ADVERTISEMENT

People who survived covid under Trump could face serious long term brain injury...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I say under Trump because the study involved comparing medical records of 145,000 veterans who tested positive between March 1 2020 and Jan 15 2021 to study the prevalence of issues like memory loss, seizures, and ischemic strokes caused by blood clots. It was a large study...

"They compared these with records from 5.6 million patients who did not have COVID during the same time frame, and another group of 5.8 million people from the period just before the coronavirus arrived in the United States."

Among the findings, the Covid patients had a 77% higher risk of memory problems, 50% more likely to experience a stroke, and 80% more likely to develop seizures...

I'm no statistician, but none of this sounds good...

• Haha
Reactions: BigDoggyDog
I say under Trump because the study involved comparing medical records of 145,000 veterans who tested positive between March 1 2020 and Jan 15 2021 to study the prevalence of issues like memory loss, seizures, and ischemic strokes caused by blood clots. It was a large study...

"They compared these with records from 5.6 million patients who did not have COVID during the same time frame, and another group of 5.8 million people from the period just before the coronavirus arrived in the United States."

Among the findings, the Covid patients had a 77% higher risk of memory problems, 50% more likely to experience a stroke, and 80% more likely to develop seizures...

Are you serious? “Under Trump”? You’re hopeless.

Latino students in Uvalde 100000000% more likely to be slaughtered in their classroom under Biden.

Get out of here with that thread title, you ridiculous clown show.
Yeah after being around here for the better part of two decades, I'll take "advice" from someone who registered...

TODAY?? :rolleyes: ;)

Btw, what would have been more accurate a description to distinguish that it was largely the first year? You can't say the first year, because then people would assume March 2020 to March 2021. So it ended before a year was up, and before Biden took over. Sorry that makes you butthurt...

You could say "early in the pandemic."
I could have, but that would be sort of misleading since it was a very precise timeline. If it had extended beyond Jan 20, then I would have used different phrasing. But then Big Dog would never have registered to express his feaux outrage ,and we'd have never been blessed with his insightful commentary... :)

Welp........

I hoped and tried to be the last person on earth to get it...but tested positive this AM..

Very mild symptioms so the Vaxxes did their job. Thankfully i didn't get it "under Trump"

Worst part is I can't go to the football game.

I could have, but that would be sort of misleading since it was a very precise timeline. If it had extended beyond Jan 20, then I would have used different phrasing. But then Big Dog would never have registered to express his feaux outrage ,and we'd have never been blessed with his insightful commentary... :)
Have you been hacked?

Welp........

I hoped and tried to be the last person on earth to get it...but tested positive this AM..

Very mild symptioms so the Vaxxes did their job. Thankfully i didn't get it "under Trump"

Yes you can, as long as you don’t have a fever you are okay to go.

Welp........

Get well. I’m thinking not being able to go to the game this week is a good thing.😊

interesting post.

the media has done a beyond horrible job of giving us the pertinent needed facts, both on covid hospitalizations, ICUs, deaths, broken down by age group AND vax status, and on the numbers regarding "long covid" type after effects.

we've all heard the term "long covid", but get virtually no info beyond the mention it exists.

how prevalent is it?

what all downsides are there to long covid, and the prevalence and severity of each.

who is affected with long covid?

is it mostly just seniors like covid, or do long covid effects have a broader affected age range?

does vax status affect long covid?

enquiring minds want to know.

corporate media absolutely ain't tellin.

Last edited:
You are literally politicizing the virus. 😂
Yeah more GOP voters died than Dem voters because I POLITICIZED the virus. All the idiots who took ivermectin because (help me out here, WHY did people believe Ivermectin worked?)- that's my fault.

Hell Elon is cozying up to a fellow grifter like Simone Gold and her cult. But stupid people being stupid is my fault...

Yeah more GOP voters died than Dem voters because I POLITICIZED the virus. All the idiots who took ivermectin because (help me out here, WHY did people believe Ivermectin worked?)- that's my fault.

Hell Elon is cozying up to a fellow grifter like Simone Gold and her cult. But stupid people being stupid is my fault...

How does the age of the deceased play into the stats?

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978

I only got one shot because I got covid about four months after getting it. I told the doctor last week that I didn't want another shot and he said, "I can't make you do it". I said pointing to the America shirt I was wearing,"That is true because this is still America" . BTW, did Biden get a whole new set of vaccines that he was telling the American people to take?

Kind of impressive how you unironically continued doing it after I pointed out that you were doing it, while claiming it wasn’t your fault that you were doing it.

I mean, I’m assuming you’re not trolling me.

I only got one shot because I got covid about four months after getting it. I told the doctor last week that I didn't want another shot and he said, "I can't make you do it". I said pointing to the America shirt I was wearing,"That is true because this is still America" .

You know your doctor thinks you're a moron, don't you?

I only got one shot because I got covid about four months after getting it. I told the doctor last week that I didn't want another shot and he said, "I can't make you do it". I said pointing to the America shirt I was wearing,"That is true because this is still America" . BTW, did Biden get a whole new set of vaccines that he was telling the American people to take?
Incredible your doctor can call you an idiot and you don't pick up on it.

Why get a booster if I had covid and the first shot? It doesn't make sense. BTW, you can still get covid and spread it if you get the booster so it doesn't do any good. Goat, I am thinking you and I don't think alike.
The bivalent booster is more effective than the earlier booster or previously having had COVID-19.

Why get a booster if I had covid and the first shot? It doesn't make sense. BTW, you can still get covid and spread it if you get the booster so it doesn't do any good. Goat, I am thinking you and I don't think alike.
Well, if you don't realize your doctor was calling you an idiot, then no, we don't think alike.

The bivalent booster is more effective than the earlier booster or previously having had COVID-19.

What does it matter?.... the current variant of Covid is no different than getting any other type of coronavirus (common cold) at this point.

At- risk people have a greater risk of hospitalization this winter from the flu.

What does it matter?.... the current variant of Covid is no different than getting any other type of coronavirus (common cold) at this point.
How many US deaths a month are there from the common cold, vs. COVID-19?

How many US deaths a month are there from the common cold, vs. COVID-19?

elderly (and others with poor immune systems) are going to continue to suffer from a novel virus for a long while.

That's not the point. These are the population that will benefit from ongoing boosters (and flu shots)

You were responding to someone who is apparently healthy, had prior vaccines, and also had a previous infection. That person's chances of getting very ill from covid at this point is nearly zilch.

elderly (and others with poor immune systems) are going to continue to suffer from a novel virus for a long while.

That's not the point. These are the population that will benefit from ongoing boosters (and flu shots)

You were responding to someone who is apparently healthy, had prior vaccines, and also had a previous infection. That person's chances of getting very ill from covid at this point is nearly zilch.
Virtually everyone benefits from a flu shot I won’t say the same about the new Covid shots because it enrages so many Gravy Seals here.

That’s because you’re an idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT