ADVERTISEMENT

People on Woodson’ case….chill out. It’s hasn’t even been 12 months.

dmc456

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
It takes 3 yrs to get the players you recruit to just their sophomore year.

Chill the f out!

They have made huge strides on changing the decades of no accountability culture at IU. It won’t change over night and Woodson is going to piss some people and players off.

Year 3, they will have some fight in the program with players who want to win and finish teams off instead of take them for a walk in the park.

Chill the f out!

They have made huge strides on changing the decades of no accountability culture at IU. It won’t change over night and Woodson is going to piss some people and players off.

Year 3, they will have some fight in the program with players who want to win and finish teams off instead of take them for a walk in the park.
Plenty of inbred morons on this board. Pulling the rug out from under Woodson now would be a huge blunder. Give the guy a few years to change things and support him. I want IU back on top as much as anybody, but it’s pathetic how fast people turned on Woodson. Frankly, it’s pathetic.

Those yelling that Woodson doesn’t have college experience….

You are the same people who wanted Biden….he has 50 yrs of experience so he will be better than the other guy. How is that working out?

You need a leader who holds people accountable and Woodson is the 1st coach in 20 yrs to do so

Plenty of inbred morons on this board. Pulling the rug out from under Woodson now would be a huge blunder. Give the guy a few years to change things and support him. I want IU back on top as much as anybody, but it’s pathetic how fast people turned on Woodson. Frankly, it’s pathetic.
It's called unrealistic expectations; I didn't have them and I'm not really so bummed about this year. It was about what I expected. We have a flawed roster, no real clutch player, no shooters. It's maybe a tad better than last year, which is what you can expect when you hire someone late with no opportunity other than to patch holes and hope for the best and have them unlearn this packline crap. I really think TJD and Race and Rob moving on will be a good thing for the offense. We still need a big guy, but we have a couple, they just need to pick up the pace in the summer. I firmly believe that the best way to rebuild culture and chemistry is to throw Bates, Lander, Geronimo and what's coming to the fire and let them get sick of losing. Once they get sick of losing, we'll have something

I do feel bad for TJD, Race, and Rob. All talented, but robbed of that by crap coaching and they still stuck it out. Had TJD gone to UK, he would have had the development he needed by now to be a pro, he wouldn't be starting till this year, but probably would have shined by now ... ala Kion Brooks, who will be a pro. That is the difference between them and us as far as recruiting and the gap is wide still

Last edited:

Chill the f out!

CMW created a double edged sword from the first day. He said he wanted to compete for the BIG championship this year. He set that as a goal. This brought high expectations for many of the fans.
I am glad he did that for motivation but it probably wasn't very realistic.
So now fans are all over him because it hasn't worked out.
The defense has greatly improved. The offense has provided wide open shots that just have not been made.
Add some true shooters/scorers and they will be ok and can contend for the BIG and have success in the NCAA.
Going to take a bit though.

CMW created a double edged sword from the first day. He said he wanted to compete for the BIG championship this year. He set that as a goal. This brought high expectations for many of the fans.
I am glad he did that for motivation but it probably wasn't very realistic.
So now fans are all over him because it hasn't worked out.
The defense has greatly improved. The offense has provided wide open shots that just have not been made.
Add some true shooters/scorers and they will be ok and can contend for the BIG and have success in the NCAA.
Going to take a bit though.
RMK always said that winning the conference was the primary goal of the season. So no mystery where Woodson got that from.

Chill the f out!

You seem to have a thing to defend people who are losers. You are cute.

It's called unrealistic expectations; I didn't have them and I'm not really so bummed about this year. It was about what I expected. We have a flawed roster, no real clutch player, no shooters. It's maybe a tad better than last year, which is what you can expect when you hire someone late with no opportunity other than to patch holes and hope for the best and have them unlearn this packline crap. I really think TJD and Race and Rob moving on will be a good thing for the offense. We still need a big guy, but we have a couple, they just need to pick up the pace in the summer. I firmly believe that the best way to rebuild culture and chemistry is to throw Bates, Lander, Geronimo and what's coming to the fire and let them get sick of losing. Once they get sick of losing, we'll have something

I do feel bad for TJD, Race, and Rob. All talented, but robbed of that by crap coaching and they still stuck it out. Had TJD gone to UK, he would have had the development he needed by now to be a pro, he wouldn't be starting till this year, but probably would have shined by now ... ala Kion Brooks, who will be a pro. That is the difference between them and us as far as recruiting and the gap is wide still
You should read Cav’s preseason publication. It’s full of hype and cute nicknames for guys that don’t contribute a thing in the games. I can’t wait to read next year’s preseason hype.

You are the same people who wanted Biden….he has 50 yrs of experience so he will be better than the other guy. How is that working out?

You need a leader who holds people accountable and Woodson is the 1st coach in 20 yrs to do so
Don't confuse the two: two so-called Democrats (Manchin and Sinema) are altering his record and polling. Who are the Indiana players doing that to the season?

You should read Cav’s preseason publication. It’s full of hype and cute nicknames for guys that don’t contribute a thing in the games. I can’t wait to read next year’s preseason hype.
Cav is great but you bought his hype and not all the other more qualified folks who had us pegged about where we are? Sounds like Buffalo problem more than anything.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

Chill the f out!

I think it takes four or five. First three years do not count.

Inbreed who knew. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: rocketo
Dumbass post. So many coaches come right in and turn it around and make tournament, Gard, Underwood, etc.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
Cav is great but you bought his hype and not all the other more qualified folks who had us pegged about where we are? Sounds like Buffalo problem more than anything.
If you read my earlier predictions, I had us at 7-13 in conference. So, it’s actually better than expected.
However, the saying that “you cannot fix stupid” is very appropriate for this program. Too many games with mental lapses that are a reflection of the coaching staff that allowed it.
Hey - we are right where I expect IU basketball every year: 8-14 place finish. Early BTT exits. Preseason hype and then a cupcake schedule. Getting beat by better coaching. It’s all in the script.

If you read my earlier predictions, I had us at 7-13 in conference. So, it’s actually better than expected.
However, the saying that “you cannot fix stupid” is very appropriate for this program. Too many games with mental lapses that are a reflection of the coaching staff that allowed it.
Hey - we are right where I expect IU basketball every year: 8-14 place finish. Early BTT exits. Preseason hype and then a cupcake schedule. Getting beat by better coaching. It’s all in the script.

no one read your dumb prediction and no one thinks you know the impact of talent and/ or coaching. Srsly

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
no one read your dumb prediction and no one thinks you know the impact of talent and/ or coaching. Srsly
You need to get to the dry cleaner to pick up your cheerleader skirt. Just another fan boy that ignores the red flags. IU is so far out of its league playing in this conference and the coach is in over his head. Figure it out.

You need to get to the dry cleaner to pick up your cheerleader skirt. Just another fan boy that ignores the red flags. IU is so far out of its league playing in this conference and the coach is in over his head. Figure it out.

durp, sorry you thought Kopp was gonna put a 12-15 team over the top…that’s more of a warning flag for your fragile feelz

This team hasn't had a backcourt leader since Yogi. We have no finisher and haven't for a long time. Until we get someone to lead this team on the court, it's going to be the same movie over and over.

Reactions: bub-rub
durp, sorry you thought Kopp was gonna put a 12-15 team over the top…that’s more of a warning flag for your fragile feelz
We can all get behind this program for an NIT run. That we can agree on. That’s IU’s ceiling each year and we might get some learning in for the coach as well.

Reactions: bailey777
No coach should ever get a pass their first couple seasons. The bar can be lowered but there’s still a bar. I didn’t expect to be competing for a Big Ten title and Final Four this year but missing the tournament is absolutely unacceptable. Obviously you don’t fire him but the honeymoon sure is over and he really needs a couple big transfers.

No coach should ever get a pass their first couple seasons. The bar can be lowered but there’s still a bar. I didn’t expect to be competing for a Big Ten title and Final Four this year but missing the tournament is absolutely unacceptable. Obviously you don’t fire him but the honeymoon sure is over and he really needs a couple big transfers.
What about Crean?? You wanted to give him a second extension.

No three year honeymoon?

He took a terrible team with a losing record to a winning record.
Not that I totally disagree, but there is a caveat. Arch had probably 5-6 cupcake games that were nuked by a shortened OOC (usually IND would play 11 games, and would've been entitled to play 13 because of playing in Maui [via Asheville]). Instead, Arch only played 7, and five of them were against high major conference teams (PROV, TEX, STAN, FLST and BUT).

So if we add back those 5-6 games IND would've played had there been a full season and it started on time, there's no reason not to assume IND wins all 5-6 (as they likely would be from the same caliber of opponents Woody played this year), therefore the 12-15 record would've become a 17-15 or 18-15 record.

Dumb post of the day. Congratulations.

Hard to argue with this, like I do with many of your other posts. But the team was within hailing distance of at least 4 other wins which would have been a very decent first- year season. But, they don’t know how to close out close games and their personnel is lacking a big-time go-to scorer and better overall players. Woodie still has lots to learn about the college game. It’s Indiana and the honeymoon is over. I hope he and his staff spend a lot of time self-reflecting on what they did wrong and how they can improve. If they do that and add some better players who can also shoot the damn ball, he’ll succeed.

I remember when we were hoping for when Archie would replace Tom’s players w his own. I think it will turn out better this time around.

Reactions: bailey777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT