced their opinions, but seems as though Woody was Buckner's hire and Dolsen was nothing more the public figure representing the school as AD shaking hands and making press announcements. If this is true and there are folks in the know, I'd love to hear the details supporting Buckner being the guy.

This seems to be the prevailing take on this hire. Is there any proof this is the case? I do not doubt that folks on BOT and Buckner voiced their opinions, but seems as though Woody was Buckner's hire and Dolsen was nothing more the public figure representing the school as AD shaking hands and making press announcements. If this is true and there are folks in the know, I'd love to hear the details supporting Buckner being the guy.
Woody has to go. Period! If Dolson and Buckner don't do it they're more incompetent than he is.

I am not going through the statements to the press at that time from Buckner and others but the record in the press shows that Buckner was that guy.

Beards a jerk on many levels

I would too. And the issue between Woodson and Fife

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT