ADVERTISEMENT

Path to 6: Rutgers, MSU, Purdue

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
CTA better put on his big boy coaching pants.

Rutgers doesn't have an Offense.

MSU is down big time.

Purdue is a pretender. Simmons and Camper should go off for 250 yards and 6 TDs against a terrible secondary.

Even after all the incompetence of this season.... there is still time to put this all together in the end.

If I’m a betting man…..I would put my money on Allen and crew being on a path to 9.
Nine on the wrong side of the ledger.
Also, CTA can’t put on big boy pants if they aren’t in his closet. He doesn’t have the skill set to collect a team and turn it around. Not HC material.

MSU is down big time.

Purdue is a pretender. Simmons and Camper should go off for 250 yards and 6 TDs against a terrible secondary.

Even after all the incompetence of this season.... there is still time to put this all together in the end.
I will save you the suspense, it isn't happening this year.

Right now IU needs to focus on the path to four which is Rutgers. Stop shooting themselves in the foot and finding ways to lose. I think they are close. The offensive line play was not offensive yesterday. Win maybe get some confidence back and some momentum.
You mean shooting themselves in the head. Even when we
have a good offensive play one finds themselves looking
all over the field for the yellow flag.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier

MSU is down big time.

Rutgers may not have an offense----but nor do we.

MSU is down---but their down is still more than enough to drub us in EL..

Purdue can score....We can sometimes. TBH, its the only game I think IU has a chance to win..

I worry about their confidence. Between this game and Nebraska, they're looking at two games they basically gave away to the other team, maybe even three in a row depending on how you categorize the Michigan game.

They need something to go right, or I fear this season is going to go very badly off-track. For now, put six wins to the side, even if the path there still isn't completely implausible. What is crucial is that they get off to a good start Saturday in Piscataway and carry it through to the end for a W. They need something that can reinspire some belief.

So purdue's 5 wins are just pretend? You guys won't have that many total by the end of the season. Lol... iu will have no chance in that game. And we just went on the road and beat the team you couldn't even take care of at home.

Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07

MSU is down big time.

Sorry but NO F****** WAY is your path to 6 going to happen.
Hope I am wrong but.....

MSU is down big time.

Rutgers is winnable but IU will have to play at the top their game. As said above, IU finds way to shoot themselves so look for that to continue against Rutgers.

MSU is down and I don't much about them so maybe.

Purdue is not a pretender as they just beat two teams that IU could not. Like most teams, they are working through injuries but seem to get guys to step up and improve as the season progresses. Not sure IU can say the same.

Purdue sits as co-leader of the West division. You can say what you want about their division but they are still B10 teams to which Purdue has 5 wins against. IU has five total since Aug 2021.

Let's see how the second half plays out.

IU is running out of time to make something of this season. It is sad to see but that is where they are right now. It is difficult to turn around a losing streak and IU will have to do it without the best LB along with two of their best receivers gone unless they come back fully healthy this week.

Reactions: ESalum86
It will be a relief when we get the 7th loss.
These ‘path to 6 win’s posts are depressing and sad.
Yes…we won as many as we lost.
Let’s throw a parade,go to Detroit in December and get beat by Toledo.

Reactions: bang63
Think we beat Rutgers, but will lose to MSU and Purdue. Sure Purdue's defensive backfield is bad, but we still have to stop them.

And CB would have to actually not throw multiple interceptions, Purdue does seem pretty good at getting those. It's either a pick or 70 yard TD apparently lol

Think we beat Rutgers, but will lose to MSU and Purdue. Sure Purdue's defensive backfield is bad, but we still have to stop them.

And CB would have to actually not throw multiple interceptions, Purdue does seem pretty good at getting those. It's either a pick or 70 yard TD apparently lol
Purdue doesn't have a bad defensive backfield. Both corners will play in the NFL (Brown and Trice). They sell out their rush... meaning those corners play a lot of man coverage.

• Haha
Reactions: Wiedersehen
So purdue's 5 wins are just pretend? You guys won't have that many total by the end of the season. Lol... iu will have no chance in that game. And we just went on the road and beat the team you couldn't even take care of at home.
Tough to make a call on PU. They have won 5 straight I think. They lost to one of the two decent teams they have played and squeaked out a controversial win over the other.

They can pass and can score but have also shown spirts of typical undiciplined Bhrom teams as well.

They have two more games in the green mud, one away and then come to Btown with likely seven wins. IU will be a large underdog.

MSU is down big time.

I would think tomorrow is the last chance at a win honestly.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
It will be a relief when we get the 7th loss.
These ‘path to 6 win’s posts are depressing and sad.
Yes…we won as many as we lost.
Let’s throw a parade,go to Detroit in December and get beat by Toledo.
I will post a path via APR just for you.

Reactions: Nieman
Tough to make a call on PU. They have won 5 straight I think. They lost to one of the two decent teams they have played and squeaked out a controversial win over the other.

They can pass and can score but have also shown spirts of typical undiciplined Bhrom teams as well.

They have two more games in the green mud, one away and then come to Btown with likely seven wins. IU will be a large underdog.
Typically undisciplined? Brohm teams are typically one of the least penalized in the country and since the Syracuse game, it's really cleaned up. Averaging 4 penalties a game. Last year, I believe they averaged 4.5 per game last year. The mass amount of penalties early were uncharacteristic.

2-2 over their next 4 would be really disappointing considering they are potentially better than all 4 teams. I'd assume they win both games on the green rye grass in Rossade

Purdue doesn't have a bad defensive backfield. Both corners will play in the NFL (Brown and Trice). They sell out their rush... meaning those corners play a lot of man coverage.
Trice is good. Brown is big and looks the part but I don't think he's an NFL guy. Reese Taylor is a walking big play for the opposing offense. They've left those guys alone an awful lot. They need Jefferson back badly at S. They've allowed some absolutely egregious big plays, but I don't think they're as bad overall as it may appear. They have no pass rush and English has been questionable.

Reactions: 76-1
Trice is good. Brown is big and looks the part but I don't think he's an NFL guy. Reese Taylor is a walking big play for the opposing offense. They've left those guys alone an awful lot. They need Jefferson back badly at S. They've allowed some absolutely egregious big plays, but I don't think they're as bad overall as it may appear. They have no pass rush and English has been questionable.
Brown isn't an NFL player. Trice is though. Finally healthy. We missed Jefferson more than I thought last week. Pass rush isn't awful, but it isn't good. There are some really promising young pass rushers, so hopefully hagen sticks around to see them through. If English insist on this defense, he has to get more athletic in the secondary. Has to. They sure stop the run well though.

Typically undisciplined? Brohm teams are typically one of the least penalized in the country and since the Syracuse game, it's really cleaned up. Averaging 4 penalties a game. Last year, I believe they averaged 4.5 per game last year. The mass amount of penalties early were uncharacteristic.

2-2 over their next 4 would be really disappointing considering they are potentially better than all 4 teams. I'd assume they win both games on the green rye grass in Rossade
I am looking at a larger dataset than you. Lots of periods of penalties, personal fouls, smack talk, cheap shots etc. over his tenure.

I am looking at a larger dataset than you. Lots of periods of penalties, personal fouls, smack talk, etc.
In the first 3 games, sure. But it's cleaned up. That has been uncharacteristic of Brohm teams at Purdue. There are some untimely ones here and there and they are crushing, but it's far from the norm. Then in the Syracuse game, the refs just got unsportsmanlike happy. But I'd rather have a team that plays with an edge than whatever the colts play with.

Edit. To add to this. After the early monstrosity, Purdue is 72nd in fewest penalties this year, as of now. 14th fewest in the last 3 games. Last year they were 10th. 2020 98th (covid year). 2019 they were 12th. 2018 they were 74th, which was on par with Hazells last year. So outside of covid and the first three games this year, they are one of the least penalized teams in the country. So I feel good about saying that Brohm teams are pretty disciplined.

Last edited:
Reactions: PumpkinShuckers07

MSU is down big time.

I am looking at a larger dataset than you. Lots of periods of penalties, personal fouls, smack talk, cheap shots etc. over his tenure.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...61186307265B983C8944611&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Purdue can score....We can sometimes. TBH, its the only game I think IU has a chance to win..
I think the main difference between IU and PU is PU has a better quarterback. Bazelak is very pedestrian. PU almost always has a better QB which usually translates to better receivers. Other than that, I think we're pretty even, in my optimistic way of looking at the world.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
I think the main difference between IU and PU is PU has a better quarterback. Bazelak is very pedestrian. PU almost always has a better QB which usually translates to better receivers. Other than that, I think we're pretty even, in my optimistic way of looking at the world.
Well… that and much better coaching from the head guy.
As much as this is painful to say, Allen had his one flukey win against Brohm in 2019 with one of his best teams against a 4-7 Purdue squad decimated by injuries and it still took OT. Awful.
I stand by the claim that Allen will never beat Brohm again as long as they are at IU and Purdue. Face it, fan boy Fred made a rash decision like he always did in his coaching hires. If you are the level of IU and Purdue, you damn well better be smart administratively and make good hires to give you an edge. IU? Grade of F for the past 2 decades. Purdue is a B+ only because of Hazell bring down that grade. But, like most smart organizations, they recognized problems and didn’t let them drag on. They went out and got a smart AD and hired good coaches.
IU? Massive fail of epic Surfboard proportions!

Reactions: abraxis and BoilerN
In the first 3 games, sure. But it's cleaned up. That has been uncharacteristic of Brohm teams at Purdue. There are some untimely ones here and there and they are crushing, but it's far from the norm. Then in the Syracuse game, the refs just got unsportsmanlike happy. But I'd rather have a team that plays with an edge than whatever the colts play with.
Look up the word "tenure"

Hope this helps
As much as this is painful to say, Allen had his one flukey win against Brohm in 2019 with one of his best teams against a 4-7 Purdue squad decimated by injuries and it still took OT. Awful.
I stand by the claim that Allen will never beat Brohm again as long as they are at IU and Purdue. Face it, fan boy Fred made a rash decision like he always did in his coaching hires. If you are the level of IU and Purdue, you damn well better be smart administratively and make good hires to give you an edge. IU? Grade of F for the past 2 decades. Purdue is a B+ only because of Hazell bring down that grade. But, like most smart organizations, they recognized problems and didn’t let them drag on. They went out and got a smart AD and hired good coaches.
We were hammered by injuries as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Totally unbiased
We also would have won in 2020. They dodged a bullet with the Covid outbreaks.

Look up the word "tenure"

Hope this helps

We were hammered by injuries as well.
I literally just gave you his entire tenure at Purdue and outside of a fluke season, and a couple games, he's been pretty consistent. What more do you want?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT